• Published 15th Feb 2018
  • 4,829 Views, 11 Comments

Off Day - yodajax10



Spike tells the Crusaders about his relationships with the Princesses!

  • ...
1
 11
 4,829

Cadance

“It was sweet of her to do that,” Sweetie Belle smiled as Spike concluded his next story.

“Yeah, it was,” Spike replied. “And Luna got through the whole book after a few nights. She loved every one of them.”
“That’s cool,” Scootaloo dismissed as she danced around the map. “But I can’t wait to get started with this campaign. Let’s go!”

The four of them set up on the map and Spike began to set the stage. As he told the story, the map transitioned to show the desert plain.

“You are walking around in the desert with your carrying cases, parched beyond all help, and you look for some sort of landmark to show you are close to civilization.”

“Gee,” Sweetie Belle panted. “This map is so immersive. Feels like I’m actually there.”

“Yeah, it’s great!” Spike cheered as the Cutie Mark Crusaders got further into the game. He continued his setup. “And for miles, no resources. Not even the smallest apple tree can provide you with food now.”

Suddenly, the four heard a rumbling sound. Apple Bloom looked down at her stomach and patted it.

“Sorry,” Apple Bloom grinned nervously. “Ah guess this scenario made me a little hungry.”

“We’re actually kinda hungry too, Spike.” Scootaloo spoke as Sweetie Belle nodded.

Spike looked down and thought. He then got an idea. “I know, how about we go to the Hayburger?”

The Crusaders all grinned excitedly. “Yes!” Sweetie Belle hopped in the air. “I haven’t been there in a while!”

“Well then, ladies.” Spike spoke climbing from his chair. “Shall we?”

As the Crusaders and Spike began to make their leave, Spike paused for a minute.

“Wait, guys!” Spike said.

The Crusaders all stopped and turned to Spike. “What is it, Spike?” Apple Bloom asked.

“Well…” Spike started. “We’re all friends, and friends keep secrets right?”

“Why Spike?” Scootaloo asked. “If you got a secret, we won’t tell anypony!”

“Okay,” Spike said. “And I know it might be weird for Sweetie Belle to hear it.”

Sweetie Belle raised an eyebrow.

“Here it goes,” Spike then cleared his throat. “It’s about Rarity...and I-”

“You have a crush on my sister.” Sweetie Belle spoke.

Spike looked and saw the Crusaders giving him bored looks.

“I used to!” The dragon blushed. “H-how did you know?”

“Everypony knows, Spike.” Scootaloo said. “Fluttershy’s bunny told us.”

“Angel told you?” Spike spoke in a shocked tone. He looked down and muttered. “I never should’ve trusted that little…”

“How long have you been crushing on my sister?” Sweetie Belle asked, folding her arms.

“Now, now.” Spike spoke, with his cheeks red. “That’s...actually NOT the secret I was going to tell. Rarity wasn’t the only pony I had a crush on before.”

“Who else?” Apple Bloom asked.

“Well, let me tell you the real secret,” Spike spoke. And he began to tell another story.


Spike walked around the Crystal Empire and sat down by a statue, he looked around and noticed everypony walking with their loved ones and let out a sigh. Today was supposed to be a special day; a day of unity and sharing with that special somepony. But as a dragon, Spike did not have that. He was just...Spike. All by himself. As always.

Spike’s sorrows were mollified by a voice from behind. “Hi there, Spike!”

Spike turned and saw Princess Cadance walking up to him.

“Oh, hi, Cadance.” Spike stammered in the presence of a princess.

“Is everything alright, Spike? You’re just sitting here all by yourself.” Cadance stood next to Spike in concern.

Spike was about to speak, but he looked down. “It’s...it’s not that big a deal.”

“Spike, you know you can tell me anything.” Cadance spoke, raising his chin. “I’ve known you since you hatched.”

Spike looked down, not sure how to put it. “Well...it’s kind of personal...Have I told you I was in love with Rarity about a year ago?”

Cadance was surprised. “You were in love with her?”

“Yeah, but I’m over it now!” Spike quickly waved his claws. “It’s just that...well, Rarity already knows about it...but I feel like even though I moved on...she’d only think of me as that dragon who had a little hatchling crush on her.”

Spike rested his head on his claw, not sure of what to do, until Cadance began to gently stroke his cheek. Spike closed his eyes and smiled, feeling Cadance’s warm touch.

“Spike,” Cadance began. “From experience, I know for a fact that isn’t true.”

“What do you mean?” Spike asked.

Cadance giggled. “Don’t you remember?...You had a crush on me when you were smaller.”

“Oh,” Spike nodded. But suddenly, realization hit him as his pupils shrank. “Wait, what?”

Cadance chuckled. “Relax, Spike.” She then used her magic to place Spike on her back. “Come on, I want to show you something.” She then walked towards her castle with Spike.

Cadance took Spike up to her bedroom and walked towards her closet. “So, what’s going on, Cadance?” Spike asked.

