• Published 19th Nov 2015
  • 11,234 Views, 487 Comments

Tales from Tinies. - MrAquino



An anthology of different tales involving small humans in a world filled with giant ponies.

  • ...
104
 487
 11,234

PreviousChapters Next
Dental Dillema

Author's Note:

Actually written by Ponythroat himself! You may not know, but he's drawn a few pictures for this anthology of fics. But since he doesn't have a FimFic account (None that I know of), here's his:
Furaffinity, Derpibooru, Tumblr, Aryion, YouTube and E621

He had a deviantart, but it's been cancelled.

Brittany stands in a giant, for lack of a better term, ponified version of a dentist’s office. Why she’s here, well, technically, this is what she studied in college. Of course she meant to work in the typical dentist’s office, the kind she was used to and only have to face the more typical problems associated with dental work. Unfortunately for her, not too long after she’d been hired at one, she was whisked away to Equestria, a magical land of giant talking ponies that love to have the now tiny humans wander around in their stomachs for a while.

She’d been found and eaten by one such pony. A bubbly mare, whose color scheme reminded her of Colgate toothpaste after she got a chance to think about it. Interestingly enough, the mare, Minuette as it turns out, had been using that as a sort of nickname as her job turned out to be dentistry, and after a bit of what the ponies call “Tummy Talk”, Brittany had told Minuette about her life before ending up in Equestria, including the dentistry education. Minuette coughed her up, taught her pony dentistry, and hired her as an assistant.

Now instead of worrying about a patient accidentally biting her finger, she now has to worry about a patient biting her entire being. A painful, though happily non-fatal experience, she found out first hand with a filly who now brings her tiny treats as a sort of ongoing apology. Another problem was of course being swallowed by a patient. It had happened to her a few times, and for the most part, Minuette had been attentive enough to get her out fairly quickly.

She’d even figured out who her favorite and least liked patients were. For the most part, she could never stay mad at the foals, and even at their massive size, she still found them absolutely adorable. The adults were more varied, her favorite had to be a mare named Fluttershy; she was the most gentle patient there.

Then of course her least favorites she’d compiled a small list: Spoiled Rich, who lived up to her name, would often complain about basically everything. Rainbow Dash, whom she referred to as 'The Gulper', made every attempt to swallow her whenever she could. Zecora, though she was nice, if a little hard to understand, but her problem was that she apparently didn’t believe in dental hygiene, yet comes to a dentist’s office as her teeth, though amazingly healthy, were always covered in the nastiest gunk imaginable. Finally there is-

“NO! AH SAID NO!” Yells the patient as her two siblings literally drag her in.

Brittany ducks behind a bunch of the giant dental supplies. “Oh no, I forgot that Applejack’s appointment was today!” She quickly looks around for a better hiding spot. “I better make myself scarce!” She takes off, running for another piece of cover, before being snagged by Minuette’s magical grip.

“Brittany, if I have to deal with Applejack, you have to deal with Applejack.” The normally bubbly mare says rather disdainfully.

“Well you don’t actually have to walk in there!” Brittany yells back.

“And you don’t have to deal with her hooves if she gets frantic, so we’re even.” Minuette replies through clenched teeth as she stares up at her horn. Apparently, some time before Brittany arrived, Applejack had actually hit her and supposedly bent her horn. Though after seeing other unicorns, Brittany couldn’t see a difference. Still Brittany sighs and gives up.

Why’d it have to be Applejack?! Couldn’t it have been Applebloom or Big Mac? Brittany thinks to herself as they approach. If it were Big Mac at least I’d just have to deal with his breath, or if it were Applebloom I’d only have to deal with her foal-like curiosity. No, it had to be Applejack!

Minuette carefully set Brittany down on a special sink, or in Brittany’s case a shower, which she uses to disinfect herself and the suit she wears to go inside any patient’s mouth. The suit itself is made from a latex “hoof” glove that Minuette got Rarity to alter into, essentially, a scuba diver’s wetsuit for her. The rubbery texture of the suit helps her to get some more grip and walk around in a pony’s mouth easier, while keeping most of her from getting wet. Only a few parts of her remain uncovered; her hands and her face. To cover her eyes, she has a special set of goggles that Minuette had special ordered.

The few tools she has for the job are attached to a belt she puts on. One is a spray bottle that contains, essentially, liquid toothpaste. A brush for scrubbing teeth. A rag for the easier to clean jobs. And a hand mirror for looking between teeth. All of which have a strap for her hand or wrist so she doesn’t lose them.

Her job is simple: she goes in after Minuette has done the regular cleaning to get any hard to reach areas and any spots that may have been missed. It’s almost like a reversal of position, except that Minuette examines the patient once again after that.

Brittany gets herself, the suit, and her tools, all disinfected, and waits for Minuette to finish. Upon which she is lifted up and moved into Applejack’s mouth, being set down gently on her tongue.

As she starts to get her balance, she looks around her new landscape. The massive maw acts as if it is a picture frame to the outside world, the large teeth making up the top and bottom frame while the inner portion of the cheeks make up the sides. The tongue, though covered in bump-like taste buds, is slick with saliva, which also drips from the roof of the mouth and forms thin liquid pillars in some areas, glistening in the light being shone in. The marble white teeth also glisten in the light. The red flesh around her, particularly the flesh at the back of the mouth, expands and contracts with each breath.

Brittany swallows nervously as she gazes at Applejack’s throat. No matter how many times I do this, and how safe I actually am, this is still the most unnerving, scariest thing I’ve ever done! She watches as it expands once more, an audible schlurp sounds out as pooling saliva moves around somewhere back there. Why does it look like it’s trying to invite me into going down there?! She turns and starts heading toward the back teeth. Okay Brittany, the sooner you get this done the sooner you can get out.

She sits on the tongue and slides her legs in between it and the rearmost molar. “C-Close!” She says nervously. This procedure is done with most patients, except foals, whose mouths aren’t quite as big and she can easily touch the roof, and Rainbow Dash, whose mouth is restrained open and Minuette levitates her around it, and even then, Dash has been able to swallow her. As Applejack slowly shuts her mouth, Brittany watches with awe and dread as the two sets of teeth slowly get closer together, before closing with a light click.

Now, as a tiny, the magic that brought her here allows her a low amount of vision in what should be an utterly dark cave. However, as she slides the suit’s goggles over her eyes, she can see just as well as she could if she were in a fully lit room. She starts examining each of the teeth, looking for patches of plaque, feeling between them to see if there’s plaque and to see how healthy the gums are, and looking for any signs of damage or the beginnings of any cavities. The saliva makes a schlock ingredients noise as she walks. The worst part though is Applejack’s tongue, which constantly probes her, pushing her up against the teeth and pushing her around on the inside. Stop Applejack, I know you don't like receiving help, but the sooner I get done, the sooner I get out.

Not even a quarter of the way around the inward portion of Applejack’s teeth, as she also has to do the exterior and the crowns, the tongue wrenches itself underneath her and flicks her in the only direction it can. Unlike the previous ones though, this one has more power and sends her sliding across the rest of the tongue and to the one place she really doesn’t want to go.

She hits the back with a wet thump and slides down until she ends up standing on Applejack’s epiglottis. Looking down at her feet, her heart feels like it’s trying to rip out of her chest as she glances down the long tunnel that is AJ’s trachea. The entrance and time itself seem to be moving at a crawl as she looks even further at the tight wad of muscles that make up the entrance to AJ’s esophagus. Her heart begins to pound even louder as she watches in, what seems to be slow motion, as the epiglottis moves to cover the trachea, and at the same time, the esophagus begins to open.

Then everything picks up the pace as she slides down into the pulsing tunnel, pushing her speedily towards the stubborn, farm pony’s stomach. The knowledge of her safety pushed to the back of her mind, she does the only thing she can in these tight quarters: scream. On the outside Applejack stiffens as she feels Brittany’s descent, realizing this is only going to keep her here longer. Minuette puts a hoof to her forehead, realizing the same thing. “This is going to be a long appointment.” She groans.

Brittany’s journey ends with a splat as she lands in what's left of Applejack’s breakfast. She struggles frantically against the slowly churning mass and muscles until she braces herself against one of the walls. Once again, she slowly takes in her new surroundings. The wrinkled, pulsing walls glisten with digestive enzymes and mucous. The way she came in, sealed shut by another tight wad of muscle. A vast churning lake of mush, juice, saliva, and acid separated her from another tight wad of muscle making up the exit she didn’t want to take.

Her mind, finally overtaking her survival instincts, she starts to calm down as she remembers that in all technicality this is the safest she can possibly be, even as unnerving as it is to entrust your life to a giant being that has consumed you. Suddenly the muscles converge on her and push her back up as quick as she came down. A loud noise sounds around her as she rockets back up the apple farmer’s throat and she lands with a splat on Minuette’s face.

“Thanks a lot, Applejack, thanks a lot.” She says sarcastically, turning to the sink and washing Brittany and the spot on her face where she landed off. “Guess what, Miss Stubborn? Now we have to start all over again.”

Both Brittany and Applejack let out a sigh, before Brittany is once again placed inside Applejack’s mouth. As soon as Applejack closes her mouth, she swallows. Minuette puts a hoof to her forehead. “This is going to be a long day…”

PreviousChapters Next