• Published 6th Nov 2016
  • 2,929 Views, 134 Comments

Family of two - Flat spin



After a huge airshow in Cloudsdale Soarin meets a young fan of his and decided to get to know her better. This leads him to discover that her family is much like his... cold... mean... and heartless

  • ...
11
 134
 2,929

Chapter 9 Distorted

Hello dear readers! It is I Discord the god of chaos! Don’t worry your usual writer is fine. He is taking a little vacation in a nice corner of my oblivion and he will be back for the next chapter. But the reason why I have decided to take over for this chapter is simple. He hasn’t been honest to you… He hasn’t told you about the past that our hero Soarin has gone through. So I’m here to tell you the story of Soarin before he was a wonderbolt… enjoy…


MLP: FiM
Family of two
By: Discord


“Mom! Dad!” Soarin yelled in excitement as he ran through the mansion.

“What is it son!” His father said in excitement. “Did you grow a horn or cut off your wings!” He smiled and looked at Soarin who was now looking depressed.

“no… but I got an A in my last flying test… I got a grade A classification so I can soon join to the wonderbolt’s junior training program!” He said in excitement as he gave his father the note. He looked at it and threw it to the fire place.

“You are never going to join them! Do you understand!” He yelled. “My son will not fly with those pests! No go to your room!” He pointed at the stairway to the second floor and Soarin obeyed his command.

Why did his parents hate pegasai? Why didn’t they love him like other parents? Why did he feel so alone? And who is knocking on his window? Soarin looked at the window and saw her.

“Spitty!” He said and galloped to the window where the young mare was trying to hover. It wasn’t easy for her since her wings were a bit… unbalanced. Soarin opened the window and let her in.

“So Soarin did you get your dad’s permission to join the junior training program?” The mare said cheerfully.

“No… he doesn’t want me to fly… at all.” Soarin said and looked at the ground. “He wants me to rip off my wings and grow a horn.”

“Soarin… They clearly don’t want you here… just please come with me and I will help you.” Spitfire said and hugged her friend. “you are 15 you can do your own decisions now…”

“I can’t leave. if I were to leave they would kill me.” Soarin said and broke off the hug.

“They are already killing you for what you are…” A long silence fell upon the two friends. “Has he hit you again…” Spitfire asked and Soarin looked away. “Soarin! Please…” Spitfire said and Soarin slowly opened his left wing. “Oh my… Did he do that?” Spitfire said as she saw the huge
scar on his wing. It looked like somepony tried to rip it off for his body.

“It’s not that bad.”

“No it is! Show me your other wing.” Spitfire commanded. “Now!”

Soarin followed her command and opened his other wing… but there was not one big scar but many small ones…

“Soarin… have you…” Spitfire said and touched the small scars.

“He told me to… He said that I wasn’t worth his time and I should punish myself.” Soarin said as his eyes became teary. “I don’t wanna be a
Pegasus Spitfire… I don’t want this.” He said and started crying.

“Soarin. I can’t force you to come with me… But you need to do something… you can’t live like this. You are a damn good flyer and a true friend… the kindest colt I have ever met… and the best kinda-but-not-really-a-brother-brother.” Spitfire said and hugged him tightly. “Don’t throw it all away by staying here.”

“Spitty… I’m sorry but I can’t leave… they might not be good parents but they are only ones I’ve got.” Soarin said and smiled.

“Well… I’m going to the training camp tomorrow…” Spitfire said and walked to the window. “I hope I’ll meet you some day in the wonderbolt academy… after all we promised to each other that we would be there on our 18th birthday.” Spitfire said and smiled warmly.

“Yeah don’t worry I’ll be there once I’m old enough… have fun in the camp and please write me.”

“Sure thing bro. See you in a year. goodbye!” Spitfire said and flew off.

“Goodbye!” Soarin said and looked as she flew away from his window… He knew that they were destined to be great wonderbolts but he knew that he couldn’t leave his parents…

“Soarin! Who were you talking to!” He heard his father’s voice. “Was that the little orange pest that you hang out with!”

“oh no…” Soarin said as his father entered the room… he was not happy…


“AHHH!” Soarin yelled and jumped out of his bed… a nightmare… like usually. He stepped out of the bed and walked down stairs to get the mail. He usually only got fan mail which he loved and usually even wrote back to them but today he was looking for a pacific letter…

“Ah here!” He said to himself as he found a letter from the social services. He opened it fast and read it.

“The investigation is ongoing but we have found out that Scootaloo’s father Lightning spark cannot look after her. Also we couldn’t contact her mother Lightning Dust. We are still trying to find her but we have decided to end the investigation soon if we cannot find her. If you want you can visit Scootaloo. She is staying at the Everfree orphanage outside of Canterlot since we could find a foster home for her.”

Soarin dropped the letter and was about to leave for the orphanage but then he realised that he had to go and tell spitfire about what was going on… After all she was technically his sister and she deserved to know. He had to keep her informed because she was going to stay with him always… Rainbow Dash he could inform later since they weren’t together at the moment. He quickly tossed an uniform on and took his saddle bag to his back and took flight to the clear skies of Canterlot…

Author's Note:

Dear readers i have the pleasure to tell you that the next chapter will be out next weekend due to your usual writer's busy schedule.
But anyways Lightning Dust... thats gonna be fun.

but until next wekkend have a nice day:twilightsmile: