• Published 19th Nov 2015
  • 11,244 Views, 487 Comments

Tales from Tinies. - MrAquino



An anthology of different tales involving small humans in a world filled with giant ponies.

  • ...
104
 487
 11,244

PreviousChapters Next
The Lunar Sisters: The Attack

A few weeks had passed since the Tantibus incident. As said, Francis’s friends, the Revenant, Jack, and the Golem, Rocky, weren’t exactly fans of joining, especially with the near 180 degree turn of Francis’s personality, but after getting the rundown on what happened to him and why they’re doing this, they were ready. And while Perma and Tinker weren’t exactly thrilled to have their attackers join the team, they needed all the help they could get to stop the changelings, and Tanya and Lindsey were with them, so they weren’t too uncomfortable. Under Luna’s guidance, the training sessions were now a lot more action packed, especially with how Victor’s inventions gave him an edge in range and versatility.

Luna made time to make sure each new member had their own room that suited to their need, while also moving them in new areas in and around the castle, so none of their abilities would interrupt the other during their offtime. Right on the roof, Lavina’s library was moved, with Francis having a traditional wizard lookout, complete with a magic ball and herbs growing around it. On the 3rd floor was Lindsey’s and Tanya’s room, with Lindsey’s being a full sized gym to keep herself in shape, and Tanya’s being a sound booth, complete with noise muffling foam. The Second floor was Tinker’s science lab, with a floor below being Perma’s abandoned castle. Outside, in Canterlot’s garden, Rocky sat down beneath a simple clay hut in the sandy area. Below, almost underground, Victor had his own mining shaft with all the minerals around for him to mine on, and, though accessed through the dungeons, Jack had his own set of catacombs with his casket on display at the end of its small hallway.

It was at the end of another day of training. With Francis no longer under control of the Tantibus, he and his friends showed restraint when battling the others in their duels. It ended with everyone tired out, especially after they all had to take down Lindsey in her giant form.

Lavina breathed heavily as did the others, even Lindsey was worn out, having scratches, bruises and even burn marks on her skin from the onslaught of attacks. “I really hate… that I can't use… the one spell to make this fight… an even fight.” She complained, knowing that she could just wave her wand and say the enchantment, but Luna didn't want to make it easy for anyone.

“Tell me about it.” Jack replied, cracking his fingers before turning to Lindsey. “When I said break a leg, I didn’t mean it literally!”

“Not my fault. You punched me first.” Lindsey replied with a smirk.

“A first punch does not equal a broken limb.” Tinker said with a head tilt, having some dents on her body as well, but her key was perfectly fine.

“I kept telling you all to get out of the way.” Victor spoke, tending to Spidy. Much to Perma, and everyone’s liking, the spider bot didn’t hiss at anyone, though it did give them the death stare.

“Your spider kept shooting everyone!” Perma shouted.

“It was cover fire.”

“Yeah, but we can't dodge billets and giant fists or shoes at the same time.” Perma said, picking up some fallen pieces of Jack that broke off from the fight.

“We can't.” Rocky replied. “But you can.”

“Anyway, it's fine as long as we leave this place. Our injuries will vanish as if this was all a dream.” Lavina explained, getting up from her spot.

“Agreed.” Tanya replied with a raspy voice. “My throat is killing me.”

As soon as they all stepped out, their injuries were gone, night was around them, and Luna stood over them.

“Sorry for scaring you all,” she apologized. “But I would like a word with my original three.”

“I-is there something wrong?” Perma asked.

“Nono, nothing at all. Please, some privacy.”

“Night guys.” Victor spoke, using his Spider drone to carry him away.

“I guess I’ll see you later as well.” Francis said before walking away.

“Relax, Casper,” Tanya said. “Never thought I would see a ghost be afraid of somepony.”

Everyone left without saying anything, too tired after their training. Luna cleared her throat before sitting on all her legs. “I thank you for your time in doing this. There have been ups and downs, but you're all progressing.”

“Is that all?” Tinker asked.

“No. I want to reward you all with something nice. Lavina, remember your village?”

“... What are you getting at?” Lavina asked.

“Well… I might've told them that a certain someone was going to be with them for a five day vacation.”

“Wait a minute… you don’t mean-” Her eyes widened as she couldn’t believe what she was hearing.

“Indeed. You miss them as they miss you. And since you've grown with Perma and Tinker, I figure they should join as well.”

“Th-this isn’t some prank, is it?” She asked, already tears swelling in her eyes as she really missed the people in that town for months.

“I Pinkie promise.” She did the actions as she spoke. “Cross my heart, hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye.”

“Forever…” A whisper spoke that they all could hear.

“... Well, I think you should all get some rest. Lavina, you might want to pack your stuff.”

She was quick to wipe her eyes before she nodded in agreement and went off to her room to go and do both of that. Perma and Tinker also went to their rooms, with both equally excited to somewhere else.


The day had arrived, and Lavina woke up, her bag of extra clothes in her hands, but she wasn't in her room anymore. Instead, she was in a familiar room, with Tinker booting up in the corner, and Perma shaking herself awake. They both looked rather confused.

“Uh… where are we?” Tinker asked. They could hear some excited giggling out of the door, with some shushes. Lavina got up and reached for the doorknob.

“I think I know where we are.” She said, hoping it was where she was. The door opened, which was followed by a loud cheer.

“WELCOME BACK, LAVINA!!!” Lavina realized she was in the middle of the village, and practically everyone was around, with the place decorated for a party. The sight hit the witch girl right in the feels harder than one of Lindsey’s uppercuts. She ran into the crowd, giving everyone around a hug of pure affection. Tinker and Perma followed, with most people taking an interest in the robot with others kinda freaked out to see an actual ghost.

Perma was a little depressed once she realized that those who noticed her, feared her already. “Why does metal-heart get all the attention..?” She whimpered, metal-heart being a small nickname she gave the robot.

Even though Lavina wanted to see each and every person clearly, the tears of joy blurred her eyesight, so she could have to wipe them away, only for more to show up soon after she saw someone she recognized, which was pretty much everyone.

“We've missed you so much!” The twin designers, Jayda and Jayden spoke, holding up some new witch costumes they designed.

“Hey! Glad to see you're back in one piece!” Samuel, the local doctor said.

“So glad to see everyone’s favorite little girl is doing better.” Mr. Panucci, one of the local elderly said with a raspy cackle.

“I'm just… so happy to see everyone again… I can't even speak.” She admitted with a small giggle, before the waterworks happened yet again.

“Then why not show us your… eh, special friends.” He gestured to the ghost and robot. “Is it true that one’s a robot and the other is… well, a ghost?”

Lavina only nodded as she wiped the tears away once more. “Y-yeah… there names are Tinker and Perma.”

“How do you do?” Tinker waved.

“Hello.” Perma waved as well, but not as robotic or excitedly, still a little bummed out that they were scared of her. He cackled a bit.

“If you meet my wife, tell her that I have no one to date. But joking aside, it’s very nice to meet you both.” He extended his hand towards them. “Heard some things about you two with our little girl.”

“Yeah, we weren’t very thrilled that we were taken to Canterlot to serve under Luna, but it’s not like we had any choice on that matter. It was either yes or yes.” Perma explained. “Lavina was pissed off the most.”

“We heard.” Samuel replied. “But if Lavina was to be stronger, then we would all be down for it. And she’s so stubborn… reminds a bit of ourselves while she was gone.” He pleasantly chuckled.

“Come, Lavina, you need to relax.” Jayda spoke, pushing Lavina ahead.

“And your friends should join you.” Jayden added, trying to push Tinker ahead, but to no avail.

Tinker walked on her own, she and Perma following behind Lavina who was being guided someplace to relax while she was here. That place was the local spa, with incense sticks lit around, letting everyone relax. It didn’t take Lavina a few moments to feel relaxed as she got the best massage of her life by one of the people inside, being in the perfect area of rough, but also relaxing. She was even having a hard time to stay awake, not wanting to accidentally fall asleep when she had such limited time to be with everyone.

“I wish I could enjoy this.” Perma spoke. “You have a lot of friends here, Lavina.”

Well, friends is putting it lightly… there like family.’ The witch thought, really wishing she could just stay in this village forever.

“You know, there is a way for you to enjoy a massage, since there is one person who can touch you.” Tinker spoke, the other two knowing what she was talking about… or more like who.

“No way I’m gonna let that zombie freak try and give me a massage. I may be dead, but he made me feel physical pain again, so he can just stay dead in his coffin for all I care.” Perma huffed, arms crossed as she seemed nowhere close to forgiving him.

“Oh? And who’s this skeleton?” The Spa owner, Jezzabelle, asked before cracking her own fingers, readying herself to give Lavina one of her signature manicures. “Another one of those special people we’ve heard about?”

“Correct.” Tinker spoke. “We have a few more members in Luna’s team. Two more girls and three boys… or two boys and one with no gender.” She corrected herself, knowing a golem didn’t really have a gender. “There is a wizard named Francis, but he goes by Tiberius, a skeleton named Jack, and a golem named Rocky.” She listed the other trio. “The girls are named Lindsey and Tanya, but they only come when it’s needed, since they have other business within there lifespan.”

“Ooh! I’d like to meet them soon. They sound like very interesting folks.”

“Most of them, you’d meet.” Tinker replied. “Others, not so much.”

“Well, is there anything you’d all want to do? Give your friends a tour of our fair home? Meet up with some of the folks here? Perhaps show some of your magic to the kids?”

“There is so much we can do, but I don’t know where to even start.” Lavina spoke up, wondering what all three of them could do.

“Well, we have five days all to ourselves.” Perma replied. “And we’re new here, so… care to show us around a bit?”

“A scan around the village might be more informative in case we happen to split up.” Tinker agreed.

“Yes, yes,” Jezebelle spoke, getting the nail polish. “Right after Lavina’s manicure. Your nails need some work, sweetie. Unless your robot friend would like her nails done as well.”

“Well it’s not like I had any time to care for myself.” Lavina grumbled, taking it as a bit of an insult.

“I know, but you REALLY need this. Relax, and enjoy your time. Care to join, Tinker?”

“I see no purpose in covering my nails in ethyl acetate.” Tinker spoke, the term she used being the main ingredient for nail polish.

“... To makes your nails looks good… Is she like this?”

“Well, she is a robot, so maybe the more robotic personality might come and go.” Perma explained. “I of course would love a little makeover… but I can't wear makeup.”

“Right… of course…” The sounds of footsteps were heard, followed by someone Lavina didn’t remember walking by.

“Um… who was that?” She asked. Jezabelle looked back.

“Oh, that’s just some of the people that came here before you did. They haven’t said anything, surprisingly, nor have they done anything troublesome.”

“Wait… what were they doing?”

“They came yesterday. A good dozen. They just walked around, looking around, though, they did enter some homes without knocking. I think they might be under the spectrum, if you know what I mean, and are probably looking for a new home. Poor fellows must’ve gone a whole lot without a clear list.”

“Yeah, I guess it would be rather difficult.” Perma sat down on one of the other massage tables.

“Data storage says otherwise.” Tinker spoke in his robot voice, her eyes glowing yellow, symbolizing potential danger. “Victor’s account on Changeling attack says people arrived here and acted like machines. It is unlikely that these people all fall under the Autistic Spectrum Disorder. We must investigate immediately, or else your village falls victim.” She got up and walked right out… leaving a hole through the wall, letting all the steam dissipate quickly.

“Oh no! Tinker! Wait!” Perma floated after her.

“Uh… what did she just say?” Jezabelle asked. “And why did she just burst through the wall?”

“Oh, uh, she was just making sure the people aren’t dangerous or anything… stranger danger ‘n stuff.” Lavina decided to cover up Tinker’s weird action since she didn’t want to worry the others.

“... Well, she owes me a new wall. And It seems we’ll have to continue this another time. Ta-ta, Lavina! Enjoy your stay!”

In the town, Tinker’s eyes scanned as she followed the trace to the person that was in the spa. The tracks were still fresh, but something her scanners caught which wasn’t present before was a pheromone, something unlike anyone could make. Perma floated next to her.

“Tinker! Stop! Don’t do this!” The ghost pleaded.

“Negative.” The robot replied. “Strange pheromones have been detected with our stranger. Objectives are clear; find brainwashed humans, stop them without killing them, collect pheromones.”

“Come on Tinker, can’t we do this later? I mean, brainwashed humans don’t go far from what I know, and we don’t need to freak out the residents here.” Perma insisted, thinking that a village that relied on one witch might easily be freaked out by any unnatural happenings. Tinker stopped and took cover behind an alleyway.

“Target found. Beginning observation.” Her eyes glowed blue, with the ‘pupils’ shrinking as she zoomed in. The person she was following was met up by several others. To Tinker, she could see the pheromones around them, all matching up to the same chemical base. One of them began to twitch, looking like they were about to go into a seizure, but stopped as their eyes glowed an eerie green, with their veins glowing the same color.

“The human village has been mapped out.” The person spoke in a combination of their voice and some other booming, authoritative, yet mysterious sounding voice. “These humans will join our ranks, along with the one called “Lavina”. Be ready in the next hour. The harvest will begin soon.”

“Harvest. The process of gathering crops. Or people in this case.” Her arms turned into twin laser guns before she turned to Perma. “Think we should stop now? Or let them take everyone away?”

Perma couldn’t help but sigh. “Fine, but we aware that there are others who aren’t evil, and that people live in these homes. So not a lot of casualties or property damage.”

“Notified. Give them a scare.” She ran into the alley, pointing at them all with her weapons, with her eyes turning red. “ATTENTION!!! STOP WHAT YOU’RE DOING!!! YOU HAVE 20 SECONDS TO COMPLY!!!” The people looked at them without even jumping, only looking at each other in confusion.

“I should’ve told her to stay quiet as well.” Perma placed a hand over her face as she should’ve known a robot would be very straightforward.

“YOU NOW HAVE 15 SECONDS TO COMPLY!!! FOLLOW THROUGH, OR FACE EXTERMINATION!!!”

“Oh, go ahead, Tinker.” The possessed person spoke. “They do not fear death. They feel nothing anymore. Pure, perfection at It's finest, unlike what your creators tried to make.” Tinker lowered her weapons as her eyes went back to normal.

“What did you just say?”

“And what about you, Perma? A ghost afraid of something that's alive?”

“Oh shut up, ghosts are still people, only dead. Just cause they’re dead doesn’t mean they are suddenly fearless. I’m the only proof that ghosts do exists, and it’s cause of some dumb pony magic!”

“Dumb pony magic? Or is it something else that your kind has forgotten about and has awoken? Oh, my apologies, forgot to introduce myself. I am King Metamorphosis, ruler of the Changelings, and the beginning of a new era.”

“King Meta-porpus?” Perma tried to repeat.

“King Meta-ta-si-sis.” Tinker also tried, but it seemed that her memory file was a little messed up from the last training she went through.

“Metamorphosis. The act of changing one form into another with some time. Like the ugly caterpillar to the beautiful butterfly, or, in this case, the weak and cowardly Humans into the strong and unified Changelings.”

“Or like changing a perfectly good person into a butt-ugly alien freak.” Perma made her own example, knowing just how the changed humans looked like. “Sadly, I think changelings were born ugly, and died just as ugly-looking.”

“... You're lucky I’m not physically and that this form I’m using can't use magic. Not only would my luscious look make you think otherwise, but I WOULD KILL YOU!!!” He hissed at that last bit, with the other people hissing with him. Metamorphosis shook himself, regaining his composure. “But… Lavina will serve me just well, as a human or into what she's meant to be.”

“Tch! As if she would be dumb enough to not see you coming a mile away.” Perma crossed her arms.

“Yes, since changelings and ponies are the same size, it would be quite difficult to not be spotted in a tiny village.” Tinker took it literally.

“... Did you seriously forgot how I did this? Well, feel free to see it for yourself. Release the swarm.” Metamorphosis released the person, with all of them running away. The sky darkened, with the Tinker and Perma looking up to see a huge, dark cloud of the same insects Victor’s friend was bit by.

“... Oh crap.”


Lavina helped Mr. Pannuci by using her magic to help a sign up in place.

“Thanks for the help, Lavina.” He spoke. “But I could've done it.”

“I know, but I can't let you do it on your own.” She replied. “I’m not one to leave any people alone who needs help.”

“You're quite the angel for that.” The sky darkened over them. While a cloud was normal, they overheard a loud buzzing noise. Lavina and everyone around looked up to the sky, seeing a cloud of insects blocking the sun.

“What is that!?” One of the people asked.

“Are those… bugs?” Another asked. Lavina's heart stopped. She remembered the video and words from Victor.

“Run!” She yelled. “Everyone! Run! Get out of here! Don't look back!” She pulled her wand out and began to fire some spells.

“What about you!?” Panucci asked.

“I’ll hold them off! Get out!” He hesitantly ran away. Lavina fired her spells, hitting a good portion, but it seemed that with one hit, ten more took their place. One landed on her wand arm and bit her. A grunt escaped out of her as she ripped it off. She turned to join the others, perhaps find Perma and Tinker, but her muscles froze. Her eyes moved, as she breathed, but she saw everyone she was with running for their lives, all of them turning into living statues like her, right before her sight was blinded by more insects. Screaming was all she wanted to do.


Only the sounds of buzzing was heard, with everyone now a living statue… except Tinker and Perma. They watched as, landing through the swarm, was the Human-Changelings. Each of them snarled and hissed at each other, a near primitive form of communication, but went to work, bringing cocoons with them, and began to put people in them. One of them approached to Lavina, glowing and going into it's near seizure movement, before being controlled by Metamorphosis.

“Lavina… I have seen you in action before. A human who knows magic is quite… extraordinary. Who knows if you will turn into what the others have… either way, you're more useful than the others. I am the harbinger of your kind’s perfection. I am your King. And you have nothing to fear.” Metamorphosis exited the body, making the Changeling hiss at her before flying away. A tear fell down Lavina's left cheek.

Another changeling was about to take her and put her in one of the cocoons, before Tinker sucker punched it right into one of the building’s walls. Perma was right behind her. “Come on Tinker, we gotta take Lavina and retreat back to the castle, we can't take on so many enemies.” Perma instructed, to which Tinker only nodded and grabbed the frozen witch, her feet changing into her boosters before she flew off, Perma once more trying her best to follow behind. All the while Lavina only watching the people that she wanted to protect being taken, and she could do nothing but watch.


“Another one!” Jack yelled, followed by a punch to the jaw by Lindsey. “Oh come on! I barely felt that! Another one!”

“Are you really this thick headed?” Lindsey asked.

“Yes.”

“... I walked into that one.” She delivered another punch to his face, breaking his jaw a bit. Jack let out some painful sounds before snapping his jaw back in place.

“Puns! I’ve got them to last forever!”

“Yeah, yeah, keep it down, will ya?”

Nearby, Tanya sparred with Rocky.

“So… were you turned into this, or...?” She asked.

“I was made to keep Francis safe.” Rocky replied.

“Right… and your friend?”

“He was Francis’s best friend. Given a second chance upon his death. Turned into what you see now.”

Their conversation ended as soon as it started: Tinker kicking the door open, it being surprising since they were all in Lindsey’s gym room, and the door was a normal pony-size door. “We got trouble!” Perma was quick to shout, Lavina still in her frozen state, but the sign that she was crying earlier by tear streaks on her cheeks. Francis ran to them.

“What happened!?” He demanded. “What's wrong with her!?” Victor ran to her side.

“Oh no!” His eyes widened and heart froze before turning to Tinker and Perma “They came, didn't they?” Both nodded.

“You mean… the Changelings attacked?” Tanya asked.

“... This calls for some testing.” Victor pulled out a syringe out of his backpack. “I’ve studied with what I had, and hopefully, this will kill the venom in your bloodstream.” He placed the needle into Lavina's neck, injecting the serum. A twitch in her fingers came, which was followed by having the equivalent to a seizure as she began to throw up the bitter tasting venom in her mouth.

“We need Luna!” She shouted, spitting the last of the venom out. “Fast!”

“I’ll do that.” Lindsey spoke, running past them.

“Hopefully, this next experiment will work,” Victor spoke, pulling out some devices. “Should keep the swarms away… in theory.”

“In theory?” Rocky asked.

“Need a first hand test. Perhaps if I had the pheromones they use, then-”

“Have that handled.” Tinker spoke, taking the devices and filling them up with vacuums in her fingers.

“Ah! Excellent! Thank you, Tinker. Now… where's this village at?”


“YOU LOST HER!?!?!?Metamorphosis shouted, grabbing one of his Changelings by their necks, making them squirm. “FIND HER!!! Do whatever you must! But keep her alive! She must not die!”He took a deep breath, releasing the Changeling. “Continue your operations. I don't want to leave a mess and leave evidence.” He paused as he sensed something approaching. Turning, he saw a fairly small squad of humans; Tinker flying with a skeleton and golem, both holding her hands, Perma flying next to her, Lavina on her broom with a royal looking figure holding onto her back, and, very surprising, a giant human running with another woman on her shoulder and a guy in leather armor on her other.

“Defensive positions! We have the numbers and manipulative advantage here.” He left the Changeling host, who turned into one of the villagers and hid away.


“Alright everyone!” Luna shouted. “Be on your guard when we land! We’ll have to split into teams of three! Lavina, Francis and I are with you. Tinker, you have Tanya and Jack! Perma, you have the rest! Be on the lookout for anyone suspicious. Are we all clear!?”

