• Published 6th Nov 2016
  • 2,929 Views, 134 Comments

Family of two - Flat spin



After a huge airshow in Cloudsdale Soarin meets a young fan of his and decided to get to know her better. This leads him to discover that her family is much like his... cold... mean... and heartless

  • ...
11
 134
 2,929

Chapter 26 Signs of a storm

MLP: FiM
Family of two
By: flat spin

[hr

”psst dad…” Soarin heard a familiar voice next to him. He didn’t open his eyes but he knew who it was.

“What is it Scoots.” Soarin said as he pulled Rainbow Dash who was still sleeping closer to his side.

“It’s almost 9am I want breakfast.” Scootaloo said as she stood next to Soarin who simply yawned.

“Its Saturday… can’t you just wait a minute until Rainbow Dash wakes up.” Soarin said to her.

“But she will sleep until noon…” Scootaloo pouted and sat down next to Soarin.

“I won’t if you two keep arguing next to me.” Rainbow Dash said and opened her eyes and smiled.

“Sorry…” Scootaloo said. “Can we now have breakfast?” She asked Soarin who had his eyes open now too.

“No.” Soarin said and lifted Scootaloo between him and Rainbow Dash. “It’s Saturday and we aren’t in a hurry to anywhere.” Soarin said as he snuggled close to Scootaloo who was now stuck between her new parents… not that she was complaining. It was nice to have finally a family that showed affection towards each other.

She laid between Soarin and Rainbow Dash and smiled happily. “Fine… five minutes.” She said as she felt both of her parents hug her from both sides of her.

“Why not ten…” Soarin said and yawned. “I want to sleep.” after all he hadn’t slept that much last night

“Yeah me too.” Rainbow Dash agreed with him.

“But I was supposed to meet with Rumble today.” Scootaloo said which caused Soarin to flinch a bit.

“Oh well… I suppose then we have to get you some breakfast soon.” Soarin said and smiled.


Later that day Scootaloo was laying below a apple tree on top of a hill near the Apple family farm. It was a sunny and warm day. She was supposed to meet Rumble below the tree today. She still couldn’t believe that Rumble had moved into live with Rarity and Thunderlane… it was like a dream come true to her and most likely for him too.

All the sudden Scootaloo heard as somepony landed on one of the tree branches above her. She looked up and saw Rumble smiling at her.
“Hi Scootaloo.” He said cheerfully and smiled.

“Hi Rumble.” Scootaloo greeted him as he glided next to her and nuzzled her lightly. “So what do you wanna do?” Scootaloo asked him.

“Well I was thinking…” Rumble said and rubbed his chin. “Since you can't fly I thought I might give you a flight around the town.” Rumble said and stretched his wings. They weren’t much bigger than Scootaloo’s wings but he knew he could easily fly both of them around.

“Really?” Scootaloo asked excitedly. Of course this wasn’t her first time getting a flight from another pony but only ponies who had flown her around before were Soarin and Rainbow Dash.

“Of course Scoots.” Rumble said and laid down on the ground to let Scootaloo climb onto his back.

“Thanks… that means a lot.” Scootaloo said as she climb to his back. Once she was on his back she gave him a light kiss on the cheek which caused him to blush quite heavily.

“Hold on tight.” Rumble said and he extended his and Scootaloo brought her hooves around his neck. Soon both of them were flying through the clear spring sky above Ponyville.

Both of them were too focused on flying to notice the two ponies watching them…

“He wasn’t supposed to be living in this town.” One of them said.

“He isn’t important for our mission.” The other one said to his partner as they were looking at Scootaloo and Rumble who were flying away from them.

“So you think that the captain doesn’t want to know about him?” The first pony said.

“Of course we have to tell the captain about his presence near the filly… but you know how he get whenever anyone brings up the subject.” the other one said as he turned around to walk away. “Let’s get back to him and give him our report.” He said with authority to the other pony.

“Yeah I bet he is gonna be so happy with us when we give him only bad news.” The other one said sarcastically.

“Shut up and do your job or otherwise you are gonna lose your head like the bug who was assigned to me before.” He said and walked away.

“Yeah yeah. Do your duty, Long live Chrysalis and blablabla.” He said with even more sarcasm as he ran after his superior.


“Oh that was so cool!” Scootaloo said as she and Rumble walked into her home. Both of them walked to the living room where Soarin and Rainbow Dash both were simply laying on the sofa and snuggling each other. “Dad! Rainbow Dash!” Scootaoo yelled at them.

“What is it Scootaloo?” Soarin asked.

“Rumble is with me we are gonna go and hang out in my room.” Scootaloo yelled as she and Rumble walked up stairs towards her room.

“Fine. Don’t break anything or break house rules!” Soarin yelled as he heard the Scootaloo’s door close. “She is growing so fast… it feels like I only yesterday adopted her and now she is already bringing a coltfriend into our home.” Soarin said and he and Rainbow Dash were both laying on the couch. Rainbow Dash simply giggled at his statement.

“You know that she has only been living with you for a 6 months. And besides in my opinion she is allowed to bring a coltfriend here.” Rainbow Dash said and giggled.

“She doesn’t even have her cutie mark yet...” Soarin said in a serious tone “But now all the sudden she brings a coltfriend here.” Soarin said and shook his head.

“You are being over protective Soarin. She can easily take care of herself and you know it.” Rainbow Dash said to him. “And it’s not like we don’t know who Rumble is. The two of them have been sending letters back and forth since they first met. And don’t tell me you don’t like Rumble. He is a sweet colt and he likes Scootaloo very much.” Rainbow Dash said and sat up on the couch.

“I guess you are right… but still we have to be protective of her since Eridim told us that Chrysalis’s soldiers will target me because I’m a halfling and you because you are pregnant with my foals… they will target Scootaloo too… and…” Soarin was about to say something but decided to stay quiet.

“And what?” Rainbow Dash asked.

“Nah nothing… let’s get some food for us and the kids.” Soarin said as he too stood up on the couch.

Author's Note:

late once again...:ajsleepy: sorry but it's the last five weeks of school and i got a lot of school work to do before the year ends... So until my school year is at an end i will slow down on the updates on this story to once every other week. That should give me enough time to do my school work, write and edit it so it isn't crap. once school is over in five weeks we are gonna go back to weekly updates on time!

Anyways who were those two spying on Rumble and Scootaloo... and did you guys notice that Scootaloo didn't call Dash her mom yet... i wonder when that might change and what would cause it...

As said next update will be out within two weeks! Until then have a nice day:twilightsmile:

ps: 30k words! and a lot more to come!:pinkiehappy: