• Published 19th Nov 2015
  • 11,244 Views, 487 Comments

Tales from Tinies. - MrAquino



An anthology of different tales involving small humans in a world filled with giant ponies.

  • ...
104
 487
 11,244

PreviousChapters Next
Cuteness Overload

The second Changeling Kingdom. When her first Kingdom fell from Starlight Glimmer’s rescue squad, and the traitor, Thorax, Queen Chrysalis escaped to parts still yet to be uncovered by Equestria. It took a long time, nearly half a decade, to build her new kingdom, but it was worth it. While it wasn't high and mighty like her old kingdom, and it didn't have the same magic to protect it, it was better than nothing. And with the news of tiny humans arriving, simply called Tinies, she started to make plans on how to achieve both vengeance and taking over Equestria. However, she was going to learn a major con about Tinies, more specifically, babies.

It was an uneventful day at the Changeling Kingdom; Drones flew in and out of the various entrances as some knights were on patrol. However, this otherwise quiet day, one that made Chrysalis fell asleep, was quickly ruined by the sound of something crying. As much as the guards wanted to, it was their duty to stay put and guard the hive. Investigating was a drone’s job. One flew over the two.

“You!” One of the two guards yelled, stopping the drone. The drone looked around in confusion.

“Me?” It asked.

“Yes, you. Go and find out what's crying!”

“... But the queen told me to-”

“Did I stutter!?”

“... N-no.”

“Go and investigate! And while you're there, take it out… and if you're in danger, scream, and we'll get the hive ready for an attack.” The drone sighed and flew to find the source of the crying.

After some time flying around, the Drone was close to the source of the crying. Looking, all he saw was a tiny basket with a moving blanket in it. He didn't think through and moved the blanket with his magic, seeing a tiny baby, no bigger than a grain of rice. It stopped crying as it stared at the drone, who stared back.

“... Huh… a baby tiny.” He only commented, carrying the baby and basket in his magic. “Oh-ho-ho! I'm going to become captain of the guard for sure!” His gut growled. The Changeling licked his lips, ready for a snack, but looked around. “I'll have you in the hive.” His wings buzzed as he flew off. Unfortunately, another Changeling followed him.


The lone drone, who we'll call First Drone, went into one of the various nurseries and set the basket down. He sniffed at the baby, getting it's scent, but gagged as it left a surprise in it's diaper.

“Alright… time to get rid of that then it'll be snack time.” It was a quick change, and he prepared himself for the taste of a lifetime. His maw was open and over the baby and basket, but he stopped as he heard footsteps approaching, which was followed by hissing. He turned around and hissed himself as more Changelings entered, following the same guard, who we'll call first guard, that told him to investigate.

“And what do you have there?” First Guard asked, followed by a hiss. First Drone hissed back.

“Back off! This is mine! I'm gonna eat it and the queen's gonna make me captain!”

“No! There's no need for a new captain! I'm next and you're just a drone!”

“You should've found it yourself, lazy bones!”

“I'll show you Lazy Bones!!!” The two charged and tackled each other with loud hissing. Normally, a fight would last for half an hour, and one of the two would either be dead or fatally wounded while the other was victorious and be untouched for a week. This fight lasted less than three seconds as the baby tiny they were both going to fight over giggled.

“... D’AWWW!!!” Every Changeling spoke in unison with their eyes widening and ears drooping. First Drone and Guard shook their heads.

“W-What just happened?” First Guard asked in confusion.

“What was that?” First Drone added, psyched out. All the baby did was let out a babble. Both stared at the baby, up until the guard shook his head.

“I'm sorry, where were we?”

“Oh, right.” First Guard jumped to the other side of the baby.

“Alright! I'm gonna devour this thing!”

“I'm gonna bite it's arm clear off!” First Drone pounced at the baby, but extended the tip of his tongue out and lapped at the baby's cheek.

The baby showed a small look of surprise before it started to laugh at how ticklish the snake-like tongue was on their cheek.

“... You didn't bite it's arm off.” First Guard glared.

“It tastes just like flowers!” First Drone spoke, his eyes widening and glittering while his tail wagged like a puppy's.

“Alright, stand aside! GRAAHH!!!” First Guard, unsure why, began to lap at the baby's other cheek. First Drone leaned in.

“Look at what you're doing.”

“I did the same thing you did.” With a short pause, they both lapped at the baby's cheeks simultaneously.

The baby kicked its small legs before they burst into adorable laughter. The Changelings lifted their heads up.

“I think I am in love!” First Drone exclaimed. “Are you in love!?”

“I think I am in love too.” First Guard answered. “Are you in love?”

“I am in love!”

“I agree! I agree! I agree!” First Guard flew up. “Alright! Everyone! For now, this is a Changeling! Nobody hurts it, or eats it!”

“... Who's going to take care of it?” One of them asked in the crowd. He flew back down.

“Well, since you asked, it is I who will watch over this baby! It will-”

“Hey!” First Drone yelled. “If anyone's going to watch over the baby, it's me! I found it first, I brought it in, so it's mine!”

“Oh!? And what do you know about raising babies!?”

“More than you, dingus!” Various ‘Ooh’s came from the crowd.

“Oh, sure, what are you going to do? Teach it how to fix the webs?”

“That, and how to maintain the hive, keep everything in check, and navigate through hostile territories!”

“You're gonna make it a coward! It'll grow up to become a warrior; Courage, Strength, and Honor will be her way of living! You can meet her when the battle is over and she basks in greatness.”

“And make her stupid like you?” More ‘Ooh’s.

“What did you just say!?”

“I didn't stutter!” The two stared down at each other and hissed again, up until a third entered and took the baby away.

“I apologize for the intrusion,” The third spoke in a feminine voice, who we'll call First Nurse “But I can't have a lady like this do any of your jobs.”

“...Lady!?” They both asked in shock.

“Of course it's a girl. She'll grow up and become a nurse, tend to the sick and injured from all sides, and care for our young. Plus, with what I've heard, she'll make great massages to any of your guts.” She gently placed the baby down.

“What the-!? We don't want to eat her!” First Guard yelled

“I agree!” First Drone added. “She'll get along with those that maintain the hive.”

“I think you mean ‘With her brothers in arms’.”

“Drone!”

“Guard! ”

“Nurse!” First Nurse added. All three hissed but heard the baby giggle. They paused and looked around. A loud gasp came as they saw the baby crawl it's way into a section that has yet to be made.

“THE BABY!!!” They all yelled, flying and buzzing their way to the baby.

The new cave that was used was held by and worked on by the other various Changeling Drones. It was going to be another living quarters, but seeing another drone, a guard and a nurse entering wildly made them confused, but continue their work.

“Where is it!? Where is it!?” First Drone panicked.

“... Over there!” First Guard pointed, seeing the baby crawl it's way over a plank of wood over placed stalagmites.

“It's gonna fall!” First Nurse shrieked. She attempted to run ahead and catch it, but was tripped by First Guard.

“Thanks!” First Drone spoke, flying to the baby.

“Hey!” The two yelled. They both ran and tackled First Drone. Meanwhile, some of the other drones who were in charge of making the next area of the castle were talking.

“So, do you think the queen will be mad that we’re slacking off a little?” But the other changeling didn’t answer as her ears perked up at the sound of giggling. The two looked down to see a cute tiny baby with their hands out, almost asking to be picked up.

“Aww~ isn’t it such a cu--” She didn’t finish as their black shell nearly turned white when a tripped First Nurse fell onto the other end as the baby was flung away from the pair.

“OH MY FAUST!” They both shouted as they too started to join the chase, not wanting the tiny thing to get hurt. Unfortunately, all the drones turned and saw the baby laughing while it was launched in the air. A collective gasp was heard, followed by one shout that shook the cave.

“MY BABY!!!”

All forms of productivity were put on hold… permanently. All the drones selflessly flew up and caught the baby. Well… one caught it, but was immediately tackled, launching the baby again to be captured by another drone, who was, again, tackled, launching the baby again. This went for a bit, but everyone froze as they heard a loud crack. Looking up, the Changelings realized that the ceiling was giving in while they had their game of keep away. Another loud crack and some rocks fell in with a waterfall of dust.

“RUN!!!” One of them yelled. Massive shrieks erupted as the ceiling collapsed, with sand pouring on everyone and rocks pelting some. Everyone ran out as the cave was collapsed. All the Changelings gasped and took in their breaths, relieved as no one was seriously injured.

“Where's the baby!?” First Nurse yelled. All the Changelings gasped and looked around their hooves and each other while saying things like “Here, baby!” or “Where are you?”. Then the sound of giggling was heard. All focused on First Guard, who stood awkwardly. Another giggle came, but it was muffled. A small hand popped from between his lips.

