• Published 4th Aug 2012
  • 16,686 Views, 1,998 Comments

The Legend of Echo the Diamond Dog - Rust



A foreigner to Equestria and his group of friends attempt to see the world.

Comments ( 90 )

Whoa, a most unexpected update notification! But a very welcome one.

Glad to see you're still knocking about and writing about our favorite mute.

It lives.


Continue.

Well, to the patient, rewards often shine and this is a gem well polished, if not slightly on the small side.

fuck the whut


OP



yu deliverd

Reading this chapter knowing Rust is done is feeling a lot like...
49.media.tumblr.com/d79082d5b69e293b9f68b8f85060104b/tumblr_n7qs5yk3xW1shc7afo1_400.gif
...Like that. :(

ITS ALIVE! ITS ALIVE!!!!!! Woot! I just hope we wont have to wait years to see where this goes.

6963699
See 6963667 's post

Well it was a fun ride while it lasted.:pinkiehappy:

I've been waiting for an update for any number of stories I'm following, but to see this pop up I did not expect to see at all. Good to see it continue. It was actually good to read about echo again.

6963704 You magnificent bastard, you forgot the alcohol! You managed to get the violence, and some of the swearing, but dammit man, you forgot the alcohol!

I feel like at this point the publication of these chapters is more torture than anything, as it reminds me how much I loved this story, but I still doubt that it will be published with any regularity.

Maaaaan...and just when things were about to get really interesting...:ajsleepy:

Daring tossed the covers aside, revealing herself in entirety. She wore no clothing. Echo's gaze unfocused for a moment as he watched her swing her long, bronzed legs over the side of the bed.

Y'know, Echo, mine would too.

I'm sad and happy to see this update, simultaneously. Love ya, Rusty.

I take it the blue-skinned man was his clue that he was in Equestria Girls territory?

Hooray It still lives one of the story sequels that I love is still ongoing. Thank you so much for coming back and we are truly honored to read this story again, I sure am. Please keep this story alive and finish to the end I have to know how the story end for my mind to be truly at peace. Thank you so much for coming back again and have a great day.
:eeyup:

Can you repeat that last part? I was distracted when you said Daring wore no clothes and had long, bronzed legs.

It's nice to see where you were going, at least. May you find what you're looking for in kinder seas.

Godspeed, you crazy bastard.

I have no idea what the fuck is going on. :eeyup:

Seemed fitting.

Back from the dead

IT LIVES!!!!XD

I honestly didn't expect to ever see another update to this story; I was hoping like crazy it would, especially with that cliff-hanger on the previous chapter, but I wasn't counting on it. I am sincerely happy I was wrong.:rainbowderp::pinkiehappy:

That said, I would really love to see this story ride into a strong conclusion sitting shotgun on the Shagwagon...

...Had to edit this comment a bit. I just read Rust's retirement blogpost...damn. I'm sad about his leaving. I don't know if anyone will take this story over. Hope for the best, but be prepared for the worst. That's fan-fiction and life. :fluttershysad::unsuresweetie:

THERE BE NECROMANCY ABOUT THESE PARTS

It somehow seems strangely appropriate that you would end your story on a prologue. There's humor and a sense of irony to it, and yet, it sets the stage for a new author to take it into its next chapter (hopefully.)

Whatever happens with this story, it was a wonderful work of internet literature and I have enjoyed every bit of both stories. Thank you for them and may life treat you well.

*To Echo* Sorry buddy, it looks like you may be heading to Ponyville a bit sooner than you intended.

Well, even if this is the end for the story, at least we know that at least one of the pair got home, I mean, they still haven't gotten around to,

founding a nation in the heart of the Canterlot Caverns,

yet.:rainbowwild:

We see it breath.

Andddd it's dead again.

Welp, thanks for this anyway, Rust.

I almost missed this update due to 6 of my favorites updating after this while i was sleeping.

I can has sequal?

Yay! Echo's back! <Dances a jubilant jig, joyfully>

*cough*...and yeah, I sympathise with Lyra. Getting exploded is never fun.

and done..... all in all it got cut short and was fucking awful because of it

7026405 of course you would be the one to call it awful. Seeming to be in able to see past your own interests to see when it's difficult for someone else or how having an actual life can make things like this harder.

7050711 oh no dumbass that i understand but the fact that he just gave up and said fuck it, bs bro would have been better unfinished

7062771 it's better to now know the person is done with it than to sit and wait and never get an update. Plus you were already shitting on the writer for leaving it unfinished. Don't criticize something if your going to be angry at either action taken.

7064368 no i was pissed because i never got a reply on weather he was going to Finnish it or not so i started reading it anyway when someone said he was gonna start back soon but then he goes and drops a big shit on everyone like that for real bro? get it through your thick skull it was better off unfinished than ruined i just wanted to know if he was gonna start back writing or not

Why the heck is this marked complete? I make it a point never to read incomplete stories because of just how aggravating it is to get into a good story that is cut short half way! Do the rest of the world a favor and mark it canceled if you don't intend to finish it. Marking it "Complete" is just a bold faced lie.

Comment posted by SGDragon deleted Apr 3rd, 2016

Interesting place to hold it... Is it over or...?

7089971
7096375
Read his last two blog posts.

7107860

First off, no one reads blog posts when browsing stories, plus those posts don't even tag this story.

Second off, it still doesn't explain why it is marked "complete". There's a "canceled" tag for a reason. I don't care that it will never be completed; that comes with the territory of reading fanfictions and this story will just be another of a very long list of stories fated never to be finished. What does make me very annoyed is that this was marked as complete when it is very obviously not completed, suckering in people like me who don't touch stories unless they are finished just to avoid situations like this. Like I said, marking it complete is simply a lie. No idea why Rust chose that tag rather than "Canceled".

7109046
I know, I feel the exact same way about incomplete stories. But based on what the final blog post said, I hope someone with as much skill as Rust will pick up and continue the story.

7130271

To piss people off like you and me who hate wasting time on incomplete stories.

I finally finished this fun little ride of yours... and I loved that end. Seriously... bravo... and thank you for producing this epic jumbled mess. My head hurts from everything you packed into this and I've never enjoyed any other story as much as this set. :yay:

I can't believe its cancelled waahaaa

So, since this 'Blog Post' is mysteriously not in Rusts blogs, can someone give a brief rundown of WHY this story is cancelled? Because to put all this work into something just to give up near the end... I'm getting the impression that he just decided to quit out of the blue.

So I guess this one isn't being taken over then. Probably time to overhaul all my rust fics out of my bookshelves eh.

7253695
Well, Rust gave up writing because he lost the joy of it, and supposedly he wanted to hand over the reins to someone. Either nobody did, or the person who did cancel it. Which is either
1)Good, because it wouldn't go to shit
2) Bad, because it would've been a genuinely fun ride.

7316974

Ah. I actually understand his reasoning, then. I don't like it, but I understand it. :fluttercry: Thanks for the reply, by the way. I genuinely appreciate that you took the time to answer my question. :twilightsmile:

Its a depressing day when you find out a good story like this got canceled. I may have been a bit late to the party but damn, right in the feels man.:fluttershysad::fluttercry:

Login or register to comment