• Published 6th Nov 2016
  • 2,930 Views, 134 Comments

Family of two - Flat spin



After a huge airshow in Cloudsdale Soarin meets a young fan of his and decided to get to know her better. This leads him to discover that her family is much like his... cold... mean... and heartless

  • ...
11
 134
 2,930

Chapter 22 Queen's insurance

MLP: FiM
Family of two
By: flat spin


Soarin spat out blood as Eridim gave him several punches. All the other changelings in the room were simply watching two of them fighting. meanwhile Rainbow Dash was still in slight shock seeing some many changelings in a single room.

“You know what Soarin. I knew you were an idiot but I thought that you had the brains to stay away from here!” Eridim said as he stopped beating on Soarin who hadn’t even tried to fight back. Rainbow Dash immiatedly ran up to Soarin and helped him up.

“I need your help Eridim.” Soarin said as he leaned on to Rainbow Dash as Eridim back away.

“Yeah… remember back in Baltimare. I needed your help…” Eridim said angrily and glared at him. “And you didn’t show up.”

“I’m sorry. I tried to…” Soarin was saying but Eridim quickly cut him off.

“You tried to but didn’t come to help me and because of that she is dead!” Eridim said angrily.

“She knew what she signed up for when she came to fight with us!” Soarin yelled back at him. Meanwhile Rainbow Dash didn’t have any idea what they were talking about and the rest of the changelings seemed to be clueless too.

“BUT SHE DIDN’T HAVE TO DIE!” Eridim yelled. Soarin was taken back by the outburst and simply stayed quiet. “She loved him… And because of us two he was forced to kill her…” Eridim said and looked at the ground.

“She decided to stand with us while he stayed loyal to Chrysalis…” Soarin said and walked up to Eridim and gave him a friendly hug. “Your sister died for the values she believed in… and he defended the values he believed in. You can’t blame yourself for a decision she made.” Soarin said as Eridim hugged him too. The other Changelings in the room slowly backed off as the two friends embraced leaving Rainbow Dash alone in the middle of the room.

“Come with me.” Eridim said as the two changelings broke off their hug. “We’ll talk in private.” And with that said Soarin changed back in to his pony form and gestured to Rainbow Dash to follow him. Eridim led them to a table at the corner of the room where they could talk in private.

“So Soarin… mind telling me why have you brought a pony to a changeling lair.” Eridim said as three of them sat down.

“Well… I need your help… WE need your help.” Soarin said and looked at Rainbow Dash.

“Of course I’ll help you and miss....” Eridim said and offered his Changeling hoof to Rainbow Dash

“Rainbow Dash.” Rainbow Dash said and gave him a hoof bump.

“Miss Rainbow Dash.” Eridim said and smiled. “How can I help?”

“We think that Rainbow Dash is pregnant with my foals.” Soarin said bluntly leaving Eridim speechless.

“You sure that the foal is yours?” Eridim asked.

“Yeah.” Rainbow Dash said.

“Soarin… how familiar are you with changeling breeding?” Eridim asked.

“…”

“How familiar are you with pony breeding?” Eridim asked.

“Well I know the basics.” Soarin said. He had no idea how changeling mating worked because he had never lived in a changeling hive.

“Okay… I have never heard of a changeling getting a foal with a pony.” Eridim said. “There a quite a lot of biological reasons why that should be impossible.”

“So you are saying it’s impossible?” Rainbow Dash asked. She felt like her dreams of having a family with Soarin had just been broken.

“No… I’m not saying it’s impossible… but…” Eridim struggled to find the right words to explain what he was thinking of. “But female changelings give birth to an egg. Which hatches once the queen’s magic has entered the egg. And if you haven't noticed we don't have a queen here” Eridim explained.

“I thought that changeling hive worked like bee hives…” Rainbow Dash said.

“You thought that Chrysalis lays changeling eggs all day?” Eridim asked and chuckled. “Chrysalis hasn’t laid a singled egg. That’s why we can’t get rid of her yet.” Eridim said and looked at Soarin who knew what he was talking about.

“I’m really confused.” Rainbow Dash said. “Why do you want to get rid of Chrysalis. I thought she is your queen.” Rainbow Dash asked but both Soarin and Eridim started to laugh.

“You really think that all changelings are loyal to Chrysalis?” Soarin asked Rainbow Dash.

“Well… yeah.” She said which made the two changelings laugh even harder.

“Miss Dash not all changelings are loyal to that evil witch.” Eridim said. “If we were loyal to her you would be dead.” Eridim said

“Dashie…” Soarin said and looked at her. “The reason why some changelings like us want to get rid of Chrysalis is that she rules with an iron fist. Only her opinions matter and her word is the law. Me, Eridim and his little rebellion want get rid of Chrysalis and destroy her absolute monarchy. We want a new monarch and a constitution.” Soarin told her.

“Chrysalis and her military policy against ponies has made changelings look like animals. We are not evil. You know it better than anyone else since you are in love with Soarin.” Eridim said. “We want to live with the ponies of Equestria. We too want a monarch who doesn’t abuse her position. We want democracy. We want a constitutional monarchy.” Eridim explained to her.

“If that is what you want why some changelings are loyal to Chrysalis?” Rainbow Dash asked.

“Because some think that we need a strong ruler to protect us. And it’s not easy to try to rebel against her… Mainly because her military makes sure that no one inside the hive rebels against her.” Eridim said.

“Why not just kill her and pick a new queen?” Rainbow Dash asked.

“Have you been listening?” Eridim asked. “The only way to hatch a changeling egg is through the queen’s magic. If we kill her before there is a legitimate heir we cannot reproduce which means that we would be the last generation of changelings… But… You two…" Eridim said and pointed at Rainbow Dash and Soarin. "If she really is pregnant with Soarin’s foal then there is a possibility that changelings could reproduce without the queens magic.” Eridim said.

“But you said it could be impossible.” Soarin said.

“Chrysalis has banned pony-changeling mating…” Eridim said. “She knew that pony-changeling foals maybe didn’t need her magic to hatch so she banned mating with ponies.” Eridim said smiling widely.

“So… if our foals are born or hatched we have taken away Chrysalis’s last line defense… She will lose her insurance...” Soarin said “We don’t need her to reproduce.”

“Where do you two live?” Eridim asked Rainbow Dash.

“At Ponyville.” Rainbow Dash answered.

“Okay we need to keep this hidden. Chrysalis has spies everywhere. So do not tell anypony that you are pregnant. I will sent a division of my changelings to infiltrate Ponyville to make sure that you two are safe because if Chrysalis would find out you are pregnant with a changeling foal she will try to kill you… especially when the father is her little pet project.” Eridim said and looked at Soarin. “Once Chrysalis finds out your wife is pregnant she will sent him to kill Rainbow Dash.”

“We can get our revenge.” Soarin said.

“We could avenge my sister’s death.” Eridim said.

“He loved her… we don’t know if he has stopped being Chrysalis’s puppet… or maybe killing the love of his life was too much for him…” Soarin said.

“He deserves to die… I’ll make sure he dies for her if he hasn’t killed himself for her already.” Eridim said.

“Should I know what are you talking about?” Rainbow Dash asked.

“I’ll tell you later…” Soarin said. “Eridim I trust that you will make sure that we don’t get jumped by Chrysalis’s assassins.” Soarin said as he stood up.

“I’ll make sure you two can breath calmly.” Eridim said.

“Good… We’ll meet again soon right?” Soarin asked.

“Yeah I’ll come by your place soon. I'll do some research and tell you two if this is gonna work.” Eridim said as Soarin and Rainbow Dash left the table and headed towards the door.

Author's Note:

Well i think some of you might be seeing where this is going... Anyways next chapter we are gonna see what our favourite black pegasus stallion is doing...:raritywink: also i think we are gonna see some scootalove soon...:scootangel:

next chapter should be out in a week like usual And until then have a nice day:twilightsmile: