• Published 19th Nov 2015
  • 11,244 Views, 487 Comments

Tales from Tinies. - MrAquino



An anthology of different tales involving small humans in a world filled with giant ponies.

  • ...
104
 487
 11,244

PreviousChapters Next
The Return of Sombra.

Haven. To many Tinies, this was the place to go. It was a village, but unlike the others, which were close to Pony, or any other creature’s towns, this was as far away as possible. The whole place was considered the mightiest of the Tiny villages, with seemingly no limits on what they can do, as it was next to a running lake, and in a field that was concealed by a lush forest. Anyone who stumbled upon this land already saw it as paradise, one that actually felt safe from the hungry locals of Equestria.

To sum up it’s history, it was discovered around the same time when the Happening started, with a literal office building landing in the middle of nowhere and it’s people with, conveniently, a Farm union. It became apparent that they were in the middle of nowhere, and as much as they wanted to explore, they were advised to stay in their position and try to make themselves a home, waiting out until what happened. Of course, a couple did went out and see the terrors ahead, seeing other people chased and be swallowed by giant versions of mythological creatures. The sight alone made them stay near the buildings, which slowly began to grow with the years.

The village itself was high and mighty, becoming more of an empire than a typical village. With the lack of technology, many of the locals had to change to older ways of working, and entertainment. While it’s true some would have their cellphones, tablets, and other forms of high tech equipment, they were told that there wasn’t going to be any way to charge their equipment and that they had to get used to some of the more older things their ancestors did. So, while work had become more old fashioned, to the joy and dismay of a few, entertainment had slowly, but steadily, turned to that of books, and theater. But with their soldiers, they had to be trained with older weapons, with guns only for high ranking officers and saved for true life threatening manners, something that, hopefully, wouldn’t happen.

However, as fate would have it, something came. It wasn’t fast, and it wasn’t recognized at first, but something slowly made it’s way to Haven, something that a lot of people simply called was… evil. What began as simply a few of their cattle (which were beetles, something many found gross, but were eventually used to) disappearing in the outskirts of the village, turned into some of their best scouts simply vanishing. While the locals knew it may take them longer to come back, usually hiding from a pony or losing their way, but that lasted about a week… everyone sent was gone for months. Luckily, one scout returned with some news; out in the forest, at least a day’s time of traveling on foot, to the far west, was a forest, a forest made entirely out of black crystals, with pools of black, tar-like substances, seemingly extending with each day passing.

“Tar-like substance?” The elected emperor, Jona, asked. He was one of the many first office workers to come into Equestria with the building, and the one that lead everyone to calm down and simply build where they stood. Because of that, they made him the leader, and he became the emperor of Haven. Jonah wasn’t very intimidating looking, looking rather average, but was more than made it up with his sword training (He did LARPing in his time off) and armor.

“Y-yes,” the scout that returned answered. “It was… everywhere! Some of it got onto my face and I saw… I saw…” He shivered.

“It’s alright. No need to work yourself more than you need to. Rest for the day.”

“Y-yes, my lord.” He shivered as he walked back. Walking past the scout was one of his wise men, who came from Canterlot and studied a bit of magic… while in the gut of a Unicorn.

“My Lord,” he spoke with a respective bow. “I think this problem is some sort of dark magic.”

“Dark Magic?” Jonah asked

“Yes. During my time in Canterlot, it’s considered very dangerous and highly unstable.”

“Well, how do we destroy it?”

“With love.”

“... Do we… well…?”

“Nono, not like that.” He pulled out a pink vial. “This Love. Actual, tangible love that, if drank by anyone, will make them fall in love with the first person they see.”

“... And how is this going to help?”

“Love is a poison to dark magic. Just an arrow tip should work.”

“Hmm… sounds easy enough.”

“Yes, but I should advise that you take your best men with you… and say goodbye to your wife.”

“Ah… I should.” He took a deep breath. “Prepare my armor and weapons. Tell my best men to get ready as well. We leave at dawn.”

---

“I don’t understand why you wish to carry out this task.” Jona’s wife, Susan, spoke. She was also average for her age, albeit, a bit chubby, but that was mostly because she had their baby in her womb.

“My Duties are clear.” Jona answered, keeping himself calm as his armor was placed on him. Many of the metallic things that came along were quickly melted away and turned into weapons and armor. For Jonah, he specifically requested Samurai armor, due in part to how much he idolized and, as mentioned, roleplayed as the warriors. “As the emperor of this village, it is my duty and responsibility to see what is causing the disappearances, and put an end to it.”

“But what about your family? Do you not care about me? Or the baby?”

“No… no, you’re both important to me, and I wouldn’t dare leave you. But the people and this land are also important. I want you to be safe… but I must go.” She teared up and lightly wept a bit. Jonah leaned down to her, now in his armor. Susan looked up at him, seeing his gentle smile, making her smile back, albeit, sniffling a bit. He gently placed his hand on her swollen belly. “I want to stay with you… but we can’t risk our lives from doing nothing.”

“... I… understand.” She sniffed.

“My lord,” One of his Lieutenants spoke, kneeling down while extending Jonah’s helmet to him. Jonah took a deep breath and put the helmet on his, which was soon followed by the loud drums booming outside, signaling the gates to open, and for everyone to stay out of the way.

Jonah rode out with his army, all on the ants that they have since raised since they were nymphs. While not as fast as beetles, they were well coordinated, and understood staying in a group without fighting each other. He lead the army out of the village’s walls and into the forest, with the literal love in his pocket, and fierce determination to stop this ‘forest’, and return home to his wife.

Minutes had passed, feeling like hours, but they all arrived to the edge of the crystal forest. Hanging high, each ranging in height, were tall, black crystals that protruded out of the ground, giving each men a sense of fear, as well as looking so sharp that touching the roots can cut their fingers. Jonah looked ahead, seeing the crystals pillars going much thicker, taller, and sharper looking, deeper into the ‘forest’. With only a wave of his hand, Jonah lead his personal army deeper into the forest.

As they traveled along, they could hear eerie whispering, almost unknown at first, but getting louder with each second.

“L̶̬̝̯̟̟̺̪̤͐͌͆͋̽̎́͜͟͝͡ȩ̶͔̣͇̱̗̘̉̏̔͛̊̌͟a̷͎̼̺̲̹͍͚͋̀̂̚͞v̭̟͖̟̳̤͎̰̏̊̆͐̑̒̚͝͝e̝̥̟͖̪̽̋̆͌̎ ț̡̱̺̦͎͎̺̗̇̐̈́̎̚͟͡ḩ̸̞̖̭̫̫̪̳̠͂̌̐̇͂̕͠͞ị̸͓̦̥̩̄̔͐̒͘͟͡͡s̶̡̧̛̹̩̙̠̤̒̐̀̋̓͊̿́͢͟͟ p̸̡̮̦̘̭͉̬̲͙̈̽̊̐̌̀͌͞͡l̵͇̘̞͕̥̰̞͐͐͐̔̃̉͂a̶̘̦̲̮̦̓̌́͊̕͘c̗̼͎̺̟̻̝̆̀̀͆̇͡͝͞e̷̢̧͔̦̞̤̥̖̺̒̄͋͒̓.̴̙̩̩̫̠̜̫͙͓͛͗̃̆͌̈́͠͠ͅ.̵̛̻̪̝̥̺̱͓̋́̄͆͌̏ͅ.̧̖̙̻̦͍́̒̑͗̈́́̌̾͠”

As soon as some of the whispering was heard, some of the newer soldiers immediately ran off, screaming their heads off as if they had seen a ghost. Jonah witnessed them running away like cowards. He had to address them quickly.

“Anyone who leaves will be branded as cowards!” He barked before continuing leading his army. However, as they made their way forward, they could feel the floor shake violently. Were it not for their Ants’ natural ability to climb on about anything, they would surely have fallen. But, Jonah could hear the floor cracking, almost as if something was coming up from the floor. He stopped his ant.

CRACK!!!

WOOSH!!!

Out of the floor, just missing his any by an antenna's length, erupted one of the many dark crystals. Jonah was a bit taken back, but he heard more cracking in the floor.

“LOOK OUT!!!” One of his men shouted, right before some screaming was heard. Jonah turned to see that more crystals had erupted out of the floor, as well as some men missing from their ant.

“Don’t stop!” He yelled. “Move forward!!!” He mushed his ant ahead, which was followed by more screaming.

