• Published 6th Nov 2016
  • 2,929 Views, 134 Comments

Family of two - Flat spin



After a huge airshow in Cloudsdale Soarin meets a young fan of his and decided to get to know her better. This leads him to discover that her family is much like his... cold... mean... and heartless

  • ...
11
 134
 2,929

Chapter 11 New start

MLP: FiM
Family of two
By: flat spin


”So… are you gonna tell me who is this?” Soarin asked Scootaloo who was still hugging his leg tightly.

“Umm… right. This is Rumble my friend and this is Soarin.” Scootaloo said and smiled at both of them.

“Your dad is a wonderbolt?” Rumble said while looking at Soarin who he admired. “And I thought you couldn’t be any cooler”

“Actually he isn’t my dad… he just takes care of me.” Scootaloo said and looked up to Soarin who was smiling at him.

“Okay you are officially the coolest pony in the world.” Rumble said and smiled.

Soarin was amused by Rumble’s reaction but he needed to talk to Scootaloo alone right now. “Scoots could you come with me for a moment.”

“Yeah Sure… See you in a bit Rumble.”

“Okay.” Rumble said and left them alone.

“Scootaloo…” Soarin said and picked up the little filly. “The social services couldn’t find your mom and your dad… was like we left him.”

“So?” Scootaloo asked wondering where this was going.

“I’m gonna be able to take you with me… hopefully today.” Soarin said and smiled widely. He saw how Scootaloo’s eyes became huge and full of happiness.

“Oh my gosh!” Scootaloo yelled in happiness and hugged Soarin. This was going to be a new start for her… And she finally had somepony to be call her family. “Thank you so much d… Soarin.” Scootaloo said while tears of joy were starting to come out.

Soarin noticed her accidental usage of the d word… She clearly wasn’t yet ready to call him dad but hopefully soon… hopefully soon he could say that he had a wonderful daughter.

Their moment of happiness lasted for several minutes until Soarin said. “I think we should go downstairs and take care of the paperwork.” And with that said the two of them made their way to the office were the old mare was waiting for them.

“I already got the forms ready for you too.” She said and passed them a piece of paper… An adoption form. Both Scootaloo and Soarin quickly wrote their names down and gave it back to the old mare.

“Now I must tell you that since we weren’t able to find her mother she can try to get her back if she wants to but the courts don’t usually give foals back to their parents if the family was deemed unfit to take care of a foal.” The mare said to Soarin with a serious tone. He wasn’t going to ever let Scootaloo go back to her family... because he was now her family.

“Are you leaving Scoots?” They heard Rumble’s voice coming from the door way.

“Y-yeah… I’m sorry Rumble.” Scootaloo Said and walked up to him. Soarin decided to Stay back and let the two friends have their moment.

“It’s okay… after all we all want to get a family… and it seems you got the best dad in the world now.” Rumble said and chuckled a bit.

“Oh I’m sure you are gonna find a great family too Rumble.” Scootaloo said to her friend.

“Yeah… are you gonna come and visit here some day?” Rumble asked. He wanted so badly to see her again someday. After all she was the most awesome pony he had ever met.

“Maybe but I’ll be sure to write to you.” Scootaloo said and smiled. She too wished to see the friendly colt again someday. “But I think I should go now…” She said and leaned in towards the colt… Rumble soon realized what she was going to do…

Soarin simply looked as Scootaloo gave rumble a light kiss on the cheek which made both of them blush… “Well then I think we should go Scootaloo.” Soarin said as the two had ended their moment.

“Yeah let’s go!” Scootaloo said and jumped on to Soarin’s back for the flight back to Canterlot. They walked out of the orphanage and Soarin was about to take flight but Scootaloo stopped him by saying. “Look!” She said and pointed at the skies… snow… beautiful white snow falling from the sky.

“I guess Celestia and her students were fast this year.” Soarin said and looked at the sky.

“They are so beautiful.” Scootaloo said and looked at the snowflakes.

“Each one of them are different but still beautiful in their own way…” Soarin said and looked at Scootaloo. “Just like ponies.” And then he took flight to the sky. The air wasn’t warm anymore it was cool like the winds of the crystal empire. Soarin always loved winter and the cool air it reminded him of the western highlands were he used to practice flying. To Scootaloo winter had no importance. She hadn’t spent hearts warming with family or gotten gifts… But Soarin wanted her to have the best hearts warming… Maybe even Rainbow Dash could come and Spent some time with them… He knew he had to figure out something for Scootaloo. He still had time before hearts warming so he didn’t stress about it but he still wanted to be the best father to Scootaloo…

Two of them landed on the front door of Soarin house and Scootaloo waited for him to open the door.

“Scootaloo I think we need to talk about something.” Soarin said as two of them entered the house.

“If it’s about Rumble he isn’t m…” Scootaloo was saying but Soarin cut her off.

“No I didn’t mean him. I wanted to talk about school.”

“Oh… My old family didn’t have money for school.”

“Okay Don’t worry I’ll get you to the Canterlot academy. It’s the best School in Canterlot and yours truly also went thre when he was a foal.” Soarin said proudly.

“Okay… When do I start school?”

“In a few days… I need to do some paper work to get you into the school but don’t worry I’m sure you will do great in there.” Soarin said and hugged her. “But I think we should go and get the quest room to fit your needs better.”

“You are giving me my own room.” Scootaloo said in excitement. “Thank you so much.”

“It’s nothing Scoots…” Soarin said and smiled.

Author's Note:

I'm so sorry i didn't write this on the weekend. I was at the finnish national opera with my mom. Anyways today 6th of december is the finnish independence day and today i'm celebrating 99 years of finnish independence.

The next chapter might be ready on thursday and i will then talk more about christmas things:raritywink:

Anyways until thursday have a nice day and happy finish independence day:twilightsmile: