• Published 7th Mar 2018
  • 2,573 Views, 65 Comments

Spike's Complications - JordanOlson



After coming to terms with being a "Forever Foal", Spike has come to the conclusion that this is a secret he must carry to his grave. Will Spike be successful or will he be caught?

Comments ( 19 )

Wow... This certainly wasn't what I expected. Very well done! :)

What works with this chapter is how you set up for all the hurt of the past chapters to have lingered for awhile. This would definitely have put Spike into a very depressed state. One where he not only questions himself but whether anything is worth caring about. He likely even lost any joy he had gained from being a 'Forever Foal' due to the events of having his privacy invaded and then releasing such a torrent of vile comments to each of the girls.

The 'fix' makes sense, too, as Twilight would've gone strongly into what the book had said to try and help validate the feelings Spike had that were not being acknowledged. It's extreme but between Twilight, Fluttershy, and Pinkie Pie being a part of the group it is hard to not see such a massive effort to turn things around. Rarity would also get involved to, in the least, put her talents to work in a way that shows how she cares and is the generous pony she prides herself on being.

What is also good is, because of how extreme this result is, you leave an opening for creating a balance. There could come a time where Spike feels he is getting all he needs without being babied. This point would be a great transition for it would show, even if he would want to pad up and be foalish once-in-a-while, he knows he has finally reached the point where he feels 'equal' with the Mane 6 and genuinely loved as a son by Twilight.

There is also potential for Spike to be there to help another in feeling appreciated for who and what they are. It could be part of his 'Friendship Missions'. Or it could apply with your OC. It would certainly be a different avenue than what the CMC have covered.

Definitely a great job. So glad so many have played such a strong part in positively influencing your work. It will be great to see how much more you are able to do thanks to your growing friendships and talents as an author. :)

8813184
I'm so glad you enjoyed this chapter!

As you saw, I had plenty of help which really made this chapter seem much better than most of my others if not all of them.

I of course, had to make an extreme ending since I like drama. I also couldn't let the ending be too predictable, otherwise there would be no point in reading the ending at all.

While I love tragic sadness and darkness, I also enjoy rekindling friendships and love.

I will admit, I was worried about what would happen if I made Twilight a mother rather then a big sister but Twilight hatched him. Girls can get pregnant at a young age and care for a child so why can't Twilight be a young mom?

I can't wait to write another story. For now though, I'm gonna take a small break and read other padded stories on here. The break may be short, it may be long, but I know I certainly need one. I am still kinda sick and now that I don't have a story to worry about, I can relax a bit.

8826923
I laugh at pumped up kicks/school shooting videos sometimes...

8826994
I laugh at a school shooter getting sentenced to death for killing innocents.
Sometimes death can be funny.... other times it’s sad....

8827027
Death just pleases me...

This ending was perfect. :twilightsmile: I love that all of the Mane Six get involved in being a mommy to Spike, not just Twilight. Really looking forward to the continuation of this series. I'm hoping maybe the CMCs will become foals and get to be Spike's playmates. That would be adorable!

While they didn't know what was in store for the future, they knew that they would get through it together as a family...

Truthfully, that's how I've always seen this group of friends: a family.

My only issue with the ending is spike apology
Why he just vented his anger about the truth he has like little reasons to apologize if any

9052993
Thank you very much for sticking around and finishing the story!
I know that there were a few mistakes but I’m glad you gave this story as well as myself, a chance. :twilightsmile:

I honestly have no idea how I’d continue the story at this point. I will try to continue, of course but I need to consider how I wanna do it, as well as figuring out how adding other characters like the CMC, the princesses, etcetera, would affect the plot of the continuation as well as how it would affect character already in the story. There are so many possibilities that it’s hard to come up with one specific way of writing anything when there are many interesting ways a story could go.
Hopefully inspiration will strike but for now, I’m unfortunately stuck at the “drawing board”.

9055182
Even if you do nothing wrong, you could still give an apology, more as a way of saying “I forgive you, now we can move forward”

9055185 You're welcome, mate. There are sadly very few stories lacking in the padded pony genre that involve Spike and the CMC being diapered and babied, and we really need more of them. I'd be more than happy to collaborate with you on the next story, or if you just need someone to bounce ideas off of to get the ball rolling, I'd be happy to do that too.

9055182 I understand where you're coming from, but my problem with it was the way in which Spike went about it. Yes, he did have wvey right to be upset and he did have every right to tell the others how he felt, but he could have done it in a much respectful manner. Or he could have just vented out his anger and frustration by sinoly writing in his journal. There are a million better ways he could have gone about this, hut lashing out at his friends is not one of them!

