• Published 19th Nov 2015
  • 11,247 Views, 487 Comments

Tales from Tinies. - MrAquino



An anthology of different tales involving small humans in a world filled with giant ponies.

  • ...
104
 487
 11,247

PreviousChapters Next
My Humble Butler (Guest)

Author's Note:

A new series made by OddStallion. A bit new to writing, but he did a great job!

Date of disappearances started on November 15th 2015. Alex Monroe had been investigating these disappearances for a year, fresh out of college and working to become the world’s greatest detective - even if he was currently broke and living in a run-down apartment. He was nonetheless determined to find out why people were disappearing and where to.

Alex sat at his desk eying the online news sites: CNN, politico, Fox - anything to give him even a shred of new information on the disappearances that had been escalating at an alarming rate. The individual didn’t matter, be it convicts, families, rich, poor, middle-class, religion, political allegiances. People were disappearing and they needed to be found regardless of background.

The police were stunned at this new predicament; FBI couldn’t find any leads; CIA...well they were always busy with some form of terrorism. These disappearances had brought with them chaos and anarchy. Riots were a common sight, lootings were at an all time high. People were scared, as was he. However, he was trying to figure out why these disappearances were happening, and where these individuals left. As he progressed

His paranoid neighbors came up with theories of their own. Harold, a drastically overweight man in his mid 50s, proclaimed it was Aliens from Zebar 9. As tempting as it was to say the possibility was there, Alex would interject and ask where such a spacecraft could be, then Harold would be in a bit of a mental stump for a few days trying to explain his conundrum.

While Herald was a fanatic, Mrs. Gail was a religiously-inclined individual. Alex had nothing against religion, unless it involved sacrificing individuals on an altar… Mrs. Gail theorized it could be the Book of Revelations coming true, so she would pray and thank God for such a manifestation. Alex did see some connection to the old Biblical stories of the Rapture, with individuals being taken up by divine light. However, if this were the case, then where are the demons and angels now? Shouldn’t they be fighting in the streets, or the four horsemen riding on their steeds of death and doom? No; he needed more concrete evidence.

Alex had downloaded a program that one of his I.T. Buddies conceived to find connections where most police, FBI and CIA personnel could not. To his dismay though, his buddy had a very eccentric sense of humor, only known to him. His program was namedTwilight Sparkles. Alex let out a heavy sigh of annoyance, “Of all the things you could’ve named it, you had to go with a very poorly made teen, vampire romance story.” He rubbed his temple, then sucked up his shame and made a mental note to change the name of the program later. Right now, people’s lives are at stake. He clicked on the Vampire teeth icon on his desktop.

A grey box appeared on his screen, with a sprite of a shirtless Jacob waving to him, the words Hi - I’m Twilight Sparkles, how can I help you today? He exhaled and typed in his findings, clicking on the ‘Find correlation and possible next victims’ once activated the loading bar appeared and a Edward with a magnifying glass in front of Jacob as he belly danced to the left on the screen. Alex remembered that his I.T. Friend said it’d take either an entire day or a couple of minutes for the program to figure out the correlation and make an accurate prediction of who was possibly next. In the meantime, he swiveled his chair around and stared at the opposite wall covered in newspaper articles, maps of cities, and various items that the victims left behind before disappearing.

There had to be some sort of correlation, but what? He absentmindedly looked back at his computer; the small sprite was still working hard, dancing endlessly in the void. Then he looked back at his wall, a small sheet of paper showing when the victims would disappear. The time of day didn’t matter either. The time would vary from 7am to 12am; that would give him a twelve hour gap just to figure out who would disappear next. Perhaps the most notable and strange thing about the disappearances was that roughly 20% of the victims would write down an account of a strange dream: a dream about an otherworldly land, inhabited by giant equines and governed by two rulers.

“No!” This was too crazy, even for him - cartoon ponies linked to disappearances?! Then again, he lived with crazy people in his apartment complex; perhaps some of their craziness had rubbed off on him. He felt like he needed some air, and so getting up from his chair he walked to his door, grabbed his jacket and hat and went out for a short walk. Maybe then, he thought, I might find the answers that I’ve been seeking.

He walked down the apartment halls, past the paint peeling off of the walls, down the flight of stairs to the small foyer of the complex. He opened the front door and walked into the busy streets of Chicago. Fewer cars were seen these days; as more and more people vanished, fewer seemed to even bother with driving cars since it seemed needless.

Alex missed this bustling city’s usual noise - people talking (or rather, the few that weren’t staring down at their cell phones all day), old Georgies Hot Dog Stand - now the city seemed more like a ghost town, void of anything living.

He turned a corner to think about other possibilities that could have influenced these disappearances. Sun Spots? No, then everyone would be fried. Dimensions overlapping was a possibility...as his mind wondered he noticed something glinting in front of him. He raised his head to see a Hispanic kid, no older than fifteen, wearing an orange hoodie jacket, jeans, and sneakers.

Alex stood surprised as his mind contemplated what to do exactly...he could watch the kid disappear to wherever he was going, then document the results - and maybe find a way to end this epidemic; or he could save him. Sacrificing himself was not a desirable option, but he felt like the kid was running out of time. The kid screamed for help as he became brighter and brighter. Alex felt a surge of energy as he ran towards the kid, who was becoming blindingly bright now; Alex had to shield his eyes with his left arm as he continued to charge until he managed to push the kid down. Upon hitting the ground, the kid dimmed down till he was no longer brightened up. However, upon contact with the him, Alex began to glow a bright white light. The last thing he saw before disappearing himself was the kid’s wide eyes transfixed on his savior.


When Alex awoke, the ringing in his ears from his transportation was dying finally, he blinked several times adjusting his eyesight to his new surrounding. Trees, yes trees, syrrounded him, but something was off about them- they were tall, not just tall, but taller than a skyscraper. The grass, was waist high, a single dandelion was about as tall as a as a lightpost. " Where the Heck am I?” Wait... Was this a side effect of his transportation? He tried again, “What the F-Fudge!?” ‘Great.’. He thought to himself. He can’t swear, must be a side effect of teleportation. This he thought to himself couldn’t get any more worse that was until he heard a booming, yet strangely not too booming voice behind him.

“Oy lads, found anutha for yah!” a cockney accent. He turned around to find a large stallion, if you could call it that. It had huge fish eyes like from 1920-30s cartoons realized, the stallion if you could call it that towered over 36ft,

“T-this is insane!” Alex said as he slowly recoiled away from the gigantic creature.

“Eh yeah, it is lad, but i’m being paid to do it, so sorry mate.” before Alex could protest or run he was pinned down by the stallions right forelegged hoof.

Alex struggled under the immense weight of the sentient creature. How is this possible? Why am i not crushed? Where the Fuck am i? his thoughts raced with impossibilities and ilogic this world has. The Stallion in the meantime picked up Alex like he was nothing more than a piece of candy and threw him into the pouch on the stallions back. Once inside the pouch he tried to climb up, but the smooth leathery interior was covered in some sort of lubricant to keep small humans from escaping, plus the pouch was rather large and the rim of the pouch seemed to be about fifteen feet up so he’d be unable to climb out, even though it seemed within reach. He slumped down, defeated, broken, and maybe going partially insane he slumped to his corner of the pouch to sulk.

“Howdy!” a southern tone warmly greeted from the other corner of the pouch Alex turned to find a young man probably about a year younger than him, laying with his arms behind his back, and chewing on a piece of hay. The man was about six-foot-one blonde hair, blue eyed, well built (from his southern tone he guess this man was a farmer from Wisconsin, or somewhere in the south of the USA). He wore a black trench coat, cowboy hat, jeans,leather boots with spurs, and a Black T-Shirt with a picture of a silhouetted Cowboy riding a horse towards a blood red sun.

“Another human! Oh thank god! How-where are we, do you know?” Alex asked in a desperate tone.

“Don’t know” he said shrugging apathetically.

“But surely you know something right?”

“Nope” frustrated he pursued in his endeavors to gain some sort of knowledge,

“Well what is this placed called?”

" A pouch” he said with a smirk. Annoyed Alex motioned his arms widely,

“This place! The land!”

" Equestria” the farm boy added with a hint of pride.

Great i’m dealing with a smart ass southerboy, he internally said to himself- wait did he say Equestria? ”D-did you say Equestia? As in a place of horse people?”

“Eeyup.”

Alex got a flashback of his little cousin’s obsession on the dream journals he had encountered on his investigation. A land of pony’s resided was Equestria. It made sense, in a crazy way it did, but why in God, or maybe Gods, name is he in world of gigantic ponies? And how the hell did he get there? And why was he being captured? And why did the stallion actually look alright and not some abomination!? His mind quickly filled with questions, scenarios, all of which he didn’t like.

“I’m from Kentucky”

“What?”

“I’m from Kentucky” the southern man repeated then he outstretching his hand for Alex, " Names Johnathan Mchenry” he said as Jonathan reached his hand to Alex. Alex walked over slowly since the stallion movement was mimicked in the pouch as he shook John’s hand, he underestimated the young man’s strength; It felt like his handshake was almost a hand crush.

“You’ve got quite the grip there, Mr. John” he said trying ignore the pain, “Names Alex, Alex Monro. So what where you doing before well all of this?” he asked in a curious tone. John shifted to get more comfortable position in the moving pouch.

“See, I’m a farmer, normally we’d only have to worry about minks, thieves, and maybe the occasional coyote, but I was riding my horse to inspect my herd of cattle, next thing I knew, I was glowing a bright white, and ended up here. Then i got captured by this fella here.” he gestured at the pouch. Alex nodded at johns story, it made sense bright light, then teleportation to a strange new world. “What about you, bucco? You seem like a city slicker, but maybe a bit smarter. Where are you from?” john asked curiously. Alex sighed and began to regail everything that had transpired with him. He told john his year long investigation into the disappearances in the real world, and how he ended up here. When alex finished john sat up for his entire story, “Seems like you’d be celebrated if you were still home, and you figured out how people disappeared. However, sacrificing yourself to save sum kid from disappearing to this place is pretty remarkable.” Alex nodded, then the movement in the pouch seemed to cease. They’d stopped.

Before Alex could say a word the orientation of his leather area changed to him the world seemed to quickly turn upside down, and he and John were falling, tumbling out of the bag and onto a metal floor. Alex’s world blacked out upon hitting his head on the metallic floor. When he awoke his mind was still regaining some semblance of orientation. The room was spinning, he could taste metal in his mouth. As Alex regained his balance he moved forward to lean on something, which helped for a moment. He found himself grasping something metal, hard, cylindrical in design. When the fuzzy double vision subsided he found himself staring at metal bars. he suddenly realized he was in a cage - a God damn cage like some sort of animal.

Then he began to notice several other gigantic cages all around him all of them holding humans, about thirty in each cage. In total for each cage there was about 20 about six hundred total humans well six-hundred and two including him and Jonathan. He glanced over at his southern acquaintance to see the same shock on his face as it was pasted on Alex’s.

A grey stallion with a strange tattoo on it’s flank of a Bow tie walks onto the stage that the cages were on. The stallion with his hoof somehow took his hat off and bow’d to the audience of what looked like a collection of aristocratic ponies. "Mares and Stallions!” he shouted bombastically "My snatchers have braved the woods, knowing full well there maybe Wings of Liberty forces, or Celestia’s forces known as Knights of Unification, and their hard work has paid off behold." He gestured to the stacks of cages, boxes each containing numerous humans huddled together, whimpering in fear as the spotlight illuminated the huddling masses. "This, by far, gentlepony’s and majestic mares, is the biggest haul of tinies I've-” a cough was heard at one of the entrances of this tent the auctioneer stallion regained his posture once he saw the rough stallions at the entrance, "Er, I mean, that we’ve ever brought before this gracious host of bidders.”

"Bidders?” Alex echoed to himself for what? What do they want us for and why are we being sold? The auctioneer stallion continued

"The starting bid is at 200 Bits for these delicious, Tiny humans!” He said with an unsettling grin. The statement of 'Delicious Tiny humans' made Alex’s blood run cold.

They intend to eat us? He thought to himself. Some of the humans who were caught were either screaming or crying when they heard these words. Some of them wanted to fight, but they were detained in their zoo like cages for the rich outside.

