• Published 12th Apr 2015
  • 1,039 Views, 56 Comments

A New Tale In Equestria. - Sylif Daring Doo



After returning home with Fang and Roxanne, Gwen finds that she might lose her memories, but when she receives a letter from an old friend, her life will be changed forever.

  • ...
17
 56
 1,039

PreviousChapters
Epilogue: New timeline, new rules, new life.

______*Canterlot, 8:00 AM, Star Shifter's room*_______

Star Shifter opened his eyes, he sighed as he opened the curtains with his magic, he rubbed his eyes and sat up with a loud yawn, apparently, being six years old was horrible on a sleep schedule.

It has been a week since he started hanging out with Twilight, trying to get that girl to loosen up was like trying to find a needle in a coal mine.....it was hard.

Star wasn't under any obligation to do anything other than his school work, but since he could get it done in a few seconds, literally, it got boring, that's why he caused such a ruckus at school, so he had something to do.

After the first three incidents he caused, completely by accident mind you, his parents AND the teachers all suggested he get to know other students, and so far, only two of them refused to talk anything other than business, Twilight Sparkle and Moon Dancer.

Twilight wasn't too difficult to approach, so long as you didn't interfere with her studying or had some really good arguments about science.

Moon Dancer however.......that girl was nearly unapproachable, she was closed off, and rarely spoke to anyone other than Twilight.

Star got off the bed and looked around, his room wasn't anything special, he had a desk, a bookshelf with a small assortment of books, a chair to sit in, a bed, blue curtains, gray carpet and ceiling, and dark blue walls, he had a poster for a band on the long wall, a picture of Canterlot by his desk, a dog bed next to his bed, and a photo of his family, his Pegasus father White Run, his unicorn mother River Seed, his younger sister Apache, and his dog Snowdrift, along Star himself right next to the dog.

White Run had dark green fur, with a brown mane and tail, his cutie mark was that of a Snowflake, his talent was making snow, according to him anyway.

River Seed was Blue, she had a blue mane and tail, and her cutie mark was that of a river flowing, her talent was water and life magic.

Apache is only two, she has pink fur, and has a silver mane and tail, she is a pegasus unlike Star, but she has a deep fascination with magic, particularly of the Fire element, she hadn't displayed any remarkable abilities yet, but that wasn't an issue, she was a great sister.

And then you have the newest addition to the family, Spark, as Star named him, he came up with the name when the baby dragon electrocuted himself by accidentally touching Snowdrift after the dog rolled around the floor, the dragon wasn't a nuisance, if anything, it gave Apache someone around her age to play with, much to Snowdrift's relief.

Star then chuckled a little as he looked at the picture, Snowdrift was a very unique dog, he was white furred, he had a bushy tail like a raccoon, along the ears to match, his eyes were VERY pale, as in you wouldn't be able to tell if the dog was blind or if that was his actual eye color, his father said he would grow to be as big as a horse, he had the body of a timberwolf, not the wooden ones, just to clarify.

Snowdrift was a Ka'rakos, in the tongue of the lost coastal faction of Harbos, or Raccoon Dog, in basic, this particular species of dog has the special power to see in the dark and can see through an illusion, of course, with Star, the dog had acquired an unusual power, the ability of speech and a strange paralytic effect to his claws, while the dog himself was immune, the paralyzing effect could last for hours, maybe more when he grows up.

Star shook his head, According to his father, who was a decedent of Harbos, they found Snowdrfit as a pup one week before Star was born, as such, he and the dog shared a very special bond, and since Snowdrift has known Apache his whole life, that made the three almost inseparable.

Star got off the bed and leaned down to Snowdrift. "You awake bud?" He asked.

Snowdrift grumbled as his eyes slowly opened. "Go away." He said telepathically, what?.....he has speech, I just didn't say how.

Star chuckled and ruffled Snowdrifts fur. "You know how it works my brother, when I get up, you know Apache will want you to be awake." He said quietly.

Snowdrift then begrudgingly stood up and yawned, he also stretched. "Fine, that little bundle of energy needs to calm down soon though, I don't think I can handle another game of leapfrog." He said.

Star then stood up again, and headed for the door, he opened it and headed for the bathroom. 'Well, time for another boring day at school.' He said.

"It could be worse." Snowdrift pointed out.

"Get out of my head!" Star rebuked.

Snowdrift just chuckled quietly.

_______*Later that day, 8:30 AM*_______

Star walked into the living room, it was almost time for him to leave for school, he had everything he needed, but his mom wanted to talk to him. "Hey mom, you wanted to talk to me?" He asked.

River nodded. "Yes I did." She held up a paper that Star swore he got rid of. "Family day?" She asked firmly.

Star felt his heart freeze, his dad could be strict, but when his mom was angry........Tartarus incarnate. "I uh, didn't want to participate." He said truthfully.

River's eyes narrowed. "Come sit down." She said,

Star walked to the couch and sat down across from his mom. "I don't know why you don't want to participate, but I am curious, is there a reason?" She asked.

Star nodded. "Yea, I didn't want to put Snowdrift in that situation." He replied.

River put the paper down. "What situation?" She asked.

"Uh, there are two girls in particular that would latch onto him, one because she would be curious about him, the other.....because he is a dog." Star replied.

"Oh really?" River asked, with sarcasm plain in her voice. "Are you sure it has nothing to do with how your father and I acted last time?" She asked.

Star winced, he had almost forgotten THAT, last time they had a family day at school, his mother and father had practically killed him out of embarrassment. "Now that you mention it." He started.

River sighed and looked down. "Look, I am sorry about that, but I can promise you that it won't happen again, you can't hide this stuff from us, it doesn't help." She said.

Star nodded. "I know that, but I was serious about those two girls, they WILL latch onto him at some point." He stated.

______*The school, 11:10 AM.*______

Star sighed, he was right, Twilight did latch onto Snowdrift, but she also barraged Star with questions, at least she socializing, that was a plus.

However, Lyra was probably the calmer between the two, whereas Twilight was busy examining Snowdrift and practically interrogating Star, she was simply petting Snowdrift and talking to Apache.

Star was just thankful that his parents weren't doing anything ridiculous, they were getting along well with Twilight and Lyra's parents as well as everyone else's, Spark and Spike were getting along great......for babies.

"So, how do you know when he wants something?" Twilight asked.

Star froze again. 'Crap.' He thought.

"And you thought that this day was salvageable?" Snowdrift joked.

______*Ponyville*______

It was a sad time, particularly for Umbrea, her mom and dad had just been in a massive accident when a storm was being formed, they were both in critical condition for a few days, until her dads heart stopped beating, when Umbrea heard the bad news, she broke down on the spot, she was staying with her great grandfather now, her mother was now in stable condition, though she was still in the hospital.

Gem was currently sitting in the classroom, she had a seat next to Night Frenzy in the second row, in front of her was Sapphire and Filthy Rich, or Fil, behind her was Roxanne, right now they were simply paying attention to the lesson, boring, but instructive.

Gem and Sapphire's parents were out of town right now, so they were being watched by Umbrea's great grandfather Jotun, he was an Earth Pony with brown fur and no tail, he only had his right eye and had a large scar over his left eye, according to Umbrea, he was an old war vet, another thing that was obvious due to the haircut, which was a flat buzz.....he was also Eighty four years old, which they still had a hard time believing as much as he moved around.

Jotun was awesome, he had LOTS of stories, they were always so engaging, and whenever he told them, everyone tended to listen, especially Umbrea, who seemed to be fascinated by the old mans tales.

Everyone's parents seemed to realize something about Jotun, whenever he was asked to watch the kids, they would all listen, even Night Frenzy, the wildest of the bunch, so they didn't have to worry about them wandering off.

Gem chuckled mentally, the main reason that Jotun was able to make them all listen, was the fact that he had proven that he could make life a living hell when his 'orders' weren't followed, she was STILL cleaning out the mud from her ears and her mane.

Eventually, recess came, and all the kids left, not Gem and the others though, they all met in the back of the classroom.

"You know, I've been thinking." Night Frenzy started, much to the annoyance of the others. "We should have a little get together for Umbrea, she could use with a getaway." She said.

Roxanne shook her head. "Probably a bad idea, she needs time to deal with this, I know you mean well Frenzy, but she needs time to sort this out." She replied,

"Well, you could just ask her." Gem said as she pointed over at the Alicorn filly, who just sat down with a pair of pencils.

Night Frenzy went to walk over, but Roxanne blocked her with her hoof. "Let me handle this sis." She said quietly.

Umbrea sighed as she twirled two pencils around carelessly on the table, she heard hoofsteps behind her and she looked behind her. "Hey Rox." She greeted flatly.

Roxanne sat down across from Umbrea and looked at her. "Are you doing alright?" She asked.

Umbrea shrugged. "Same as a few days ago, I guess." She said absently, she then looked at Roxanne. "My dad passing away just put things in perspective for me, I haven't seen my Sentinel parents in five thousand years, and I don't even remember why I left all of that behind." She said in the Sentinel language.

Roxanne leaned on the table. "Maybe that's the problem, and the solution." She offered.

Umbrea looked at Roxanne curiously. "What do you mean?" She asked.

Roxanne took a breath and looked out the window, she then looked at Umbrea. "You erased practically everyone's memories, but not all, maybe it's time you did that.......including me, and you." She said.

Umbrea put the pencils down and sighed, she then looked down at the desk, she could still see her web of life, and that of the others, she looked out the window and saw the web all over the place, it's intricacies, it's beauty, and it's horror, she looked away and looked at Roxanne, she refused to see her final days, so she quickly looked away and back at the desk. 'Why I'm I still clinging to all of that?.....I hated my mother, I grew distant from my father, I never even talked to my friends, so why do I cling to it?' She asked herself.

'As for the previous world.......i feel nothing but heartache when it comes to that, there were some fantastic memories there, but the bad memories outweigh the good.' She continued to ponder this carefully.

'It isn't fair anyway, to make everyone remember the pain from that world, I think it's been long enough now, I need it to end, and just begin again.' She looked around to make sure no one else was around, she then looked at Roxanne. "Are you sure about this Rox?" She asked.

Roxanne nodded and gestured to the others. "We've been talking about it for the past year, we don't want to remember our old lives, we would rather have a clean slate, which is why I suggested it to you, I don't think you should be the only one to remember it all." She said.

Umbrea blinked and leaned on her desk with her left hoof. 'I guess if no one remembers, they won't be hurt by the memories, same goes for me I guess, it's about time I let go of the past.' She sighed and began her using her powers, she felt her soul kindle as she removed the memories of the past worlds from everyone, but no memories from this world were removed, so long as they didn't have anything to do with their past lives. 'At least now, everyone will have a clean slate, as for me.'

After everyone's memories were gone, she focused on her own memories, it wasn't difficult to get rid of the memories at all it mostly just required her to wall them off and tear them apart, she then focused on something that was not normally done, sacrificing the powers of the Sentinel, she closed her eyes and ripped her powers out of her soul........it was incredibly painful, not exactly hard, but painful, it required incredible focus, and the ability to control the web of life, she gave herself one power however, the ability to use chaotic magic, and once she was done, she eliminated any trace of her old life from her mind.

Umbrea opened her eyes, she looked at Roxanne. "Thanks for trying to cheer me up Rox.....but I....I need time." She said quietly.

Roxanne nodded. "Anytime Umbrea." She said before getting up.

Umbrea looked outside, she smiled a little as the sun shone brightly. 'Maybe things won't be so bad after all, I have my friends, and they have me, I just need to sort things out.' She thought to herself.

_____*a few days later*_____

Umbrea was at Night Frenzy and Roxanne's house, she was currently hanging out with Night Frenzy in her room....literally.

Night Frenzy was grinning widely. "You know, it won't be long before the effects start to happen." She said.

Umbrea looked at her friend as they hung upside down. "What do you mean?" She asked.

Night Frenzy shrugged. "Well, first the blood rushes to your head, then you feel dizzy, and if you let it go for long enough, you fall asleep, trust me, it's the best rush you can get." She said.

Umbrea raised an eyebrow as she looked at the poster on the wall, the timber wolf pack in its den was not helping matters, especially since it was upside down as well. "Is this safe?" She asked.

Night grinned, her fangs showing prominently. "Nope." She replied.

Umbrea then quickly got herself up and glided down from the bunk bed.

Night Frenzy's room was modest, if a bit dark, the walls were dark purple with a slightly brighter ceiling, the carpet was brick red, if it wasn't for the bright lamps in the two corners of the room, it would be impossible to see, for everyone except Night Frenzy of course, there was a desk in one corner with a lamp, the bunk bed was along one wall, taking up most of it on its own,

The room itself was kind of small, with Night's desk, bed, and her footlocker, there wasn't much room to walk, but Night Frenzy didn't mind......Roxanne however, minded.

Umbrea smiled, she looked at Night Frenzy. "So, do Thestrals really have night vision?" She asked.

Night Frenzy chuckled. "Kind of, we see a little better in the dark compared to others, but not perfectly." She replied.

Umbrea shrugged her head a little and then another question came to mind. "Do you actually drink blood?" She asked curiously.

Night opened her mouth to answer and then closed it soon after. 'Huh, never really thought about it.' She said in her mind, she then decided to just say it. "I have absolutely no idea." She said truthfully.

Umbrea tapped her chin thoughtfully, she then looked at Night Frenzy. "We need to test that at some point." She said idly.

Night Frenzy then let go of the top bunk and glided down. "Maybe next time, when it's just you and me, I wouldn't want someone to walk in and completely freak out." She joked.

Umbrea giggled a little bit and then stood up. "So, wanna go raid Roxie's room?" She asked deviously.

Night grinned. "YES." She replied eagerly.

_____*one minute later*_____

"GET OUT!" Shouted a loud voice.

Night Frenzy and Umbrea were soon sent flying out of the room and into the wall......they never lost their smiles.

______*Canterlot*______

Star was currently in his room helping Apache with learning the alphabet, Normally his mom would help, but she had to work, and his dad was away on business, so he was alone with Spark and Apache, Snowdrift wasn't a problem when he had his food and water.

Star didn't mind however, Spark was easily distracted with a few children's books, and Apahce just needed something to focus on, which was currently learning the alphabet, she knew all the letters up to L, but she was still working on the rest.

Apache normally learned six letters a day, Star wasn't sure if it was good or bad, but the way he saw It, if you learned it, it was alright, he looked out the window in his bedroom, and saw the sun shining brightly, he sighed to himself, normally he would be running around, having fun outside, but he had to watch his younger siblings. 'Ah well, I suppose it's better to stay inside than go outside today, it's going to rain today anyhow.'

______*a few hours later.*_______

Star walked to the kitchen from the living room, Spark and Apache had fallen asleep, much to his relief, he walked in and saw Snowdrift laying on the floor. "How are you doing buddy?" He asked.

Snowdrift looked at him with tired eyes. "I am trying to sleep, so please, keep it down." He replied.

Star chuckled quietly and walked to the pantry, he opened it and pulled out bread and peanut butter, as he began making his sandwich, he heard the door open, he looked and saw his mom walk through. "Welcome home." He said quietly.

River looked at her son, she then looked around and saw that Apache and Spark were asleep on the couch, and that Snowdrift was sleeping in the kitchen. "I can't believe this." She said in wonder.

Star shrugged. "Those two got tired from whatever it is we were doing, he is just being lazy, and I'm hungry so I'm making myself a sandwich." He replied.

River looked and saw what he was using for a sandwich. "Are you using my peanut butter?" She asked.

Star froze, he then glanced at his mother, he quickly used his temporal magic and made his sandwich, he then quickly ate it and hid the peanut butter, once he finished eating the sandwich, he turned off his spell and whistled. "What peanut butter?" He asked slyly.

River sighed. "One of these days, I will find a way to counter that darned spell." She replied before walking away.

Star grinned. 'Oh no you won't.' He thought.

______*five years later, Umbrea's house, 5:34.*_______

Umbrea sat in her room simply reading to pass the time, it was raining outside and she was still grounded, along with Roxanne and Night Frenzy, she had raided the town hall and drew graffiti on EVERYTHING, the walls, the floor, the ceiling and roof, and even the folders holding important documents, why did they do it?.....because they wanted to see the reactions of everyone......they were disappointed as the Mayor and their parents made them clean it all off, without a single emotion to show.

Umbrea had let her hair grow longer, she never let it go past her shoulders, but it was still long enough to give herself a wild hairstyle, it was fuzzy looking now, like a dog, but it didn't have the smell, she let it go down past her eyes but she always kept them apart except for that one little strand of hair that slightly curved to the left on her forehead.

Right now, Roxanne and Night Frenzy were staying here, but they weren't allowed contact, the only reason they were here was because their house was being fumigated, apparently, they had a nasty moth and termite problem.

Umbrea sighed and closed the book after marking the last page she was on, she looked outside and watched the rain, normally, she would be outside playing in the mud, but right now she wasn't allowed outside.

It was hours later when Umbrea's mom June called her down for dinner.

Umbrea stood up and stretched a little. "Coming!" She replied.

She walked to her door and opened it, she then started heading downstairs to the dining room.

Umbrea headed down the stairs and heard her mom talking with Roxanne and Night Frenzy, she stopped moving and listened. "I know we're grounded miss June, but don't you think Umbrea's kinda lonely up there all on her own?" Night Frenzy asked.

Umbrea silently walked down the stairs, listening the entire time. "I never told her to go upstairs." June replied. "She did that on her own." She said.

Umbrea couldn't say that she didn't, but her mother was right, she sighed quietly, she pushed her gloomy side away and entered the dining room. "Hey!" She said cheerfully.

She sat down at the table next to Roxanne and Night Frenzy, Jotun was sitting at the end of the table whereas June was the opposite end.

Night Frenzy looked very different from five years ago, she no longer had the bangs that made her look like a cute and innocent Vampony, but she now looked more like an actual Vampony, her hair was short around the front and back, with slightly longer hair that went down to her ears, but not inside them, her coat was a little brighter than before, her fangs were longer and stronger, her ears were very pointed, and her eyes were soothing yet fierce.

Umbrea and Night Frenzy still haven't tested their theory yet, but they wanted too.

Roxanne was very much the same, her hair was long and reached down an inch or two past her ears, and rested comfortably on the left side of her neck, the only difference was that she now had red streaks in her hair and she was a lot more confident.

Umbrea was trying very hard to resist the urge to tickle both of them in their sleep tonight.

As they all got their dinner, which consisted of noodles, vegetables, and a small portion of meat for Night Frenzy, Umbrea thought hard on why they did what they did to the town hall, and the more she thought on it, the more she didn't understand it.

As they sat at the table eating dinner, and making small talk, Umbrea kept feeling a strange sensation coming from her horn, she stopped eating and looked around. "Umbrea? what is it?" June asked curiously.

"Anyone else feel like something is about to happen?" She asked.

Everyone glanced around curiously, with absolutely no idea what the Alicorn was talking about. "What do you mean?" Roxanne asked.

Umbrea blinked and looked at the door. "I have no idea what it is, but every five seconds, I get a strange fuzzy feeling in my horn, no I am not making a joke, I am serious." She said.

June almost didn't believe her rebellious daughter when a sudden and panicked knock at the door startled them all, excluding Jotun.

June got up and walked over to the door, she reached out and opened the door.

And in came Gem, completely soaked from the rain, she was panting heavily and sounded like she was having a seizure. "Ne,a,ho,Ra,pe," she spoke.

June closed the door, she then grabbed Gem by the shoulders and shook her. "HEY!" She shouted.

Gem immediately quieted down and started to catch her breath.

June released the mare and looked at her. "What's wrong?" She asked.

Gem gulped and began to speak. "I need you all to come with me to the hospital, right now." She replied with panic plain in her voice.

"Why?" Umbrea asked curiously. "What's going on?" She asked as she sipped her water.

Gem looked at her friend and blinked, it took her a few moments to speak but she eventually found her voice. "Sapphire is pregnant." She stated In a frenzy

Umbrea, Night Frenzy and Roxanne spit out their drink, choked, and fell over respectively.

"How!? The girl is only fourteen!" June said.

Gem looked at June with a look of disbelief. "Nopony told you?......me, Sapphire and Filthy Rich were with their class as chaperones, we are at least six years older." She explained.

June went to go off, but she remembered the important thing here. "Ok, let's get going, but try to keep calm, we don't need the doctors throwing us out." She said as she got Umbrea, Night Frenzy and Roxanne two umbrellas for them to share. "Hey Granddad, you going to be ok?" She asked.

Jotun huffed and stood up. "Like I'm going anywhere. "He muttered.

______*the hospital*______

The five ponies entered the hospital and Gem went up to the receptionists desk. "Hey, We're here to see Sapphire, my sister." She said.

The nurse checked some documents and soon looked at the panicking Unicorn mare. "Oh yes, I remember, Gem right? well, I need to check with the Doctor, so if you could wait here, I'll be back." She said.

Gem nodded and headed back to the others. "Ok, she'll be right back, we just need to be patient." She told everyone.

It was a few minutes later, but the nurse eventually came back out. "Miss Gem, the doctor says you can go in, and that your sister wanted to talk to her friends." She then began to lead the group to Sapphire's room.

The group followed closely, and when they reached the room, the nurse then faced the group. "She passed out a few hours ago due to some mild exhaustion, she should be fine now, but try not to overwhelm her." She said before walking back to the desk.

The group entered the room and they saw Sapphire talking with Filthy Rich. "How you doing Sis?" Gem asked.

Sapphire took a deep breath and looked at the ceiling. "Well, I'm pregnant, with a baby I didn't know I had, and I just blacked out from exhaustion today, it's a lot to process." She replied.

June looked at Filthy Rich. "I'm glad you're here Rich, how long have you been here though?" She asked.

Fil rubbed his eyes. "Ever since we got here." He said.

Sapphire looked at Night Frenzy, Roxanne and Umbrea. "How are you girls doing?" She asked.

Umbrea walked up and sat on the hospital bed. "We're fine, but uh.....how long?" She asked.

"Apparently I've had the baby for ten weeks, I never even noticed." Sapphire replied.

Night Frenzy leaned in next to Filthy Rich. "So Fil, how does it feel to know your going to be a father?" She asked.

Filthy Rich took a deep breath and leaned back in his chair. "Stressful, overwhelming." He replied, he then thought about it for a moment, he looked at Night Frenzy. "How did you know?" He asked.

Night Frenzy shrugged. "Because you are the only one she ever had sex with." She whispered.

Filthy said nothing.

"So, do you think it's a boy or a girl?" Roxanne asked.

Sapphire shrugged. "We don't know, and I want to be surprised." She replied.

"That's the best way." June said. "Better you figure it out when the day comes." She added.

______*six months later*______

"So, she had the baby." Night Frenzy said as she sat on her bed with Roxanne and Umbrea.

Umbrea nodded. "Yep, she had her the day before you and your parents got back from your trip." She said.

Roxanne and Night Frenzy had gotten dragged along with their parents to Fillydelphia for a family vacation, of course, the two sisters wanted a vacation from the vacation.

Umbrea had been in the hospital when Sapphire had the baby, but the thing was, she apparently had twins, a boy and a girl, and three weeks before that, her and Filthy Rich were married.

"How was the wedding?" Roxanne asked.

"It was cool, it wasn't a fancy dress code type thing, it was very casual, you know?" Umbrea said.

Night Frenzy grinned. "You had to play dress up didn't you?" She asked.

Umbrea smirked. "No actually, I hid until the actual wedding started, THEN I showed up." She replied.

"Was your mom mad?" Roxanne asked.

Umbrea shrugged. "I have no idea, she never said anything on the count of Sapphire saying she was glad I didn't, they are awful for the wings." She replied.

"Well, what did they name the foal?" Night Frenzy asked.

"They named the girl Diamond Tiara, and they named the boy Shard." Umbrea replied.

Roxanne and Night Frenzy grinned. "I cannot wait to meet these new rascals." Frenzy said deviously.

Umbrea nodded, she laid back and looked at Night Frenzy. "Yea, i should probably mention that Sapphire said she would kill you if her kids got into trouble after meeting you." She said.

Night Frenzy pouted. "Well that takes the fun out of it." She complained.

"One last question, was Filthy's dad angry?" Roxanne asked.

Umbrea shook her head. "He actually seemed happy for his son, I guess he decided that his sons happiness was more important than marrying into a noble family." She guessed.

"Who was the supposed wife?" Night Frenzy asked.

"Somepony called Spoiled Rich, I don't know." Umbrea replied.

"So, come on give us details, what are the foals like so far?" Night Frenzy asked eagerly.

Umbrea closed her eyes. "Annoying." She said.

_______*five years later*_______

"I'm not so sure about this Star." Apache said quietly.

Star looked at Apache and grinned. "Oh come on, it's only a jump." He said.

Apache had changed a lot in the last few years, she was very smart, and very rebellious, she had let her mane grow a little long around the face, particularly around her eyes, it was enough to cover her right eye and it fit snugly around her right ear.

Star was a little bigger now, he had more muscle than the average unicorn his age, and was capable of much stronger magic than before, his grasp of temporal magic had expanded dramatically, but he was holding off on practicing it for a while until he was better with more spells than before.

Apache shook her head. "Yea.....a jump, about that." She looked down......at the forty feet drop. "We might want to rethink this Shift." She suggested.

Star grinned as he neared the edge. "Calm down Apache, you can fly and I can teleport, there is no way this can go wrong." He said confidently.

Apache groaned and walked up next to her brother. "If we get in trouble for this, you owe me big time." She said.

Star nodded and lit up his horn, he then expanded a large dome around them and a large magical barrier down the mountainside. "See you at the bottom!" He said as he lept down, sliding along the magic as he went.

Apache shuddered and then followed her brother on his magical slide, something she was sure she would regret later.

And she was right, apparently Star had placed his acceleration spell on the barriers, which caused her to fly down the hill at hyper speed, she just barely noticed her brother on the slide before feeling like she would throw up her insides.

_____*at the bottom, a few seconds later.*______

Apache vomited on the ground, she felt like her insides were still on top of the mountain, she wiped her mouth and looked at her brother. "Why do you so that?" She asked while out of breath.

Star laid down on the soft dirt with a big grin. "I love the rush, it helps me to feel like I'm flying." He said.

Apache walked over and laid down. "You want to fly?" She asked curiously.

Star nodded as he looked up at the sky. "Yea, it would be pretty awesome." He replied.

Apache looked at her brother. "Well, I always wanted to use magic, maybe we can swap some day." She said.

Star and Apache shared a laugh over that for a while, they normally talked about flight and magic, it was one of their favorite pastimes, besides, it was also educational, so their parents couldn't complain.

Star eventually gained a thoughtful look on his face, he looked around a little and then at his sister. "Maybe we can." He muttered quietly.

Apache looked at her brother, if their was one thing she learned from her brother, it was the ability to understand people talking in any tone, and any speed, she also knew that when he got an idea, he planned on seeing it through. "What's going through your head?" She asked.

Star looked at his sister with a grin. "You know, I might have a way for us to swap for a day." He said, unintentionally rhyming.

Apache sat up with her brother. "How?" She asked.

Star looked at Apache as he stood up and began pacing. "I know a spell, I know, it's probably illegal, HOWEVER!" He said firmly. "I didn't know if it could be illegal when I swiped a book." He then sat down again across from Apache. "This spell can swap the minds of two people for a short while, making it helpful for situations like these." He stated.

Apache raised an eyebrow, she knew Star was illogical half the time, crazy the rest, but this? "How long is a 'short' while." She asked.

Star shrugged. "At longest? With my level of magic? Three days, shortest? A day." He replied.

Apache sighed and looked at her brother skeptically, the risks here were great, especially if their mom and dad found out, but school was out for a week and Star was in charge while they were away on business, for a few more days.

However.......the temptation, she REALLY wanted to know how it felt to use magic, and she knew Star wanted to fly, she sighed and eventually nodded. "Whatever, but make sure we do it at home, alone, because I don't want anyone to see this happen." She said.

Star nodded. "Alright then." He said before standing again to head home, he then grinned and looked at Apache, he winked and vanished from sight.

Apache rolled her eyes and stood up, she started to fly home, knowing her brother and his randomness, he would run into a wall at some point, but nopony would notice until a day later.

______*Ponyville*______

Gem was walking with Applejack, they were heading to the market square to set up their Apple stand, they did this whenever they had filled up the cart.

Gem was very thankful to the Apple family, they gave her a job after her last one ended painfully, she had been very happy at that woodshop, but the owner had passed away due to a heart attack recently, and the moment It was his nephew's, he had fired her and everyone else immediately and then sold the business.

Gem had a very close relationship with the woodshop owner, his name was Saul, and he was a fantastic boss, and a good friend, he was also a very close friend of Umbrea's great grandfather Jotun.

"How are ya holding up there Gem?" Applejack asked.

Gem sighed as they started to set up. "I'll be alright, I just don't get why Saul's nephew did what he did, he knows everyone at the woodshop did good work." She said with some disbelief.

Applejack shrugged. "Nothin we can do about it Gem, that was his choice......at least Filthy Rich is the one who bought it, he was very close to Saul." She replied.

Gem chuckled. "Yea, Fil won't do anything bad with it." She said.

"Not that your sister would let him." Applejack added.

Gem shook her head. "She doesn't tend to focus on the business side of things, she has a job at the local cafe, but that's about it." She replied as she started placing apples.

After they were done, Applejack set the cart to the side of the stand and then stood behind it. "Well then Sugarcube, we're all set, all that's left is to wait." She said.

Gem nodded, she proceeded to get behind the stand when ponies filled the market a few moments later, this was the busiest time of day, but Gem didn't mind, she loved talking to people.

______*Filthy Rich and Sapphire's house.*______

Shard walked around the house with his sister, Diamond Tiara, also, saying the word 'house' was kind of an understatement, they lived in a manor, not quite a mansion, but not exactly a house.

Shard was an Earth pony like his father and so was his sister, he had blue fur and had a dark gray mane and tail, his eyes were green, he had no cutie mark as of yet, but he wasn't holding his breath.

"So, dad wants us to go to school, as opposed to being tutored?" Diamond asked curiously.

Shard nodded. "Yea, says it'll be good for us to get out there and meet other ponies." He replied.

"Don't we do that already?" Diamond asked.

Shard shrugged. "I guess he wants us to make some friends, not meet future business partners." He replied.

"This has mom written all over it." She muttered.

Shard chuckled. "So what?......mom knows what she's talking about, and according to her, dad went through this same thing, and he turned out great." He said.

"Mommas boy." Diamond teased.

"Daddy's girl." He countered.

They both shared a laugh after that, they continued their walk for a while until they got bored, then they went to find one of their parents.

______*Night Frenzy and Roxanne's house.*______

Night Frenzy and Roxanne were in their respective rooms when they heard their parents call them down, no, they weren't still living with their mom and dad, but they were over for a visit right now and the two sisters had retreated to their rooms for a moment.

"Can you two come downstairs for a moment!?" Their father, Hunt, called.

Night Frenzy walked out of her room and headed downstairs, she saw Roxanne show up a few seconds after, and soon, they were all in the living room, sitting down.

"So what's up?" Night asked.

Their mother, Weave, sighed as she rubbed her eyes. "Um, your father and I have been discussing this for a while now, and we think you two should know the truth." She started.

Roxanne raised an eyebrow. "What truth?" She asked.

Hunt shook his head and leaned back. "The two of you are adopted." He said.

Night Frenzy and Roxanne sighed in relief. "Whew, thank Celestia." Said the Thestral.

Weave and Hunt looked at their kids with a shocked expression. "You knew?" They asked.

Night Frenzy gave them a glare that screamed 'your kidding?' and then chuckled. "Yes, we knew, first off, I'm a Thestral, Roxie is a Pegasus, the two of you are Earth Ponies with neither of the two races in their bloodline." She said.

"We were concerned the two of you were getting a divorce, that's why we were antsy." Roxanne added.

Their parents looked at each other and then started laughing quietly. "Well, that explains a lot I suppose." Hunt said.

_______*two years later*_______

Twilight sat under a tree in Canterlot reading a book, she was reading the chapter on The Mare In The Moon, Nightmare Moon, she just finished it and was rushing back to the observatory when she ran into three of her classmates on the bridge over, Lyra Heartstrings, Minutte and Twinkleshine.

Twilight was in such a hurry that she didn't even consider going to the party the girls had mentioned, instead giving them the need to study for something important excuse, she quickly ran off to her home to research everything she could about Nightmare Moon and the Elements of Harmony, as well as to warn her mentor of this dire threat.

So when she recieved her mentors reply, she was shocked. "You simply MUST stop reading those dusty old books." Spike read off.

Twilight was flabbergasted, even more so when she learned that she was to organize the summer sun celebration coming up, and that she was being sent to a town called Ponyville. "Ponyville....." She muttered.

Twilight looked at Spike. "Isn't that where Star and Apache moved last year?" She asked.

Spike shrugged. "I think so? I'm not sure, but hey, he might be able to help you out with this whole thing." He suggested.

Twilight shook her head. "No, I don't want to bother him with this, he has too much on his plate already with taking care of Apache, Spark AND Snowdrift." She said.

Spike wasn't so sure, so even as they were on the chariot to Ponyville, Spike finally realized he never finished the letter. "Oh yea! I almost forgot, ahem.....here is a list on things you should do when you arrive, check on the weather, the catering, the decor, and the music, also, while your there, make some friends." He said.

Twilight checked the letter and her eye twitched at the last part. "I don't have time for that! I need to research the Elements of Harmony, not make friends!" She argued.

_____*later*_____

Twilight and Spike got out of the chariot and thanks the guards who pulled it, afterwards, they started to walk around, they eventually found someone, a bright pink Earth pony mare with a poofy pink mane. "Hello, excuse me, my name's Twilight Sparkle, and I." She was cut off as the mare gasped loudly and then vanished soon after.

"Ok, that was weird." She said to herself.

The two started to walk around the town more, they eventually found a Pegasus mare napping on a cloud. "Uh, hello, are you Rainbow Dash?" Twilight asked.

The rainbow maned cyan mare grinned. "Oh, so you heard of me huh?...fastest flyer in Equestria?" The mare bragged.

"Aren't you in charge of keeping the skies clear for the day?" Twilight asked skeptically, while also avoiding the question.

Rainbow Dash huffed. "I can clear these clouds out in ten seconds flat, I can get it done at any time." She countered.

Twilight rolled her eyes. "Yea right." She said.

Rainbow Dash then quickly proceeded to destroy every single cloud in the nearby area, within ten seconds. "You see, ten, seconds, FLAT." She proudly stated.

Twilight had to admit, that was impressive. "Ok, at least now the sky is clear." She said.

Rainbow Dash landed near Twilight. "So, what's your name anyway?" She asked.

"Twilight Sparkle, I was sent here to organize the summer sun celebration." She replied.

Rainbow Dash nodded. "Well, I better get going, catch you later!" She said before zooming off.

Twilight then started to walk off. "Weather, check." She said.

As she walked, she found herself unable to navigate the town. "Ugh, we are never going to get anywhere in this town." Twilight complained.

Spike tugged on Twilight's fur. "Maybe we can ask her?" He offered.

Twilight looked and saw a cyan Pegasus mare, she had a white mane and tail with cyan streaks and a red web cutie mark, she was currently fixing up an old fence. "Good idea buddy." She said.

Twilight walked over. "Excuse me, can you help me out?" She asked.

The mare stood straight up and stretched. "Sure, what's up?" She turned around and it was revealed that she was an Alicorn.

It took all of Twilight's willpower to avoid kneeling and calling the mare princess. "You can breathe you know, I'm not royalty, it's just a species thing." The mare said.

Twilight calmed down quickly before that. "Sorry, I'm just not that used to seeing another Alicorn besides Princess Celestia." She said.

The mare gave a small smile as she chuckled. "It's alright, anyway, my name's Umbrea, you?" She asked.

"Twilight Sparkle, I was sent to check in on the celebration." She said.

Umbrea nodded. "I see, so how can I help?" She asked.

Twilight had Spike look at the list. "I still need to check the catering, the music and the decor." She said.

Umbrea nodded. "Ah, then you want Sweet Apple Acres, Rarity's Boutique and you need to find Fluttershy." She replied.

Twilight looked around, and then at Umbrea. "You mind showing me?" She asked.

Umbrea looked at the fence and sighed. "Ah, why not, come on, let's get going." She said as she began walking.

"Um, anyway, I should warn you, the Apple family is very proud of their food, so if you don't like something, try to let them down gently." Umbrea said.

Twilight nodded. "Is there anything else I should know?" She asked.

"Rarity is very eccentric, she loves fashion but always goes out of her way to make something her client would appreciate, if you go there today, be prepared to become a sudden model, she doesn't mean any harm, but she gets carried away." The Alicorn added.

"And Fluttershy, just be patient, she is obviously incredibly shy, talks quietly, and loves animals, she almost had a heart attack when she learned one of my best friends is a carnivore." Umbrea said.

Twilight kept up with Umbrea and soon found herself curious. "Griffin?" She asked.

Umbrea shook her head. "Thestral." She corrected.

That one surprised even Twilight. "Huh, I didn't think there were any left." She muttered.

Umbrea shrugged. "Eh, she isn't so bad, troublemaker for sure, but not dangerous." She said.

_____*Sweet Apple Acres*_____

"Here we are, now, when you leave, Rarity's Boutique is forward from this gate for five buildings, then it cuts off to the right, you can't miss it after that." Umbrea said as she walked off.

Twilight prepared herself as she walked to the farm, hoping to just get this over with so she couldn't get to the library.

But when the Apple family talked her into staying to sample some food, she was delayed yet again.

The only thing out of the ordinary here was the fact that there was a unicorn asleep on the roof. "GEM!" She heard Applejack call. "Now what did I tell you about sleeping on the roof!" She shouted.

The mare, Gem, simply teleported off the building and leaned on a stack of hay, she then went right back to sleep. "Anyhow, that there was Gem, she works here, but she tends tah sleep on the job." Applejack said.

Twilight found herself chuckling a little bit at that. 'Star did that all the time, he would sleep without a care in the world.' She said to herself.

_____*Later that day.*_______

Twilight walked up to the door of the library, Spike had been talking to Fluttershy the ENTIRE time since they met, thankfully, Twilight managed to diffuse the situation by stating that Spike needed his nap as he was a baby, well, in dragon years.

Soon enough Twilight was also scared out of her skin as the lights in the library were suddenly turned on and what appeared to be the entire town was there.

Twilight froze for a moment as the pink mare from before popped up in front of her. "Hi! I'm Pinkie Pie and I made this party just for you!" The mare said happily.

"I uh, what?" Twilight muttered.

The exchange from that point on was basically trying to avoid confrontation and interaction with the ponies, until she drank what she thought was juice, when it turned out to be hot sauce, she breathed fire for a moment and was panting as the hot sauce burned her throat.

"You know, if I didn't know better, I would say you picked up Star's habit." Spike teased.

Twilight glared at Spike before taking a few deep breaths and then standing up straight. "No, I have not, I thought it was juice." She replied before walking to the steps.

As Twilight reached the upstairs bedroom and laid down on the bed, she tried to block out the sound of the party downstairs, however, she soon heard a familiar voice. "Twilight?" Asked a quiet female voice.

Twilight flipped over and saw an all too familiar Pegasus filly. "Apache?" She sat up as the girl walked up and sat on the bed.

The two shared a quick hug before speaking. "It's good to see you again Twilight." Apache said.

Twilight nodded. "Same here, but uh.....where's your brother?" She asked curiously.

Apache chuckled. "He's sick, he decided it was a good idea to shut off his magical immune system in the middle of a storm." She replied.

Twilight sighed. "That moron." She muttered, unicorns had an innate magical immune system that protected them from most illnesses, which was why unicorns were so common in hospitals and clinics, but when it was gone, they had the immune system of a one day old.

"Will he be alright?" Twilight asked.

Apache nodded. "Sure, he's been strengthening his regular immune system ever since we got here, it isn't as strong as mine yet, but it's getting there." She said.

Twilight smiled a little at that. "So how have you two been, since you moved here?" She asked.

Apache shrugged. "It was rough at first, but it's gotten better now." She replied.

Twilight stood up and stretched. "Well, as much as I hate to say it Apache, I can't catch up that much right now, I have something of the utmost urgency to deal with." She said.

Apache nodded. "Alright, I'll go rejoin the party, don't stay up all night like you usually do ok?" She asked.

Twilight rolled her eyes as she laid back down.

______*hours later*______

Spike came into the room with a lampshade on his head. "Hey Twilight! You need to get down here, this party is awesome!" He stated happily.

Twilight groaned as she rolled on the bed. "Sorry Spike, I can't focus on partying right now, I'm trying to think on how I'll stop Nightmare Moon when or if she returns." She said.

Spike headed up and stood at the side of the bed. "Didn't Princess Celestia say that you shouldn't worry about that old mares tale?.....it's a myth." He said.

Twilight looked at Spike with a firm glare. "And if it isnt?" She asked.

Spike opened his mouth to talk, then he closed it. "I don't know." He replied.

Twilight shook her head. "Go and enjoy the party Spike, and if your right, it's just a myth." She said.

Spike nodded. "If you say so Sis." He muttered.

_____*the next day*______

Twilight opened her eyes and yawned, she looked outside and saw that the sky was still dark, but ready to become day, she stretched and got off the bed, she looked around the room a little and saw Spike asleep in a dog bed, with the lampshade still on his head, she used her magic and took the lampshade off the dragons head and placed it on the nearby table, she then rubbed her eyes and left the room.

She saw that the main room of the library was surprisingly clean, as much of a ruckus went on last night, she shook her head and began exploring the building, she found a bathroom inside along with a kitchen thankfully.

After she was done in the bathroom, she went upstairs to wake Spike up. "Hey Spike, come on, you got to get up." Twilight said.

A few minutes of trying later, and the dragon awoke. "Can't I have a few more minutes?" He pleaded.

Twilight sighed. "No Spike, it took me at least five to wake you up." She replied.

_____*later*_____

The planning for the summer sun celebration went well, everything was going according to plan, but Twilight was still concerned, it seemed to easy, and the mare on the moon vanishing wasn't a good sign either.

She soon received a tap on the shoulder, she looked behind her, and saw nothing, she then heard a voice. "Up here." Said a whisper.

Twilight looked up and saw a Thestral mare grinning at her with sharp fangs. "I VUNT TO SIPHON YOUR BLOOD!" She cackled wickedly.

Twilight was more confused, Spike however showed his superstitious side. "VAMPONY!" He screamed as he hid behind Twilight's back legs.

The Thestral laughed at Spike's expense but was soon slapped in the back of her head by a white Pegasus mare with red streaks and faded red patches of fur. "Knock it off Frenzy." She said firmly.

The mare, Frenzy, chuckled and rubbed the back of her head. "Yes ma'am." She replied. "Sorry for scaring you, but I wanted to greet the newbie." She said.

Spike glanced out from behind his sister. "W,w,well.....just don't do it again." He said.

Frenzy landed with the other mare. "Anyway, I'm Night Frenzy, this is Roxanne, I just call her Roxie." She introduced.

"Twilight Sparkle." She replied, she then looked at Spike. "And this is Spike." She said.

"And here I was thinking you would wait for me." Said a familiar voice.

Twilight turned around and saw Umbrea. "I was actually supposed to back them up, but SOMEPONY got impatient." She said, glancing at Night.

"Whatever." Said the Thestral.

After that, there was a big commotion as Princess Celestia was to appear in a moment, Twilight still had doubts, but hopefully her teacher and Spike were correct, and that the tale WAS just a myth.

"She's gone!" Gasped a pony as the curtains opened to show no one behind them.

Shocked murmurs ran through the crowd quickly, but just as quickly as they started, they stopped when the sky darkened and dark blue mist entered the room, it soon coalesced into the form of a dark blue Alicorn mare with dark blue armor and a mane of twisting shadows. 'That must be her.'

"Please tell me I'm not the only one who knows who that is." Night Frenzy asked quietly.

Twilight blinked. "You aren't." She replied quietly.

Soon enough, Nightmare Moon went on a rant about how she had returned to her 'subjects' and how the night would last forever, but she did seem disappointed when none of the ponies in the room seemed to recognize her.

"Does no one know who I am?" She asked the crowd.

Just then, Twilight found her voice. "I know who you are!" She declared.

"Your the Mare on the Moon, Nightmare Moon!" She stated.

This however sent Nightmare Moon on another rant, and how she was pleased that someone remembered her.

With a maniacal laugh, Nightmare Moon vanished into the night and left Everypony in the room in complete shock.

Twilight however found her strength and immediately headed for the library, convinced that there must be something there that could help her defeat Nightmare Moon.

What she wasn't expecting however, was to be followed by an Alicorn, a Thestral, three Pegasi, two unicorns, two Earth Ponies and a baby dragon.


______*the library*______

Twilight frantically searched the library for any book referencing the Elements of Harmony. "Elements? Elements? Elements! Gah!" She screamed in frustration.

"You!" Twilight was suddenly face to face with Rainbow Dash who seemed angry about something. "What ARE the Elements of Harmony, are you a spy?" She accused.

The Pegasus was soon pulled down by Applejack who grabbed her by the tail. "I think what she was tryin to say, was how do you know about that Nightmare Moon?" She wondered,

"She read it in an old mares tale." Night Frenzy said easily. "It said on the thousandth year after her defeat, this is translated for simplicity by the way, that the Mare In the Moon will return to bring about eternal night." The Thestral said.

After explaining the situation to Everypony, Twilight got around to the critical part. "We need to find the Elements of Harmony, they defeated Nightmare Moon last time, but I can't find any reference to them anywhere!" She said with increasing annoyance.

"Found it." Said a male voice.

Everyone looked and saw a black, or very dark gray furred unicorn stallion with a very short white mane and tail, his cutie mark was that of a lit candle and he had glowing green eyes, he looked at the group and held up a book. "It was under E." He said calmly.

Twilight was shocked to see Star, not that she wasnt happy to see him, but he was sick, and shouldn't be moving around. "Star?" She asked.

Star grinned and tossed the book over. "Not sick, but stopping Nightmare Moon is priority one, so find those Elements, and afterwards, we can catch up." He said before walking to another shelf.

Umbrea looked at Twilight. "You know him?" She asked.

Twilight nodded. "I went to school with him for ten years." She said.

"Nine." Star corrected. "I came here last year remember?" He reminded.

Twilight opened the book and began reading out loud, she soon got around to the names of the Elements. "Honesty Generosity Kindness Laughter and Loyalty, the sixth Element is supposed to bind them together but nopony knows where it is." She said.

Star walked over. "Then we better get started, the sooner the better." He added.

"So, where does the book say to look?" Rarity asked.

"It doesn't, but the only place I can think of is where Nightmare Moon was defeated." She said.

_____*Outskirts of Ponyville*_____

"The Everfree Forest!?" Most of the group said in shock.

Umbrea and Night Frenzy shrugged. "I mean, it could be worse." Umbrea said.

"How?" Rarity asked.

"It could be storming." Night Frenzy replied.

Twilight looked back at the group. "So, you all ready for this?" She asked.

Everyone there nodded, and they journeyed into the forest.

_____*the Everfree Forest.*_____

As the group moved through the forest, they were careful not to stray to far from each other, they eventually reached a cliff face, they couldn't see a way down, but just as they went to find a safe way down, the earth and rocks connecting it to the rest of the cliff were destroyed, causing everyone to fall, aside from the fliers of course.

Twilight had almost fallen off the cliff when Applejack caught a hold of her. "I got ya!" She said. "Whatever you do, don't let go!" She said.

Twilight had no problem with that logic. "Quick, pull me up." She said

"I can't, if I pick you up, we both might fall down." Applejack replied.

Twilight strained. "Then what am I supposed to do?" She asked in a panic.

Applejack seemed to focus. "Let go." She said.

Twilight hated that logic. "You just said NOT to let go." She countered.

"What I'm sayin' to you is the honest truth, let go, and you'll be safe." Applejack stated.

Twilight groaned, she let go and screamed as she fell down, only to open her eyes and see that Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash had caught her. "Oh." She said, feeling just a little bit silly.

"Whoohoo!" Star cheered as he slid down the cliff, he was having a blast apparently, everyone else was at the bottom of the cliff, but Star was busy having fun with it.

Twilight sighed. "Adrenaline jockey." She muttered.

When Star reached the bottom he grinned. "Okay, I'm ready, let's go." He said.

The Group moved even more carefully through the forest after that, eventually, they were surprised when they were attacked by a wild manticore......only for Fluttershy to stop them from retaliating and fly up to it, she then proceeded to remove a thorn from its left claw, and then the manticore was a little more than a giant cat.

After the group was finished standing in shock of what just happened, they decided to quickly move on, Stsr did notice however, that the thorn vanished in a puff of blue mist. Odd. He thought.

"Is it me? or does it seem like something is influencing things around here?" Gem asked.

"It's not just you, I've been feeling something watching us this whole time." Umbrea stated.

"Let's keep moving, we need to hurry." Twilight said.

After that, the group continued until they reached a very dark part of the forest, they saw things in the night, they saw faces on the trees, and they kept hearing creepy sounds in the bushes.

They also heard an eerie whistling coming from nearby, they all looked around and they saw Night Frenzy with a strange device that made the eerie whistling. "I didn't do anything." She said as she disposed of the device.

"You aren't helping." Roxanne stated.

They continued on until they got scared by an army of bats, soon enough they were so disoriented that when the bats were gone, they screamed in terror at the trees, well, except for Night Frenzy and Star. "Think they'll ever stop?" Star asked.

Night looked at him. "You gonna stop them?" She asked.

"Nope." He replied.

Everyone soon stopped from their panicking when they heard laughter, coming from Pinkie Pie.

Night Frenzy watched with interest as the party mare soon started a little song that made the trees normal, she raised an eyebrow and shrugged, she bobbed her head a little at the catchy beat, but she refused to join the song, just like she refused to dance.

After that was over, and the group was laughing at the situation, they eventually kept on moving and they were in much better spirits now.

After they exited the dark part of the forest, they continued on until they reached a sea serpent who was causing a violent wave to block their path, after Rarity spotted the problem and cut off most of her tail and gave it to the serpent to replace the lost half of his mustache, he was more than happy to let them pass.

They soon reached an opening, one where they could clearly see the castle, however, a very thick fog soon rolled in, and they started to move through the forest once again.

"Darn it, I can't see a thing." Rainbow Dash said.

"Oh no! What a nightmare!" Gem said mockingly. "At least YOU have actual eyesight." She said.

"Your blind?" Applejack asked curiously.

Gem shrugged. "Are you seriously just now noticing?" She asked in disbelief.

"Can we talk about this later? I wouldn't prefer to be jumped by something hiding out here." Star stated.

Night Frenzy scoffed. "You can't be serious!" She said.

The Thestral lept In front of the group and was practically part of the fog in their eyesight. "So far this whole trip has been a breeze! the only thing out here right now is fog! Gem could tell you all that!" She stated out of frustration.

"Frenzy, calm down!" Umbrea said.

Night Frenzy shook her head. "Why should I love? I'm not exactly a kid now am I?" She countered.

Just as Night Frenzy went to step out of the fog, vines shot out and grabbed her by the legs and body, she looked at the group. "Uh oh." She said before being dragged away.

"Frenzy!" Roxanne quickly rushed into the fog after her sister, with Umbrea in tow. "Wait up!" The Alicorn said.

Before the others could follow, a massive wall of vines blocked the path after the fog vanished.

"We need to go after them!" Applejack said.

"Your right, let's go!" Rainbow Dash said.

Star closed his eyes as he heard them all agreeing to give chase, he opened his eyes and gritted his teeth. "ENOUGH!" He shouted.

The group looked at him as he stared them down. "If we go after them, Nightmare Moon might be able to destroy the Elements of Harmony, our best bet of finding them is to first stop her from going through with her plan." He stated.

"She wanted us to give chase, she needed to seperate us, so she did this once Night Frenzy went on her outburst." Gem added.

Afterwards, the remaining eight reluctantly continued on, hoping to end this madness before it got worse.

They traveled for what felt like forever, but they eventually reached a fallen bridge that would lead them directly to the castle, Rainbow Dash, being the only remaining flier brave enough to fly across the chasm, flew across to get the bridge back up.

Soon however, the group saw three more Pegasi in suits that looked like wonderbolt counterparts, they called to find out what was wrong, but the fog returned in great thickness across the chasm.

The group was very concerned, but when the bridge connected and Rainbow Dash returned, the tension eased up a little.

_____*meanwhile*______

Night Frenzy grunted and rubbed the back of her head, she hit her head on one of the trees when the vines dragged her away, she was no longer bound but she had no idea where she was, she blinked and stood up, she took a look around but didn't see anything, well, nothing out of the ordinary for this forest.

She sighed and started walking, now she had the right to complain, but Umbrea would have the right to say I told you so now, and that was the worst part.

Night stopped herself. 'Or is it?' She thought.

Eventually she heard voices. "Frenzy! Where are you!?" Cried out Umbrea.

Night grinned, but then her grin faded when she thought of something. 'What if this is a trick? And I'm under some kind of spell, and Nightmare Moon wants me to see or hear what I want.' She thought.

"Night Frenzy, show your face right now or you are banished to the couch!" Roxanne's angry voice called.

'Nope, not a trick, why would I WANT to see Roxie so angry?' She asked herself and she ran toward the voices.

It didn't take that long to find the pair, Frenzy did her best to suppress a laugh at the state they were in, they were both covered in mud, sticks, and leaves, but they both looked great regardless.....in Frenzy's eyes at least. "Hey." She said.

Roxanne slapped her, and Umbrea patted her on the shoulder. "Miss me loves?" Night Frenzy asked.

Roxanne and Umbrea both looked at each other, and then at Frenzy, they both shrugged and slapped Frenzy in the back of the head. "Nope." They both said.

Night Frenzy grinned. "So, let's go find the others eh?" She asked.

When she saw the two blinking and looking at her funny, Frenzy grinned wider. "OR, we could stay here, and uh......'wash' that mud off." She teased.

The two immediately started to run away towards the direction they came from, with Night Frenzy in tow, laughing the whole way.

______*The old castle.*______

"The Element of....Magic!" Twilight finished, her eyes glowing and levitating, the others were doing the same thing as well, together, they shot a beam of magic in the form of a rainbow at Nightmare Moon, it caused a massive flash of light and made the six mares fall over from exhaustion, they didn't lose consciousness, but it did throw them for a loop for a while.

Star headed over to see if they were alright, thankfully they were, he helped them all to get up as the sun shone brightly behind them.

To their shock, and surprise, Princess Celestia flew into the room gracefully, the six mares bowed, Star simply waved at her.

Celestia greeted and thanked them all for defeating Nightmare Moon, and saving her sister at the same time, they all shared in the shock as Celestia revealed the truth, that Nightmare Moon was actually her sister Luna.

As Celestia went to speak with her little sister, hurried steps were heard behind them, Star looked and saw Night Frenzy, Roxanne and Umbrea head up the stairs, they looked dirty because of the mud and twigs, but they were otherwise alright.

"Darn! we missed it!" Night Frenzy complained.

"Not really, it was mostly reminiscing until Twilight finished talking, then they used the Elements on Nightmare Moon, that's about it." Star said.

Night Frenzy's eye twitched. "I'm done, we need to go home, I'm tired, I'm dirty, and I really just want to sleep after all of this." She said flatly.

"You know what this calls for!?" Pinkie started energetically.

"Oh no." Star started.

"A PARTY!" She finished loudly.

_____*Ponville*_____

As the party raged on in Ponyville, Night Frenzy was left alone out by a nearby lake. "I was told I could find you here." Spoke a calm voice

Night Frenzy threw a rock and it skid, she looked behind her and saw Princess Celestia walking up. "What's up?" She asked casually.

Celestia threw a rock into the lake as she spoke. "I decided I should meet the ones who saved my sister, I owe you all that much at least." She said.

Frenzy chuckled. "So, we're you surprised to see another Alicorn? Or a Pegasus with fox ears?" She asked.

Celestia shook her head a little. "At first, yes, Alicorns aren't exactly common, I suppose seeing another born Alicorn surprised me, as for Roxanne, I was curious more than surprised, she's the only one I know of that is like that." She replied.

"Well, i guess seeing a Thestral after a thousand years was a bit of a shock." She said.

