• Published 6th Nov 2016
  • 2,929 Views, 134 Comments

Family of two - Flat spin



After a huge airshow in Cloudsdale Soarin meets a young fan of his and decided to get to know her better. This leads him to discover that her family is much like his... cold... mean... and heartless

  • ...
11
 134
 2,929

Chapter 25 Glass colt

MLP: FiM
Family of two
By: flat spin


Soarin was sitting in the living room. Rainbow Dash and Scootaloo had already went to bed but Soarin couldn’t sleep. He just kept thinking about the things Eridim told him. Soarin looked at the think dossier that was laying on the coffee table in front of him. Soarin grabbed the dossier and opened it.

“A quick read won’t hurt anyone…” Soarin said and started to read the papers.


Project glass colt

21 of Frostfall/996 ADW (after the 1st discordian war)

Queen Chrysalis has ordered us to start study the possibilities of changelings mating with ponies. She fears that her magic will not be needed to hatch a hybrid egg of a pony-changeling couple.

We will send one of our best infiltrators to find a pony couple which could be infiltrated and could take care of the foal once it has hatched…



5 of Sun’s dusk/996 ADW

We have found a pony couple and one of our infiltrators has already started an affair with the male pony. The operation is going as planned and on time…



9 of Sun’s dawn/998 ADW

Our infiltrator has given birth to a changeling egg. She has not yet informed the father. The egg has not yet hatched. It seems like it is not possible for the egg to hatch without the queen’s magic…



1 of First seed/998 ADW

The egg did not hatch without the queen’s magic. We had to bring the egg to the hive and let it hatch here. The project glass colt has been a failure. But our queen has given our us a new project to work on. The project Sapphire colt has been started. The projects goal is to see if the pony-changeling hybrid will be able to live in the pony society without being noticed. We will give it back to his father and keep an eye on him if he starts sees himself as a pony or as a changeling…



15 of Evening star/1002 ADW


The pony-changeling hybrid is now 4 years old. His parents have started to call him Soarin. Our spies tell us that he is rather lonely and doesn’t use his changeling form often. Also due to us his family is quite broken. The relationship between his parents seems to be only because of financial reasons.

Soarin or subject 315 as we call him seems to be quite lonely. He has made a friend who seems to be quite close to him. We did suspect that they might have romantic feelings for each other but it seems that subject 315 and the filly named Spitfire are more like siblings. He also has told her that he is a changeling. We thought that she might be scared of him after learning this from him but instead they are now closer that before since she has volunteered to feed him with her love so he doesn't have to steal it from others…



23 of Mid year/1003 ADW

Subject 315 seems to see himself as some sort of mix between a pony and a changeling. His relationship between the filly named Spitfire has grown extremely close but at home he is treated very poorly. Our spies also told us that his father has started to violently beat him. There is a change he might not survive in the house for long…



5 of Last seed/1003 ADW

Subject 315 lost his horn. His father snapped it right off. The subject has started to harm himself and seems to be depressed. His friend Spitfire seems to be trying to help him but he seems to think he is all alone. Also queen Chrysalis has cancelled project sapphire colt. She told us that we have no need for a changeling who doesn’t think himself as one and has no horn. We have decided to leave subject 315 with his family.

Name: Soarin

Pony form: Pegasus

Age:5 years


Soarin couldn’t believe what he was reading. He wiped off the tears from his eyes and turned to the next page.


27 of Heartfire/1015 ADW

Project sapphire colt was cancelled 12 years ago. But all the sudden subject 315 has decided to not only join the wonderbolts but he also has been in contact with the rebellion. Our spies have seen him meet with the leader of the rebellion Eridim. This is very dangerous since he might have realized our plans. We have been authorized to neutralize him.

Also subject 315's sister project "project ruby filly" has been put on hold. subject 316 has failed to notice her changeling abilities and we consider project a failure because of her disability. It seems that pony-changeling hybrids cannot live in pony society due to their low self esteem and failure to live as changelings.



12 of Frostfall/1015 ADW

Subject 315 and Eridim managed to infiltrate the hive. The came here to with lady Aevna. The came here to get her son… she was killed in the raid by Captain Cydrir. Eridim, Subject 315 and the foal managed to escape. Captain Cydrir seems to be taking his wife’s death quite hard…


Soarin quickly closed the dossier and wiped off the tears from his eyes. He couldn’t believe it. The changelings knew so much about his life… Soarin looked at the clock and saw it was already 2 am. He quickly threw the dossier to the coffee table and walked out of the living room and up the stairs.

He looked into Scootaloo’s room. She was sleeping in her bed quietly. Soarin could see her chest slowly rise up as she breathed in. “Good night Scootaloo.” Soarin whispered as he closed the door. Next he walked to his room. As he walked to the bed he saw that Rainbow Dash had already fallen asleep. Soarin laid down next to her and gave her a quick good night’s kiss on her fore head which made her squeal lightly. As Soarin laid down and closed his eyes he felt Rainbow Dash trying to snuggle close to his chest. He simply wrapped his large wings around her body and pressed her close to his warm chest which made her purr in her sleep.

“Good night Dashie.” Soarin whispered and kissed her fore head again as he smiled widely knowing she was sleeping comfortably in his embrace. “I love you.”

“I love you too Soarin.” Rainbow Dash whispered to him as she snuggled even closer to his warm chest.

Two of them simply smiled and closed their eyes knowing that the first thing they would see in the morning would be each other.

Author's Note:

a bit late again:twilightblush:... sorry

but first lets talk about how years and months work in my Equestria...
12 months in order from jan to de.

Morning Star
Sun's Dawn
First Seed
Rain's Hand
Second Seed
Mid Year
Sun's Height
Last Seed
Hearthfire
Frost Fall
Sun's Dusk
Evening Star

and years are counted from the first discordian war. so here are some events on the time line...

0 ADW Discord was defeated by the royal sisters

19 ADW Nightmare moon was defeated by Celestia

998 ADW Soarin was hatched

1000 mane six was born

1015 Soarin and Spitfire joined the wonderbolts at the age of 17 and Scootaloo was born...

1019 ADW Nightmare moon was defeated by the mane six

1021 Rainbow Dash joined the wonderbolts at the age of 21

Current time in story: 1 of First seed/1021. Soarin age 23 Rainbow Dash age 21 Scootaloo age 6

i know it might be a bit confusing but i tried to do it somewhat understandable... if you have any questions about the time line or character ages ask me and i try to answer.:twilightsheepish:
also who can figure out what is my favourite game series from that mess of a calendar:raritywink:

anyways it seems that changelings can be hatched outside the hive... that might be a problem for Soarin and Dashie... and what about that other project that was mentioned... ruby filly... i wonder why it was said to be a failure...
also it seems we might have for the first time heard the name of our antagonist... captain Cydrir i wonder if we will hear more about him soon.

anyways next chapter is already being worked on and it maybe should be ready on time... but until then have a nice day:twilightsmile: