• Published 25th Apr 2015
  • 3,051 Views, 135 Comments

Something From Nothing - Grey Ghost



Buying what was most likely a pirated copy of a then unreleased Kingdom Hearts 3, Alex Lionheart finds himself in a new world and a new body.

Comments ( 7 )

It was good, but there's an issue. Some words felt off as if your writing in philosophical instead of straight up normal. Though it could be just me, this is just my thought on this.

11456997
What I meant is, I felt like I missed some context at certain moments.

11457011
Can you give examples?

Loving the chapters so far. It's refreshing coming back to the story and seeing Alex slowly working through the journey to self-improvement. The emotions feel very raw, and in return is giving me lots of feels, which is great. ^^ Seeing more of how Alex truly feels is, while heartbreaking and making me wish I could skip realities to punt a poor excuse of a patriarch, makes me hopeful that down the road he will be having more heartwarming moments.

However...this and the last chapter do feel a bit quick on the pacing. The size of both is amazing, but I feel like there's less time between a character's outburst and another's, and like there's little warning as to why the outbursts happened. Aubade, for example. I know Alex was attached to it; it was mentioned several times, and I've been hoping to understand just why he's so attached. Was he devalued to the point he was considered unreliable? Did his douche of a father just consider him unworthy of handling a blade for some misogynistic reasoning? It was something I really wanted more details on!

“When Aubade broke, it felt like everything my father ever said was right. And when I saw the miscoloring I-I couldn’t handle it. I’m sorry.”

It feels a bit like he either regressed, or didn't grow.

Alex shuffled in place, gripping onto the railing. “When Aubade broke, it felt like everything my father ever said was right. And when I saw the miscoloring I-I couldn’t handle it. I’m sorry.” Barely choking back a sob, he lowered himself out of sight. “I’m so sorry, Artemis. I could’ve hurt you so badly. Aubade never should’ve picked me.”

And the full paragraph doesn't give any more clues! I wanna know, dang it! I wanna see Alex grow into more and more of a badass when he conquers this stuff! The darker the shadow the brighter the light, and dang it I wanna be blinded!

Anyway, aside from that, I really enjoyed these chapters! Can't wait to read more!

11462596
I think it's pretty clear why Alex lost it over Aubade. When you have self-worth issues like Alex does and you get something as important as Aubade then break it, you start thinking all those things that person said about you is true.

11462791 True, and I'm sorry for implying otherwise. I think I was just hoping for something a bit more specific, something that spoke of just how deep that feeling went

Login or register to comment