“And for our first catch” the stallion picked up Alex’s and johns cage and placed it onto a pedestal. " A pair of humans found in the Everfree Forest, starting bid is again 200 Bits” then the voices began to speak up for the bidding of Alex.

"300 Bits” a rather large mare spoke wearing a dress which Alex could guess was a bit too small for her.

“500 Bits” a stallion with a handlebar mustache said in the large audience. Anger slowly boiled up in Alex’s soul

“600 Bits” he clenched his fists.

“700 Bits” if he was going to save his own hide he had to think of a way out of this bidding war.

“800 Bits and 3 Silver Bits” a skinny mare with two bratty foals said with vigor in her voice. This was his moment, Alex breathing slowed as he calmed himself. He straightened his posture and then spoke ,

“I’m a world Renowned Detective! I have skills in other areas such as fencing, solving crimes, and people management skills!” the last part he lied about, but he had to act the part , “In exchange for my services,I’ll gladly serve you however you see fit so long as I’m not your meal!” this was a bit of a stretch he knew this, but he had to try something.

There was a long pause in the room at his request, then other humans joined in either speaking from the cages or crates, “I’m a doctor” or “I’m a veterinarian” were hollard out of the boxes some even claiming to be cooks. The auctioneer, along with the hundreds of ponies roared with laughter.

“Now why would we let food like you serve us as servants? Although, good try old chum, now let us get into buisne-” he was suddenly interrupted by a stern feminine voice

“Twenty-Billion Bits” a stallion drinking wine from a glass cup spat out his beverage and dropped his expensive glass. Everypony turned to find a elegantly dressed Zebra, her mane was long and seemed to have more of a straight hair, like texture to it as it hung down to her neck to her front knees. Her Emerald eyes seemed to pierce through the darkness as she cantered down the aisle towards the auctioneer. What intrigued Alex was not only was she a zebra, but she also had a long twirling horn on top of her forehead. She’s a unicorn, he thought, however, right as her entire frame materialized from the darkness he also saw that this particular zebra also had wings at her sides, like a pegasus from greek mythology. The grey stallion gulped,

“F-for these two humans? Th-that’s a bit much, don’t you think, Madam?”

“No, it’s enough for all of them.” she said in an apathetic tone, she then glanced at the audience, "I’m terribly sorry for this inconvenience, but rest assured you’ll all be compensate-” a black stallion rose rapidly from his seat

“Now see here! No pony in their right mind would bid on lowly food at that price! Just who in Tartarus do you think you are!” at this question Alex could see a smirk streaking across her face

“I’m the last of the Zahavah household” she proclaimed; this made the audience gasp and whisper, and due to their size Alex could hear some of the murmurs

"How could this be i thought they all died in a fire?” a stallion spoke,

“It doesn’t matter she’s one of the richest pony’s in all of equestria. Only 12 of those houses has that kind of gold to burn.” indignant grumbles continued as the bulky stallions began to place each crate into a gigantic wagon to be shipped to this Zahavah’s home to be well not sure what she’d do with them. One of the stallions was going to grab Alex’s and johns cage until the Zebra mare stopped them ,

“Wait.. Bring this cage to my coach I want to speak to these two personally” the gruff stallion nodded and picked up the cage swinging a bit making Alex grab hold of the bars to stabilize himself.


Alex and Jonathan sat in a gigantic stagecoach, tethered to two gigantic wolves, which acted as the coaches 'steeds' instead of horses. The inside of the coach reminded Alex of mid 18th century design; leather seating and red velvet curtains at each side of the coach. Alex and John sat in silence as the gigantic zebra sat across from them. The silence was awkward for Alex, he wanted to say something. No he had to say something. He sighed and was about to speak when John interrupted his actions and spoke his mind,

“Madam, I mean no disrespect, but where are we going, and why on God’s green pastures did you buy a ton of humans?” She simply looked right at him

“Straightforward and to the point, Mr...?”

“McHenry, Ma’am, Jonathan McHenry.”

