• Published 6th Nov 2016
  • 2,930 Views, 134 Comments

Family of two - Flat spin



After a huge airshow in Cloudsdale Soarin meets a young fan of his and decided to get to know her better. This leads him to discover that her family is much like his... cold... mean... and heartless

  • ...
11
 134
 2,930

Chapter 19 Acts of love

MLP: FiM
Family of two
By: flat spin


Scootaloo ran as fast as she could downstairs. She was scared… The only pony in the world who had ever cared about her turned out to be a changeling. She could her Soarin yelling something to her as she ran but she didn’t care. She ran up to the front door and tried to open it. Locked. She started to cry as she heard Soarin’s hoofsteps come closer. This was it. He was going to steal her love.

“Scootaloo.” Soarin said as he walked next to the scared filly who was crying. “Please don’t be afraid. I love you and I would never hurt you.” Soarin pleaded and Scootaloo turned to looked at him. He was in his pony form but Scootaloo knew better.

“You are a changeling.” Scootaloo said as tears ran down her face. “I thought you loved me… I loved you… I thought you were my dad.” Scootaloo cried out.

Soarin saw her tears and changed into his true form. He looked Scootaloo and saw his refection in her teary eyes. “Scootaloo… This is who I am. I’m a changeling but that doesn’t change how I feel about you… I love you and you are the only thing that matters to me.” Soarin said as his changeling eyes started to get watery. “Does it change how you feel about me?”

“I…” Scootaloo didn’t know how to answer. She knew Soarin loved her but at the same time it felt like she never knew the real Soarin… the changeling Soarin. “I don’t know.”

“Scootaloo… I’m sorry. I should have told you… but I was too scared. I couldn’t risk losing you.” Soarin said to her.

“Does other ponies know who you truly are.” Scootaloo asked.

“Spitfire knows… and my… parents.” Soarin said. Scootaloo could hear the pain as he said it.

“Were your parents too changelings?” She asked.

“No… they were unicorns… neither of them knew how and why I was a changeling.” Scootaloo could see him slowly tear up as he opened up about his parents. “That’s why they never treated me as their son. Neither of them saw me as their son… to them I was just a pest.” Soarin said.

“What about your horn? Why is it broken?” Scootaloo asked. She was slowly becoming relaxed as Soarin shared details about himself.

“My dad… he broke it when I was young… he used to beat me up daily. And because the horn is broken I can only change between my changeling form and my pony form” Soarin transformed in to his pony form which Scootaloo felt much more relaxed around.

“Do you really love me?” Scootaloo said as Soarin changed back to his true form. She could still she the same glimmer in his eyes…

“Yes. Scootaloo. To me you are a daughter. To me you are my true family.” Soarin said and all the sudden Scootaloo hugged his hole filled legs.

“Then you are my dad. Then you are my family which I love.” Scootaloo said as the changeling hugged her back and at that moment they were surrounded by pink light which went in through Soarin’s chest into his heart.

“Did you just steal my love?” Scootaloo asked.

“No… I don’t steal love from others.” Soarin said. “You gave me love.” Soarin said and smiled warmly.

“If I were a changeling too would you give your love to me?” Scootaloo asked him even though she wasn’t a changeling.

“I’d give you all the love I could even if it would kill me.” Soarin said and Scootaloo could only smile back at him.

“How were you able to stay hidden from other ponies?” She asked.

“Well I told Spitfire that I was a changeling when we were young and she has helped me a lot. You remember when I told you that she was like a sister to me… well I meant it. She has given me love for the last 25 years. So I owe her everything.” Soarin said as tears escaped his eyes.

“Remember two months ago during Hearts warming I told you that I love you.”

“Yeah I remember.” Scootaloo answered to him.

“I meant it.” Soarin said as Scootaloo hugged him. Scootaloo knew Soarin had a good heart and the fact that he was a changeling wasn’t going to change that or the fact that he was her father. He was the pony who she could always trust.

“Dad… please don’t let this change things between us.” Scootaloo said. She didn’t want things to change now even though she knew he was a changeling.

“This doesn’t change a thing between us. I love you whatever happens.” Soarin said to her.

“Good…” Scootaloo said and looked at the clock on the wall. It was almost morning and she hadn’t slept at all. “I’m really tired…” Scootaloo said while yawning heavily.

“It’s okay come on let’s get you to bed.” Soarin said and carried the young flightless pegasai to her room and put her back in to her bed. Soarin could see that Scootaloo had already went to sleep as he was looking at her. “Good night Scootaloo.” Soarin said and gave her forehead a light kiss and left the room.


The next morning Scootaloo woke up to the smell of pie. She quickly rushed down stairs where she saw Soarin making some breakfast.

“Morning dad!” Scootaloo said as she walked in to the kitchen.

“Morning Scootaloo. Did you sleep well?” Soarin asked but before Scootaloo could answer the door bell rang.

“Don’t worry dad I got it!” Scootaloo yelled and ran to the front door. She opened it and saw Rainbow Dash. She looked a bit sick. “Oh hi Rainbow Dash What are you doing here?” Scootaloo asked her.

“I need to talk to Soarin could you get him.” Rainbow Dash asked Scootaloo.

“DAD! RAINBOW DASH WANTS TO TALK TO YOU!” She yelled loudly to the direction of the kitchen.

“Coming!” Soarin said and sprinted to the front door. “Your breakfast is ready Scootaloo go eat it while we talk.” Soarin said and Scootaloo walked back to the kitchen leaving the two adults alone. “So what do you want to talk about?” Soarin asked Rainbow Dash.

“BBBLLLLLAAAAARRRRGGGGHHH!”
Soarin watched in horror as Rainbow Dash vomited everything she had in her stomach to Soarin’s porch. “What the hell Dash?” Soarin said in a worried but annoyed tone.

“Sorry… morning sickness.” Rainbow Dash said as she spat out the last bits of vomit from her mouth.

“Morning sickness? you mean?” Soarin asked.

“I’m pregnant.” She said in a serious tone.

“Oh my god I’m gonna get another foal! This is the greatest day of my life!

Oh my god Dash doesn’t know I’m a changeling!

OH MY GOD SHE DOESN’T KNOW THAT SHE IS PREGNAT WITH A CHANGELING FOAL!” Soarin yelled in his mind.

“Could we talk inside.” he said while giving an awkward smile.

Author's Note:

Well... Rainbow Dash... my god.

next chapter should be out next weekend until then have a nice day