• Published 22nd Aug 2016
  • 4,392 Views, 41 Comments

Dear God - Alyssa Hartwick



Simple Prayer's from a Simple creature to its god. Take a listen

  • ...
4
 41
 4,392

Amen


Dear god,

As I paced through the town square, waiting patiently, I let my thoughts wander. After many minutes of blank thought, I started to think of my favorite color.

Red.

I associate so many wonderful things with that color. Hunting, killing, blood... and most of all…
Food...


I am a predator and I do what I must. Feed. A predators job is to thin out the population but not eradicate it. If we ate them all, then we would have no food, if we didn’t eat, the population would boom and the world would fall apart.

Speaking of food, a filly just walked up to me...it’s kinds funny to me in a way.

On the outside, ponies see me as a regular, innocent filly…when I want to be seen anyway. All I have to do is shed my skin and hide it until I need it again…this particular one is getting rather uncomfortable.

But that will be fixed soon.
So answer my prayer and keep the cycle of life ever turning.

Dear god,

Her name is Sweetie Bell, she’s a seven-year-old filly with a white coat, purple and pink mane with beautiful mint green eyes.
Her eyes appear to be in pristine condition, and that should help, as I can sense that these eyes have begun to rot, and the magic holding them in place is beginning to fail.

I just need more time to get to know her so that I may be able to harvest and disguise myself properly.

Please answer my prayer, Let the magic that keeps my skin together and looking pristine last a little while longer, I am part of your plan after all.

Dear god,

Me and Sweetie Bell played with dolls for a while, and I had fun. I felt like I was one of them for a while.
I forgot the aching in my stomach from not eating in months.I forgot the sickly slimy feeling of rotting flesh covering my entire body.I forgot that I was a predator.

I’m praying as I sing a song, I don’t know what it’s called, but I know its meaning.

It is of that of sorrow.

So answer my prayer, why can't I just be a pony?

Dear god,

I didn’t want to see her again today. So I hid my skin and used a small amount of the magic I had leeched off of her to make myself to appear and sound like her, though it won’t last long.

I think some friends of hers had spotted me, they wanted to play, so I did.
I didn’t want to get caught because I said no.
We played for a few hours but I had to sneak away during our game of hid-and-seek.

My prey was coming and I didn't want to be found out. At least I had absorbed enough magic to hold me over for a few more days.
So god, answer my prayer, don’t let me get caught.

Dear god,

For the last few days I have been leeching off of her, I have noticed she doesn’t use her magic often, so she won’t notice that her magic reserves are low too quickly.

I didn’t see her most of the day, probably because it’s raining. I’m just going to stand out here in the cold. What does it matter? I can’t feel the cold, but I can feel warmth, especially when I feel boiling hot blood hit my stomach.

That always warms me up, though not for very long. Maybe a day or so be for its converted into energy to keep the skin from rotting on the outside.
So god, answer my prayer. Let me be warm soon.

Dear god,

She saw me out in the rain. She brought me inside of her house and gave me a blanket and a hot drink. Its sweet taste stung my tongue, but it felt nice in my empty stomach, though not as nice as blood.

I took a chance. I asked if I could live with her. I said I was homeless and she bought it. Though now I’m going to have to shed my skin and use up over half of my magic reserves to become invisible to her older sister as she explained that she was going to introduce us.
I know the risk of being found out is extremely high but the reward is too much to pass up.

So answer my prayer. Let this risk be worth it.

Dear god,

Sweetie Bell introduced me to her sister. It went smoothly but I sensed that this “Rarity” was irritated.
I searched her eyes many times for any signs of her sensing or feeling me there.
She hadn’t a clue.

So god, thanks for answering my prayers for once.

Dear god,

Sweetie Bell moved me into her large closet. She gave me a blanket and pillow to use.

But my species doesn’t sleep. But we do go into a trance.
We use no energy during this trance, but we can leech magic easier during it.

I watched as the filly slept in her bed, I felt as her green magic flowed from her horn into my hungry body. Many ponies don’t know this, but every bit of magic has a unique flavor.
Hers is minty.

Oh god, she’s waking up! I absorbed her magic too fast.

God don’t let me get caught.

Dear god,

She didn’t suspect a thing.

But she did get angry this morning when her sister didn’t make me a plate to eat. I don’t get to much energy from regular food anyway.
My body gets most of its energy from magic, and ponies are the perfect source of magic. A unicorn filly alone can keep my magic reserves almost full for up to two months.

But I’m going on two months now, and the last filly I harvested was an earth pony, so I got only earth magic. Not to say that they don’t have the same amount of magic, but its different across the three races.
And unicorn magic is the most potent and most easy to digest.

Sweetie Bell just left in a rush. I think she said something about her friends hating her.
Oh well.
So thank you, god, for letting me live another day.

Dear god,

I just found her diary. It appears she suspects nothing as of yet, but she does know that something strange happened the day I decided to play with her friends. I should be more careful.

But they do smell rather delicious themselves.
I’ll call some of my brethren to come to this small town, before I move to the next.

I’m just going to shed my skin. I want to forget for a while.

Dear god, thank you for letting me come to this town.

Dear god,

I fucked up. I almost got caught.

I shouldn’t have risked it again. I was so busy playing I didn’t even notice my prey until it was too late.
I had to run off before I could get captured.

I went back to my temporary home in the closet, and tossed my skin back on and drew some half done pictures so it looked like I never left the room.

God, I’m so afraid right now, I don’t want to die. I’m just doing your bidding..

Dear god,

No one suspected anything. They thought a changeling was in town.

They are so wrong.

I am not a changeling, but they are my distant cousins, nothing more.
Our species used to work together many centuries ago, but a war over territory broke us apart. Those days are but a distant memory now.

I’m glad that I wasn’t caught though.

Dear god,

I spoke too soon. She saw me watching her.

I was enjoying the taste of her magic, and got greedy. Before I knew it, we locked eyes for a few seconds, before I ducked behind the door frame.

Its time.

Dear god,

I hid from her throughout the day.

I couldn’t look at her. I knew what I was about to do, but I felt guilty.

But every animal must eat.

Dear god,

She’s in her bed.Writing in her diary.
She made eye contact with me.

Every time she adverted her gaze, I stepped closer while I sucked her magic dry.
I’m right next to her now.

So dear God, Thank you for this food.

Amen

Comments ( 41 )

This was a great series. Thanks for it.

7501159
Aww thx:twilightsmile:
And your welcome:derpytongue2:

Im going to have a slightly different perspective on this because I actually read this trilogy in reverse order. I started with Dear God and ended with Dear Diary. I liked it and feel that your a very imaginative author. The first and third stories feel finished and fleshed out, but the middle story while good, feels more like an outline or a framework. It has a somewhat rushed feeling. I saw on your first story comments that you weren't very happy with the second story. Never forget that you can always go back and modify it. You could always add additional Rarity flashbacks or Rarity "point of view" as she mulls over passages from the diary.

Anyway you cut it, You put out a nice story that had fun reading.

7501408
Thank you!:twilightsmile::pinkiesmile:
And i am planning on writing more scary story's similar to the 1st/3rd of this trillogy:pinkiecrazy:
if you want more horror just go to my oneshots bookshelf in my library and i have one or two more horror themed story's laying around:pinkiecrazy::trollestia:

RB_

Oh, wait, is she a skinwalker?
If so, that's pretty cool!

7501540
Thats one of the inspirations yes :rainbowkiss:
but there is also a second one but for the most part you are correct:derpytongue2::twistnerd:

So its confirmed that Angel is the 1 responsible for Sweetie's death, actually we knew from the start but just pointing that out and Rarity i dunno what happened to her, Rarity reminds me of a story I've read called Penpal but its very damn long

Wait, if a demon is in Ponyville and just killed a filly, that means....DON'T CALL THE ELEMENTS OF HARMONY, PRINCESS'S OR WHATEVER!!!!!

CALL OVERWATCH TO HALP US!!!!!!!!!!!

Good story, and I felt a teensy weensy bit bad for the evil demon. Only a little!!

Cool story bro.

~Leonzilla

Is this story based off of a Skinwalker ?

7503025
Yes as well as another native american myth but your pretty much correct:derpytongue2:

I dunno, this was good, but I kinda feel that if we come to understand a monster, they become less scary.

7503973
Exactly:applejackunsure:
It is the last story of this mini series so might as well leave it off where every thing is explained :pinkiesmile:

7501974 The monster is a skinwalker/wendigo

7507005
DING DING DING WE GOT A WINNER!:pinkiecrazy:

7512261

Are you trying to steal the winners idea? Just google it if you don't know it. That simple.

Ok, so I read this trilogy out of order but it came to me like that so deal with it.

I like the premise and the set-up but a lot of the "horror" aspect fell flat for me. So the other two stories are not so great but this one does wonders by letting the monster do all the talking. And that's what sold it for me. Just getting the chance to sit in a skinwalker's point-of-view turns everything on its head. Although I might be biased because I love folklore and ghost stories.

And yes I understand that this is a hybrid of a skinwalker and a wendigo combined into one but I'd say it's more the former than the latter.

7512900
Thank you for the kind words and the helpful criticism:twilightsmile:

7512745 It's a question out of confusion numbnuts.

7515956
7515950

:twilightoops:............................:twilightblush:...................................:facehoof:

i enjoyed this trilogy, but not as much as i enjoyed the first one! i think it was a great idea to have different points of view for each one

7548434
Thank you it means alot:twilightsmile: i have a few other one-shots laying around as well as a few chapter storys as well if you would like to read them:pinkiesmile:

This story was great! Have a follow, I'd like to see more of your work.

7567644

Daw thx:heart::pinkiehappy: i have a few other one-shots laying around as well as a few chapter storys as well if you would like to read them:pinkiesmile: though some arnt horror:twilightsheepish:

7567745

Sure, I'll check them out sometime.

I just want to know who the fuck this "God" is and why he does allow this creature to live.

its based of a native american monster/myth

Wendigo! I only know two myths, and Wendigoes is one of them! I only know it because Until Dawn.

Edit: Ok, I just read the story. I have no idea what this is! Yay! Part Wendigo? Because it feels heat and not cold?

7712060
Ugleth Tama.

Misfortuned feeding.
Anything that holds remorse is forced to endure life as a monstrous game of cat and mouse.

You are protected from the normal creatures if you hide in plain sight by either wearing the flesh after feeding or by draining prey and using that energy to keep the mice at bay.

But you must do one or the other, you cannot hide or run forever as you need to feed, don't you?
You cannot simply die, for Ugleth Tama will have Its prey as well, and It likes to play with Its food, like a cat, and a mouse.

8036490
:derpytongue2:

welcome to my side of the inter-webs child:pinkiecrazy:

8036621
I've read you before.

good story. i was very scared at the end.

its based of a native american monster/myth

Let me guess, is it a skin walker? I could have done some reserch.

God is spelt with a capital G.

10596352
I doubt hers is the same, though.

God is spelt with a capital G

Login or register to comment