Cadance then pulled out a box and put it in front of her and Spike. “Tell me, if these look familiar.” She spoke, opening it.

Spike looked inside and saw two piles of various doodles and drawings. Though all were of various quality and style, they seemed to reflect a similar theme and involved two recurring characters. His eyes widened as memories began to return to the dragon’s mind.

“Holy...I remember these!” Spike reminded the princess, looking at some of the pictures. He saw one was a Spike looking heroic while Cadance was next to him. Another one showed Spike protecting Cadance from a manticore. Another showed Spike dancing with Cadance. Another showed Spike with a guitar next to Cadance, like he was going to sing to her.

“I, uh, was only learning at the time.” Spike nervously chuckled on how silly his art looked.

After looking at a couple more pictures, Spike turned to Cadance. “You...you really kept these?...You still love me even after my crush?”

“Of course.” Cadance spoke with a hoof on his shoulder. “Every one of these drawings warmed my heart. And with you and me not seeing each other much over the years, I wanted to keep the memories of you alive.”

Cadance petted Spike’s scales. “When you give love away, it will come back to you twice as strong. Even when the love passes to some other pony, the love given will remain no matter where you go or how much of it was given. Love is the strongest force of all. Ever changing, but never forgotten.”

Spike smiled at that, touched that Cadance never forgot about him. But he noticed the princess chuckling. “What?”

“But tell me, Spike. Since you moved up to Rarity,” She leaned down to the dragon, staring at him lovingly. “You haven’t forgotten my good looks, have you?” She joked as she batted her eyelids.

Spike’s face began turning red in blushing while looking at Cadance. “Well...well, I...you-you’re beautiful, don’t get me wrong...but, uh...I...you’re with Shining Armor, and-”

Cadance laughed as she nuzzled the blushing dragon’s cheek. “That’s quite alright, Spike.”

She gently set Spike on his feet and put her hooves on his shoulders. “Rarity loves you as one of her best friends, Spike. Just remember, that while the love in crushes may come and go, the love in friendships remain.”

Spike smiled, feeling a lot better and hugged Cadance’s chest. “Thanks, Cadance.” He spoke while nuzzling his head in the princess’ chest fur.

Cadance smiled warmly and wrapped her hooves around Spike, holding him close. “No problem.” She added with a kiss on his forehead.

“And that’s what Cadance likes about me the most,” Spike finished as they walked out of the Hayburger.

“Wow…” Scootaloo spoke. “Who knew you were quite the ladies’ man, huh?” Scootaloo playfully elbowed Spike as he blushed.

Back at Twilight’s castle, Twilight herself finally returned, with Celestia, Luna and Cadance with her. They all looked at the note on Twilight’s gate.

Twilight put her hoof on the door. “Good thing you locked it, Spike.”

“Ah, look.” Luna pointed in the distance, recognizing the fillies she visited in dreams. “There he is with the little Crusaders.”

Twilight saw Spike and the Crusaders exiting the Hayburger. Twilight and the Princesses got a little closer, but not too much that they were not seen by them.

Apple Bloom then walked up to Spike and put a hoof on his shoulder. “Ah don’t mean to ask this, but...with ya’ll being so far away from Canterlot, do you ever miss them princesses?”

Spike sighed. “Sometimes, but it’s always worth waiting ‘till I see them again. I mean, to me they’re not just princesses, next to Twilight, they’re the closest I have to a family.”

Celestia, Luna and Cadance were all touched by Spike’s comment. Cadance held her hoof to her heart, Luna’s cheeks turned red as she blushed and Celestia’s eyes watered up with tears.

“Wait a minute,” Cadance spoke. “Who are they?”

Twilight heard the sound of mean laughing as she saw Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon walk up to Spike and the Crusaders.

“Well, well!” Diamond Tiara sneered. “If it isn’t the blank flanks! What are you messing up with today?”

“None of your business, Diamond Tiara!” Apple Bloom snapped. “We’re heading back to finish our game!”

“Let me guess,” Silver Spoon teased. “That Ogres And Oubliettes game? That’s only for nerds!”

“Now, now, Silver Spoon!” Diamond Tiara spoke. “That means it’s perfect for them!”

As the bullies laughed, Twilight and the princesses grew annoyed and angry by their teasing.

“Hey, cut that out!” Spike stepped in. “I play that game and I think it’s awesome!”

Diamond Tiara rolled her eyes. “Who asked you to but in, lizard?”

“Hey, you can’t talk to Spike like that!” Sweetie Belle stood in front of the bullies.

“Yeah! He’s the most awesomest dragon ever!” Scootaloo’s wings buzzed in the air.

“And Ah don’t think the princesses would take kindly to y’all teasing him, either!” Apple Bloom glared at Diamond Tiara.

“Oh, really?” Diamond Tiara smirked as she stepped closer to Spike. “Well, Spike. If you really friends with the princesses of all Equestria, where are they now, hmm?”

“They...they’re at a summit.” Spike spoke, trying to defend himself.