Everyone gave a nod of approval to who they were teamed up with, Lavina being a little late for it, but only because she was still a little depressed after what happened to the village.

“I’m sorry about this. I really am. But don't worry, we’re going to save everyone. Afterall, we have the element of surprise on them.”

They began to split up, one team checking if there were any survivors that got away, the second checking if there were any changelings still around, and the third trying to find some kind of clue to figure out just what this new changeling ruler is doing kidnapping innocent people. Lavina's squad searched around the perimeter, hoping to find someone around, and use their magic to ward the swarm away. Tinker and Perma’s group walked through the village, both keeping an eye out. Victor’s device on the ‘living' people worked, with the swarm ignoring them. The robot’s eyes glowed red as she scanned the environment, seeking out potential hostiles with her weapons ready, with Jack following nearby, grabbing a pole as a club, and Tanya on the defense. With Perma, the ghost phased through the walls to find any sort of evidence as to why the changelings were doing this, all while Lindsey cracked her knuckles, ready for anything, along with Victor, keeping his gun primed and ready.

“I don't think anyone got out.” Francis spoke, looking up and pointing to the swarm. “There's too many of those bugs! It's a miracle if anyone was to make it out here.”

That didn’t sound good to Lavina, more concerned for all the citizens here than her own well being. She started walking down her own path, needing some time alone.

“I don’t think bringing Lavina back here was a good idea.” Perma couldn’t help but bring up, remembering what that king changeling said about needing Lavina.

“Why do you say that?” Lindsey asked.

“Yeah. She knows this place more than us.” Victor added.

“Well, it could be possible that the person behind all this also wants Lavina. He must’ve kept an eye on this town and noticed Lavina way before Princess Luna.” Perma guessed, rubbing her arm as she went through another building.

“Hmm… that does sound a bit suspicious.” They heard what sounded like coughs. Falling onto an alleyway’s wall was a woman, coughing hard while holding one of the strange, fleshy devices Victor had earlier.

“Please… help…” She begged as she stumbled to them.

Without thinking, Tinker was the first to come, eyes glowing green as the heath bar was on her arm once more. “Do not be alarmed, I am here to help you.”

How did she get here so fast?’ Perma thought, knowing Tinker was with one of the other groups. Victor and Lindsey ran to Tinker’s side.

“What's wrong!?” Lindsey asked. “What the hell is that thing in your hand!?”

“That's their device to keep the swarm from attacking them!” Victor answered.

“Saw them… wear this…” The woman coughed. “Bledding… hard… inside… rough fight…”

“Who’s them?” Perma asked, floating above the group as she last recalled, only Victor had a device like that.

“Other people… not like us… working for Changelings.”

Is she saying that there are tinies actually working for the changelings?’ Perma thought. “Well, you could tell more about this, but I think you are more important than some information, can anyone take her back to Canterlot?” She asked the others, wondering if one could go back on their own.

“No… please… my children… they're taking my children away… please, save them.”

“They're taking kids!?” Lindsey asked. “Ok, now they done fucked up.” She cracked her knuckles. “Where were they!?”

“Town square.”

“Thank you very much. Let's go and squish some bugs.”

“But what about her? She needs help as well.” Perma asked, not wanting to leave the mother alone.

“I’m sure you guys can help her. There's NO WAY I’m going to keep her in my stomach. I want to make this personal.” She marched off, heading to the middle of the village. Victor lifted the woman’s head.

“We'll get you somewhere safe.” He spoke. “Tinker? Have anything that will ease the pain.”

She nodded, opening the cover to her arm that had the health symbol, and showed an array of pill bottles and needles. She took one out that was labeled pain killers and handed it to Victor.

“Thanks. Now, this should help.”

Lindsey walked to the center of town, seeing how empty it was. A few things fell, followed by what can be heard as scurrying feet.

“Come out and fight me, you cowards!” She yelled. “I ain't got all day! I won't hesitate in becoming huge and smash everything here to squish you little fucks!” That's when Jack and Tanya ran after her.

“Dude! Really?” Jack asked. “We’re looking for people, not destroy buildings!”

“... And I don't think we need to look for them anymore.” Tanya spoke, almost becoming pale. All around the three were the Human-Changelings. Some stood on the floors or ceilings, others crawled on the walls, and others flew over them. Many of them hissed at them, all looking ready to fight.

“... So… whoever knocks out the most wins?” Jack asked.

“Oh, you're on!” Lindsey replied.

“Attack.” The voice of Metamorphosis spoke. A loud hiss from the Changelings erupted, followed by all charging at the three in the middle. Tanya took a deep breath before letting out a loud shriek, blasting those in front of her away, and telling everyone where they're at. Jack used his makeshift club, knocking the Changelings in front of him down, with Lindsey using her own strength as she grabbed one of them and started using them as a weapon.

The shriek was heard as Tinker, Victor, and Perma placed their unconscious woman inside one of the abandoned buildings.

“Oh no!” Victor yelled. “The action started and I’m not there!” He ran outside, seeing the flying Changelings. Spidey’s legs emerged as he scaled one of the buildings and cocked his weapon. “Time for some ass kicking revenge!” He Fired his weapon, letting a barrage of energy into the air. Tinker landed beside him, making her arms into machine guns.

“Objective: Subdue targets.” She blasted her own energy into the mix, hitting a couple herself, making them drop like flies. The Other Changelings saw this and ran to them.

