• Published 2nd Jul 2017
  • 6,694 Views, 311 Comments

Got a Light? - Papa Oats



I'm just a janitor. The only Human janitor in Equestria, but still just a janitor. I quite like my job if I'm honest, sure it gets a bit hectic, but the pays good.

Comments ( 18 )

Well, nothing to do but wait. 4000 ticks is long time to wait though.

8663162
Just made my day

I was looking for a slice of life calm story and got it until the last few chapters went 180 and it turned into a drama semi dark fic. Wish you would ad drama and remove comedy or splice it with dark/comedy so that other would not be as disappointed as I was with the ending.

8663476
I mean I did make it up, thats how writing fanfiction works.
Also if I was to end this story. There would be no more Clean.


8663453
And the next story "Spare a Dart?" Is going back to slice of life comedy.

Seems like kind of an abruptly dark turn for this story to end on.

*Sees sequel* :pinkiehappy:
*Sees "sentence is up" in description* :applejackconfused:

Wait, what the fuck happened?

*Starts finishing reading the prequel profusely.* :twilightangry2:

8664450

8663476

8663453

8659800

8659388

8659267

I noticed a lot of people weren't happy with how this story ends, as well as how the next one starts, so I decided to appease both sides,
Clean 'N Smoky

I think all of you will enjoy this a bit more. Thanks for your continued reading, and I hope you all enjoy this rehashing.

Might I recommend adding adding a final, final chapter anouncing the sequel? It's one of the best ways to tell readers, especially if they miss the story in the featured box.

8666073
I did, its in the epilogue

The biggest problem with the ending is how Celestia acted. I mean, the whole problem was woth what Clean did, which was CAUSED by Derpy getting hurt. So she lets in his daughters who basically disown him over it, and then she does the same. Jesus, it's like throwing gasoline on a gease fire. "I know you're angry and feeling like absolute crap for not preventing your grandfaughter from getting injured, and you feel just as guilty for letting your rage make you do something terrible, but fuck sympathy! You're a monster now and I'm going to rub it into your nose so you'll know your place!" THAT'S the takeaway, and it destroys any empathy for Celestia that you've built up in previous chapters. And it came out of left-field.

It's one thing to punish Clean for his crime -- and make no mistake, what he did was wrong, no matter how much I agree with the sentiment -- but to heap on anger and hatred like that is insanely vindictive. It's no wonder people don't like it.

8706982
What? All I wanted to know is how do find out how many favs a story has.

9542261
Magic. Ain't gotta explain shit.

9983951

Ah. I think you should have mentioned it then. That there was no coldness, but grim acceptance. The way it read was that Celestia abandoned him. And yeah, it doesn't quite solve the Drearie situation. Though it would help and solve the problem with Celestia and him getting back together. Though then it would have to be written as such. A reunion of sorts. That way it actually can work out I believe.

Then again, thinking on it, people probably can make the case that a public outrage is unlikely. Clean is not a newcomer. He has lived longer there than pretty much everyone else, with the exception of Celestia. There was even shown that he had some friendships built, implying he is out and about. So all the adults there have seen him wandering around the town since they were kids, meaning they wouldn't feel fear towards him.

...So yeah. A bit of a difficult situation to solve. Also, I did read ther alternate universe. Personally I do quite like it as it does solve that problem and also starts a whole new problem for the story. A nightmare that is gnawing at him harshly. Also it is nice to see him and Drearie interact like father and daughter. :pinkiesmile:

Login or register to comment