• Published 6th Nov 2016
  • 2,929 Views, 134 Comments

Family of two - Flat spin



After a huge airshow in Cloudsdale Soarin meets a young fan of his and decided to get to know her better. This leads him to discover that her family is much like his... cold... mean... and heartless

  • ...
11
 134
 2,929

Chapter 21 Friendship never ends

MLP: FiM
Family of two
By: flat spin


”You featherhead!” Spitfire said in anger and smashed her head to her office desk causing her coffee mug to spill its contents all over her paper work. “Soarin..” She said and looked at the stallion who was standing next to his mare friend. “I have been helping you since we were foals… I helped you when we got into the ‘bolts and I helped you to win Rainbow Dash’s heart and when you adopted Scoots… But! This is way too much for me.” She said and looked at the couple.

“Please Spitty.” Soarin pleaded.

“No! I can’t just drop Rainbow Dash out of our roster for over nine months without telling the press. And secondly how do you think the press will react when they hear your soon to be wife has given birth to a changeling!” Spitfire said and sighed. “I’m sorry but I don’t think we can hide this thing under a rug.”

“Well you could just say I had an accident and I damaged my and I have to be out of the team for some time until my wing recovers.” Rainbow Dash said and smiled.

“Okay…” Spitfire said. “But how about after you give birth? Are you just gonna hide the foal or what the hell are you gonna do?” Spitfire asked them.

“We’ll figure that out when time comes.” Soarin said and dragged a wing over Rainbow Dash’s back.

“Well I think that is a flawless plan.” Spitfire said and smiled widely.

“Really?” Soarin said in excitement.

“Of course NOT you featherbrain!” Spitfire said and slapped Soarin. “How are you gonna hide her belly once it gets bigger or how are you two gonna explain why are two grown up ponies buying baby products?” She had a good point. Neither Soarin nor Rainbow Dash had thought of that.

“Don’t worry we’ll figure all of that out once it becomes a problem.” Soarin said and looked at Rainbow Dash who smiled lightly.
Spitfire sighed deeply… “Fine… Rainbow Dash I’m going to write you a fake injury BUT! If this thing blows up and the press find out what’s going on I’m not gonna come and save you two… I might save Scoots because she doesn’t need all this drama.” Spitfire said and started to write some fake medical papers.

“Don’t worry. I’m sure nothing that goes wrong and soon we have a lovely foal and you will be called aunt Spitfire.” Soarin said and hugged Spitfire.

“Sometimes I wonder why I keep troublemakers like you two in my team.” Spitfire said and handed Rainbow Dash a pair of fake medical documents.

“You know better than anyone that all the best ponies are troublemakers.” Rainbow Dash said and gave her a smuggish smile.

“Just get out. I Still have a day job.” Spitfire said and smiled as Soarin and Rainbow Dash made their way out of her office.
Once they were in the corridor Rainbow Dash quickly slid the medical documents to her saddle pack and looked at Soarin. “She is right.” He said in a serious tone.

“About?” Rainbow Dash asked.

“About this being a really difficult road for us.” Soarin said and looked at Rainbow Dash. “But then dream don’t come true easily.” He said and smiled.

“Don’t worry. We’ll make this work.” Rainbow Dash said and smiled.

“Yeah… anyway let’s go and meet up with my…” Soarin struggled to find the right word. “…acquaintance”

“Well let’s get going.” Rainbow Dash said and soon the two were in flight towards Canterlot’s out skirts. The flew through the busy streets until they came to one of the poorer are of Canterlot.

Soarin and Rainbow Dash landed and looked around. All the houses were in terrible shape and ponies were giving then all kinds of passive-aggressive looks. “Follow me and stay close.” Soarin said and started to walk towards what seemed to be a bar.

“Hey I can totally handle myself.” Rainbow Dash said as they were walking.

“I know…” Soarin said and opened the bars door. “But they don’t.” Soarin said as they entered the bar.

The bar was full of rather unfriendly looking ponies. Most of them were either drinking or fighting with somepony else. Soarin and Rainbow Dash walked to the bartender who was busy serving drinks.

“Hey!” Soarin said as he and Rainbow Dash walked to the bartender.

“You need a drink?” The bartender rudely asked.

“No…” Soarin said and took a look behind his back to make sure nopony was eavesdropping on them. “We are here to meet Eridim.” Once
Soarin said the name the bartender pulled him close.

“He isn’t expecting any visitors right now.” The bartender said in a serious tone.

“You are gonna take me to him or else I’m not only gonna blow my own cover but I’ll make sure to blow your cover as well… changeling.” Soarin said back to him.

“Shut it.” The bartender said and looked around them. “See that door.” He said and pointed at the door in the back of the bar. “The password is Chrysalis the victorious. Once you are in tell the guard I let you in.”

“Thank you.” Soarin said and started to walk towards the door with Rainbow Dash.

“How did you know he was a changeling.” Rainbow Dash whispered to him.

“We changelings can sense when another one of us is close by. Makes it easier to meet other in public without revealing our true form.” Soarin said as the arrived at the door.

“What about this Eridim? Is he your friend?” Rainbow Dash asked.

“Friend? Not anymore… Or maybe he has forgotten it..” Soarin said and rubbed his chin.

“Forgotten what?” Rainbow Dash asked.

“Nothing… Don’t worry about it. I’m sure he is willing to help us out.” Soarin said and knocked on the door. Soon he heard a voice coming from the other side.

“Who is it.”

“The bartender told me to come here. the password is Chrysalis the victorious.” Soarin whispered through the door and soon a large unicorn stallion opened it for them and let them inside. Once both of them were inside they hers the door close behind them. “Act cool.” Soarin said to Rainbow Dash and transformed to his true form.

“Through that Door.” The stallion said and pointed at the door at the end of the corridor. Soarin and Rainbow Dash walked to the door and opened it. On the other side was another bar but this was had a very different atmosphere… mainly because it was full of changelings.
As Soarin and Rainbow Dash entered slowly more and more of the changelings noticed them and went quiet. Rainbow Dash didn’t want to admit it to herself but being locked in a room with easily over two hundred changelings was a bit scary.

“Soarin!” They heard a male voice through the crowd.

“Eridim!” Soarin said and saw a changeling walk up to them.

“Don’t worry boys. I know Soarin he is an old friend.” Eridim said and walked toward Soarin and Rainbow Dash.

“I told you he would have forgotten it.” Soarin whispered to Rainbow Dash as Eridim walked next to them.

“And the fuck I aint!” He said and hit Soarin with a strong hit causing Soarin to fall to the ground.

Author's Note:

Friedship never dies am I right:rainbowlaugh:

anyways next chapter should be out in a week and there should be and short standalone story that isn't connected to this story in anyway out with in two days... maybe:twilightoops: and until then have a nice day:twilightsmile: