• Published 18th Jan 2016
  • 4,981 Views, 164 Comments

World War 2: Never Surrender - Silver009



1941: As World War 2 rages on Adolf Hitler has defeated France. Nation after nation fall to the Nazi war machine. In the Atlantic, the appearance of a new nation will change everything.

  • ...
17
 164
 4,981

A Choice to Change History Part 2

Washington D.C. June 14, 1941 POV: The President of the USA, Franklin Roosevelt

"We are our choices." - Jean-Paul Sartre

FDR sat in his office at the White House. He looked at the sheet of paper he had been given earlier by his secretary. This paper, or rather what was on it, would change global history.

Presdent Roosevelt sighed, "It appears they have made the wrong choice. Now we must all live with the consequences."

DECLARATION OF WAR
June 13, 1941
We the ponies of the Diarchy of Equestria hereby declare war on the United Kingdom, the French Republic, and the Republic of China. We do this not out of greed, but rather in order to achieve peace and harmony in this world. We have attempted to procure a peaceful end to this war, and see no other option. Thousands of innocents have died in this war and it is in the best interest of the Equestrian populace to enter the war in order to achieve a quick and timely end to it.

Therefore it is of great displeasure and reluctance that this declaration is announced. However in order to secure the peace and harmony of this world it is of the upmost necessity and importance. We urge the United Kingdom and its commonwealth and its allies to surrender to reasonable terms made by the victors.

Signed by:

Her Royal Highness Princess Celestia

His Royal Highness Prince Blueblood

Captain Shining Armor

Witnessed by:

Element of Magic, Twilight Sparkle

Element of Loyalty, Rainbow Dash

Element of Laughter, Pinkie Pie (not that she knew what she was signing)

Element of Generosity, Rarity Belle

Element of Kindness, Fluttershy

Author's Note:

Well they have joined the Axis. I did this because
A: I have seen many stories with them in the Allies and I wanted to do something different.
B: I have a plot for them in the Axis.
C: They don't know how evil the Axis is so it is not that far-fetched as the only Germans the Equestrians have had to meet are Hitler (who is not showing his true self), Heinz (who is somewhat nice), and Rommel (also a kinder person; Twilight and co. met him in Germany).
D: Because it is my story and if you don't like the way this is going read something else, I don't really care either way.

Fluttershy and Rarity signed it mostly out of peer pressure and out of loyalty to the Princess and Twilight (who supports her desicions)

Also this was just the declaration. This was not meant to be a long chapter sorry to disappoint. You can think of it as a add on chapter to A Choice to Change History if you want.

Two names in the declaration are missing. It is purposeful. If you can guess why they abstained you will get a mention or something next chapter. -Silver009