I might have to take you up on the collaboration suggestion at some point, It does sound like a fun idea.
I always have problems when it comes to writing the beginning of a story so if you have any ideas that you wanna share that’d be great!
Also if you wanna ask for help with something of your own feel free to ask, wether it’d be a need of a proofreader or something else, I’m up for anything. :twilightsmile:

9072076
I completely understand why you wouldn’t like the part where spike vented everything out all at once. Some liked it, some didn’t and that’s okay. I’m just glad you stuck around to read my story. :twilightsmile:

Thank you so much for your compliments. I’m really grateful to hear you saying that you feel like this story deserves more likes. I’m really happy that I made you happy! :pinkiehappy:

I do wish to keep writing, though I feel like I’ve hit a major obstacle or in better words, I have severe writers block. I am open to collaborating with anyone so if you ever wanna chat then just Pm me! I’m also willing to share ideas back and fourth so if you ever want to write a story of your own, I’d be more than happy to help you out!

I don’t mind that you doubted me, in fact, I’m glad you did. This allowed you not to feel disappointment should I have been decent at best (which I feel I am in my opinion), and allowed your spirits to be lifted due to the surprise at me being better then you’d hoped. Plus, I sometimes like when people underestimate or doubt me. It makes it fun to surprise or earn their respect and happiness.

It’s like 5:45am for me and I haven’t slept yet either. Chances are, I’ll be sleeping for the next 16 hours. :twilightblush:

Again, thank you soooo much for all of your friendly comments and your support. I write to please people just like you so it’s very rewarding to hear your happy and pleased with what I’ve done. Truthfully, I feel I am a novice in writing at best and I just got lucky with both inspiration and writing. Though it’s nice to hear that you think otherwise! :yay:

Like I said above, feel free to PM me any time you’d like. I’m always up to chatting with others. For now though, I’m gonna take a long rest which I very desperately need. :ajsleepy:

9072081
Unfortunately I am not caught up on all the episodes. In fact, I’m very far behind.
I intend to binge watch the multiple seasons I have yet to watch when I have time

Twilight smiled and kissed Spike on the forehead lovingly. "Spike. You've lived with me for so long and put up with so much from me. You did everything I asked and didn't really get much in return. Every day, your life got harder and harder without me even realizing it. You’re not just my assistant, you much more. You’re my baby. My wittle Spikey-Wikey. My son ."

I'M NOT CRYING, YOU'RE CRYING. :raritycry::raritycry::raritycry:

9232400
Hope you didn’t pass out from dehydration after crying out all those tears.

Also, not sure if you realized it but the part you quoted had a spelling mistake in there. Even if it wasn’t intentional, thanks for pointing that out! :twilightsheepish:

9232428
It's been nine months since I commented on this, and every time I read this I find myself screaming internally "GIVE ME THE MAMA TWILY BABY SPIKE SEQUEL WE ALL DESERVE!" And then I have to go look up or write adorable pictures or stories to fill the void XD But hey, you've helped inspire my creativity, so I am pretty freaking grateful for it! I'm still gunning for that sequel though! :trollestia:

9725110
Oh wow, I’m surprised you’re still looking forward to a sequel! I’m really glad I made a memorable story!
I haven’t been writing for awhile but I’m always around, sometimes proofreading for others if they ask. As much as I’d love to make a sequel, I feel like I’m so out of touch with this story since it’s been awhile that I wouldn’t even know how to begin the first chapter for it, much less be able to write decently since by now I’m probably gonna be really rusty due to the long period of time I’ve avoided writing.
However, I will definitely keep the idea of a sequel in mind. If for some reason I am unable to do so, maybe someone would be willing to adopt the series temporarily until I get back in the writing mood.
Thank you so much for your continued love for this story and I’m happy that I was able to inspire you! :pinkiehappy:

I really love this story! I hope it continuous ! Great characterization and Great drama and while using this fetish. all those elements were what made the story ,very engaging and believable in universe Great job

11041841
Thank you very much! I would love to continue but I haven’t done any writing in awhile and I feel like my writers block just won’t go away. Perhaps one day I’ll be able to continue but if worse comes to worse, I may see if someone would be willing to take charge of any potential sequels while I share some thoughts and ideas with them, along with doing the proofreading for those sequels.

this is a great story, and inspired me to make my own spike regression story. truly wished this had a sequel

Login or register to comment