Luna, Francis, and Lavina heard Tanya's screech, with the swarm of flying Changelings, and energy blasts from Victor and Tinker.

“Seems we’re late to the party.” Luna spoke, unsheathing her sword.

Seeing the changelings attacking once more, made something switch in Lavina’s mind. “Francis. Get my witch hat.”

“But you lost your witch hat.”

“Then I’ll make one!” She was quick to clap her hands, and a witch hat just poofing into existence. “Magic just got real.”

“... I have no comment.” Luna replied. “We have a village to save.” Her hands glowed and all three appeared right in the middle of the battle.

“Look who decided to join!?” Jack commented as he threw some Changelings.

“Hey! Shut up!” Francis replied, charging his hands with Magic. “We’re fashionably late… Where's Rocky?” The floor shook as Rocky emerged from the ground, taking on his form.

“Apologies. They tried to keep me down.” He spoke.

While Tinker was shooting , one she was aiming for was quick to turn into Lavina, which made her hesitate and miss, the girl’s mind thinking it was Lavina. That gave the creature an open window as she lunged after her and tried biting her, the creature only hitting metal, but it was surprising that it was able to actually bite into the metal exterior. Victor's spider bot lunged at the fake Lavina, making it’s hissing muffled before getting a huge shock. He picked Tinker up.

“Crap! Forgot they can turn into other people!” He spoke. “You and I need to keep an eye out. Watch each other's backs. Unless you got an X-Ray vision. Do you?” Spidey came back and turned into it's turret form, shooting at anything that got close.

“I do, but I don't think it works for this situation.” Tinker answered, getting her canon arms ready.

“Can't hurt to try.” He readied his gun again, seeing the lack of flying Changelings. “Because we're going in!” He jumped off of the roof and fired at the Changelings on the floor.

Tinker tried to use the x-ray, but it was kind of pointless since it didn't see through the magic disguise. “I told you it wouldn't work.” She rolled her eyes, jumping down and choosing to hit anything that was a changeling still.

“Then watch my back!” He began to maniacally laugh as he began to shoot the changelings as if he had a machine gun. “I’m the lord of the harvest! And you are all my crops!”

Luna, Lavina, and Francis eached used their magic to fight off the changelings, with a mix of elemental effects, conjuring weapons, and controlling the changelings to be blasted away, pulled in, or have them fight each other. Jack and Lindsey used their sheer, brute strength to knock the Changelings down, knocking them out and injuring them, usually with a broken limb. Tanya sparing used her voice, instead being defensive, throwing the Changelings that tried to attack her off balance. Rocky, meanwhile, took the blows and dealt them back, not exactly feeling the pain thrown at him, being a true tank.

Despite being together, the Changelings overwhelmed them in sheer numbers, and eventually, everyone was beginning to tire with the Changelings honing in on them. It was a lot more painful when the Changelings began to turn into them, throwing them all off, making the team battle themselves. Even Victor and Tinker, despite being close, couldn't tell who was who, and were swiftly beaten.

“Even after all your training and being special,” Metamorphosis spoke. “You're all defeated. Especially you, your majesty.” Luna coughed as she looked up to the possessed Changeling.

“Metamorphosis… and here I thought the legends were fake.”

“Ah. You've heard about me?”

“The supposed first Changeling ever. Took ponies to turn them into your kind. A supposed scary story to keep foals at home. But you're real, and attacking humans. Why?”

“Think of it as… pest control in a way. You will thank me when this is all over. Even if your kind can't have it's living snacks anymore.”

“Let go of me!” Lavina shouted, having some weird changeling gel stuff that bound her arms and legs together, making her defenseless. One of the changelings was carrying her as it approached the other one that had Metamorphosis controlling it.

“You will be released. You, and you allies, will be free of being the living invaders, and become a part of something greater. Including your ghost friend.” He used some magic to grab Perma, who was hiding away. The ghost tried to flee, but was carried to the controlled Changeling. “Turning you into something better will be impossible. So, I offer you this choice: join me, or I will send you to the afterlife fate has determined for you.”

Lavina was silent, wanting to say she rather die, but knowing that the villagers would still be in danger. But she thought of something else. “I heard that you wanted me mostly, correct?” She spoke up. “If I accept your offer, will you free the citizens that were here… and my friends?”

“... It's a tempting offer… but your kind, humans, need to be dealt with before you plunder Equestria into chaos. I’m not the villain here; I’m doing what needs to be done before it's too late.” He picked her up. “So, the answer is no. There's no negotiations here. You are going to aid me in saving the world from yourselves.”

“Then you might as well kill me cause I won’t follow a freaky bug alien like you.” She glared at him before turning her head away, not giving in that easily.

“I have no intentions on killing you.” He brought her head towards him, forcefully turning her head to face him. “You, and everyone here, are already mine!” A small buzzing came, one that sounded much more different than the rest of the swarm. Appearing between their faces was a small, glowing bug… which grew into a normal sized woman that delivered a swift kick to the Changeling’s face, knocking it and Lavina down.

The person was quick to catch Lavina in her arms, making the witch get a closer look at the girl. She looked like an average girl, having long white hair, pointed ears, and was wearing a one piece outfit that was a short dress made out of something that she couldn’t quite figure out what it was. But other than that, the big difference was a pair of transparent wings on her back. She could’ve also sworn that the girl didn’t have any shoes… and that her figure was one that people could only dream of.

“Metta, sweetie. This isn’t the way to handle some rare merchandise.” She spoke, seeming to know the changeling king, and acting as if they were close friends. “And why are you trying to get more girls, already over me?” She had a smirk on the whole time, it ticking the king off over how calm and cheerful she was.

