• Published 6th Nov 2016
  • 2,930 Views, 134 Comments

Family of two - Flat spin



After a huge airshow in Cloudsdale Soarin meets a young fan of his and decided to get to know her better. This leads him to discover that her family is much like his... cold... mean... and heartless

  • ...
11
 134
 2,930

Chapter 17 Flight to Ponyville

MLP: FiM
Family of two
By: flat spin


As Scootaloo walked to the downstairs in the morning she saw Soarin packing things in to big cardboard boxes.

“Dad what are you doing?” Scootaloo asked Soarin as he turned to face her.

“Ah you are awake. Here’s a box back the things you want to take with you to Ponyville.” Soarin said and gave her a cardboard box. “Just pack the things you don’t want to leave here. I’m not selling this house so they are gonna be safe here.”

“We are moving already?” Scootaloo asked him. It had only been a day since they had their little talk. Scootaloo had thought they would be moving in a month or two but it was clear that Soarin wanted to move right away.

“Yep! I have already bought us a nice home that is big enough for two of us and there is some room for family expansion.” Soarin smiled while telling this to her.

“So you already quit your job as a wonderbolt?” Scootaloo asked and Soarin nodded. “How did Spitfire take it?”

“Well…”


“Hey Spitty.” Soarin said as he walked into her office.

“Oh hi Soarin. I need you to take care new recruits today because I’m busy with these reports.” Spitfire said as she was doing her paper work.

“Umm… actually I’m here to drop off my resignation letter.” Soarin said and gave her a letter.

“What?!” Spitfire asked as she opened the letter and quickly read it out. “Why? You have at least like ten years left in you.” Spitfire asked him. She didn’t want to lose her second in command.

“I guess I need to focus on some other things right now.” Soarin looked down as he said it.

“Scootaloo… I get it.” Spitfire said. “Well I guess each one of us have to leave someday.”

“Yeah… And I guess you are next to leave since we both have been here for over ten years now.” Soarin asked her.

“Ha I’m gonna die here.” Spitfire laughed. “Soarin we have been here for over ten years now, And I’m not going to leave now. When the other ‘bolts say that I’m too old to fly I’m gonna go and become a full time trainer at the academy.” Spitfire said. Soarin knew she wasn’t going to leave the ‘bolts behind. Because it was truly her family. She had rebuild the wonderbolts in to a household name and she wasn’t going to let anything ruin it. She cared way too much about the team and it’s members…

“Well we will see about that once you find a handsome stallion to call your own.” Soarin teased her.

“Just go. I’ll send you the honorable discharge papers and the retirement papers later.” Spitfire said and went back to work.

“Okay well see you whenever the off season starts.” Soarin said and left the office.

“Yeah sure thing.”


“Well… She probably didn’t want me to leave but she didn’t stop me either.” Soarin said and put some books and photo albums into a box. “Go on Scootaloo and back up the things you want to take with you.”

“Okay.” Scootaloo said and ran into her room. She took all the wonderbolt poster and other stuff with her. She also packed in her skateboard and her small collection of Daring do books.

Meanwhile Soarin had finished packing and was putting the boxes into a carriage that was soon going to leave for Ponyville. “Scootaloo have you done your packing already?” He asked and soon Scootaloo walked towards him with her box on top of her back. She easily carried it outside since almost all of her stuff was quite lightweight. Soarin picked it up and put it to the carriage and then it left.

“So are you ready to go Scootaloo.” Soarin asked and picked Scootaloo to his back.

“Yeah… just what are you gonna do for the stuff we left back there?” Scootaloo asked as she remembered that they left their beds and other furniture inside.

“Don’t worry. I’m not selling the house because someday you might need a place to live in Canterlot.” Soarin said and took light towards Ponyville. The skies were clear and the warm spring wind was running through Soarin’s and Scootaloo’s manes. Both of them were looking at the beautiful scenery of Equestrian country side. This was why pegasai loved to fly… The freedom and the wind. Scootaloo only could hope that someday she maybe could experience this without relaying on somepony else to carry her through the sky. Soon the fly over an huge apple farm. They was the thousands of apple trees and the large red barn. Also Soarin could smell freshly baked pie even though they were flying high above the farm. Soon after the farm they saw a small cottage that was build inside a small hill. There was a lot of animals outside of the house. All of them living in peace and harmony. After the cottage the rest of the village came in to their vision. They could see a huge crystal castle in the middle of the village. Soarin had seen it before but this was Scootaloo’s first time seeing the castle of friendship and she was in awe. She could see the sun reflect off the crystal surface making it shine like a diamond.

After flying around the town for a while Soarin landed next to a average looking house. It looked like every other house in the town but on the door step there was pile of cardboard boxes which contained their stuff in them. Soarin walked up to the door and opened it. Inside the house was some basic furniture but the house was largely empty. The house had two floor. On the first floor there was a living room, kitchen, bathroom, and one bed room. The second floor had three bed rooms and a bathroom.

“Well Do you like it.” Soarin asked. “I know it’s not as fancy as the house back in Canterlot but this is something we can really make in to our home.” Soarin said and smiled.

“I like it.” Scootaloo said. She knew this was a new start in a new town with her dad…

Author's Note:

okay so next chapter will be out in a week or so. And this was the last prologue chapter... yeah this has all been just set up for the future. Anyways next weekend i have some other stuff so the next chapter might be a little late.

anyways have a nice day:twilightsmile: