• Published 23rd Jan 2018
  • 6,581 Views, 60 Comments

Luna mother of Twilight Sparkle - Ace Pony Stories



Twilight Sparkle daughter of Princess Luna

  • ...
3
 60
 6,581

Months later

The small purple alicorn let out a small giggle as she flew around the castle using her horn to levitate her three dolls along with anything she could get a hold of guard helmets, plates, plants. Two guards and a servant were trying to get Twilight to put everything down.

“Princess you need to calm down. It’s almost time for your nap!”, one of the guards called

Still running, the servant, a maid specifically, said “She’s a four-month-old foal. She isn’t going to react unless you call her Twi-“

Another guard cut her off “W-we can’t just call a Princess by her first name, foal or not!”

“Argh, guards always got to stick to your precious protocol even when it becomes counterproductive.” the maid said, irritated.

“And you’re too chummy with ponies that you're supposed to be serving!” The guard that cut her off tried to counter.

“Well sorry for me wanting to know my superiors! Besides I’m only ‘chummy’ with the princesses as you put it because Night Shadow and I have known each other since we were kids!”, the maid countered.

“How long is this going to take!”, one of the guards nearly shouted

“I never asked you two for help!”, the maid said.

“But she has our helmets!”, both guards exclaimed

“What’s going on here?”, a male voice called out making the three freeze and turn around to see a familiar face to all of them.

“Lunar Captain Night Shadow! We’re sorry for leaving our post sir but your daughter grabbed our helmets when she flew by!”, the guards said looking at each other then their superior officer.

Night chuckled and sighed as he shook his head, “Yeah she loves doing that. And Ivory, let me guess you’re having a hard time getting Twilight down for her nap?”, he asked turning to his old friend ‘Ivory Polish’

Ivory sighed her ears drooping, “Yes, how do you and Princess Luna ever get her to calm down?”

“We really just do what you normally do with foals, you know cuddling, singing.”, Night answered looking up, realizing his daughter was no longer there. “Well I better go and look for her.”

The three ponies in front of the stallion turned around seeing the little princess was indeed gone, “Oh sh-“ they almost swore.

“That won’t be necessary.” Celestia’s voice called, “She’s right here.” The alicorn said softly moving the forehoof her sleeping niece was in.

After that was done Night took his foal back to his and Luna’s room to put her down for her nap.

The Next Day

Twilight’s eyes fluttered as she slowly opened them. After her eyes were fully open, she let out a squeaky yawn and looked up seeing a mare with a deep dark blue coat. Despite not being able to talk one word entered her mind 'mommy!' Twilight smiled opening her tiny wings to try and fly but before she could take off, Luna took the foal in her forehooves.

"Haha, oh no, you don't, now its time to clean you up. You, Auntie Tia and I are going to Cloudsdale for the Spring Sunrise later. I do wonder what the foals have made to present to us for the centennial symbol. I don’t know why I’m rambling. You don’t even understand do you?” The foal just stared and blinked at her mother making Luna giggle.

After bathing Twilight, Luna prepared herself for the event. After putting her regalia on she turned around and walked over to her daughter and picking her up with a forehoof “There has to be an easier way to get her around!

Luna walked out of her room. She saw Celestia down the hall talking to a stallion with the same white coat as her but had an orange mane. Luna knew the stallion. He was captain of her sister’s guard or the ‘Solar Guard’. His name was Crimson Flash. Unlike her and Night, Celestia and Crimson weren’t all that close. Thier relationship was more, superior and subordinate than anything.

“Hey Tia!” Luna said as she approached the two.

“Oh, Luna so are you ready?” Celestia asked.

“Yes but I have a problem carrying Twilight around whenever we take her events like this.” Luna responded.

Celestia rubbed her chin thinking of an answer for her little sister’s problem, “Well we can ask for something when we get to Cloudsdale and find a more permanent solution after we get back.”

Luna nodded understanding that they didn’t have much time to discuss ideas they had to be in Cloudsdale in two hours not to mention they had to leave immediately so they could get there on time otherwise the Pegasi might think that ‘the princesses aren’t coming they think we’re not worthy of their presence!’ Which was not true both her and Celestia loved all their subjects.

The sisters were led a chariot pulled by two Pegasi after a few minutes they took off. An hour later the two could see what looked like a large cloud both of them knew it was Cloudsdale the distance as they got closer the two could see more and more detail of the cloud city.

“There it is!” Luna said.

The two arrived and were greeted by the Earl and Countess of the city who were escorted by four guards. while the Earl and her sister were talking Luna turned the Countess and asked if they had anything she could use as a make shift carrier for Twilight. The best thing they had on short notice was a basket with a cloud and sheets, Luna thought disappointed accepted the offer. The Countess turned to a guard asking for him to prepare one for the princess the guard complied bowing.

Later

Celestia and Luna levitating the basket Twilight was lying in. Made their way to where the ceremony would be held after some minutes they had reached their destination the two walked up to a large group of ponies the Pegasi all cheered before bowing for them. The crowed made an opening for the royals to walk through once they were on the stage Celestia and Luna both took notice of the foals with their projects.

It was amazing what these foals had made for this event. After half an hour of the foals presenting what they had worked on to help make the seasons shine. Celestia began her speech, “Thank you all very much for coming and to all the fillies and colts for bringing all these wonderful ideas for the seasons now as you know we can only choose one for the centennial symbol but you-.”

“Wait!” A filly’s voice called out

There was a bit of commotion in the crowd the alicorns could just barely see two ponies a mare and filly making their way to the front of the crowd when they were at the front gave the filly a small hug

“She’s here?” A green filly asked

“She didn’t show up to class yesterday.” A white colt said

“I thought Mrs. Windith excused her.” A brown filly exclaimed

“Snowdrop?” The teacher ‘Mrs. Windith’ asked

“Please excuse our interruption your Highnesses but it’s just-“ the mare started

“I’ve been working so hard please I have a gift for the seasons to and-“ Snowdrop tried before being interrupted by a pink filly

“Doubt that.”

“May we see it?” Celestia asked.

Before Snowdrop stepped forward her mother gave her quick hug with a wing to reassure her Snowdrop walked up to Celestia holding her hoof her gift was in it look like snow.

“You brought snow?” a light grey colt asked surprised

“And just one little dot of it!” The pink filly from earlier said

“Maybe she grabbed the wrong thing on her way here?” the white colt beside Snowdrop asked

“Why would you bring snow to the spring sunrise?” a filly asked

“It’s not snow I made a star!” Snowdrop exclaimed

The light grey colt laughed before saying mockingly “A star? You can’t make stars it doesn’t even look like one!”

Snowdrop said “Maybe it doesn't look like one, but it's still a star! A star for winter! I can't see what the stars look like up in the night sky. Just like I can't see what spring or the other seasons look like. But I can hear it all, and I heard the snow twinkling just like the stars do every night! So they should be able to grant wishes too, shouldn't they? Winter's been giving us a gift all this time, and we've just been ignoring it! Celebrating spring is good. But winter can't be all bad if it gives us these. It may be cold and dark, but that doesn't mean there isn't any good to it.” Luna’s eyes widened slightly as she looked up “Maybe... Maybe winter is sad that everypony doesn't like it. So maybe we need to make wishes on the winter snow just like how we wish on the night stars. Maybe then we can have a happy winter instead. We already have a happy spring and summer and fall. Can't we have winter happy too? Because winter... It's important. Even if it seems useless, it can give us wonderful things, so-“ the filly stopped

Luna realizing the filly had stopped asking, “May we see your wishing snow?”

Snowdrop stretched out her hoof again and Luna took the snow with her magic levitating it between Celestia and herself both they smiled Celestia turned to the filly “Could you make us some more?” She asked Snowdrop

The blind filly gasped with delight and nodded “Mm-hmm!”

Luna smiled with tears in her eyes as she stared at the snow. in the corner of her eye, she could also see Snowdrop’s mother crying obviously proud of her daughter.

The sisters offered Snowdrop to come up on stage the filly with a bit of help climbed on to the stage and stood next to Luna and Twilight’s basket and Celestia said what everypony already knew the centennial symbol would be Snowdrop’s ‘wishing snow’.

10 minutes later

Most ponies had left by now only Snowdrop her, mother ‘Primrose’, Luna, Celestia and of course Twilight who was sleeping now. Luna turned to Primrose and asked something that had been on her mind since Snowdrop had shown them her snow. “Primrose was it? From your daughter said in her little speech I take it she has always been blind.”

“Yes she has I don’t why but she was born blind,” Primrose confirmed

Luna nodded in understanding, “It must be hard to raise a blind foal.”

“At times but it’s worth it for my little filly to be happy.” Primrose replied, “What about you how is raising Princess Twilight it's probably easy for you having so many servants helping out.” Primrose said, “D-did I just talk to one of the ROYAL PONY SISTERS like I would one of my friends?!” The Pegasus thought

“Well, actually my husband and I are trying to raise her ourselves only having servants put her down for a nap now and then. And it isn’t always easy in fact just yesterday she was flying around the whole castle grabbing anything she could get hold of luckily Tia got her before she could get anything too dangerous.” Luna explained

Primrose nodded in understanding and the two mothers started sharing stories of their daughters

Snowdrop walked up to the two adults guided by their voices, “Mother, Princess Luna?”

The two turned to the filly, Primrose put a hoof on her daughter’s cheek, “I’m so proud of you Snowdrop.” She said warmly

“You should also be proud of yourself you discovered the blessings winter has been giving us along. The next snowfall will most definitely be celebrated.” Luna explained

“Th-thank you, Princess.” Snowdrop said

“Please just Luna.” The alicorn commented

“Just Luna?” The filly asked.

“Yes.” Luna responded

“Ok Prin- I mean Luna.” Snowdrop corrected herself

The filly and mare began to talk about nothing specifically but the started to feel more and more comfortable with each other.

Celestia let out a soft chuckle “I have a feeling those two will be very close friends.”

“I agree,” Primrose stated

Eventually Primrose and Celestia decided to join the conversation after a bit it was just the adults talking while they were discussing something Snowdrop with her shaper hearing heard a small noise

“Ehh!”

“Huh?” Snowdrop shot her head up she heard the sound again and she realized it was a foal “Princess Twilight? She sounds upset. I need to tell Luna. “ The filly thought, “Um, L-Luna?” Snowdrop tried none of the adults listened so she tried again “Uh, Princess Celestia, Luna, mother?” They didn’t react again. “Maybe I can do something?” The filly wondered

Snowdrop using her heightened hearing to guide her she knew Princess Twilight’s basket was just a bit away so she could get some sleep but close enough for Luna to be able to check on her easily. The filly felt around for the basket after she found the basket from her hoof softly bumping it despite not being able to see, Snowdrop was able to hear the sounds of Twilight moving around on the cloud she was lying on. Snowdrop could tell the poor foal was upset so she tried to calm her down “H-hi I-I know you don’t know me but you don’t have to be afraid.” The filly said before putting a hoof on the basket and softly rocked the basket back and forth.

After few short minutes, the restless foal had calmed down. Luna looked over at the basket to check on her daughter but saw Snowdrop sitting next to the basket, “Snowdrop why are you over here?” Luna approached, “Is something wrong?” She asked.

“Not anymore. While you, Princess Celestia and my mother were talking I heard Princess Twilight she sounded upset so I tried to get your attention but no one heard me. So I thought I’d try to calm her down.” The pegasus explained.

The alicorn stared slowly turning her to her foal who was awake now with a little smile on her face it made the mother also smile she turned back to Snowdrop, “Well thank you for that.” Luna said before turning back to her daughter and picking her up. After being picked up the foal clung to her mother smiling.

​“You’re welcome I hope she’s ok now.” Snowdrop said

“Don’t worry she is,” Luna stated.

Twilight turned her head away from her mother seeing a filly in front of her, “If you want to know Twilight’s staring at you.” Luna informed

“She is?” Snowdrop asked

“Yes, she definitely is I see her looking down a bit. Why don’t you say something to her?” Luna said

“O-ok. Umm Hi Princess Twilight are you feeling any better?” Was all Snowdrop could think of

The foal’s ears twitched a bit though not fully understanding what the filly was saying recognized her voice as the voice of the pony that had rocked her basket just minutes ago the foal smiled she extended her hooves like she was trying to reach for the filly. Luna smiled at her daughter’s excitement, “I think she wants you to hold her.” Luna chuckled, “Do you want to try it?”

“W-we’ll I kind of.” The filly admitted, “I just don’t want to drop her if I do.” She said

“Oh, don’t worry about that we aren’t around anything particularly hard so she should be ok if you do. And I can help you if you’re nervous about holding her.” Luna explained

“Ok.” Snowdrop replied

Luna gave her daughter to Snowdrop helping the filly move her hooves around to the proper positions for holding a foal. One hoof around Twilight’s flank and one behind her head. Twilight giggled and moved closer to the smiling, hearing the foal’s laugh brought a smile to Snowdrop’s face as well.

As the adults watched the two younger ponies all smiled, “It looks like my daughter has taken quite a liking to your own.” Luna turned to Primrose

“Yes, it does. Your Highness.” The pegasus replied

Luna rolled her eyes, “I keep telling you that you can just call me Luna. The Spring Sunrise is over My Sister and I don’t have any more official business here so you don’t need to be so formal with us.”

“I-I b-but y-you’re.” Primrose stuttered before regaining herself, “Ok, I’ll try to do that.”

“Thank you.” The alicorn said

Luna turned back to the two younger ponies Twilight was sitting on the ground now, while Snowdrop was trying to shape some cloud into different shapes Twilight laughed at the shapes. Luna knew Twilight and Snowdrop would become very close over the years.

Later

It was time for the princesses to return to the castle. Snowdrop asked her mother if they could see their new friends off, she said, of course, they could.

“So we’ll see you again after that?” Snowdrop asked

Luna smiled at the filly’s question, “Of course we will and you and your mother are welcome at the castle anytime my friend.”

The pegasus guards took off and looking back the princesses could see Primrose and Snowdrop waving too them.

The alicorns eventually were back to their castle being welcomed back by several castle workers. Night Shadow was one of them once she was him Luna rushed and gave him a hug which the stallion returned.

After embracing, Luna gave Twilight to her father. Which made them both happy.

With what she said to Snowdrop before they left Luna wondered if she and her mother would ever visit. The moon princess knew her husband would like Snowdrop and It would make Twilight happy since the foal had fun playing with the blind filly. With all those thoughts in her mind, Luna looked forward to when she would see her new friend again.

Author's Note:

Snowdrop and Primrose belong to Silly Filly Studios

(If anyone has any ideas how I can write some parts of this chapter for example: the Spring Sunrise segment I’d be happy to hear them.)

Picture from my Deviantart
[Link]