• Published 6th Nov 2016
  • 2,930 Views, 134 Comments

Family of two - Flat spin



After a huge airshow in Cloudsdale Soarin meets a young fan of his and decided to get to know her better. This leads him to discover that her family is much like his... cold... mean... and heartless

  • ...
11
 134
 2,930

Chapter 29 Acceptance and understanding

MLP: FiM
Family of two
By: flat spin


Soarin and Rainbow Dash were walking through the endless corridors of Twilight’s castle. Soarin was looking around the castle as Rainbow Dash led them through the castle. As they were walking Soarin could have sworn to have seen a blue alicorn in the corner of his eyes but he simply dismissed it as a creation of his imagination… or maybe Princess Luna was visiting Twilight?

As Soarin and Rainbow Dash entered the room which housed the large round table they noticed that Princess Twilight and the rest of her friends were already seated and waiting for them. Both Soarin and Rainbow Dash bowed down as they entered.

“Rainbow Dash, Soarin, Why have you come to seek me?” Princess Twilight asked as her friends glared at the couple.

“Your highness.” Rainbow Dash started. “I have come to tell you that Soarin and I have moved to live together.” Rainbow Dash addressed the princess.

“Ain’t that a bit too fast… you too have only dated for a couple of moths.” Applejack said in a hostile tone.

“I agree.” Rarity said bluntly. “And besides most of what you two have called dating I would call friendship with benefits.” Rarity continued in her mean spirited voice.

“Yes but I do really think Soarin is the one for me.” Rainbow Dash said and leaned into Soarin. “And the circumstances are pushing us that way too.” Rainbow Dash said as Soarin draped a wing over her back.

“What do you mean Rainbow Dash?” Princess Twilight asked.

“I’m pregnant your highness.” Rainbow Dash said which caused all of the ponies who were siting on the table to stare angrily at her.

“You two are not even married!” Pinkie Pie yelled angrily at them. “The council will not accept this illegitimate foal!” She said and crossed her arms.

“w-what?” Soarin muttered.

“Silence!” Princess Twilight yelled at him. “I cannot accept this… I cannot accept your foal nor you living partnership.” She said in a stern voice.

“But we were going to get married after the birth of our foals.” Soarin said.

“I cannot give my blessing for your marriage.” Princess Twilight said in a bluntly.

“Please help us.” Soarin begged as Rainbow Dash was slowly starting to break down to tears. “There something you should also know about the foal.” Soarin said.

“And that is?” Princess Twilight asked.

“They… They are changelings.” Soarin said in fear as Princess Twilight’s gaze turned from dismissive to pure hatred.

“You mean you are a changeling.” She asked.

“Yes… and so are our foal.” Soarin said as all the ponies siting around the table looked like they were ready to kill him.

“Rainbow Dash you know my zero tolerance policy on changelings.” Princess Twilight said.

“Please no! don’t.” Rainbow Dash said as she started to cry.

“Soarin you are a vicious beast and for that you must die.” Princess Twilight said sternly. “Rainbow Dash you have entered a relationship with a changeling and for that the punishment is life in prison.”

“No!” Soarin said and stared at Princess Twilight.

“And for your foals. They will be killed since they are changelings!” Princess Twilight said as an evil grin appeared on her and her friends faces. “But I think we need to eliminate the immediate thread first.” She said and looked at Soarin as her horn started to glow…


“AAHHHH!” Soarin screamed as he found himself in his bed sweating heavily.

“Soarin are you okay?” Rainbow Dash asked him as she got awoken from her sleep.

“Yeah… just a nightmare.” Soarin said as he whipped away the sweat from his face.

“You wanna talk about it?” Rainbow Dash asked him with concern.

“Nah… lets just go back to sleep… we have to be ready for the meeting with Princess Twilight.” Soarin said.

“Okay… goodnight.” Rainbow Dash said and snuggled close to him.


Next morning Soarin and Rainbow Dash were walking through the endless corridors of Twilight’s castle. Soarin was looking around the castle as Rainbow Dash led them through the castle. As they were walking Soarin could have sworn to have seen a small dragon in the corner of his eyes but he simply dismissed it as a creation of his imagination…

As they entered the large room which housed the round table Soarin was more nervous than ever before in his life. His nightmare was still fresh in his head… what would he do if Princess Twilight said no?

“Rainbow Dash, Soarin, It is good to see you.” Twilight said as they entered the room. Twilight and her friends were sitting around the table eyeing the young couple.

Soarin bowed down to greet the princess.

“Soarin…” Rainbow Dash asked as Soarin was bowing to the Princess. “What the hell are you doing?” She asked.

“I’m supposed to bow down in when greeting a princess…” Soarin said as he noticed that all of the other ponies in the room were looking at him while holding their laughter.

“It’s fine Soarin.” Twilight said. “You can drop the manners.” She said and smiled.

“Oh.. I see.” Soarin said awkwardly.

“Anyways…” Rainbow Dash started. “I kinda have news for you guys.” She said and rubbed the back of her head.

“Well what is it?” Rarity asked.

“Me and Soarin have decided to move together.” Rainbow Dash said.

“Oh that’s great sugar cube. How bout Scoots she livin with ya.” Applejack asked.

“Yes…” Rainbow Dash said and looked at Soarin. He knew what she was about to say next. Soarin quickly draped a wing over Rainbow Dash back. “We are also soon getting married…” Rainbow Dash admitted.

“Oh that’s fantastic Rainbow Dash.” Rarity said. “How did he propose?” She asked.

“Well he hasn’t yet… due to the situation we are in.” Rainbow Dash said. “You see… I’m pregnant.” Rainbow Dash said which caused the other mares scream in happiness.

“Oh this is so great Dashie!” Pinkie Pie said.

“But that’s not all…” Rainbow Dash said. “I’m giving birth to Changeling.” She said.

“…”

Silence fell upon them.

“So… Soarin… is… a changeling?” Twilight asked.

“Yes. I’am.” Soarin said and changed into his changeling form which caused Fluttershy to dive under the table in fear.

“You two know this is not okay.” Twilight said in a serious but calm tone.

“I know…” Rainbow Dash said. “But Twilight please I love him. He is not a monster he is the most loving stallion I have ever met.” Rainbow Dash said with tears in her eyes.

“Well… it’s your decision to make… it’s not your job to judge you to.” Twilight said and smiled.

“Thank you.” Rainbow Dash said and wiped off tears from her eyes. “But there is another thing you should know…”

Author's Note:

Luna was in Soarin nightmare again... maybe we will she her more later.

Anyways i have mapped out the rest of the story and it seems like we are over the half way point... maybe? This is gonna be a long story at this rate.

I'm also at the moment writing a story which has nothing to do with this one... it should be out in a few weeks if i get it done.

Next chapter is half way done and until then have a nice day:twilightsmile:

Comments ( 11 )

Twilight would Never be like this as she was in his Dream. I Think Luna want to help soarin but doesn't know how

8272621
Tomorrow?
I've got three chapters already written but i haven't had the motivation to edit them...sorry

Please update. I LOVE this story! The wait is killing me!

Update! I wanna see what happens next! Pweeeaaaasseee??????:rainbowkiss:

8274771
Hello excuse me, where is the next chapter?, we had been waiting so long.

Please continue!! I can't wait for more!! If you need ideas I'd be happy to try help think of some if your interested. PLEASE UPDATE SOON!!

It's 2019 and I hope the continuation of this story :(

Please update. Can't wait for more chapters. Its really interesting book. 😁

an interesting end to this story

Login or register to comment