“T̬͍̠̥̯̱͉͛̏̒̔̐̈́̾͟h̭̺͙̪͓̤̊̒̒͑͑͑̾͟͞i̴̢̛̙̤̥͙̤̣̺̒͐̾̓̚͟ṣ̶̢̛̩̫̗̳̗͙̓̆̉̈́̽̚͟ͅ ḯ̵͙̥̻͎̦̊̅̇͌͊̊́͞s̵̢̧̞͓̭̖̦͗̆̀̓͗̊̄͡ a̶̡̖̱̦̭̔̈́͛͐͊̀̆̅͆̕ļ̙̻̥͈͈͚͉̘̅͋̊̀̔̏̿͘͝l̴̼͔̪̳̘̆͊̋̒̄̏̎̂͘͟͝ y̸̨̤̠̹̦̐̇̄̽̌̕͜ơ̱̗̼̣̥̋̊̊̓̄̍͆́͝ų̷̱̤̤͓̞͈̐̓̔̚͜͡͠͠ͅr̸͙̼̖̰̱̰̼̳͔̱͆̀̉̐̂ ḟ̵̺̤̫̼̭͈̹͐̌͗̌̕ä̴̳̪̭͚̥̹́̌̍̈́̈͘̕̕ư͎̳̪͎͖̤̰̭͋͆̿̍ͅḽ̟̬͔͈͛̓̌̉́͗͊͒ͅt̰͉̻͙̱̜̺̫̤̬͛̿̽͌̈̈͗͡͡.̶̡̛͖̜̦̱̻̲̣̹̖͆̽̿̓͊̆̅ Ȳ̨̨͉̣̣͎̗͐͛̃̇͢͡o̡̟͈͔͍͉̘̬̓̃̽̓̅͟͜ṳ̶̖̦̺̬̉̎̈͗̂̋̑̾͞ d̴͇͉̹̗̥́̆́̓̾̑͢͟͝ì̠͙̺̺̬̒̌̅͡ḑ̢̢̳̘͇̝́̋̂͒͞͝ ṱ̟̩̝̒͊̐͗̈́͛͠͝ͅͅh͙͔̪͕͚͇̺̬̰̪͑̋̑̇̕ĭ̷̧̘̲͇̼͕̭̮̹̑̑̌͘ś̛͙̯̦̗̬̲̄̇̑͊̈̋͠!̶̮̮̖̦̹̰̱̍͂̅̎̒͝” The voices continued as he made his way deeper into the forest. The screamings soon began to fade away, eerily quiet all of a sudden, but the forest remained as it is, nearly blocking out the sunlight. “Ý̲̫̫̮̙̌͛̋͡ơ̧̰̣̯͈͇̫̍͊͑͑̄͒͘͡u̵̧͇̼͓̯̝̝̲͎͗͋̋̀̓͗̉͊ h̷̢͉̲̹̲̼͈̦͓͇͋̎͊̔̋̔͞ą̶̛̗̥̭̪͔̅̄̔̏̉̾̆̿͢͠v̧̜̬̬̠̅͑̕͘͠ͅe̯̝̖̹͚̜͗̀̽̐̔̈͌͌͂ͅ f̴̙̱͎͉̗̤͍̣̿͑̉̅̕͝ą͎̖̦̟̣̥̙̠͌̎̐͊́̑͐̕͡͝i̲͚͔̰͉̓̽̀̓̊͗̑͡͡l̨̡̺͉̞̜͓̮̭̋̐͗́͐͂͗̒͂̚ͅe̷̢̫̬͓̙̫̻͔͕͂͑͑̄͗͆͟d̘̫̝͙͈̑͐̆̎̂͘͢͟͞!̸̢̨̩̲̳̘̈̐̈̆͆̅̍͘͠ Y̞̞̫͙̫̽͐̍̌̋̀̈̕̚ọ͈̩͍̗̖͂͌̅͆͌͑͐̀̚ȗ̢̦̳͉͑̍̐̂͜͝͝r̸̡̛̥̙͎͍̜͓̼̫̘̈͒͗̏̓̀̊́ m͇͎̙̪͇̦̣̬͉̲͗̒̉̅̊́̂͆̑ȩ̛͉̞͈̮̭͖̎͋͗̈́̅̊̉̍̈n̶̡̧̡̳̹̼͇̹͙͇̅̔̀̀̌̈́̕̚ h̛̜͔͙̼͔̲̙̲̓̉̀͞a̵͕̖̫͈̼̣̰̖̞͍̽̇̉̊̋̀̀̃͡v̧͙̬͕͉̤̱̠͑̽̓̒͋̄̇͋̈͞ȩ̸͎̠̟͓͓̮̟̺̏̐̑͛͘͟ p̨̢̰̥̺̖͐͑́̈̀̑̏̾͟͢ͅê͍̰̠͈͎̣͓̤̈̃͒̽̊r̵̡̡̛̟̗͕͚̦͒͆̐͑̀̕͠͞į̢̨͇̲͍̖̞̙̣͆̇̇͆͘s̨̰̮̞̲̳̼͚̾̄̆̆̕͘͝͝h̸̡̡͇̳̠͕̱̪̀̃̈́̀̾͑͌͗̏͛͜ę̸̬̖̤̖̦̲̖̫́̀̌̀̅̾̚͢d͉͕̭̻̺̦̆͂̄͋͑͟!̨̝̰͉͖͇̦̂̅́̓͆͛́ T̴̗̼̖̠͒̽̈̿͋̇͢͡ṷ̵̡͉̙̱̹̈̌͒͊͢͞͝ŗ̴̜̝̺͇̝̠̼̤̫̐̔̔̒̒ṉ̷̢̦̦̰͔̯̈́͋̅̆̒͟͜ a͔̺̘̳͓̱̗̻̳͋̓͑͆̽̔̑͘͜r̵̢̖͖̦͕̤͛̋̐͂́͢͠o̵̢̦͓̠̳͍͉̎̂̊̌̇̄́̊͐͜͟ų̨͉̱̙͙͚̔̉̍̄̇̇͟͠n̸̢̢̠͖̺̦͇͍͋̍́͐̌͋̽̌̀ḍ̶̡̟̘̙̳͍̏͛͋͑̄̈́́͊͟͠,̶̟̮̝̳̲͚̻̝̾͐̑̉̒̅̒̚͝ o̩͚͕̖̿́͋̂̏̈́̓͟r̰͎̭̦̼̈́͋̄͑̓̇͘͘ b̨͚̘̘̪̏͐̂̿̐̍̕ę̸̧͚͙̩̤̦̠͈̱͗͂̀͆̚͘c̡̡͕̠̮̗͚̔̄͐̈́͌͆̔͝ͅo̷̡̹̟̟̙̝̘̒̐̈́̇̽̔͆̈͢͞m̴̡͉͉̭̩̣͖̆̉̏̾̉̓e̡͓̝̲̯̖̖͖̤͂̓͑̇̽̆̾̚͝͠ ą̴͎̙̻̞͕͖͉̘́̄̐̀̾́ p̵̡̤̘̼̞͌͒̎̽̕̚â̴̡̦̲̖̳͆̐̃̚͜͞͠ͅr̴̡̖̫̜̳̹̆̍̽̎̏͐͞t̷̛̛̩̻̺̰̳̪̾̑̔̀̕͜͜ o̸̡̫͖̙̰̣͚̣̓̄͊̏́͌͢f̛̠̠̝̟̝͖̀̔̐͐̅ t͍̤̻̖̦̤̺̱̠̎͆͂̂͒̕ͅȟ̶̢̢̛̰̺͖̗̇̕͟͠i̵̡̦̣̺̲̘̗͔̝͆̀͑̃̓̃͟͞͝s̴̼̤̻̳̳̟̲̏̔̒͑͘͢͝ f̛̩̠̻̙̳͚͔̔͌̎̄͠o̙̯͕͓͖̹͒͒̆͒͊͘͞r̛̹͍̻̦̯̤̐̏̀̀̓ͅë̶̡̢̹͔̟̰̮͍́̏̍̐̓̃̈́̚͠s̴̖͎̰̜̮͖̽͂͗̋̏͒ţ̺̗̤̰̩̭͖͚͙́̒̌̔̚!̡͇̭̦̤̀̿̐̍̂̈́̈́̔̕̕

.

“NEVER!!!” Jonah yelled, riding ahead, pulling out his sword.

“Y̡̛̯̺̖͓̫̪̠͋̇̊̏̓͆̊ͅo̴̡̝̯̦̭̝̍̃́̽́̉̋͂͟͟͡ư̡̝͓̪̮͌̉̔̾̄̐̉͘̕ à̡̯̭̻̳̟̃̔̅̾͒̄͟͞r̷͉͉̬̹̮̮͔͌̈͑͗̀͐͆̇̇̒ͅȇ̱͕͚̠́̐̆̾̇̋̒̚̕͜ a̸̢̖̪̭̲͉̜͆̓̿̽̋̐́͢ f̵̧̡̧̼̜̫̞̲̘̼̐͆͗̈̉̇̔̂͘͝ȏ̡̨̳͈̱̻͉͖̠̞̀̀̆̈͒̕̚͡ǫ̱͕̦͚͚͙̜̰͒̉̆͊̽̋͘ͅl͚̞̺̰̠̮͈̬͐͑̈́̊̎̌͛͟͠.̵̡̭͕͓̖̼̞̏͂̉̄̓͌͌͋͆͢”

Jonah rode along, ignoring the whispering, but stopped as he made it to a large pond filled with the dark, tar-like liquid as mentioned. He took a deep breath, getting off his ride. Without hesitating, he took the love vial out of his pocket, rested it on the floor, and readied his bow and arrow. The tip of the arrow was dumped into the vial, making the end turn pink. A shoot would seem necessary, but Jonah only figured that aiming it in the center would work; he aimed at the sky and fired the single arrow into the center of the pit, where it sunk. A minute had passed, feeling like a day to Jonah. The floor shook again, and the surrounding crystals began to sink into the floor.

“Is… is it over?” Jonah asked himself. His answer came as the pond bursted into black flames, not hot, but making him jump back in shock. The floor shook even more violently, making Jonah loose his footing and fall on his bottom. The liquid bursted as the largest, and widest black crystal came out, encased in the black flames, but it wasn’t seen quite easily. It towered over all the other surrounding crystal towers, looking more like a large cluster than a tower.

“N-no! This can’t be happening!” The large cluster began to move with loud, ear splintering cracks and creaks, making Jonah cover his ears in pain. He watched as the clusters began to form a figure of some sort… a figure of somepony, to be exact. A gasp came out of him as the crystals turned into a pony, complete with fur all over his naked body. The top of it’s head and hindquarters bursted into the black flames, turning it into a sort of mane and tail. It turned around creepily, not making any movements, but showed that judging by the shape of it, it was a stallion of some sort. Sticking out of his forehead was a horn, indicating it to be a unicorn, but the horn was sharp looking, looking more like a sharp tooth, and it transitioned from red at the very tip to the grey color of his coat. The pony then opened his eyes, glowing green momentarily before showing it’s red eyes, which had purple smoke coming out of the far sides. It let out a long yawn, stretching it’s back and cracking a few bones in his body. Jonah stared in awe and fear, seeing that this pony was the root of their problems, and by his looks, he screamed evil, as his teeth looked sharp and canine-like instead of a regular pony’s flat teeth.

The Pony’s horn glowed purple with a green outline and black lightning as he blasted it into the air, making the sky darker than it was already. He checked his left hoof, moving it around, cracking a few bones, then proceeded with the other. It looked around, probably to get a good look on where he was at, and who may have aided him. That’s when he looked down at Jonah, who slowly began to hyperventilate.

“Aww…” The stallion spoke in a deep, booming voice, pointing at Jonah with his left hoof. “You there! Thank you!” Jonah nervously swallowed and shook his head before looking back at the stallion.

“NO!!! That was supposed to stop this!”

“Oh? HAHAHAHA!!!” He cackled loudly. “It was your ‘love arrow’ that set me free! AHAHAHAHA!!!” Jonah quickly reacted, firing what remained of his arrows at the stallion’s face; it anything, he could blind it before running back home to prepare his army for an attack. However, the stallion quickly reacted, using his left hoof for protection, absorbing the arrows into it’s skin. “Ah! FOOL!!! Nothing of this world can harm me! For I am Sombra! The King of Darkness! Lord of Evil!!! Your new master, and you will-!”

“AHHHH!!!” Jonah unsheathed his sword and sliced it at Sombra’s left hoof. It went through Sombra like the wind, not even leaving a scratch. He turned to his sword, seeing the tar on it, and eating the sword away. He threw it in fear, not wanting it to land on his hand and eat his flesh away.

“Heeheehee! Foolish insect, I see that I must show you who is master!” His horn glowed, making the tar surround Jonah. He yelped as he was brought into the lake, taking a deep breath before being submerged. A few seconds had passed, and, with all of the liquid, made a crystal shaped tree, where Jonah’s head popped out of, gasping for air. His armor was gone, only leaving him in his underwear and undershirt. “Now, gaze upon me, insect!” Jonah complied, seeing into the evil unicorn’s eyes. Sombra’s eyes glowed green, and Jonah felt himself being electrocuted!

---

Jonah woke up to find himself a dark area, tied up by something.

“Wh-what the-!?” He shouted, attempting to get out of his bindings. A bright light came, revealing that he was on a dish of some sort… surrounded by dead people. Everyone he had seen were now corpses, lifeless, but the sounds of screaming were heard. Jonah began to freak out, but looked up, seeing the silhouette of Sombra, licking his lips.

“B̨͚͖̮̹͈̽̑̋͂̀̚͡͠o̵̡̨̙̤͇͉̯̾͒̉̆͊̈͂̕ṉ̷͔͔̯̤̞̽͛̈̈͑̑͟͢ͅ A̷̡̟̖̟͓͕̱̱̩̎̌͗̀͟͝͝p͔̯͓̹̻̅̒͋̔̽͘͝p̴̱̻͚̻̤̺̈̾̎̐͜͞ȩ̷̨̭̩̙̬͎̦͍́͋̄̀̾̿͝͡t̨̗̗̹̬̣͍̤̽͐͒͆͘͢͟͠i̢̧̨̘̦̣͈̺̗̓̀̀͢͠͞ẗ͈͕͎̩̠͎̰̖́̿̋́͘͘͝͝.” Sombra only spoke, lowering a knife and fork to Jonah. The fork was stabbed through his legs, making him scream loudly as he saw pools of blood exiting through his huge punctures. The knife soon came down, and he felt the cutting through his waist, making him scream in pain!

“STOP!!! STOP!!! HELP!!! SOMEONE!!! HELP!!!”

---

“Help… Someone… help…” Jonah only murmured as his eyes glowed green with purple smoke coming out of the sides. Sombra smiled sadistically, turning to Haven.

“Now… today marks the beginning of my return.” He spoke to himself, turning into smoke and traveling to the village, which only took him a few seconds to get to. The place turned into pure chaos as a pony had came to their village, and not just any other pony, but one that looked sinister. With only a swing, Sombra knocked the village’s gates down, making an entrance wide enough for him to enter. “INSECTS!!! YOUR KING IS HERE!!! SWEAR YOUR ALLIANCE TO ME, OR ELSE-”

“FIRE!!!” One of the generals yelled. Cannonballs were blasted at Sombra, but not only was Sombra able to dodge a few, the others were quickly disintegrated upon contact with his skin. Sombra let out a growl.

“Fine then, I’ll take this spit of a kingdom by force!” He fired his horn at the various buildings, making them burn. The streets were filled with panic as citizens ran for safety and the army tried to fend off the monster invading their home. Sombra could only cackle as they barely did any damage, letting him to destroy whatever he wanted, effectively making as much chaos and make the people surrender as to avoid his wrath.

---

Jonah kept having that vision of himself being eaten by Sombra. When had heard of how ponies loved to eat people, he could only imagine the terrifying and brutal ways ponies could eat them, effectively making them like cows for a slaughterhouse. However, unbeknownst to him, and Sombra, another figure had arrived.

Twilight Sparkle walked past the large crystal trees, something she was a bit nervous about, but didn’t want to show it. Celestia had sent her as she felt something evil and familiar had returned, and to return with some news. The Princess of Friendship, however, not only saw the many dark crystals, but heard someone silently begging for help. She gasped as she saw Jonah, trapped in the cluster, crying and begging for help.

“Uh… excuse me?” She spoke, poking at him. The nudge alone helped Jonah to snap out of it… only to scream as he was face to face with another pony.

“NO!!! GET AWAY FROM ME!!!” He screamed “I DON’T WANT TO DIE!!! I DON’T-” He saw Sombra in the distance, destroying Haven, laughing maniacally. “NOOO!!!” Jonah struggled to free himself. “SOMBRA!!! YOU’LL PAY!!! YOU’LL PAY WITH YOUR LIFE!!!”

“Sombra!?” Twilight turned to see the kind destroying the village. “Oh no! This is bad!” She turned back to Jonah. “We’ve gotta go to Celestia about this. Please, hold still.” Her horn glowed with a purple aura. The crystals began to chip away, giving Jonah the space he needed to move. As soon as it was done, he charged at the king… only to be picked up by Twilight’s magic.

“LET ME GO!!! LET GO OF MY, YOU SON OF A-”

“Ahem.” Twilight interrupted. “Look, I’m sorry, but we need to head to Celestia right away. That is Sombra, the evil tyrant of the crystal empire, and a master in dark magic. As much as I’d like to let you go, we have to see Celestia about this; she’ll know what to do.”

“I don’t a fu-ahhh!!!” Twilight flapped her wings and flew off to the sky. Jonah only squeaked as he was being lifted high into the sky, going away from his home, away from his people. “...Susan…”

---

After an hour of flight, Jonah and Twilight had arrived to the city of Canterlot, heading to the castle in the middle of it all. Twilight flew into one of the many open windows, landing a bit hastily, but not injuring her or Jonah. She gently set him down on his feet, right in front of the large doors. All she did was open the door for him.

“Here we are,” she spoke. “Go on, tell Celestia what’s happening.” He looked right at her, nervous and unsure if he should enter. She gently pushed him in. “Don’t worry, Celestia’s nice. She’ll only eat you if you ask politely… or accept it.” This only made him even more nervous. He turned to the open door, unsure if he should enter or attempt to run back to the fight. Judging by how far he was, the former was the best option. He entered the room, turning to see the door close on him, leaving him in another room that, while lit, was fairly dark. He jumped as he saw Princess Celestia in all her glory, towering over Sombra, but was accompanied by Princess Luna and Princess Cadence.

