• Published 19th Nov 2015
  • 11,234 Views, 487 Comments

Tales from Tinies. - MrAquino



An anthology of different tales involving small humans in a world filled with giant ponies.

  • ...
104
 487
 11,234

PreviousChapters Next
Another Day in Griffonstone: Mika

Author's Note:

More Jerec. Stay tuned for the next part!

Mika laid on a couch in her living room, curled up and resting on a day off. Today is not only a day off from work, but Ami and Kyle decided to spend the night with their new friend, Marie, at Sasha’s home. Her nap was interrupted, however, by a knock on the door. Slowly she got up, and headed to the door. “Hello?” She asked as she opened the door.

“Hey Mika!” The other griffon postal worker said happily.

Mika chuckled and returns the greeting with a wave. “Hey Gabby. How’s it going? I thought there wasn’t any post today?” She asked upon seeing Gabby’s satchel.

“I got a delivery for ya!... Well, not really. You see, I went down to Ponyville today, to visit the crusaders again when I found a human couple. They looked really desperate, so I went and talked to them to see if I could help, and well, see for yourself.” Gabby reached into the satchel and gingerly pulling out two sleeping tinies. “They’d been searching for months, days on end, getting very little sleep, but I think during the flight up, their exhaustion caught up to them.” She said holding the two with their snores noticable. “But, that’s not why I brought them here. This is.” Gabby said as she reveals the two in her talons. Mika gasped in surprise.

They both seemed to have the same features that Kyle has. In fact, the male practically looked like an adult Kyle. There were differences here and there, but both had very apparent similarities to him.

“C-could th-they be?” Mika asked, backing away a bit, noticing an emotion building up in the back of her mind. Why am I afraid of two people? I could gulp down without a second thought?

“You see, that’s why I brought them, not just because they looked a lot like him either. They told me they were looking for their son, Kyle, and not only perfectly described your Kyle, but they even had a picture of him.” Gabby added, carefully placing the two in Mika’s trembling talons. “I’m sorry, I couldn’t refuse to help them, a-and you knew this day would be coming… So... uh... good luck?” Gabby said before shutting the door and flying off.

Mika just stood there, carefully holding the two, staring straight at the door. The world seemed frozen in time. Slowly Mika shifted her view to the two humans in her talon. His parents, Kyle’s parents. I-I knew this day would come, b-b-but, d-did it have to be so soon?! Tears build up in her eyes. He only just got used to Ami and Sasha… He only just started to call me Auntie…

Carefully, she headed back to her couch and sat down, still carefully holding the two. I-I-I could lie to them, tell them there is no Kyle here… She smiles to herself for a moment before shaking her head and tearing up a little more. No, that would be terrible. I could never live with that kind of guilt. They’re Kyle’s parents, and I know he’s been wanting to see them again! And they’ve been desperately trying to find him… How could I even think of doing that?!

She laid down, gently setting the two down in front of her, resting her head just inches away from them, and her eyes remain focused on the two. I know how. I’m a griffon, and as much as I try to deny it, I can still be selfish. A-at least I have a reason though… I love Kyle, he’s almost like the fletchling I never had. But now his parents are here, and I may never get to see him again! I’ve heard often times the family will settle down with the pony who took care of their child but… I’m no pony, to them I must look like a monster, the perfect tiny hunting machine! Besides, even if they don’t think of me like that, they wouldn’t want to settle in Griffonstone. For obvious reasons. Only people who’d want to settle in Griffonstone are griffons and even quite a few of them have left.

As she laid there, muddling through her dilemma, the human couple began to stir. They’re waking up! Come on Mika, you can do this! You’ve gotta convince them to stay here with you! The couple woke up and practically burst into standing.

“Who are you?! Where’s Gabby?! What are you going to do with us?!” The male yelled fearfully, backing up with his wife behind him.

“U-u-um, I’m M-Mika. G-Gabby g-gave you to me because you two fell asleep…” Mika stuttered

"Why would Gabby just give us to you?! I thought she was going to help us find Kyle!” The female one yelled this time.

“W-well, c-cause I’m the one, t-taking care of Kyle…”

“... You’re taking care of Kyle!?" The two yell practically together. "Where is he?! Can we see him?!”

“Uh... he’s not here at the moment, h-he went over to a friends house with my little sister… They’ll be back tomorrow though!”

The two slump to their knees on her couch, their exhaustion and disappointment taking its toll. “Tomorrow?”

“Y-yes, I assure you they’ll be back tomorrow morning, I promise.”

The two looked at each other for a moment, before nodding their heads in agreement. “We would like you to do something that will make us extra sure.” Mika only nodded in agreement. “Okay, to help us be sure, we’d like you to perform a Pinkie promise.” Mika tilted her head in a confused look as a reply. “It’s a special promise, an unbreakable one. In order to make it you have to say this phrase along with these actions: cross my heart, hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye.” They spoke as they demonstrated.

Mika, still confused, sat up and did the actions. “Um, okay… Cross my heart, hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye.” As she finished, she suddenly had a feeling, a feeling that griffons weren't comfortable with: being watched. It's obvious, but griffons, being predators by nature, aren’t accustomed to having the same gaze focused on them. Mika flicked her head in the direction she felt it's coming from, and swore that something just ducked behind her other couch. “Wh-what kind of promise did you make me do again?!” She asked hesitantly.

“A Pinkie Promise.” Kyle’s mother explained. “We’ve seen it done in Ponyville, and we know for a fact that it works. You see, Pinkie Pie, the creator of this promise, takes these very seriously.”

Mika snorted. “Pinkie Pie? You mean the Pink pony that came up here with Gilda’s friend, Rainbow Dash, a while ago? She’s all the way in Ponyville, and even if she were up here, there’s no reason to be scared of-” Mika was cut off by the dread feeling returning, only this time, from right behind her. She turned, only to see a pink tuft vanish. “O-okay, th-that’s really unsettling.”

“Yeah, we found that out our first time. Never, ever, break a Pinkie promise. She really doesn’t like that.” Kyle’s dad says, looking off with a shudder.

That’s when Mika remembered just who they’re staying the night with. “U-um... is it too late to make an amendment to that promise?” She asked nervously, letting out a screech of alarm when something grasps her tail. Looking at it she finds none other than Pinkie Pie, grasping her tail in a hoof.

“You just made your first Pinkie Promise and your breaking it already!?” The pink mare yelled before switching to a cheerful look upon spotting the human couple and waved to them. “Hey Keith! Hey Kim!”

“Hi Pinkie.” The two reply, somewhat used but still trying to Pinkie Pie being Pinkie Pie.

Pinkie Pie looks back to Mika, with dead seriousness in her eye. “Now then. Breaking a Pinkie Pie promise!? That’s the one way to lose a friend for-eeee-ver!” She says, exaggerating the last word. Mika gulped, thinking of the possible reason why said friend is lost forever. “Ooh, I’m gonna teach you a lesson! But first, Keith and Kim: Pick them up!” Mika complied, grabbing the two. “Now, swallow them! I want to be sure that they’ll be with you when Kyle comes back!” Mika would question Pinkie’s methods, were she not completely freaked out, and instead complied again, gulping the two down almost without realizing it. “And now, it’s my turn!” Pinkie says, her face becoming cheerful.

"Wait! Wha-!?” Mika was interrupted by Pinkie Pie, who's tongue wrapped around body “Wait! Pinkie! What are you doing!?!” It was quick, but like a chameleon's, Pinkie's tongue pulled Mika in quickly. With a sudden wet feeling enveloping her back legs she looks back to see that, yes, the pony is indeed trying to devour her, and succeeding. Suddenly, paralyzed in fear, she watched as she was pulled deeper. It isn’t until her wings disappear into Pinkie Pie that she suddenly regains her faculties and starts trying to escape, but too late. Her view of the world becomes framed by Pinkie’s teeth. Then she gets pulled even deeper, her view of the world framed now by the entirety of Pinkie’s mouth, before she gets pulled down the pony’s throat.

The throat muscles pushed her down slowly. She heard Pinkie’s breathing, her heart beating. Then she finally landed Pinkie’s stomach, and looked around in a mixture of awe and fear. Somehow, she not only fits into the organ that by all means shouldn’t be able to fit her at all, but she had plenty of room to spare, almost as if she herself is tiny. The wrinkled walls expand and retract, gurgling and groaning in addition to Pinkie’s breathing, heartbeat, and giggling. The place smelled heavily of pastries and baked goods. Mika fearfully pressed herself to one of the walls.

On the outside, even after swallowing an entire griffon, though smaller than the average griffon but is still larger than the average pony, Pinkie Pie looks the same as ever. She giggles and curled up on the couch much like a dog. “Alright, I’ll let you out tomorrow, first thing in the morning. Sorry for scaring you that badly, but I figured this would be the best way to teach a griffon why not to break the sacred bond of a Pinkie Promise.” She said with a giggle and a snort. “Goodnight in there. And if you're wondering, yes, I played Super Mario Bros."

Mika heared all of this, but isn’t comforted in the slightest, and confused at the last bit. And Kyle likes being in mine for what reason?! This is absolutely terrifying! Eheh, I would promise to never eat another tiny again, but if they end up staying with me, that’ll be hard to avoid. He is rather used to it after all. Mika slowly curled up and tried to get to sleep, figuring, she’ll be let out in the morning, so it was best to sleep and make the time pass by a little more quickly. However, it was hard as Pinkie pulled something out that made beeping tunes.

PreviousChapters Next