• Published 18th Jan 2016
  • 4,981 Views, 164 Comments

World War 2: Never Surrender - Silver009



1941: As World War 2 rages on Adolf Hitler has defeated France. Nation after nation fall to the Nazi war machine. In the Atlantic, the appearance of a new nation will change everything.

  • ...
17
 164
 4,981

The First Meeting

Canterlot Castle POV: Lieutenant-Admiral of the Kriegmarine, Heinz Orbeik

Yesterday was a strang day for me. We had risen to the surface to battle what looked to be a British supply ship. We commenced normal procedures in which I ordered my crew to launch the torpedo, and as usual the unsuspecting convoy went down. We commenced the second procedure as usual where a few crewmembers, me included, went up to the deck to see if their were any survivors. Then something very unusual happened. A bright flash of light blinded me and when my eyes had adjusted I saw an island that had appeared from nowhere.

"Look, Captain," said Herman, a sergeant who had come aboard when we had docked in Dunkirk, "a island!"

"Sergeant, are there any island chains that we happen to be sailing near, like the Azores?" I asked still shocked.

"No, Captain," he replied, "we passed the Azores three hours ago there should be open water for at least four days sailing."

"We should report this to the High Command," said one of the soldiers on the deck, "they would want to know about this."

"I will go and tell them on a secure line (Enigma)," I replied.

As we neared the island I saw very strange sights through the binoculars. I first saw, on a large mountain, a castle that reminded me of one of those Middle Ages castles in France or Germany. The next thing I saw made me question my sanity. I saw three small equine creature that I believe to be some kind of horse hybrid. One was white and had a pink and purple mane, and had what looked to be a stump or a screwdriver on its head. The next had a orange coat and to my surprise it looked like it had wings! The last one had a yellow coat and seemed to be normal except it seemed to be conversing with the other two horses.

Today the führer himself gave us permission to land on the island and find the leader, and make contact. Herman and I decided to go alone. We also decided that the castle seemed like the most reasonable place to find their leader. It was a surprisingly short hike up the mountain we had scaled it in 5 hours and eventually we had arrived at a gate with a horse in gold armor standing guard. I assumed English would be the most reasonable language to try.

"Hello, we come in peace," I started, "we wish to see your leader, and....."

"AAHH!!! MONSTER AHHH...!" the guard galloped straight through the gate with abject terror on his (I assume) face.

"Well," I said to Herman, "I guess it would be rude just to walk in let's wait they are sure to come out to talk."

The guard came out shivering and said,"if you want...to see...our princess your...leader will have to come alone."

"Very well."

Once I was let in I met a nice equine, who is the Captain of the Guard, named Shining Armor. He was a white equine, pony apparently, with a horn and a blue mane. He questioned me for a little while and I answered honestly, so he said o could meet this Princess Celestia (What a ridiculous name, I had thought it my head.) On the way I learned a lot about his country. I learned about the three races: Earth, Pegasi, and the Unicorns. I had learned how their princesses controlled to sun and moon, I am still skeptical on that, and that they had somehow lost the ability when they had appeared in our world (after which I explained how the Earth rotates around the sun, though after I finished he laughed and said "impossible".) Eventually we arrived at the castle where he departed. I walked in the throne room, and saw marvelous glass pictures. I admired them for a momement, and then saw the tallest pony I had saw so far. She was pure white, like Shining Armor, and had a strangely flowing rainbow mane that seemed to defy the Laws of Gravity. She had a crown so I assumed she was Princess Celestia, so I bowed.

"Greetings your majesty," I said, "I am Lieutenant-Admiral Heinz Orbeik of the German Kriegmarine, though you may call me Heinz."

The Princess smiled at that and said, "Hello, Heinz, I am Princess Celestia of Equestria. I rule this kingdom with my sister, and fellow diarch, Princess Luna who is sleeping at the moment."

"Sleeping?" I ask, "it is only mid-day."

"Since Luna is princess of the moon she sleeps in the day and wakes at night," Celestia answered, laughing a little at my question.

"So...," I said, "let's start the official business shall we? I, temporarily, represent the German Third Reich while my führer, Adolf Hitler, is sailing here on the Bismark."

"Oh...I have already sent my student Twilight Sparkle (I smirked at this) and her friends as ambassadors to your country. In fact she should be their already along with her friends Rarity, Fluttershy, and Pinkie Pie who teleported. Her other friends, Applejack and Rainbow Dash, felt more comfortable flying by carriage over some islands and will reach your country, which I heard about in a dream Luna told me about, in a day or two."

"Wait!" I said frantically.

"What's wrong," she said looking concerned.

"Those islands they are flying over are part of a country called the United Kingdom."

"So?"

"We are at war with them, and have been bombing them for a while now. If they see anything in the sky they will shoot it down."

Author's Note:

Heinz is part of Hitler's "perfect" Aryan race by the way. He is not a Nazi, though is part of the Kriegmarine.

Expect about a chapter or two a day, so I can recharge my creativity.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter - Silver009