• Published 17th Jul 2017
  • 3,902 Views, 299 Comments

Silent Love - Part One - Sagami



Despite being a mute, Vinyl was pretty confident about her new life in Canterlot High, until she met this mysterious cellist...

Comments ( 21 )

9239071
Haha it's Twilight man, Sunset already was in the story.

9239086
Wait what's your problem with the continuity exactly?

9239242
How did I "lose canon" though? Sunset arrived in human world years before Twilight, and my story takes place 2 weeks before EG1. So Twilight arriving at the end makes sense, it's just the beginning of the first movie: Sunset is already here (i mean, she quickly went back to steal the crown, but we don't see that).... What's non canonical here?

9239660
Oh, okay, I get it.
Well, you know, the story's not about her. ^^"
Sorry for the confusion, I hope you enjoyed the chapter still!

“Girls, this is your vice-principal Luna. I am afraid I need all of you to finish changing as quickly as you can and evacuate the gymnasium. Me and your principal have important business we need to attend here. I’m sorry for the inconvenience.”

Oh boy.

“Alright. Time for Sombra to get fucked.”

Indeed.

“Is this something you just made up again?”

Probably.

“...But now that you’re putting it like that, I must admit this was the conclusion I myself came up with when I learned about this situation.”

He is having fun with this.

“Of course!” Discord agreed with a large smile, “I’m sure everything will soon be sorted out!”

I do not doubt that.

“Why, I’m here to explain what will happen if you refuse, as it is my duty as both a teacher and your colleague.” Discord cheerfully answered, his disconcerting calm troubling both the principals, “The school will have to start a legal procedure against you, to search not only your belongings, but also your house, your car, and also probably put you on a hold for a few months. For the cop part, though, I’ll let our dear principal explain the details of her career if she ever feels the need to.”

The thing I love about Discord is that you can never tell just WHAT his ultimate goal is beyond his own amusement. He's probably crazy, but he KNOWS IT. He works with the craziness.

Celestia did not answer. Instead, she grabbed the bag from Discord’s hands, and started walking towards the top left corner of the room. Here was a small water drain, covered by a metal grill, made to dispose of the dirty water when the gymnasium had to be cleaned every semester. She bent over, took off the grill, and proceeded to dumb the entire bag of blue crystals in the pipes.

The thing with Celestia is, she's kind. She's nice, she's patient, she is textbook Lawful Good. But that said, that means when her wrath IS roused, it is NOT pleasant.

“Mr. Sombra… You have endangered not only the integrity of our system, but the safety of our students. For that, I will never, ever, regard you as a human being anymore. You have lost your right to speak on those grounds, except maybe thanking us for not sending you directly to prison. Of course, I guarantee full discretion on what happened here, so that the school’s image is not damaged by your exactions…”

... Damn.

“...The sewage water should dissolve the crystals.” Discord commented, trying to break the now dead silence. “I’ll take the pouch and throw it somewhere the students can’t access.”

Even Discord is afraid.

“I certainly would not suggest that.” Discord responded with amusement, “You already barely escaped from prison, homicide isn’t going to improve that. You don’t put out fire with gasoline.”

That does not imply good things. How the hell did a recently escaped/freed convict become a teacher? Then again, Sunset got into CHS...

Shut up, you’re going to make me cry. And I’m waiting on the maths test to do that job.

Oh boy have I been there. I like and hate math because on one hand, it is pure logic. You're either right, or wrong. The numbers are all there. On the other hand, I don't have a math brain.

Vinyl looked at her friends, and smiled. She put the purple sunglasses on, and looked at the morning sun.

Ah, the famous purple shades.

Suddenly, the stone pillar under the statue glew. Brighter. And brighter. And had came out of the light, then a shoulder, then a torso.

A girl fell on the ground.

In a strange new world.

And thus, we have caught up to the beginning of EQG when Twilight arrives in the human world.

Gros bisous, je vous aime tous, vous êtes des trésors,

Bah, flatteur, va. Mais, je suis sérieux pour une fois quand je dis que cette histoire est unique. C'est pas la premiere histoire EQG que j'ai lu (LOINS de cela) mais je dois admettre, ton style est vraiment unique. J'adore.

9240365
Dude, I love each and every one of your comments, because it both makes me laugh and realize I managed to convey the right emotions.

One little thing: by "escaped from prison", Discord meant the drug thing that just happened. I just changed it so it's clearer ^^"

Ooooohhhh and the compliments at the end! My big ego can't take it! Thank you my dude, for the support and positivity. I'm glad you love my story so much and find it unique. Really melts my cold dead heart.
I hope you'll love my upcoming work as well! Here, little teaser for you: it's set after Legends Of Everfree.

Bises ma puce,

Saga.

9240372

This IS going to be fun then.

Not bad! It gets confusing during the conversations, though. It's better to put markers to indicate who's speaking so it's easier to follow along, but it looked like a great way to end a part one! Takes quite a bit to make our dear Celly lose her cool like that, so props for keepin' it under wraps. Discord, you mischievous fuck. Damn do I love him.

9240552
Oh hello there Maka! Thanks for the feedback!
Concerning the dialogues, it's the first time I'm getting this kind of complaint. I suppose you're not quite used to my writing style,even though it's often quite easy to make the difference thanks to each character's way with words. I guess Celestia and Luna are quite similar, so that was not the best situation for you 😅 But I'm sure you guessed Sombra's lines for example.
I'm glad you like Celestia's character, as well as Discord! I try to make him a different kind of mischievous, since he doesn't have his powers here.

Kisses,

Saga.

Why did it change to part one? I thought this was the whole story?

I'm sure there was good reason for the decision to do such, but I'm curious about something. If Celestia and Luna were more interested in protecting the integrity of the school rather than having Sombra arrested on suspicious of being a drug dealer, and were going to give him the option to leave anyway, why was it necessary for Discord to go to Tempest for actual drugs? Couldn't he have gone with something a little more mundane, like rock salt that'd been dyed with food coloring, to produce something that looks like Storm King-grade drugs, but wouldn't carry any serious consequences if the plan backfired on them somehow?

9240846
Haha I explained that in details in the author's note man ^^"

9240880
Hello my dude!

Yeah, I get your point. But in all honesty, I don't really feel dumb about writing it this way... Your comment made me realize, well, reminded me of really, one thing. Discord is mischievous, and when he wants something, he'll do everything to get it. And he plays big, he doesn't do it half way. That's part of the fun for him, because he's having fun.
Also he wasn't sure whether or not Celestia would actually verify if it was drugs or not. Also also, his link with tempest plays a part in the story 😉😉

I hope that is explanatory enough ^^"
Also hope you've enjoyed the chapter!

Saga.

Ooooh, where do I begin?

I think your conclusion is amazing. I feel like repeating myself but that's clearly your best chapter. And that's especially because we've had a lot of Discord here and that was clearly delightful to read. I love how sarcastic and theatrical he gets, having all the fun he wants. That sums it up well:

“Principal! Vice-principal! And you… What can I do for you?!” Sombra greeted with the fakest smile the world had ever seen in two thousand years of politics.

Everyone is like "oh no, this jerk again" upon seeing him, but they can't get rid of him because he is always useful in a way! He is like fully living his crazy ideas and I like the way you portray a physics teacher acting so childish sometimes

“I do want to keep my chocolate cake recipe to myself, yes.” “Don’t play dumb with me you old shit! You know what I’m talking about!” “You mean what’s over there?”

About the other characters, it was also nice to see more of Luna and Celestia (who is, let's face is THE BOSS). And I'm also happy that you didn't write the explanations between Vinyl, Lyra and Discord, it would have been a little redundant. Instead, I really enjoy how you bring Vinyl's iconic glasses into the story. It was cute and well-written. Of course, I'm looking forward to reading your next story, with some X Ambassador music in the background ;)

Squalala.

9242168
Hello once again!

Oh my, my fifth best chapter? That's a lot of best chapters! It is true that it is even more chapterer than the chapteriest chapter I've chaptered so far.
Anyway, I'm especially glad you enjoyed Discord. I was a bit uncertain concerning people's reaction about a more serious and mischievious Discord rather than the wisecracking goof we have in the show ^^ Concerning the citation you made, it's more of a personnal Grudge coming from Sombra, as you can guess in the end of the chapter.
Happy you liked Luna and Celestia, two charecters you knew almost nothing about!
Concerning the explanations between Discord and the girls, I just... thought about writing them later, but if you really feel like it'd be useless and redundant, please do tell.

As always, thank you so much,

Saga.

9459066
You know it!

I loved this story, one of the better stories I've read lately! Not the Octavia x Vinyl I expected, but that made it better I think, keep on keepin' on

9935638
Dayum, thank you my man, love you even more!
You'll be happy to know there's a PART 2 available on my page (currently writing chapter 3)!
Bisous,

Saga.

Damn! This has been a great story so far!
The one and only aspect I could possibly comment on is Octavia's situation with her parents. Keep in mind that this is given under the assumption that the "Human Equestria" is still some alternate universe take on the United States.

In the US, we have a government organization called Child Protection Services. Provided Octavia is at most 17 years old, CPS can step in to investigate her wellbeing if they have evidence and cause enough to suspect her parents of mistreating her.
If she's at least 18, that would fall to the police; again, if they had enough evidence to warrant such an investigation. Though I'm sure Octavia's parents have the means to bribe government agents and get away with it.

9961652
Eeeeeeyyyy thanks for the kind words man!

I thought it was pretty obvious, but Octavia doesn't want to get in trouble and would never call anyone about this, for several reasons :
-They're not abusing her, they're just very very strict assholes like there are thousands everywhere.
-She doesn't want to get in trouble.
-Despite all of this, she still respects her parents.
-You'll learn more about her family in later installments!

Bisous,

Saga.

Login or register to comment