• Published 18th Jan 2016
  • 4,981 Views, 164 Comments

World War 2: Never Surrender - Silver009



1941: As World War 2 rages on Adolf Hitler has defeated France. Nation after nation fall to the Nazi war machine. In the Atlantic, the appearance of a new nation will change everything.

  • ...
17
 164
 4,981

Reaction and the First Crack of Friendship

June 17, 1941 POV: Third Person

"There is no crueler tyranny than which is pertetuated under the shield of law and in the name of justice." - Charles de Montesquieu

"There is no higher religion than human service. To work for the common good is the greatest creed." - Woodrow Wilson

The country of Equestria was at war. It shocked every last one of them. Of course some, like Rainbow Dash thought of fighting for their country, honor, and duty. While others namely Rarity and Fluttershy thought of the horrors of war and were personally against it. Newly named general, Shining Armor, called for a draft for all ponies of age to join the First Equestrian Royal Army or the ERA for short. Young colts and mares lined up at enlistment booths all across the nation; all of them truly ignorant of the true tragedy that is war. But can you blame them? For their entire lives they had been sheltered from violence. What little experience they had in the concept of war was the Nightmare Moon, Discord, and Changeling incidents; which were by no means "true" war. How could they have known that this war would be the most horrific and deadly war to ever occur in human and pony history. In which millions would die. Soldier and bystanders alike.

Applejack had come back the previous day, enraged over the war. She and the Princess Luna had been the only ones who had vocally was against it. Luna was outraged by her sister's and the other element's (save Applejack, Rarity, Fluttershy, and Pinkie Pie) decision. It made no sense to her. She had hoped that they would join the Allies who Luna saw as "the good guys" while she saw the Axis Powers as "the villains." She had said this to her sister the day before the declaration to no avail.

As this occurred, in the UK people were in agony and chaos. They realized that they now had another enemy for which they would have to fight alone. The British Prime Minister, Churchill, attempted to keep spirits up, arranging public speeches across London and the rest of the United Kingdom in an attempt to retain morale. In Germany, Adolf Hitler and his High Command celebrated for they had gained another asset in the war, and had brought themselves one step closer to total victory. Hitler himself had his ambassador in Canterlot send a message requesting that she send some Equestrian soldiers, experienced or not, to Warsaw along with a general or two to lead them.

Meanwhile at Sweet Apple Acres things ran as usual. Brother and sister bucked down apples that would be sold at market at Ponyville just as they had for many years. This all changed the day after the Equestrian Declaration of War. It was a day just like any other. Applejack and Big Macintosh were just about to leave the house to and go into the orchard. Granny Smith sat on her rocking chair, and Applebloom had left early to play with her friends, the Cutey Mark Crusaders. It was a perfect day until a certain unicorn prince, looking for revenge for a certain gala, arrived with a smug grin on his face, along with two guards of the new army.

"Ah...I see why you ponies are so uncivilized. You all live in this....small hobble in the dirt," said Prince Blueblood in disgust, "How quaint."

"Ah reckon you should get outta here Blueblood," said Applejack in absolute fury, "we don't want you folks on our property."

"It's Prince Blueblood, commoner," said he in superior tone, "And you cannot make us leave anyway. You are to give us 1,000 barrels of apples. For free of course."

"We don't even have that many. Why would ah even do that anyway?"

"You would be acting against the law if you don't. It is by royal decree," he said holding out a parchment with the seal of Equestria and the Elements of Harmony on it.

"Let me see that," She said annoyed and somewhat in disbelief, grabbing the decree from Blueblood."

"Royal Decree No. 9, 'all farms, public or private shall yield its produce for free in order to support the war effort. This decree shall be active throughout the entirety of Equestria's involvement in the war unless this decree is amended by the Princesses and the Elements. Signed Princess Celestia, Prince Blueblood, Royal General Shining Armor, and Element Twilignt Sparkle'."

"But that can't be right," said Applejack, in shock that her friend would sign a law that would her family, "It can't be a law, the Princess Luna didn't sign it."

Blueblood smirked at her, "Royal Decree No. 3, 'Royal Decrees must be approved by a minimum of two nobles and at least one member of the elements.' We are well within our rights, now yield the apples."

"Ah told you we don't have that many, you would have to come ba..."

"Silence," Blue Blood interrupted, "Since you do not hav the apples, I am forced to enact Royal Decree No. 10, 'Any farm that refuses to comply with Decree No. 9 can be seized in the name of the Crown until payment of a fine of 19,000 bits ($19,000,000. Exchange Rate in my story being 1 bit to $100)'."

"Ah...we can't..you can't do that."

"I'm afraid we can. Now leave the Crown's property immediately."

And thus the Apple family lost its orchard. Granny Smith decided to live among their relatives in Manehatten for a while, and Applebloom decided to live with her friend Sweety Belle at Rarity's Boutique which Rarity gladly allowed. And from that moment, Applejack decided to end her once great friendship with Twilight Sparkle.

Author's Note:

The decrees had good intentions. Blueblood found a way to exploit them though by demanding impossible amounts of produce in order to gain the orchard.