“Mr. McHenry, you may call me Zahavah. Now, I bought you humans to be my-”

“Dinner!? If that’s the case, ma’am, then I’ll fight you tooth and nail all the way down your gullet till you bleed” John interrupted with a grim tone.

“No, Mr. McHenry, I want you as my servants”. At the mention of servants, John sat rather baffled,

“Servants? Ma’am, you should be more realistic.. I mean we’re like three-inches to you, and you’re thirty-six-foot tall giant zebra. How on earth-? ...Oh, right, we’re not on earth anymore.” John sat quietly as Alex could see some signs of homesickness. While John was preoccupied with his thoughts Alex saw his chance of asking questions

“While I’m relieved that we’re not your meal, Madam Zahavah, my question is why would you buy six hundred, some odd, humans to be your servants? I mean, don’t you have other ponies to be your servants? And if so why do you need us?”. Zahavah replied frankly,

“While that statement is true, let’s just say it’s cheaper to hire tinies, and you can scrub places that most servants of our size can’t get to”. Alex wasn’t sure if that was an insult or a compliment. He then felt the carriage stop. A grey mare in a maid outfit opened the left side carriage door for her mistress; this one spoke pacily in a more streetwise British accent.

“Honestly Miss, why do we have several carriages full of boxes of tinies. I mean it’s not loik- oh, we have guests aye. Miss, could I talk to you for a sec?” she asked as Zahavah nodded and cantered out of the carriage several yards, or for Alex, several miles away. He could hear snip bits of their conversation revolving around something to do with “planning” or something along those lines. When Zahavah returned her horn began to glow a golden aura as both Alex and John were levitated off their seat surrounded by some sort of golden forcefield,

"Hold on gentlemen” she said with a warm smile. Alex was hesitant at first, but John hopped on immediately, Alex followed suit. She casually cantered towards a truly gigantic, Victorian style mansion. It looked like it had derived a lot of inspiration from western culture, from the pointed roofs, to the tower part of it’s design. The whole thing looked like it was made out of bricks, master masonry work from what Alex could tell. Zahavah arrived at the great oak wood (or Alex guessed, it was oak wood. He wasn’t sure what the door was made of). When she entered her home it was truly a sight to behold.

A red carpet with intricate gold designs, chandeliers , white walls with various vine carvings embedded in the walls. The stairway leading up to the second floor seemed like something one would pull off of the titanic before it sank, both john and Alex were dumbfounded by this unique taste this zebra had. " Fortunately I've renovated the guest bedroom to be your... Well, city.” Alex turned at what Zahava at this statement

"You were expecting us, but how is that possible unless you know how we came here?” Zahavah smirked coyly

"When you’re with the upper class, you hear rumors of special auctions, of how your kind came here I have no clue. However, I knew that the lower tier elite ponies would salivate at a single tiny.” Alex felt like she knew more than he did at the situation, "Thus," she continued, "I had a duty to save your kind from well.. Being snacks, or horderves, to the vultures as it were.” He nodded slowly. She showed Alex and John, among the freed tinies, to her guest bedroom, " I’m sorry it’s a bit rough but I hope you enjoy it. " She opened it to reveal a room far bigger for it to be called a guest bedroom, it should have been called a dining room. Inside were several houses, to Alex he assumed they were like dollhouses to their host, but he could see each home had some form of electricity as he could see interior lights in some of them. It looked like a regular town in some sort of suburban area, minus the streets. She had also put some potted plants between each house to add some sort of color to the room. Alex counted each home. There were a variety of buildings ranging from two story houses, to brick apartment complexes. He deduced there was enough buildings for all the tinies to inhabit and use for the time being,

"I don’t know what to say” Alex said a bit taken back at the intricacies of Zahavah’s plans for the tinies and how she was able to accommodate them all.

"Then how about a ‘thank you’” she said with a warm smile, before she lowering both men down to the floor slowly for both John and Alex to regain their land legs.

After john and Alex found a house to call their own, inside of it were the usual commodities of an average middle class home, couch, tv, among other amenities. John looked at alex with a puzzled look,

"So.. what do you think she’ll have us do?” he asked curiously. Alex looked at him and said only four words,

"I have no Clue”.

End of Part 1

PreviousChapters Next