• Published 18th Jan 2016
  • 4,981 Views, 164 Comments

World War 2: Never Surrender - Silver009



1941: As World War 2 rages on Adolf Hitler has defeated France. Nation after nation fall to the Nazi war machine. In the Atlantic, the appearance of a new nation will change everything.

  • ...
17
 164
 4,981

Red, White, Blue, and a Little More Red.

Washington D.C. February, 1941 POV: President of the USA, Franklin D. Roosevelt


I had received word from a colleague of mine, Prime Minister Winston Churchill, which stated that the island we had found in the Atlantic was inhabited by sentient horse-like creatures with magical powers. He even sent a photograph of the "ponies" known as Applejack and Rainbow Dash. I had never seen something so bizarre or strange in my entire life. My hopes, however, were lifted when the letter pointed out that these ponies were creatures of peace and harmony who wanted to coexist with us. Perhaps we could learn a thing or two on those subjects. Humanity needs all the help it can get. Unfortunately, for me, someone had leaked this information to the press, who in turn leaked it to the public. Now I was in a hastily scheduled press conference in order to answer their questions about this new species.

"Mr. President," said one reporter, "have you attempted to make contact with this new nation?"

"I'm afraid not," I replied, "the news on this new nation was sent to me rather recently. I promise you that we are scheduling a diplomatic mission to the new island nation as we speak."

"Mr. President, do you believe that these 'ponies' are a threat to national security?"

"That remains to be seen," I answered truthfully, "as I have said, this news is recent so we have been unable to access this new country's goals or what they plan to do or if it even involves the US."

"Mr President, what do you plan to do if they are hostile?"

"My colleague, Winston Churchill, has stated that they are peaceful. I will put my confidence in his view of these ponies unless given a reason otherwise."

I finally finished the press conference. A Secret Service agent pushed my wheel chair back to my office. As he left the office, I began to ponder over my situation. The wars in Europe and Asia are escalating. I already had to place an oil embargo on Japan after they annexed Vietnam from France. The United Kingdom was all on its own fighting off air raids from the Luftwaffe. And in the Atlantic, a nation of sentient, multi-colored, magical ponies had appeared from nowhere causing panic among the public and press. And I was stuck here unable to stop any of it. I wanted nothing more than restoring peace. We had all hoped for the aspect of peace after the Great War. Adolf Hitler, Mussolini, and Hirohito took that from us. The Soviets and our country had isolated themselves from the warring countries and kept to ourselves most of the days. Then something utterly shocking happened. A flash of light blinded me. When my eyes adjusted again in front of me was a letter.

"Well this is interesting," I said to myself.

To: The leader of the United States of America,

Greetings, my name is Princess Celestia, diarch of the Kingdom of Equestria. I am trying to restore peace in your world, which my kingdom arrived in earlier this year, which has been in war for a year and a half now. I have invited you and your country as well as a few other ambassadors/rulers of world powers that are in the war or passively involved in it to a peace conference in my country's capital city of Canterlot. If you wish to attend come to our county or send an ambassador in your place to Canterlot, in three days, which is located on a large mountain range in our county.

Sincerely,

Princess Celestia

So this new country likes intervene in other peoples' business. Interesting. Well there is no sense in not going. If there is a chance for peace, I might as well take it. Ending this war before it escalated to a global scale seemed like my major priority. I rolled my wheel chair over to my secretary.

"Tell the Navy to prepare a battleship or two. I am attending a meeting."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Moscow, USSR 1941 POV: General Secretary of the Soviet Union, Joseph Stalin

I was in the war room with my comrades, Generals Zhukov, Rokossovsky, and a few political and military advisors.

"So," I said "Our...friend, Hitler, has discovered a new country of horses with horns and wings. According to him they have a puny military, but are plentiful in natural resources."

"General Secretary," said Zhukov, "What is our course of action in response to this information from the Germans?"

"Well..." I was about to answer when a blinding flash of light appeared in front of us.

When the light disappeared, and we all readjusted I saw a letter*.

A peace conference? So this country will meddle with the affairs of some very powerful men. Perhaps this will be interesting.

After I had read it aloud for the generals I said, "It appears...we are going to a peace conference."

Author's Note:

*same letter as Roosevelt's, just replace United States of America with Union of Soviet Socialist Republics.

Don't worry Stalin will get more time as will Roosevelt.

Next: Winston Churchill adresses the world by radio, and gives one of his greatest speeches.

PS: Please rate, and tell me if you see any errors or have a suggestion.