• Published 19th Nov 2015
  • 11,252 Views, 487 Comments

Tales from Tinies. - MrAquino



An anthology of different tales involving small humans in a world filled with giant ponies.

  • ...
104
 487
 11,252

PreviousChapters Next
The Mute and the Guards.

Author's Note:

The first of my own miniseries. Hope you enjoy.

My name is Joseph, and I’m a child thief for the last few months. I was taken from my family during my sleep from the Vanishing, and awoke in a world ran by gigantic, man-eating ponies. As much as I wanted to scream, I could not; for my life, I’ve been a mute. A surgery was performed on me when I was a baby left me with the inability to speak, something that’s been tough, especially when no one knows sign language. I doubt these ponies even know how sign language works… or if they’ll be happy to have someone that’s not screaming in their belly.

As mentioned, when I first landed here, I was lost, unsure as to what's going on. All I could see was that I was in a large alleyway, with piles of garbage that were like hills, and loud clip-clopping of hooves. When I peeked out, I could see was giant horses, ranging in colors, and even more gigantic buildings with a castle in the distance.If I hadn't seen it, I would probably be a snack to somepony; I simply saw another person, a teenager, run for his life before being pounced upon by one of the ponies. The pony grabbed them by their feet with her teeth, and as much as the teenager begged for her to stop, she slurped him in, tossing him around, then swallowed him whole. That sight was able to make me whimper, quickly hiding and tearing up, realizing that I was just food for them. Of course, I didn't know their stomach was safe, but was I really going to be fine being swallowed by a pony and told a potential lie just to have me stop moving? I highly doubt it.

Now, if you're wondering, no, I didn't have a place to sleep in. I've tried the local ‘Tiny’ village, a term that feels too correct in this situation, but the place was already crowded, and the orphanage was probably a death trap. I watched in terror as ponies went to the orphanage and had the money to buy some kids; it was like the orphanage was a fast food restaurant and the kids were like chicken nuggets. I wasn't going to wind up as a snack to somepony, and nor was I going to be cramped with people that are only doing this for protection. Though I have no idea where my family was at, I know they're probably here, and I was going to find them.

For most of my time, I became a bit of a thief, but it was nothing too crazy. A bit here, a berry there, nothing too crazy that will get the ponies to suspect anything. Truth be told, I've been doing this for a long time, it's basically become second nature to me. It's mostly at night, where everyone in the house is asleep, but there have been times when I entered places where everyone's awake, mostly for a party or a gathering of some sort. If I'm really lucky, they'll be too busy chasing another person to notice me, something that I know is kinda wrong, but necessary for survival. But, I wouldn't be here just to say how good of a thief I am without getting caught, would I?

It was another day of me, as I shimmied up a drain pipe to the window of another house. The house was really large, luxurious looking, probably a rich family; they already have a lot, might as well give something to the poor. With a jump to the window sill, I carefully opened the window with a pin I used, just opening it to let me crawl in. The place shined with cleanliness, something to be expected in these homes, especially in the kitchen. I almost squeaked, but in the kitchen, snoring away with the table, was one of the ponies. He looked pretty young, with a bright red coat & a pink mane, but that's not what surprised me. The pony wore golden armor & boots, excluding the helmet. It was a royal guard, most likely for that ‘Celestia’ they worship. I bet she caused the vanishing.

I was lucky to see that he was sleeping away. The table was covered with various fruit and vegetables, probably for a salad. Carefully, I climbed my way down and quickly hid under one of the legs of the table. A low growl came from my stomach, to which I patted it, assuring it was going to get it's fill. With another hop, I began to climb up the table. It didn't take long for me to reach the top, but as soon as I was up, I went to the nearest blueberry and chowed down. I missed the taste of candy, and meat in general, though this world made more appreciative of my fruits and veggies. But my luck was at an end.

CLINK!!!

I realized that I was under a glass cup, looking eye to eye with one of the ponies.

“GOTCHA!!!” He taunted with a bit of a raspy voice.. I was frozen stiff, quickly realizing that I was caught. The pony that had caught me was grey with a purple mane, and a pretty bushy beard. He was a pegasus, indicated by the wings, which probably meant he was flying in rather quietly before seeing me eating. Sweat began to fall down my head, not just from the heat I’m making in the glass cup, but from the fact that the pony’s most definitely going to eat me.

“Private!” The Pegasus yelled. Sleeping pony woke up with a snort, right before stretching with a long yawn, and smacking his lips.

“Oh, hey Snapper,” He spoke rather nonchalantly. “Is it Lunch time?”

“No, Lazy Bones! Look what I found in the kitchen.” The pegasus pointed at me with one of his wings. The other looked at me with squinted eyes.

“... That’s one weird bug.” He got a slap behind the head. “Ow! Hey, I was joking!”

“And were you the one who brought this Tiny in to steal from us?”

“... No… but-”

“But nothing! You need to stay awake, private! If this was with Celestia, you’d be fired!” The serious pony turned to me before licking his lips. “And I know what to do with you.” He lifted the glass just a bit for two of his feathers to enter. I could only whimper and crawl backwards, feebilishly attempting to stay away from the finger-like feathers, but failed miserably. His strength was way too much for me, not even when I attempted to grab onto the table did he stop for a second. All I could see was his nostrils, who took deep sniffs, getting my smell first. Only one mighty blow came from his nostrils, a snort of disgust.

“Ugh! He smells like one of Cheese Sandwich’s Taleggio…. I wonder if you taste just as good.” I began to struggle for freedom, hyperventilating as I felt myself being slowly taken into the stallion’s maw. His rancid breath assaulted my nostrils, making me tear up. Past my teary vision, I saw the death traps that was his teeth, each ready to grind me up into paste, and if I wasn’t chewed up, there was his throat, leading to my grave. I wanted to scream loudly, perhaps even beg for forgiveness and apologize for what I’ve done, but even if I did, I would be too delicious for him to listen. Then, he released. First thing I felt was landing on the super soft, but firm, and slimy organ that was his tongue. The light that went into his mouth vanished as he closed his mouth. As much as I wanted too, I was too petrified with fear to even move a muscle, essentially becoming a ragdoll, especially when he began to toss me around, tasting me in his mouth. Only fearful squeaks escaped from me, which were quickly muted out by his murrs. I was too tasty for him to stop, and all I could do was tear up, wishing that my mom and dad were here.

The organ rose up, and I felt myself sliding down into his throat… no! I’m not going to become somepony’s snack! I’m not going to die here! I’m going to find my parents, and we’re going to get out of this deathtrap! I turned around and held onto the back of the tongue, with my feet just barely dangling down into his throat. If I was right, then hitting the uvula would make him puke… it was going to be disgusting, but it’s that or becoming a part of this pony. The pony seemed to notice and attempted to swallow me again, much harder this time. I felt myself slip down; this was my only shot. I let go and jumped to the uvula, and almost like something from a movie, I smacked the uvula with both of my fists before falling down. A loud growling was heard as I fell down his throat, and I braced myself, both for the acids that will burn me, and for the impact that was going to happen.

HURK… BLECH!!!

I felt myself flying out of the stallion’s mouth and slide across the floor in a stream of his stomach acids and whatever he ate. The stallion took deep breaths, probably a long time since he’s thrown up, but looked at me with rage in his eyes. It was my cue to get out. As fast as I could, I got up and made a run for it, not wanting to be in his mouth again, and be eaten for real.

“GET BACK HERE!!!” He yelled with rage, sprinting towards me. I picked up the pace, but turned and saw his face just a few feet away from me with his mouth open. A squeak came from me as he tried to chomp me.

CLACK!!!

I ducked and ran under him, panting with each second. He turned around and resumed his chase with me.

CLACK!!! CLACK!!!

I was too focused on him, so I slammed into the wall, face first, knocking me down. My vision was blurred for a second, but I saw him looking down at me with a malicious grin. Another squeak came out of me, and I tried to run away, but his hooves blocked my path. Only a nervous gulp came from me.

“Hehehe… nice try, but we can do this the easy way,” He closed his hooves together and began to drag me towards him. “Or the hard way.” He opened his maw, awaiting for me to enter. Either hop right in or try to delay the inevitable… I chose the latter, trying to climb over his hooves. It didn't work, even with the fur on his hooves. All I could do was pray that it was painless… And if it's possible, I can be with my parents in heaven.

“What are you doing!?” … Mom!? The stallion stopped and turned his head right behind him. Walking to us was a snow white pegasus mare with a bit of a flowing, green mane with pink edges. She looked a bit like an angel. “Snapper! Is that a Tiny colt?”

“I’m just doing my job, Lovey Dovey.” He replied before turning back to me. “This Tiny thought he can steal from us!”

“Snapper! Look at him. He's lost and scared, alone, probably away from his friends and family.”

“Don't care! He’s a criminal, and criminals get the same treatment.”

“... Do that, and I’ll tell Celestia that you broke A-113.”

“WHAT!?!? You can't be-!”

“The endangerment of a Tiny’s life? Yes. I am going to use that on you. Now, if you please be so kindly, I’d like to see our visitor.” He glared at her, then turned to me.

“You're lucky this time.” He stood up and walked away. “LAZYBONES!!! We got a mess to clean!”

“Yours, not mine!” The other stallion replied. I looked up to the pony that seemingly saved me, very thankful, but frightened at the same time. She smiled rather mother-like.

“I'm sorry for Snapper’s attitude. He tends to be focused on the job rather than what others feel. And Lazybones tends to take more naps than the average pony, so sorry if he wasn't able to help. I’m Lovey Dove, the… well, the considerate one in this station. Can I get your name, little one?”

I didn’t know what to do. I obviously couldn’t speak, so they couldn’t get my name, and I didn’t know any sign language, so I couldn’t communicate with them. Even if I did somehow learn sign language, these ponies don’t have any fingers to help talk to me.

Lovey Dovey’s smile melted into a concerned frown. “You do have a name, don’t you?”

I quickly nodded at her. “Can you tell me what it is?”

I shook my head. “You can’t tell me your name because you don’t want to?”

Sadly, I shook my head again. “Because you can’t?”

I stifled a little sniffle and tears began to leak from my eyes. I shook my head, and Lovey Dovey gasped, covering her mouth. “Oh, dear, so that’s why you haven’t screamed or pleaded for yourself! You can’t speak at all, can you?”

I nodded once more and then the dam finally cracked in the seams. Ashamed, I covered my hands over my eyes and tried to cry, but my voice only came out as distressed little squeaks. Suddenly, I felt two giant hooves scoop me up from the floor as Lovey Dovey brought me to her chest, gently patting me and nuzzling me.

“Oh, there, there. You poor little colt. I am so sorry you can’t speak. I know how awful it must be to not have a voice to speak or sing,” Lovey Dovey cooed, nuzzling me and my hair. I sobbed into the mare’s fur, soaking it to the skin, clenched her fur as my hands released all that stressed energy inside of them. “But I promise to take good care of you as much as I can, whether or not you can speak for yourself.”

She plucked me up with her feathers, making me gasp. Her wings unfolded, becoming sort of like a hand for me. If I could speak, the first thing I would say is how comfortable her wings are, with them as soft as a cloud. Though, I practically sunk into her feathers, in which the wing folded, with me in the middle.

“Don't worry, I've got you. You need a bath, then we’ll try to chat.”

I really couldn't do anything, but her rocking movements of her walking was so relaxing. It was like a mommy rocks her child to sleep in her arms, except I’ve found a new mommy in this pony, and the was she carried me with her feathers tucked in as she walked was something like that. Truth be told, I wasn't really sure what to feel; happiness because I was going to live, fear because I was with a pony that could swallow me, contusion as to why she strangely sounded like my mom, and disgust as I realized I was still covered in pony vomit. But it didn't take long for her to pull me out and set me on the sink in some bathroom. A plug was only needed as Lovey Dovey filled the sink with warm water and soap.

“There we go, your bath is ready.” She spoke before walking out of the door, turning to me. “Take all the time you need. My friend, Fastball, will be here in an hour. Don't worry, he’s also nice, even if he’s a bit competitive.”

She closed the door as she left.

I wasn't sure what to do. In one way, I can try to make my way out and escape, but what's not to say they were waiting for me, or if she was nice and I was going to be a jerk. This split me down the middle, but not only was Lovey Dovey really nice to me, what's not from saying she's my mom? With a brave face, I began to clean myself, though I kept a piece of soap with me; if this was a trick, I’ll be prepared.