“Ah, hello there,” Celestia spoke in her motherly tone. “Please, come closer, we were just about to begin our weekly tea session.” Jonah swallowed nervously, walking to the three giants. “It seems my senses weren’t wrong. Something terrible has been released… and I presume you had something to do with it?” Jonah stopped.

“... Y-yes.” He nodded.

“Ah yes.” Luna replied. “Should’ve known a Tiny would find and release the all powerful, evil King Sombra out of his own prison.”

“Luna,” Cadence replied “They don’t know much about our culture, and I’m sure he wants to solve it, not for his sake, but for the sake of others.”

“Indeed.” Celestia nodded. “Now, shall we?” Her horn glowed. Luna and Cadence followed, then they zapped Jonah as one. It felt a bit painful, but it felt like like good pain, like a thorn coming out. Jonah watched as a glowing orb came out of his chest, which was then quickly struck down by some small hammers, turning into a sword.

“This sword was formed by the goodness in yours, and everyone else’s heart.” Cadence spoke before sipping her tea.

“It possesses both our magic, and yours, to destroy that wretched beast.” Luna added.

“But do be careful,” Celestia finished “For Sombra will do whatever he wants to win. Try not to see with your eyes, but what you feel.”

“I… I am honored.” Jonah bowed respectfully, taking the sword’s handle in his right hand. In another flash, he was surrounded by armor, white and glowing armor that looked more like a knight’s than his old one. He was filled with adrenaline, feeling like he can go back and beat Sombra on his own. A cloud appeared below him and he was lifted, much to his surprise. His focus came back on the three giant ponies. “Thank you, all of you, for doing this. I won’t let you down.” Almost as if knew him, the cloud moved out of an open window, and Jonah began to make his way back home.

“... Are you sure he can handle this?” Luna asked “Surely, they need our help.”

“Do not underestimate them, Luna.” Celestia replied “They may be small, but their hearts and courage can rival our very own. And when he succeeds, I have a feeling this will mark the beginning of a new era between humans and ponies.”

---

The hour Twilight took to fly her and Jonah over was nothing as Jonah flew back to his empire in only a few minutes. As he flew, he felt how the armor was snug on him, not tight to restrict his movements, but feeling almost like a second layer of skin, much surprisingly. But in him, he felt rage; he already imagined the buildings being destroyed, each of his men desperately fighting, and Susan screaming as Sombra cackled away. It was enough to make him fly faster, seeing the titular unicorn ready to destroy his house. He readied his blade and swung at Sombra! … Sombra noticed and made a hole in his body, making Jonah fly through. The unicorn turned around with a rather confused look, seeing Jonah in his new armor.

“What is this!?” He asked. “What form of insect is this!? BUAHAHA!!! Oh, it’s you.”

“Yes, Sombra,” Jonah replied with a loud and proud voice that was filled with anger and determination. “Your time in this world is over! Your terror on my land and it’s people ends now!” He flew to Sombra.

“BUAHAHAHA!!! Have you learned nothing!? Your small weapons cannot harm-” Jonah sliced at Sombra’s left leg, slicing and ripping it like paper. “GAHHH!!!” Sombra turned to his leg, seeing the wound dissolve some of his skin, but stopped. He let out a low growl at Jonah. “How can this be!?”

“This sword was forged by the princesses themselves, and my magic! It represents all that’s good, and it’s main purpose is to destroy you!”

“... BAH!!!” Sombra’s eyes glowed green as hir horn charged up. He fired a blast at Jonah. Jonah sliced at the magic, cutting it off from harming him, and made his cloud fly to the tyrant itself! Sombra began to fire multiple beams of magic at the human, missing with the others getting sliced in the air. It was like him against a fly… except not only could this fly talk, but it can harm him. The people below watched in silent awe and terror as they saw their emperor fight the evil giant, with weapons and armor made by the princesses themselves. Without an order, they began to exit the village, leaving the two to duke it out.

When Jonah saw that his people were gone, he went for the attack, dodging all of the blasts Sombra threw at him! He readied his sword and sliced at Sombra’s other hoof!

“GAAAAAHHH!!!” Sombra wailed in pain. His calm demeanor began to break as he let out an even louder growl. Jonah flew by his face. He began to morph, taking on his shadowy presence with only his face in the forefront.

SNAP!!!

Sombra attempted to bite down on Jonah, only to miss him by a few inches.

“GRRRAAAHHH!!!” Sombra roared in anger, flying faster at the human, clamping his jaw at the Tiny.

