• Published 18th Jan 2016
  • 4,980 Views, 164 Comments

World War 2: Never Surrender - Silver009



1941: As World War 2 rages on Adolf Hitler has defeated France. Nation after nation fall to the Nazi war machine. In the Atlantic, the appearance of a new nation will change everything.

  • ...
17
 164
 4,980

We Shall Fight on the Beaches

Radio POV: Third Person

The whole world waits in anticipation as Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain, prepares to give his speech. Churchill hopes to ignite the fighting spirit of the British Empire and it's Commonwealth. The speech will be broadcasted over the radio to reach all the world in order to inspire and invigorate the Allied soldiers and demoralize those of the Axis Powers. Hitler waits in the Equestrian throne room along with Princess Celestia and Lieutenant-Admiral Heinz Orbeik, all listening for what the Prime Minister is about to say. Hitler hopes that the speech will backfire and further demoralize the Allied forces. The Princess, however, listens to find out the character of the prime minister she is going to meet at the peace conference. In the United States, Franklin D. Roosevelt listens to his radio as he prepares to leave for the peace conference.

"And now the Prime Minister Winston Churchill," says the radio announcer.

Churchill's booming, loud voice begins.

"We shall not flag or fail...We shall go on to the end..."

"We shall fight in France, we shall fight in the seas and oceans..."

"We shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air!"...

"We shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be..."

"We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds"

"We shall fight in the fields and in the streets"

"We shall fight in the hills..;

"WE SHALL NEVER SURRENDER!"

After the speech ends, in the Canterlot throne room, Princess Celestia turns to Adolf Hitler.

"You have made quite the speaker as your enemy," she remarks with a grin.

"Hmmm...I suppose so...," answered Hitler who was now deep in thought.

Author's Note:

This chapter was inspired by a WW1 and WW2 documentary I watched over the weekend, which I recommend to all those who enjoy learning about WW1 or WW2.

The documentary with this excerpt of the speech is called The World Wars: A Rising Threat

Or you can search up " The World Wars: We shall fight on the beaches Heart of Courage" (the background song) on YouTube if you want to see it without watching 3, 1 hour documentaries.

This chapter is a little short, so I give a sincere apology for those who wanted the chapters to be longer, and I promise the peace conference chapters will be much longer. Consider this chapter an interlude, even though we are not half-way yet.

-Silver009