Sorry for the extremely slow updates. As I probably mentioned, I have to study a lot this year and I barely have any free time. This is a short chapter, kinda take it as a small apology for my inactivity. It will still be pretty slow though.

Comments ( 35 )

Thinking about it, it could makes sense for both sides for Equestrian to fight on the axis before switching to allies upon discovery of concentration camps

Oh, just wait until they see the concentration camps. And the almost complete genocide of an entire ethnicity. It's a good thing Equestria wasn't sent here to Earth before the French Revolution, since he's lucky to be alive... for the time being. I pity the pegasi so much, because they're gonna die from artillery, tank rounds and machine gun fire. If ponies are THAT sheltered to violence, then shell shock's gonna be waay worse for them. As for the Royal Guard, they suck eggs so much that the only reason they have a slim chance of fighting is because of their enchanted armor. I'd say that their armor is good until they're pierced with AP rounds or shrapnel from grenades or landmines. As for their weapons, it'd be near-impossible for them to attack their opponents at melee range and they'd die before they're close enough for that.

Finally, I really want Blueblood to suffer by having his horn cut off, losing his political power, title and possessions. I'd really love it if he is forced to watch as the other nobles are singled out to death by firing squad (or something) while dying a Rasputinian death. Or starve to death while being charged exorbitant prices to eat a piece of bread.

Equestria has truly picked the wrong side, since the Royal Navy can simply blockade Equestria and sink any German vessels that get close. And a few squadrons of Spitfires can level any target they set their sights on.

7733082

As for their weapons, it'd be near-impossible for them to attack their opponents at melee range and they'd die before they're close enough for that.

Keep in mind that they are not fighting alone. It is Equestria + Axis Vs Allies. Pegasi dropping grenades. Mirror pool storm troopers. Enchanted, town eating parasprites smuggled into England.

I wonder what the Wonderbolts would do. It would be interesting to see if they defect to the Allies and Rainbow's reaction to it. Applejack could form an underground Equestrian resistance movement similar to the Maquis.

Equestria is going to reap what they sow.

7733247 You misunderstand the fact that the UK is under constant attack. If they were to attempt to split off vessels in numbers large enough to blockade Equestria, then it leaves their homeland at a disadvantage. Also, since they would have to go so far, they would have long supply lines that could be easily cut by a few submarines split off from the main German Battle Group.

7741917

By this point the Battle of Britain has been won by the RAF, with only light raids happening now, and the German surface fleet has already been devastated in the Invasion or Norway, along with over 10% of its merchant fleet. As for distance, it only looks like a few hundred miles difference between the British Isles and the closest French ports to Equestria given Equestria is 4 hours west of the Azores, and the British can also sail from Gibralter. And keep in mind every submarine defending Equsestria is one not pressing the attacks against Atlantic convoys.

7575998 Hey when will the new chapter come out?

7578332 Will there be more chapters?

8028748

I am sorry for the lack of new chapters, as I am having a hard time putting aside time to actually sit down and write it well. If someone wants to adopt this story and/or continue my plot (which I will send them if they express interest in that) then they are welcome to do so. Until then I will continue to try and find some time to work on this story. Thank you all for your patience.

All I can say is I can't wait till December 7th 1941 ):)
Then Equestria is screwed

8097467

That was a quote from the actual speech that Winston Churchill made. Though I get the point, it would make this story all to fast though.

Well, if your interested, in April 19th of 1941, Venezuela had a new President (Isaias Medina Angarita) that decided to go around Latin America to gain International support. He sided with the USA by selling them oil during WWII and exiled nazis from Venezuela.

I don't think it would be hard to think that Medina Angarita would go to Equestria, in a search of not compromising Venezuela too mucho on a war Venezuela couldn't fight, to try and gain a new ally for Venezuela. I will also mention that Angarita was a general (who worked during the previous administration of Eleazar López Contreras) and that I would, foolishly, like to see Venezuela involved in this.

It would also be convenient that, once Equestria decides to take action against the Axis, Equestria already has an ally prepared to give them the resources they need to improve as a country.

I guess we don't get to see what happens next, rip

I bet luna's gonna secretly help the allies behind celestia's back.

8097467
They didn't know they existed until 1944. Also, until around 1943 the Jews were being deported, not killed. I bet they can be deported to Equestria and there will be no concentration camps.

7732927
Dude the concentration camps are going to pale in comparison when Americans drop the atom bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki. I highly doubt the equestrians are going to have any good opinions on the allies either especially the amount of war crimes they are just committed as horrendous, you got to remember in war there is no black or white it affects everyone.

Also we have to keep in mind that Equestria is the country stuck between two giants in this war no matter what they do they're going to get screwed either way. Whether its in WW2 or The Cold War or the other wars to come. Equestrians are a peaceful race at heart and respect all forms of life but that all came to an end when they came to earth and met Humanity.

The apex predator of this world and throughout our history we known war and conflict since the dawn of man. Humanity have fought so many wars and countless battles. That we are masters of it. We wrote books about wars and turned it into an art form. While equestrians were living their lives in peace and harmony and with the magic of friendship for over 1000 years.

We humans were busy killing each other and devising ways to get the upper hand on our enemies. And I don't know what kind of wars the ponies fought in their history whether it's in the show, the comics, and etc. Chances are it pales in comparison to mankind's wars just to name several There's 100 years war between the kingdom of England and the kingdom of France, the conquest wars of Genghis Khan, Alexander the Great, and the Roman Empire. The Napoleonic Wars. The American-Indian War. The American Civil War. World War I and World War II. And the list goes on and on.

They think Nightmare Moon, Discord, Queen Chrysalis, King Sombra, Lord Tirek and every other villain they faced are monsters. Compared to what Humanity has done in terms of atrocities makes them look like saints.

Because humanity doesn't fear monsters or gods.

No, it's monsters and gods that fears the humans and what they are capable of. Because we are the true race of monsters, make no mistake. We are a violent, warlike race with technology far outstripping anything the ponies has ever seen.

We as a race and our entire existence is owed to persistence, endurance, and determination. When we put ourselves to a task, it gets done, period. And this instinct is still affecting us today.

8807461
Yeah okay?

I am already fully aware both sides are not black and white so you can save your essay about the sides of humanity. The second paragraph and beyond is unneeded, sorry.

I was merely suggesting how Equestrians could appeal to both sides of the war (at least for readers).

btw the atomic bombs comes AFTER the first discovery of concentration camps so it makes sense.

8807911
Unneeded? Perhaps, but my point is equestrians are in a world of apex predators and in this world it's kill or be killed no matter what reason. Whether its to keep the peace or for conquest or for some petty revenge. My point is everything that happened BEFORE and AFTER in World War II will not shed a good light to the ponies when dealing with the humans. They were screwed when they came to the human world in this point of time. No matter what choice they choose it's going to end up with negative consequences for their race and it's going to end up pissing some country off for years to come. When they sided with the Axis powers they made themselves enemies to Allies and even if they decide to switch sides later down the road.

The Allies not going to forget what side the equestrians used to be on and would be very wary of them and chances are they're going to screw them over with some war crime BS. And lets not forget the ponies will work with the Soviet Union and Joseph Stalin (who hates monarchies with a passion) I highly doubt the equestrians and the russians going to get along well especially after they were killing each other whether it during or after Operation Barbarossa. And the Russians tended to execute enemy soldiers on the field rather taking them as prisoners of war more than often and when they do take POWs the Soviet Union prison camps were just as bad then the Jewish concentration camps if not worse.

Oh and wait until the ponies found out how the Americans treated the African Americans in both the USA and the military, especially the military most the officers actually thought African Americans would make inferior soldiers which is why most of them where either given jobs like cook, janitor, or desk clerk. And for the African Americans who actually fought on the battlefields they had to fight much harder to prove that they are capable fighters just like white counterparts and work hard to gain their respect. Which wasn't always the case for some.

Oh lets not forgot the dark history between these two races. If they think King Sombra was bad he's nothing but a footnote compared to slavery on Earth. And even after the Americans fought a civil war to end slavery they still treat African-Americans like second-class citizens during the 40's era and all the way to the 60's era.

With all that said and done I highly doubt the equestrians are going to maintain the same beliefs and lifestyle they've known for 1000 of years after this great war is over and done with. Without sacrificing something to survive in the aftermath. Because if you cannot adapt to the way things are done in the human world then you're going to be left behind and forgotten.

8808795
Like I said,

I am already fully aware both sides are not black and white so you can save your essay about the sides of humanity.

I was merely suggesting how Equestrians could appeal to both sides of the war (at least for readers), even if it's unlikely that the allies would 100% accept mid-war.

8810067
Sighs.:facehoof::ajbemused:

You're not much for conversation or debating are ya? I was expecting to have some fun about the topic but I guess I was wrong. Well i guess i wasting my time. This is last comment from me than. Later. :applejackunsure::trixieshiftleft:

8810458
I dont think there would be any debate here if i had agreed with your points anyways. Sorry.

8811044
Oh it's quite alright mate. No hard feelings. :twilightsmile:

Boo! This is a terrible turn of events! Celestia would never maje an Alliance with the bad guys, nor would she do this! Re-write this story for better please!

The story is better then what people would let you believe.
the characters are realistic and represent what they were in real life (or in lore, for the ponies).
the situation is more believable than most other similar stories.
I hope this story goes somewhere. it's pretty good.

Comment posted by jwizard deleted Jul 26th, 2018

9285539
Well I posted that a year ago and during that time went deeper and found that out, oops :) (anyway they'll find out eventually)

Will you continue this story? It would be sad to leave it without a proper ending or without finding out how WW2 will affect Equestria while being on the side of the Axis

And also this Fanfiction is really interesting and I really want to see the end of it

eat a bag of dicks blue balls!

9978765
Thanks, i made that comment about 2 years ago, and I forgot it was even there. Yeah you are right.

Is this story still going? Man, I can't remember since I last read a chapter.

Are you going to continue the story? I really want to know how it ends

Login or register to comment