• Published 23rd Jan 2018
  • 6,581 Views, 60 Comments

Luna mother of Twilight Sparkle - Ace Pony Stories



Twilight Sparkle daughter of Princess Luna

  • ...
3
 60
 6,581

Twilight Sparkle 3 years old

It was a bright autumn day, Luna and her husband were asleep, however, one little filly was eager to get them up, “Mommy, Daddy wake up!” Twilight said shaking her parents.

“Uhhg, Ok sweetie we’re up,” Luna said rubbing her eyes.

“Get your usual four hours of sleep, Luna?” Night asked he never quite liked that his wife got so little sleep.

“Yeah, maybe four and a half,” Luna replied.

“So want do you need Twily?” Night asked his daughter.

“It’s morning, breakfast time!” The little filly chirped.

“Well then let’s go!” Luna gave the young alicorn a small kiss.

Luna climbed off of the bed and made her way out of the room Night was taking a bit more time, “Come on Daddy!” Twilight said.

“Ok, ok!” Night chuckled.

The stallion followed his wife. Twilight was shortly behind him. After leaving the room the filly rushed over to her own room, which was next to her parents’ room and rushed over to her bed gave one of her four dolls a hug, the one that looked like her best friend and ‘Big Sister’ Snowdrop. Since before she could remember she had a doll version of each of the four ponies she loved the most; one of her mother she called it Woona, one of her father which she called Nigh-Nigh, her aunt she called that one Tia which she called her aunt anyway and the one she was currently holding she called Snow-Snow.

Through the open door, Luna and Night saw everything their daughter did.

“Why do you always do that honey?” Twilight’s father asked her as she came out of her room.

“Because Snowy isn’t here to hug,” Twilight said innocently.

Luna and Night looked at each other and chuckled, Twilight and Snowdrop had always seen each other as sisters.

The mother, father and daughter made their way out of their room and down the hall. Once they were in the dining hall. They saw Celestia was already there, “Morning everypony.”

“Auntie Tia!” Twilight rushed over giving her aunt a big hug, “Good morning!”

The white alicorn returned the hug, “All of you sleep well?”

“I did!” Luna said.

“Me too.” Night added

“And you Twilight?” Celestia said, putting her niece on the floor.

“Yep, I did.” Twilight smiled. The filly’s happy demeanour brought a smile to everypony’s face. The family sat down to eat, Twilight sat between her parents.

After the servants brought the four royals their breakfast, Celestia turned to her sister, “So what are you doing today Luna? Talking Twilight anywhere?”

Luna nodded, “Yes, I think I might I’ll take her to Canterlot, then Cloudsdale.”

Twilight smiled at the second place her mother mentioned, “Can we see Snowy?”

Luna smiled, “Of course I’m sure that she would love to get a visit from her ‘Little Sister’.”

“Yay!” Twilight cheered making the three adults chuckle.

“But eat the rest of your breakfast first.” Night told the filly.

“Ok!” Twilight exclaimed giving a huge smile before continuing eating.

The family finished their breakfast after which the servants took the plates and silverware to be cleaned.

Twilight walking excitedly between her parents asked, “Are you coming too, Daddy?”

“I am.” Night nodded “We haven’t done anything as a family in a while.”

After a short time of walking with Luna and Night, talking as their daughter skipped through the hall in between them, the family stepped on the chariot pulled by two pegasi. After taking off Twilight waved, “Bye Castle!” she chirped.

The older ponies chuckled, “Oh Twilight, you’re the cutest little filly” Luna said pulling her daughter into a hug.

Night smiled at his wife and daughter seeing Luna playing with their daughter and in turn Twilight laughing. That alone showed him how lucky he was to have such a beautiful daughter and wife. He put a wing over the two.

The flight went smoothly and they soon landed in their first stop. The city known as Canterlot. After landing the family thanked the two pegasi that pulled the chariot. The two of them bowed to the royals as their reply.

As they walked through the city, the family was bowed to and greeted by all ponies they passed. Twilight tried talking to other fillies but whenever she did the foal’s parents told them to ‘show the princess respect’ after which the foals gave her a bow. There were times when she could get to talk before her own mother said they were moving on.

The family started to look through a shop that had caught Twilight’s eye. They sold several items candles, candelabras, chairs but nothing really stuck out to the three.

The family decided to stop in the bakery before moving on to Cloudsdale. The shop was run by a stallion named Pastry Joe.

After family entered everypony rose from their seats to bow as the three walked away to the counter.

“Your Highnesses, for what do I owe the honour for your presence today?” Joe asked bowing his head.

“We are simply passing through the city.” Luna replied, “And simply wish to sample the food of your establishment.”

“Why thank you, your highness, please feel free to get whatever you wish,” Joe said.

Twilight smiled pointing to a pastry behind the stallion, “Can I have that one, Mommy?”

Luna smiled at her daughter, “Of course you can Twilight.” The princess turned to the shop stallion, “My husband and I request one as well if you please.”

“Of course, right away, Your Highness!” Joe bowed.

After the stallion grabbed the three pastries in his magic he levitated them to the three royal customers.

“Thank you!” Twilight exclaimed taking a bite out of her pastry crumbs sticking to her lips.

Joe shook his head, “No, No, No you don’t have to thank me Princess Twilight I’m just a baker.” he said slightly nervous.

The family tried to pay but Joe saying he “Wouldn’t make royalty pay for something as insignificant as a few pastries.”

After leaving the bakery with the other customers bowing to them as they passed by the family started to walk back to the royal chariot once they found the chariot the two pegasi guards greeted them as the three stepped on to the chariot Luna said to the guards pulling them, “Our next stop is Cloudsdale.”

“Yes, Your Highness!” Both the driving pegasi said in unison.

“Yay!” Twilight chirped.

Night and Luna looked down at their daughter giving each other a smile and kiss.

Awhile later the cloud city was just coming into view Twilight hearing they were almost there couldn’t sit still anymore, “Yay!”

Luna draping a wing over her daughter said, “Yes we are now come down my little star.”

Twilight obeyed her mother, “Okay mommy.”

After some minutes the pegasi guards landed the chariot on to the clouds that comprised the floating city.

The family one by one stepped off their ride and on to the soft clouds and stared their way to the actual city to see their friends and practical family; Snowdrop and her mother Primrose.

A repeat of what happened in the previous city occurred ponies bowing to the royals as they passed.

Soon two ponies both pegasi flew over to them one was a light yellow mare and a light blue one with a curly white mane who was more an older filly than a full-grown mare.

“Snowy!” Twilight smiled rushing over to the older filly.

Hearing the sound of the filly’s footsteps Snowdrop braced for the imminent hug she knew was coming, “Hello Twilight.” The pegasus replied as the younger filly embrace her.

Night stepped forward stretching out his hoof to the pink mare, “It’s nice to see again Primrose.”

“It’s nice to see you three as well. Is Celestia not here this time?” Primrose asked in some ways she still wasn’t entirely used to calling royalty by their name and not their title. But it had gotten easier over the last three years.

“No. We wanted to take today for the three of us.” Luna explained.

Primrose nodded glancing at her daughter who now had the young Princess Twilight sitting on her back, “Are you really ok with this Snowy?”

Snowdrop smiled, “Yes I’m ok.”

Twilight replied by rubbing the older filly’s cheek against her own, “Your the best!”

The two mothers chuckled at their daughters bonding with each other, “You two are so precious!” Primrose told the two fillies.

With a sweet smile, Luna agreed, “Just behave Twilight you don’t want to hurt her.”

“Don’t worry mommy I will!” Twilight promised.

The five ponies walked through the streets of the cloud city. Twilight glanced around the buildings waving at a few ponies who really only waved back being nervous about wanting to please the royal family.

“Why is nopony smiling?” Twilight asked.

Primrose smiled, “Not everypony is as comfortable being around you as Snowdrop and I.”

Twilight tilting her head asked, “Why? You love us. Don’t they?”

“Of course they do. But it’s different me and Snowdrop love you like family not just royalty.” Primrose told the youngest pony rubbing her cheek.

“We love you too. Right Mommy, Right Daddy?” Twilight turned to her parents.

Luna chuckled, “Of course.”

Night nodded at his daughter’s statement, “They are as close to family as they can be.”

Twilight smiled giving Primrose a hug before turning to Snowdrop slipping back onto her back, “You’re back.”

Twilight looked at the older filly in amazement, “How do you know I was gone?”

“I could feel your weight lift off my back and heard you give mother a hug.” Snowdrop replied.

Twilight smiled, “You’re amazing!”

The adults all chuckled at the youngest’s comment.

After giving Twilight a nuzzle Luna heard a voice speak, “Princess Luna! Lunar Captain Night Shadow!”

The alicorn and pegasus turned in response to their names they saw two armoured pegasi, “Yes.” Luna spoke up first.

“Your Highness! The Earl and Countess of Cloudsdale have requested your presence. Princess Celestia and her captain Crimson Flash have been requested as well.”

Luna sighed, “I guess our visit is ending much too soon.”

Twilight just looked sad at the thought of having to say goodbye to the two pegasi, “Bye Snowy. Bye Primy.” Twilight got the older filly’s back using her wings to slow her decent on to her on to the clouds they were walking on.

Snowdrop spoke up, “W-we could take care of her.”

Luna turned to her friend, “I can’t be certain it’s quite a good idea.”

“Luna remember we can trust these two they’ve known Twilight since she was only a young 3 months old.” Night reminded the alicorn.

Luna paused she did trust these two as if they were family but this would be the first time her daughter was going to be away from her blood family even when she was away from her and her father she was always with her aunt, “But Twilight’s never been away from her family this would be the first time Tia wasn’t watching her. While we aren’t.”

Night continued to reassure the alicorn, “It will be alright LuLu.”

Luna thought for a moment and decided, “Twilight what do wish?”

Twilight turned to her parents then the two pegasi a few times.

Night smiled, “You’ll have more time with Snowdrop.”

Twilight responded to her father with a smile.

Night turned to his wife, “I believe that answers what she wants.”

Luna now out of time made the decision to have the two pegasi watch her daughter. They were more than happy to accept. To prevent any confusion Luna gave Primrose a written statement saying she was to be with Twilight until returning to her parents.

Twilight smiled, “Yay!”

Luna quickly hugged and kissed her daughter, “Goodbye Twilight I promise this won’t take long. Just behave.”

“Ok, mommy! Bye!” Twilight exclaimed waving to her parents as they left. The older ponies returned their daughter’s wave and smile.

After the two had left Twilight turned back to the two pegasi were now taking care of her.

Snowdrop smiled as she felt Twilight climb back on to her back.

Primrose turned, “Twilight do you want?”

Twilight looked down not saying a word.

After a few seconds, Snowdrop gave an idea, “I’d like some help making snowflakes.”

Twilight’s eyes lit up, “I’ll help! I’ll help!”

Snowdrop and Primrose smiled, “Then let’s go.”

Later

Primrose along with the two fillies in her care entered the house.

Twilight looked around the dwelling finding it strange after being surrounded by more the regal castle decorations seeing the pegasi’s house only having tables, chairs and barely any decorations.

Primrose glanced to the young filly, “It may not be a castle but it’s our home.”

Twilight turned to Primrose and smiled.

Snowdrop asked, “Would you want to see how I make Snowflakes?”

After jumping off the older filly’s back Twilight responded, “Yes!”

Snowdrop knowing her way led the alicorn to a small workshop she had in her house. The pegasus brought out a small piece of ice placing it on the table. After which she helped Twilight use a feather to carve the piece into a shape, “Just slowly scrape the ice away and crave a shape.”

“What kind of shape?” Twilight looked up at the pegasus

“Any shape you want.” The filly kept carving the flake but couldn’t quite decide what the shape and it ended up being a mix of a heart and star.

Meanwhile

Luna turned to her husband as Twilight left with the two pegasi, “I hope Twilight will be alright.”

“She will Primrose and Snowdrop won’t let anything bad happen.” Night replied.

Luna nodded she was still worried but Night was insistent on not being so protective. One other question was buzzing around her mind why had the Earl Leo Sky and Countess Gold Clouds, asked for both herself and her sister.

Luna and her husband followed the guard to the Cloudsdale palace. Entering she as greeted by the two leaders greeted the higher royal, “Greetings Princess Luna we apologize for the sudden meeting but we have a crisis.” Leo said

Luna tried to push Twilight into the back of her mind for the moment asking, “What is the crisis you speak of?”

“The Crystal Empire we’ve received word it has fallen under the control of a cruel unicorn named Sombra,” Leo informed the alicorn

Luna froze.

“Wh-What about Amore?” Celestia’s voice suddenly joined in.

Luna and her husband turned around to see the tall white alicorn with her guard a white coated stallion with a bright orange mane wearing the Solar Guard armour.

Gold looked down, “Her family was able to escape but she was lost.”

“Why were we not informed of this?” Luna questioned tuning back to the other royals.

“Apologies Princess but the Princess Amore’s family have just arrived in our fair city and were unable to reach your castle,” Leo told.

The Royal sisters nodded.

Following their respected Princess, Night and Crimson glanced at each other. The latter told, “Are you prepared to fight if necessary Shadow.”

“Yes I am.” the other captain replied.

After reaching a shelter room of sorts the two alicorn’s were saddened to see the group of ponies covered in wounds and having looks of sadness in their eyes one looked up and did her best to greet the two alicorn’s, “Princess Celestia and Luna. Your highnesses I regret to meet you in this state.”

“It is quite alright. Crystal Shine.” Celestia said, “We must not linger on that or the unfortunate fate of Amore.”

“Indeed there are some rather important questions we must ask.” Luna entered the conversation, “For example how this Sombra took over?”

Crystal after moment sighed and answered, “Of course. Sombra was once a normal unicorn but for reasons only he knows his heart fell into darkness and grew hungry for power. He soon made his attack on the place overpowering every guard that tried to fight him off. Amore couldn’t stand to see her subjects endure such harm and confronted him. The two of them fought with all they had but Sombra with the dark magic he’d learned defeated Amore and turned her to stone then.... he shattered the statue.”

Luna and her sister listened to the mare’s every word staying completely silent until the pegasus had finished her story once the alicorn’s had heard the facts knew they saw no way they could save Amore but they could free the Crystal Empire.

“We will find a way to save your people and avenge our fallen friend,” Celestia assured the group.

Luna looked around the room before turning away, “Sister I believe we should make our leave.”

“I agree, Luna,” Celestia responded.

The alicorn’s left the room meeting their captains waiting outside the shelter room.

“You realize this Sombra will likely attempt to end our peaceful rain and bring his own across Equestria,” Celestia said in very serious tone.

Luna nodded after hearing about this threat she could only think of her daughter’s safety if anything happened to them Twilight would be lost as well.

“Luna where is Twilight?” Celestia questioned.

Luna looked up slightly, “Snowdrop and Primrose are watching her while we were called away for this unfortunate meeting.”

“So that’s where she is I’m sure she was very happy with that.” Celestia tried to smile

The two alicorns left the palace while walking through the town Crimson spoke up, “I believe we should be going Your Highness retrieving Princess Twilight as a group of four is unnecessary.”

Celestia turned to the unicorn, “I understand your point but after hearing of this new threat our family must stick together until Sombra has been stopped.”

Crimson staying stoic and although reluctant responded, “Very well.”

Celestia turned her head back forward seeing a small house come into view a short distance away from the group.

Luna picked up her speed as she saw the three ponies walking just outside the dwelling.

As the three ponies stepped out of the house the youngest caught sight of a group of four ponies including two alicorns, a pegasus and unicorn, “Mommy, Daddy!

Primrose turned seeing the youngest princess rushing towards her family. Snowdrop smiled from the filly’s excitement and joy from seeing her family.

Twilight literally jumped into her mother’s chest.

“Oof!” Luna slightly grunted pulling the young filly into a short embrace.

“Mommy why is Auntie Tia here?” Twilight tilted her head as her mother pulled her out of the embrace.

Luna paused very slightly, “Sh-she just wanted to see us.” the alicorn replied.

Primrose stepped forward, “Hello Celestia.”

Crimson cleared his throat agrevated, “Princess Celestia.

Celestia glanced towards the unicorn, “It is quite alright Captain she does not need to address me by title at the moment. We are not in any formal meeting.”

Crimson nodded and accepted the Princess’s statement, “Very well Your Highness.”

Night stepped forward towards the yellow pegasus, “Thank you for taking care of her.”

“It’s was our pleasure.” Primrose smiled

Celestia glanced towards her younger sister and niece before informing to the two pegasi, “I apologize but we must be going certain events have been made known to us and require our intervention.”

“Oh w-we understand.” Snowdrop sighed slightly upset at her friend’s quick departure.

Luna smiled and put a hoof on the filly’s shoulder, “I apologize Snowdrop. I too am saddened at our sudden departure. We’ll continue this another time.”

The pegasus nodded, “I’ll keep carving Snowflakes for this and many winters to come.”

“Good. I’m looking forward to seeing your creations.” Luna responded. “Farewell, for now, my friend.”

“Goodbye.” Snowdrop smiled.

“Bye Snowy! Bye Primy!” Twilight waved at the two pegasi.

Snowdrop just giggled, “Bye Twilight!”

Primrose returned the filly’s wave goodbye.

“Did you enjoy your visit Twilight?” Celestia gave her niece a quick smile nuzzle.

“Yes” Twilight responded smiling. “But why do we have to leave?”

“Your aunt and I have an important..” Luna paused not wanting to tell the filly the truth. “...Meeting to attend.”

Twilight tilted her head before asking, “Where? Can I come?”

Celestia lowering her head, “No Twilight it’s not a meeting for little fillies.”

“O-ok Auntie.” Twilight looked down.

“Don’t worry Twilight. Your father will stay behind.” Luna assured her daughter.

Night smiled picking up his daughter and helped her on to his back. The ponies approached a larger chariot, “I’m guessing you had our chariot sent back to the castle.”

“That’s correct Night,” Celestia responded.

After all the ponies stepped onto the golden transport and the group of pegasi started their return flight to the castle Twilight glanced over to her mother and aunt who were whispering about something with extremely serious expressions. Oblivious to what they were talking about Twilight just looked down seeing the image of her home appear over the horizon.

Author's Note:

Sorry this took over a year I’ll try and post more often

Proofread by: Bronyshot

Comments ( 21 )

a nice little chapter, ill have to re read this awsome of a story though...how dare you make an amazing story <3

cant wait for more!

9554747
What are you gonna do sue me for making it?


Thanks

9554750
if it means you keep making awsome stories then yes :3

more please relase next 50 chapter

Things go down hill from here

9554869
Yes they do

I won’t spoil it but there’s one thing that will happen in the next chapter if not definitely the next that I planned before I even started the first chapter or even came up with the title

9554876
But celestia would have to take a hell of a ego trip to ignore her sisters distress. I am curious to how you go about it

A war is coming... Worth the wait, btw

9554876
When can we expect an update?

10192189

I don’t know haven’t had much inspiration for this story. But I’ll pick it up again

10192197
please continue the story

10382061

I plan to but with lack of ideas and life getting in the way I’ve been having trouble doing so

10382100
Ok I have been waiting So I can keep waiting 🙂

Will the story be completed?

11155723

Eventually life has just been getting in the way as of late

Hello, will you continue this?

Added to list. Enjoyed reading. :twilightsmile:

Login or register to comment