“...GET HIM!!!” One of them yelled. First Guard turned and ran as all of the Changelings swarmed after him. The baby bounced on his tongue, messing and pulling at the muscle, not showing any fear. They ran into the training grounds, where other guards forged their weapons, armor, gear, and prepared for combat. At least ten drones tackled First Guard, who, upon impact, spat the baby like a spitball.

“BABY!!!” He yelled in shock, pushing the drones off. The baby slid down the blunt end of one of the swords as if it were a slide. First Guard covered his eyes. Next, the baby slid along the floor; one of the drones flew to catch it, but was caught in some rope, making the weapons above shake. First drone covered his ears. Finally, all the weapons rained all over the baby. First Nurse covered her mouth. Silence came from them all. The sound of laughter came from the pile. A loud sigh of relief came from them all. Another guard approached to the mess and picked the baby up.

“Aww~! It's so adorable!”

“What are you doing!?” Another yelled from behind.

“GAH!!!” The guard accidentally threw the baby into the sky. All of the guards watched and gasped as the baby was going to fall into a barrel of rusty nails. Another guard ran and pushed the barrel over and stood on top of it, catching the baby in his hooves. Unfortunately, all of the Changelings swarmed to him, trying to take the baby from him. The guard tried to run, but being on a barrel, it made him roll around and attempt to keep his balance as he moves. Soon, the place erupted into chaos as every Changeling was fighting each other to keep the baby for themselves, and loud yips were yelled, not from the punches thrown, but the rusty nails they stepped on.

In the chaos, First Nurse tripped the barrel riding guard, making him let go of the baby and fall face first into the forge. The baby was launched again, but First Nurse grabbed it and flew into the Nursery. The barrel-tripped guard stuck his even darkened face out of the fire, screaming in pain.

“SHE TOOK THE BABY!!!” The violence stopped momentarily as every drone and guard stood in confusion. “THAT NURSE! SHE TOOK THE BABY!!!”

“NO ONE STEALS MY BABY!!!” First Drone yelled flying to the Nursery.

“YOU'RE NOT GONNA TAKE MY BABY!!!” First Guard yelled, flying after him.

First Nurse made it in the nursery room, turning and blowing a raspberry at the oncoming swarm of Guards and Drones as the wall closed. Thousands of muffled bangings and yellings came.

“There we go,” She stated. “We should be safe in here.” Several loud bangings was heard, followed by the walls cracking. She took several steps back from the walls as the cracks grew and the bangings got louder. The walls caved in as several guards and drones stood, having used each other as living battering rams.

“MY BABY!!!” First Drone and Guard yelled before swarming in, knocking the nurse down, causing the baby to go flying again. The nurses watched in awe as the baby landing in their queen's old stroller from when she was a baby. One of the nurses ran and rolled the stroller out. All of the Changelings snapped out of it and chased after the nurse. Many of the drones had the same idea and used the tunnels, landing ahead of the nurse, which so happened to be in the remodeling throne room. A loud crash came, destroying the crib, and sent the baby flying. All of the Changelings flew up to catch it. Some of the younger Changelings saw what was happening.

“... What are they doing?” A guard in training asked.

“I dunno.” a drone in training replied. “Maybe it's a new game.”

“Ooh! I love games!” A nurse in training spoke. “Last one in’s a rotten Thorax!” All of the young Changelings entered the swarm having no idea what's happening, only that they shouted “My baby!”.

Every Changeling was in a massive dog pile, all yelling “My Baby!” on repeat. What started off as a fun chase turned into a claustrophobic nightmare of loud, giant Changelings wanting her. It's bottled emotions were on the rise, and it exploded into tears! All the Changelings were blown away, literally, and the baby was tossed into the air, crying it's tears out. All the Changelings wanted to catch it as it fell to the floor, but a similar green glow caught the baby's diaper before it touched the ground. Walking around the corner was Chrysalis herself. Her web-like Mane was ruffled and her eyes were partially open, somewhere between waking up and drifting back to sleep. However, she had the look that told them that she was going to yell at any moment.

“... I was having the best nap… and this happens?” She began, taking deep breaths through her nose. “... Who's responsible for this?” Every Changeling flew back and made themselves a barrier, pushing First Drone, Guard, and Nurse out. All three cowered, shivered, and hugged each other with noticeable whimpering. “... You three, come with me. The rest of you… get back to work.” Without any word, all of the Changelings dispersed into a swarm and flew back to their jobs. Chrysalis’s horn glowed brighter and she dragged the three into her chambers.

“NO!!! WAIT!!! WE'RE SORRY!!!” First Guard panicked. “IT WAS THEIR FAULT! I'M INNOCENT!!!”

“INNOCENT!?!?!?” First Drone yelled. “YOU MADE ME GET THE BABY, IDIOT!!! IT WOULD'VE BEEN A GREAT DRONE THAN SOME STUPID GUARD!!!”

“WRONG!!!” First Nurse yelled. “I WANTED IT SAFE AND A NURSE WOULD WORK! IF YOU ALL JUST-”

“SHUT UP!!!” Chrysalis roared. The kingdom shook and the baby, though stopped it's crying momentarily, sniffled. The wall closed right behind her, trapping them all in with her. She took a deep breath, holding the baby in her hooves. “Now… slowly, and without whining, what happened?” The three stood there in silence, unsure on what to say. “... Fine, I guess this will be my snack.” She lifted the baby up and opened her maw, ready to drop the baby into her gut.

“NO!!! STOP!!!” They all yelled in panic.

“I TOLD HIM TO FIND SOMETHING CRYING NEARBY!!!” First Guard spoke.

“AND I DID AND I BROUGHT THE BABY IN, HOPING TO BE THE NEW CAPTAIN!!!” First Drone added.

“AND WE FOUGHT OVER IT!!!”

“BUT IT WAS TOO ADORABLE AND WE WANTED TO RAISE IT!!!”

“I WANTED IT TO BE A GUARD!!!”

"I WANTED IT TO BE A DRONE!!!”

“AND I WANTED IT TO BE A NURSE!!!” The Nurse added. “AND CHAOS ENSUED!!! PLEASE!!!-”

“DON'T HURT OUR BABY!!!” They all teared up. Chrysalis’s eyes were widened, now fully awake, though she blinked in confusion. She turned to the baby, who sniffled at her presence.

“... You're saying that you… love this thing?” She asked. They all nodded.

“The whole hive did.” First Drone spoke. Chrysalis turned to the baby and brought it to her muzzle. She sniffed it, getting a whiff that this baby was filled with lots of love. She licked it, to which the baby giggled. Just the giggling alone made Chrysalis feel funny inside, and she smiled. But she shook out of it and regained her serious composure.

“So… you wish to keep this… baby?” She asked. They all nodded. “... Fine. But I have certain things for you all to follow.”

“Anything, your majesty!” The guard spoke.

“First, tell everyone about this.”

“Done!” The Drone spoke.

“Unless instructed by me, no one's allowed to eat the baby.”

"Of course.” The nurse added.

“Each of you will have take turns in raising her through your own means.”

“Uh… s-sure.” The guard spoke.

“And finally, she is to return to my chambers every night.”

“... What?” the drone asked.

“I will be personally watching over her progress. She will be the first human to be raised like a Changeling queen.”

“That's… Pretty good.” The guard spoke, followed by them nodding in unison.

“What will be her name, your majesty?” The nurse asked.

“...I feel this will be a necessary, but great change to our ways of life. She will be… Pupa…" She smiled, finding many ways that this baby can be useful. She turned looked up to see the three still standing there. "What are you standing for? Leave us!”

"Yes, Your Majesty!" The Changelings spoke and ran out as soon as the wall opened for them. Chrysalis turned to Pupa, who yawned, ready for a nap herself.

“Yes… sleep, my little Pupa.” Her horn glowed, picking up the baby. She rested on her bed and laid Pupa on her pillow. Her horn glowed and she casted a spell around Pupa. “When the time arrives, you will be the saving grace for my kingdom, my daughter.”

Author's Note:

A Combo Chapter by Pixel Berry and I. If you can't tell, this was a mix between The Wolves from Storks and a bit of the Minions.

Originally, this was going to have a darker turn, as the baby's sheer adorableness made every Changeling it sees go insane, killing it's own siblings and any random thing that can happen... including exploding... twice. Also, it was going to be a prequel to Jerec's Royal New Family. We stuck with this, since, yet again, there's a bit of a sequel planned... man, I'm like an executive producer, wanting sequels and 2-part endings.

Edit: The sequel is actually a standalone story on Pixel Berry's account.
Tales From Tinies: Pupa’s Purpose

PreviousChapters Next