“I thought so,” Diamond Tiara rose her head in a smug way.

The princesses got more angry, but Luna was taking it the worst. With a snort, She began to walk towards them. “Why, I have a right mind to-!”

“Wait, Aunt Luna!” Cadance stepped in her way, making her stop.

Twilight nodded. “We’re all angry too, but we need to be calm and-” Twilight noticed somepony missing. “Wait, where’s Celestia?”

The bullies didn’t notice what was going on and continued teasing. “Like any princess would want a dragon as a friend!” Silver Spoon teased as she and Diamond Tiara continued laughing.

Suddenly, in a burst of magical light, Celestia appeared between the bullies and Spike with the Crusaders.

The bullies were shocked and surprised by this sight. “Pr-Pr-Princess Celestia!” Silver Spoon stammered.
Celestia smiled and lowered her head to Spike. “Oh, hello, Spike.” She spoke in a sweet voice. “And how are you doing today?”

Spike was surprised by Celestia’s sudden appearance. “Oh, hi! Well, uh...we’re doing fine! We just got a bite to eat and we’re heading back to the castle.”

“Well, that’s good to hear.” Celestia ruffled Spike’s scales. She then turned to the bullies, still smiling. “And I can imagine you weren’t giving my friends any trouble, were you?”

“Oh, they’re...they’re YOUR friends?” Diamond Tiara spoke in surprise. “I...I had no idea! Small world!”

“Do you think she heard what we said?” Silver Spoon whispered.

Diamond Tiara flipped around. “Will you just...shush! I’ll take care of this!”

Diamond Tiara looked back up to Celestia, sweating. “Now, your highness...you see...w-w-w-w-w-we were only-”

The bullies took notice of Twilight, Luna and Cadance in the distance and grew horrified. They looked back up at Celestia who was still smiling. With a yelp, the bullies quickly ran away in fright.

Once the bullies were gone, Celestia turned back to Spike.

“I...uh…” Spike spoke, nervously, not expecting to be in the presence of the princesses this day. “Thanks for helping us back there and-”

Suddenly, to everypony’s surprise, Celestia let out a small squeal of delight as she picked up Spike and spun him in the air. She then held him to her neck, laughing. “Oh, Spike,” She spoke, nuzzling his forehead. “We all missed you so much.”

Apple Bloom turned to Scootaloo. “Did Princess Celestia just squeal?”

Celestia than handed Spike to Luna as she hugged him tightly with her hoof. “And we weren’t just going to let anypony bully you while we’re around.”

Luna then handed Spike to Cadance who held him with her hoof and rubbed her nose against his cheek. “No matter how far away, there’s still three princesses who will always love you,” She then kissed Spike on the cheek as all the princesses shared a group hug with the dragon.

“Awwwww!” Apple Bloom and Scootaloo both spoke, as Twilight smiled warmly.

As the group hug ended, they all noticed that ever since Celestia made the scene, Sweetie Belle only had a reaction of awe.

“You okay, Sweetie Belle?” Twilight asked.

“...THAT WAS AMAZIIIING!!!” Sweetie Belle began hopping in the air, excitedly. She looked up to Celestia. “I mean, I mean, nopony was there and then, and then BOOM! You were right in front of us! It’s just-I mean it was-!” Sweetie Belle then sighed of the amazing thing she saw.

Luna leaned her head to Cadance and whispered. “I told you they’re quite enthusiastic.” This caused both her and Luna to chuckle.

Twilight then turned to Spike. “You know, Spike. Me and the princesses were talking, and they told me they need a little a certain dragon for a little ‘Royal Business’ next week.” Twilight finished with a wink.

Spike grinned as he looked up to the princesses. “Royal Business?”

The princesses nodded as Luna ruffled his scales.

“Yes!” Spike cheered. He then looked over to the smiling Crusaders. Suddenly, an idea flashed in his head. “Hey, guys?” Spike asked the princesses. “Is it alright if I bring three guests along?”

“I don’t see the trouble.” Celestia nodded.

Spike gave a thumbs up to the Crusaders who looked confused. Sweetie Belle turned around and looked back at Spike, and pointed at herself, thinking if Spike was referring to them. Spike nodded happily.

Huge grins formed on the Crusaders’ faces as they began happily jumping in the air.

“We’re going on Royal Business! We’re going on Royal Business!” They all cheered as they shared a group hug with Spike, happily laughing.

THE END

Author's Note:

I hope you all enjoyed the story. Spike having a crush on Cadance was based on another story written by a different author. But I don't know which one.

Comments ( 4 )

Hm, that's the first I've ever heard of such a thing. Still, it's very interesting. I wonder if Rarity knows. :raritywink:

Also, this should be tagged "Completed" unless you plan to add something for Twilight.

Is it me or the CMC have a crush on Spike?

I like how Cadence was shown as Spike's first crush. It's quite believable as Cadence would've been around a lot to help care for Twilight from time-to-time.

Sweet ending. Celestia in mom mode with Spike is awesome!

Login or register to comment