The time, while a bit long, was alright, if I can say so. My bath time allowed me to look back when I was younger, with my parents, how I hated taking a bath and would have a hissy fit about it… the memories made me tear up a bit. I didn't have a lot of quiet times, most of which was me sleeping under piles of trash to avoid being seen, but the baggage I had finally came out. In retrospect, I was kinda becoming like a machine, making my survival lime clockwork, following a built in schedule for myself. Just by cleaning myself was able to get me to realize how much I’ve missed my old life… and how dirty I was.

As soon as I dried myself off, the door opened, bringing in another pony. It was another stallion, a unicorn, indicated by the horn sticking of his head and mane. His coat was also snow white, similar to Lovey Dovey’s, but his mane & tail was red with some blue edges.

“... Huh, so you're the kid Lovey Dovey told me about?” he asked in my father's voice. I was still, but I nodded. He smiled right at me. “Very gutsy of you, what you did… no pun intended. You remind me a lot of me when I was your age… minus being eaten… and… being able to speak.” I let out annoyed grunt. “Ok, my bad, shouldn’t have gone that far.” His horn glowed blue, encasing me in his magic. I gasped at the sudden sense of being held by what was nothing, but something at the same time. The soap piece I held dropped from my grasp. He noticed the small piece fall to the floor. “Huh… were you prepared just in case any of us would eat you?”

I stared fearfully, but nodded. He looked at me, rather puzzled.

“Are you really that scared of us? I mean, being intimidated is one thing, but you’re acting like we’re monsters.”

I nodded with some whimpers, remembering many of those people his kind swallowed whole.

“... Oh! You don’t know about that, do you?”

I let out a bit of a curious sound. What was he getting at?

“Yeah, it’s really weird, but not only do you taste good, but you’re safe in our stomach.”

It was my turn to look appalled. How can it be safe in anyone’s stomach? This has got to be a trick.

“I know, it’s weird, I can’t really explain it.” Then I heard his stomach growl. My entire face went pale as he looked at his belly, then to me, licking his lips. “You know, it’s easier to show than to tell.”

Why did I have to drop that soap? I should’ve held onto it… now, I’m nothing more but a snack. My mind and body went into overdrive as I attempted to get out of his magic, who slowly began to carry me into his open mouth. The cleanliness, shine, and lights went into his mouth, showing me everything from his tongue, teeth, drool, and lit the abyss that was his throat. All I could imagine was seeing landing in his stomach and seeing skeletons of his past victims in there. His lips closed on me, with my upper half in his mouth and my legs kicking out of it. His tongue lapped at my face, making me close my eyes and tighten my lips as I felt his saliva all over me, matting my hair and just making everything slimy.

SLURP!!!

Just like a noodle, I was tossed into his mouth, where he began to toss me around in his mouth. He let out some murrs, saying that I was delicious to him, something that made me wish I didn’t take that bath. All I could do was hold on to his tongue, in hopes of survival once again.

“Hello? Did you two meet each other yet?” I heard Lovey Dovey’s voice spoke past the muffled jaws. “Oh! Fastball! There you are! Where’s-”

GLURK!!!

I felt myself fall into his throat. If I could scream, I would, but it seemed Lovey Dovey did that for me… followed by her doing the heimlich maneuver on him, making him gag with each thrust, and me going up.

BLECH!!!

I was launched out of yet another stallion’s mouth, roughly on the floor, where I gasped for air again. There was no chance, I’m not going to risk it. My legs went fast as I made a run for it, not wanting to be eaten a third time, with that one being my end. Survival was going to be my thing; these ponies were going to be my end.

“No! Wait! Come back!” Lovey Dovey spoke, running towards me.

Nope! Not going to risk it! She may have saved me twice, but it’s not enough for me to stay here. For all I know, that one called Lazybones was going to have me in a sandwich. The next thing that I noticed was that I was lifted by those finger-like feathers, which only made me squeal like an animal.

“No, please, I’m sorry for that! Please, stay with us!”

No! Leave me alone! I’m not going to die today! I don’t care what you have to say, it’s not-

♬Lullaby, and good night, in the skies stars are bright.