“YOU!!! I THOUGHT I GOT RID OF YOU!!!”

“Who is that!?” Tania asked.

“Another size shifter!?” Lindsey asked.

“Is that… a fairy?” Francis asked, a bit dumbfounded.

“Oh come on Metta. You think the 37th time would be the charm?” The fairy spoke, the smile never leaving her face as she placed Lavina down and flew around him, her wings fluttering and keeping her airborne. “You should know that your scouts got their incompetence from their daddy~.” She lighty pinched his cheek. He smacked them away and hissed.

“AFTER HER!!! Kill her this time!”Her smug didn't escape as when one charged right in front of, and another behind, she shrink to the size of a bug(from a tiny’s perspective) and swiftly flew over them, making the two crash into each other, before becoming big and throwing a few good punches at another, shrinking and flying under their legs, and suplexing the one.

“Awe come on Metta. Did you bring the dumber ones just to get rid of them?” She taunted, standing a few feet away from the group. “Heck, I won’t turn small this time. I’ll make it easy for them.” Metamorphosis hissed, having all of the changelings tackle her at once. Her hands glowed, with her becoming a blur, with her twirling around as if she was like a ballerina, and blasted everyone with what looked like white magic blasts from her hands.

“... And she has super speed?” Jack asked before his jaw literally dropped off. Metamorphosis grabbed onto her, getting her into a full nelson.

“THIS IS THE LAST TIME YOU GET AWAY, Segi!!!”He hissed.

Segi couldn’t help but gasp. “You want me to stay with you? Awe, I don’t think we are that committed yet, at least take me to dinner.” It was surprising that her body glowed pink, almost as if her aura was matching her emotions.

ENOUGH WITH YOUR JOKES!!! DIE!!!” He pulled a dagger out and was close to stabbing her. She reverse head butted him, freeing herself before the blade could touch her. The Changeling roared and threw some more daggers at her. Segi hopped into the air with a twirl, the blades missing her, followed by her running alongside one, giving herself momentum, before delivering a hard kick that knocked some of the changeling’s teeth out.

“Oof! I bet the tooth fairy will give you some extra bits for those.” Metamorphosis gave a low growl.

“... Get what you can. Retreat!” Metamorphosis left the body, making the Changeling hiss, picking up one of the nearby cocoons and flying off. The Changelings around got up, picked up their fallen allies and flew off with some of the cocoons, leaving a vast majority behind.

“No!” Lavina yelled. “They're getting away!” She began to struggle in the slime-cuffs she was in.

The fairy didn’t waste a moment as she flew right to where Metamorphosis was. “Aww, you can’t leave without a farewell hug.” She smirked, quick to grab him, and get a tight grip on him, her muscles flexing as she was quick to suplex him back to the ground, taking some of the changelings, including the one that had the cocoon down. “And no need to hide that surprise gift, I’ll be taking that.” She added, floating down to where the knocked out changeling was, placing a hand over the cocoon before she broke it with the same foot, bursting the shell, but avoiding the people inside that was still unconscious. The Changeling hissed and flew back, following the rest of the swarm with their own cocoons.

“... I am speechless.” Luna spoke, trying to get out of her slime-cuffs. “Um… excuse me, Ms. Segi, was it? But you wouldn't happen to know a way to get us out of these, would you? We need to get the people out of these cocoons.”

“Oh that’s easy. Just break ‘em. There as fragile as a hollow pinata.” She answered, her hands glowing as the weird slime binds on Lavina disintegrated and she was free, flexing her hands and legs. “At least to me.” She smiled, setting herself down on one of the benches in the village. “Man, it’s been awhile since I had a work out like that, nice to see Metta again as well.”

“... I have so many questions for you.”

“And I have so many answers to give you.” She shot right back, knowing full well what they might be thinking in their head. “But maybe this village isn’t the best place, with injured fighters and civilians.”

“Right… we should get everyone out of their cocoons first.”

With some time, everyone was free from their slimy shackles, and ventured around the village, opening the cocoons that were left behind. The venom in the bitten people’s bodies quickly left, with the people inside their cocoon conscious, seeing everything and alerting everyone to their area, albeit, muffled. Lavina had a mental note, seeing who was taken and who was behind. In one hand, she was glad to see that about 80% of all people were saved, but on the other, the rest were taken away to who knows where, with those taken being the people that supported her thoroughly, almost treating her like family.

“So, shall we start the Q&A?” Segi asked, still relaxing on the same bench.

“Um… yes,” Luna replied, seeing how desperate Lavina looked. “Can someone help Lavina while I talk to our friend?” She turned and cleared her throat. “Ok… easy to say your name is Segi. Whether it's real or not can wait. But how are you… well, this? How did you become what looks like a Breezie-Human hybrid?”

“Ah, well I was actually one of the first changeling human experiments he’s been doing. Or you would call them hybrids. He was a little concerned that the genetic mixing might fail, seeing how changelings and tinies are different size. So using some breezie magic that he made some captured brezzies give away, I was made. But that magic changed my appearance, and also the mindless following that changelings do, making me a free girl.” She explained. “But I also learned that if tinies try to go to the realm of the breezies, they get even smaller. Hence how I can change size. But the magic I have remains the same, which is why my aura seems brighter when I shrink.” As an example, she shrunk down, the orb of light and her wings only being seen as it flew by her before it was settled on her shoulder. “And don’t worry about talking, you aren’t loud, and I’m not some high pitch squeaky voice either.”