SNAP!

SNAP!

SNAP!

SNAP!

All times, Jonah was too fast. The human really didn’t want to do it, but it was a sacrifice he had to make. Jonah flew around the buildings, to which Sombra crashed through, slowing him down. With one final bite from Sombra, Jonah flew above and came down, slicing Sombra’s head from his ‘body’!

“AHHHH!!!” Sombra screamed in pain as his body fell to the floor, The head and body turned into smoke before turning into another figure and solidified itself, taking on the form of a large spider. Jonah turned around only to see one of the many, scythe-like appendages coming down and slicing the cloud away. He was on the floor, and saw Sombra crawling to him with a malicious smile across his face. All he did was run, trying to come up with a plan in his head.

He hopped onto one of the few ants remaining, mushing it as a way to run away from Sombra. To the unicorn, he felt this was quite fitting as he was going to crush a bug on another bug. Sombra body slammed himself, but Jonah halted his ant and swung at Sombra’s legs, slicing away the flesh that made the evil pony. The unicorn winced himself, but using all of his legs, he began to slice at the human. He was able to get Jonah’s right side, slicing off the armor, which was followed by him pushing the human into the side of a building.

Jonah came out of the building, his helmet now gone, and his chest nearly exposed, save for a strap holding the breastplate on his right shoulder. He charged at the giant spider. Sombra jumped into the air and made himself combust, making himself rain and make puddles on the floor. The Tiny took deep breaths as he looked around, readying his blade for whatever trick Sombra had. He watched as the various puddles began to move and went to the nearest armor and weapons, possessing them, and assembling themselves to be as tall as Jonah, and taking on a human-like form. The figures surrounded Jonah, making about the size of a small army. They began crystalize the armor and weapons, which was followed by their blank, black faces getting glowing green eyes with the purple smoke coming out. It was an Army of Sombra.

The Sombra army stood there, eerily silent. It was followed by the laughter of Sombra; each one laughed, almost as if it they were saying ‘you done messed up now’. The laughter went on for a minute, but ended abruptly. Jonah looked around, not moving, unsure if he should be the one to move first, or them. All he did was sweat hard. As soon as a single drop of sweat came down, they charged! Jonah began to slice at the army! The crystals seemed to only be there for show, as his sword sliced through the crystals, army, and Sombra individuals themselves like butter. However, he was still outnumbered, and Sombra wasn’t going to fight fair; Jonah felt many of the spear thrown at him, hitting in his breast plate with a few grazing his exposed arms. He only shouted in pain and anger, swinging like a madman, especially when a barrage of arrows rained upon him, hitting all but his face (which was surprising in itself)

Soon, the place darkened as rain came down. The blood that came from Jonah’s open wounds poured into floor with the water, as his adrenaline was the only thing keeping him from falling in this battle. Only 1 Sombra soldier remained. Jonah turned to the last one with a rage filled look, ready to finish this. He turned and ran away.

“NO!!! GET BACK HERE, YOU COWARD!!!” Jonah screamed, throwing his sword like a spear. It hit the last one in it’s back. He hobbled his way to the sword, feeling his breath losing itself and his adrenaline dying down, but he watched as the sword absorbed Sombra into it. With the last of his strenght, Jonah picked up the sword. “Now… with the power of the princesses… I banish you… forever!” He stabbed the sword into the floor, where Sombra began to sink into the floor.

“I will return...!” He spoke before disappearing from sight. As soon as Sombra disappeared, the clouds parted and the rain stopped, bringing in the bright sky. With one last breath, Jonah fell to the floor as his vision darkened.

5 years later.

“Wh-what happened?” A little boy asked.

“Well,” Susan spoke. “He was close to death, but everyone of us got together and aided him back to his old, healthy self.”

“And then?”

“And then I got back up.” Jonah concluded, rolling in a wheelchair. “But I fell down and needed a wheelchair. Telling our boy my story?” Susan giggled.

“Of course. He was quite curious on a few things.”

“Ah, yes. It’s quite amazing how I changed some things.” He rolled himself out to the balcony. His son followed, looking outside as well. Outside of the walls stood other humans, wearing golden armor, very much similar to the guards of Canterlot, and a few ponies walked along the streets as well, helping some of the Tinies they’re with. “And to think, all it took was one evil being to bring 2 polar opposites worlds together as one.”

“... Wow… think I can become a royal guard someday?”

“... The sky’s the limit, my son.”

Author's Note:

Coming soon, perhaps by Pixel Berry and/or I, or someone else: Tiny Knights!

PreviousChapters Next