May the moon's silvery beams bring you sweet dreams.

Close your eyes now and rest, may these hours be blessed.

'Til the sky's bright with dawn, when you wake with a yawn.♬

...That song… I remember it… it was what my mother sang… it… it…

♬Lullaby, and good night, you are mother's delight.

I'll protect you from harm, and you'll wake in my arms.

Sleepyhead, close your eyes, for I'm right beside you.

Guardian angels are near, so sleep without fear.

Lullaby, and good night, with roses bedight.

Lilies o'er head, lay thee down in thy bed.

Lullaby, and good night, you are mother's delight.

I'll protect you from harm, and you'll wake in my arms.

Lullaby, and sleep tight, my darling sleeping.

On sheets white as cream, with a head full of dreams.

Sleepyhead, close your eyes, I'm right beside you.

Lay thee down now and rest, may your slumber be blessed.

Go to sleep, little one, think of puppies and kittens.

Go to sleep, little one, think of butterflies in spring.

Go to sleep, little one, think of sunny bright mornings.

Hush, darling one, sleep through the night,

Sleep through the night,

Sleep through the night.♬

My struggling had stopped. All that filled my eyes were tears. This was the second time I broke down, but this was both the longest, and most effective. I could only cry in Lovey Dovey’s wings, wanting nothing more but to not just be with my parents again, but feel safe instead of running for my life, frightened by everything. Lovey Dovey must’ve known and patted me carefully with her her other wing.

“It’s okay, you’re safe with me.”

Those were the only words I needed. I could trust her. My parents are probably not here, or they are, just nowhere near me. This… well, I had to take in, but with Lovey Dovey… I don’t want to sound crazy, but I may have found one half of my parents already. Not so sure about Fastball… he does sound like my dad, but he did try to eat me.

Lovey Dovey took me into another room, where her bed, a bunk bed, laid below another one with two other beds nearby. Near her bed was a helmet, a chestplate, and some boots, letting me know that she was like a knight with the others, but wasn’t hard on someone as small as me. She gently placed me on her bed before nuzzling me.

“I’m going to have a word with them about this. I hope we can help you find your family tomorrow.” She reassured me before walking out and turning off some lights.

For once, since my arrival here, I felt hope. Hope that I can be with my family once again. That, or I’ll be with someone, or in this case, somepony that’s really close to family. Once the soft bed, I closed my eyes and fell asleep, at once, not having to worry about something trying to eat me.

Thump-ThumpThump-Thump… Thump-Thump.

I awoke to the sound of something that sounded like drums. All I could feel around me was warm wind that smelled of apples, lying on something that was really cozy, but firm. My first thought was that I was outside, and perhaps this whole ordeal was a dream… until I felt wet. Everything soon came to as my eyesight adjusted; I was in somepony’s stomach! Panic came into me as I began to look everywhere for an exit, somewhere to avoid digestion! Then I heard Lovey Dovey’s voice.

“Oh, I was wondering when you were going to wake up. You’ve been inside me for almost the whole night.”

The whole night!? How!?

“I’m sorry, but I wasn’t sure if any of the other guys would listen to me, so I gently swallowed you with my apple tea.” I felt her hoof rubbing her belly, right where I was at. “I never got your name. Can you spell it out for me?”

I wasn’t really sure what she meant, or even if what she was saying is the truth. I reached out and touched her stomach wall, making her giggle. Truth be told, I didn’t feel any burning, nor did I see anything melting away. Maybe she was telling the truth… or digestion hasn’t begun yet. Either way, I began to spell my name via poke-writing her stomach.

“Hmm… Joseph? I like that name.” She rubbed her belly once again, pinning me down a bit. “I’m going to sleep now. I’ll be sure to let you out first thing in the morning.”

Again, I wasn’t sure if it was through her mouth, or through the… emergency exit. Either way, I couldn’t find a way out per say, but the place soon got to me; it’s warmth, the thumping of her heart, her breathing, and gurgles made my eyes heavy. Truth be told, it wasn’t really bed in here. In a few moments, I passed out and fell asleep in Lovey Dovey’s stomach, letting fate decide what will happen. The last thing that I could hear was Lovey Dovey letting out a small, but noticeable, burp.

PreviousChapters Next