“Well… that's something. I thank you for saving us from a fate worse than death, but I have one question that I hope you'll say yes to; will you join this group of mine? We need all the help we can get, and, maybe more.”

“Hmm, maybe.” She rubbed her chin. “Do you happen to know a unicorn? I could really use some magic aura from one of them.” She said, letting out a small sigh. “That whole fight wore be down, and I could use some time to relax.”

“I’m an Alicorn. What you see is just a form I use to let me get up and personal in the day while my body sleeps on the morning.”

“Oh, an alicorn? Well maybe once we go back to Canterlot, I might consider it.” She smirked a little. “But I’ve heard that my thing around magic unicorn aura… is kind of weird.” The aura glowed pink, around her.

“Considering we already have a witch, a ghost, a robot, a wizard, a golem, a Revenant, a woman that can grow into a giant, and a woman who lets out loud shrieks, you're not exactly weird from the rest.”

“Hey. I’m not saying I’m weird. Just some things I have to do.” She corrected herself, but knowing she was weird compared to any normal person.

“Well, I hope we can help you that. Do you prefer to live in a tree? Or in a flower bed? A mix of both?”

“Doesn’t matter to me to be honest. I could sleep on a rock if I need to.” She flew off of Luna’s shoulder, growing back to normal as she stood beside her.

“Well, I’ll try to make your stay as comfortable as possible. The worst I want for us is to go into battle without a good sleep.”

“Oh, don’t worry about that. I can work fine under any situation.” She smiled, deciding to not say anything about her greatest strength being her downfall as well. “So, shall we be on our way?”

“Of course… right after Lavina's finished.” She turned to see Tinker comforting the witch. “Is she alright?”

“I think she might be more stable when we head back to Canterlot.” Tinker suggested, thinking that the witch may need some time away from the village

“... Well, I think it's time to leave, everyone. Let's get back to the castle.”


The Canterlot gardens tree had, around it, a bed of flowers and mushrooms around it, though, a treehouse was built in the tree. Luna, in her pony self, snipped the last few leaves off, making a walkway for Segi. Segi sat on her mane, watching the process, but also crossing off her inner bucket list of feeling any of the princesses’ mane.

“There we, and finished.” Luna spoke. “Well, what do you think?”

“Looks pretty good.” She smirked, flying down to the flowerbed, then up at the treehouse as she went through the front entrance, checking out the interior. “Looks better on the inside, which is surprising since this was originally a birdhouse.”

“I have my ways. If you feel lonely, Rocky’s down below… assuming you can wake him up, of course. But you said something about needing magic?”

“Yeah. I need some magic aura.” She was quick to poke her head out of a window. “It doesn’t matter which spell you are casting, just as long as your aura is showing.”

“Hmm… I can do that. Kinda wondering what's going to happen.” Her horn glowed, casting a simple light spell.

Immediately, her eyes dilated and she was quick to fly to her horn and latch onto it, being covered in the magic aura as well. Luna had a surprised look to her face.

“Uh… is this normal?”

No response came from Segi as she could feel the fairy rubbing against her horn, snuggling it while also sensing some of her magic going missing, probably moving from her to Segi. Of course things went a little weird when she breathed in a shaky breath… as if she was really getting into it. Luna stopped her spell, feeling really awkward about the whole experience. Segi snapped out of it once she stopped. “Huh? What happened? I blacked out for a second.” She shook her head, not knowing what just happened.

“You were snuggling my horn… a bit TOO much. Is that normal or…?”

“O-oh, yeah… I told you it would be weird.” She mumbled, moving away as she rubbed her arm, her aura changed. Instead of the white aura, it was the same blue color as Luna’s.

“Well… I’ll be prepared next time. It felt… weird, to say the least… you were like a moth to a lightbulb.”

“Y-yeah, that happens when I see or hear the magic aura of a unicorn.” She admitted, the blue color fading as it changed back to white, then pink. “I kind of need it if I want to keep the magic… and to hide the changeling side of me.” She mumbled the last part.

“Oh? Well… I know someone who can help. But not now. You should rest.” She gently nudged Segi into her home. “I’m glad that you can join us. With what you said, people will not have to go through with what you did.”

“O-oh, well, yeah… it’s not really that bad, b-but okay.” She backed away to her home before she went inside and found her way to the bedroom, the bed being a flower-style pin cushion with a leaf-looking quilt, Luna wanting to make everything flower or nature related since breezies were one of the creatures that were linked and relied on flower pollen.

“Good night!”

“Night!”

Luna sighed and walked away.

‘That was too close today. If it weren't for Segi, this whole thing would've ended. We need more special people.’ Luna entered her room, only to see Celestia in her room.

“Rough day, sister?” Celestia asked.

“Yes. Especially for Lavina.”

“I heard. So, a fairy’s with you?”

“Yes.”

“But you need more special humans to join you?”

“... How do you know-?”

“I’m your sister. You're easy to tell.”

“... What do you have in mind?”

“Do what we always do; work together. You only found some special humans. With me, we can find more.”

“... So we combine our spells?”

“Precisely.”

“Well, we need all the help we can get, so it shouldn't hurt.”

“Excellent! Let's get started before I need to sleep.” Celestia's horn glowed, with Luna following closing her eyes and joining in the spell.

Author's Note:

The next chapter by Pixel and I. We'll be taking a short break, but we hope you enjoy this.

PreviousChapters Next