Celestia smiled a little. "Actually, after Nightmare Moon's defeat, many Thestrals rebelled, but even more sought sanctuary from the rebellion, nowadays, they have a city of their own, it's underground but stable, Deepmaze I believe was the name." She replied.

Night Frenzy blinked as she through a rock. "Sounds like people get lost a lot there." She stated.

Celestia nodded. "Yea, I get lost every time, thankfully some of the Thestrals in the guard are more than capable of navigating it." She replied.

The stood there in silence for a short time. "So Frenzy, tell me about yourself." Celestia said.

Night Frenzy shrugged. "Not much to tell, aside from a carnivorous diet and adopted parents, very normal childhood, best friend lost her dad a while back, I sleep upside down sometimes, and.....actually." She looked at Celestia. "Do you know if Thestrals drink blood?" She asked.

Celestia thought on it for a moment before shaking her head. "I have no idea, Thestrals are very secretive at worst......at least, the ones I have met." She replied.

Night Frenzy thought on something for a while and then looked at Celestia again. "Wasn't there a counterpart team of the Wonderbolts?" She asked.

Celestia nodded. "The Shadowbolts, they were disbanded a long time ago when Nightmare Moon arose." She answered.

Night Frenzy threw a rock into the lake. "What would you say to reforming them?" She asked.

Celestia threw a rock as she thought on it. 'Reform the Shadowbolts? Interesting idea, but the problem would be actually getting it done, they would need funding, an academy, staff, trained Pegasi or Thestrals, not to mention, the strained relations with the Wonderbolts, and the propaganda that would spread about 'power hungry' now, the upside would be that Equestria would have a new military force, it would definitely be a boon to have the Thestral or Shadowbolt decendants quiet down about reforming them, and it would be a way for the Wonderbolts to relax some more, they had a ridiculously busy schedule as it was, I need to think on this some more.' She noted.

"I need to give it some thought, there is a lot to think about." Celestia finally replied.

Night nodded. "Understandable, running a nation isn't easy." She said. "Well, when you have an answer, look me up, I'll be here." She said.

Celestia smiled and she threw one last rock. "By the way, before I go, there is one question I have for you." She said.

Night listened as the Princess spoke. "Your sister told me you want to know who your birth parents were, I've promised to try to find her's, but I would like to know, do you wish to know?" She asked.

Night Frenzy sighed and chuckled. "Sometimes I hate that mare." She muttered, she then looked at Celestia. "On one condition, you don't withhold anything, even if they died, or are traitors, i need to know." She replied.

Celestia nodded. "Then you have my word, that I will find them if I can." She swore before walking off. "We should talk like this again sometime." She added.

Night Frenzy smiled a little. "Maybe." She said to herself.

_____*Ponyille*______

Star and Twilight sat together under a tree, it was warm, there was a party going on, and right now, they were just sitting there with a book, the two dragons were happily talking and reconnecting, and Snowdrfit was avoid Fluttershy and Pinkie at all costs.

"I hear your going to be staying here in Ponyville." Star began.

Twilight nodded. "Canterlot is nice and all, but I can't deny it." She paused as she watched some of the shenanigans that Pinkie was starting. "This place has a special charm about it." She finished.

Star chuckled. "You know, I know your staying at the library, but I am curious." He looked at Twilight. "First, would you and Spike like to stay at my place? it has a lot of room, more than me, Spark and Apache can use, even if you count Snowdrift, second, you could enroll Spike at the local school, I know he has some tutoring back in Canterlot, but it might be a good idea for here." He said.

Twilight rolled her eyes. "I'll have to pass on your offer to stay with you, never know when you meet that special somepony, and as for the school, you're right, Spike should have fun, besides he needs to make some friends aside from Apache." She said.

Star nodded. "Hey, remember when we were told that Spark and Spike were brothers?" He asked.

Twilight shivered. "Don't remind me, my head was spinning the entire time, I didn't even consider it." She replied.

______*A few weeks later*______

Night Frenzy was in her room reading up on the history of the time of Nightmare Moon.

She was very intrigued by that era, but not because of its historical value, but because of one thing alone.

That was where all mention of Thestrals ended, after that era, Thestrals didn't exist.

So she was reading up, getting any information she could.

Soon however, there was a knock on the front door. "Can you get that!" Night asked.

"Yea!" Roxanne said.

Night continued to read, comparing whatever she read in the book, to a notebook she made, a knock on her door however made her stop, she got up and headed for the door, she opened it and saw Roxanne. "We have a visitor." She said.

Night headed downstairs, she looked into the living room and saw none other than Princess Celestia sitting down, with a stack of papers on the table. "Well well well." She said with a smirk. "Would you look who it is." She said as she walked up to sit down.

"It has been a while." Celestia said.

Night Frenzy chuckled. "It has, so......apologies, but we haven't been able to stock up food just yet, so I don't have any snacks to offer, but that isn't why you are here, is it?" She asked.

Celestia nodded. "I found your birth parents, but I don't think you'll be surprised at who they are, all things considered." She said as she gave the sisters a couple folders.

Roxanne opened her folder and raised an eyebrow, but she then shrugged. "Makes sense I suppose." She muttered.

Night Frenzy peaked and saw that Roxanne's father was an actual fox, while her mother was a Pegasus mare called Helios, according to the file, the birth never should have been possible, but it happened.

Night Frenzy then opened her folder, she saw that her father was a Thestral named Jurgen, while her mother was......a Griffin? Named Ligani. "What?" She asked herself.

According to the file, this birth was quite literally an impossibility, but somehow it happened, she blinked and looked it over once again. "I'm half Griffin?" She mumbled.

Roxanne looked at Celestia. "This can't be right, I mean, these are impossible births." She argued.

"So is an Alicorn." Celestia countered.

At that, Roxanne was stumped, she didn't really know how to argue that. "Then how do you explain the Griffin thing?" She asked.

"Sex change spell." Night Frenzy and Celestia replied easily.

Roxanne shook her head. "Tmi." She quickly said. [1]

Night Frenzy did read one thing in the files however, Roxanne's mother had died five years ago from cancer, her father was impossible to differentiate from other foxes, Ligani was alive in the Griffin kingdoms, and Jurgen was.......in jail, for murder. "Oh, well, that's a bummer." She said as she set the file down.

The three sat in silence for a time until Frenzy spoke. "Who did he kill?" She asked.

"The social worker assigned to you." Celestia replied.

Night Frenzy sighed and after a few moments, she looked at the rest of the papers that Celestia had. "What's all of this?" She asked.

Celestia handed the sisters the papers. "Do you remember what you asked me a few weeks ago?" She wondered.

"Yea, I asked if you wanted to reform the Shadowbolts, I take it you have an answer?" She asked.

Celestia nodded. "I do, go ahead and read, I think it will explain itself." She replied.

Night Frenzy delved into the files, at first it looked like little more than estimates, cost of construction and such, but there was one paper that explained it all.

The paper containing the legal information and documentation of the Shadowbolts, however, it was blank whenever the word captain appeared. "What's this about?.....you couldn't find a good captain?" Frenzy asked.

Celestia shrugged. "Oh no, don't get me wrong, I have found plenty of candidates for positions in their ranks, but I felt like you deserved this post." She replied.

Night Frenzy looked up at Celestia with a confused look. "Why me?" She asked. "I don't have any military training, and I'm not an amazing flyer, ask anypony." She said.

Roxanne looked at her with a disbelieving glare. "Yea right, you've always been the Better flyer between us, and I've seen you beat Rainbow Dash more times than I can count." She argued.

"The reason I believe you fit this position Night Frenzy, is because you have displayed many traits of a leader, bravery, judgement, rational thought, a questioning mind, and above all, you are not afraid to take matters into your own hooves, or let another do something you cannot." Celestia explained.

Night Frenzy sighed and looked at Roxanne, she then looked at the paper, giving this decision a great deal of thought before continuing. "Ah to heck with it." She looked at Celestia. "Got a quill?" She asked.

Celestia gave her a quill and Night Frenzy signed the papers.....after reading them very thoroughly. "Congratulations Night Frenzy, new captain of the Shadowbolts." She said.

Night Frenzy leaned back into the couch and sighed, she looked up at the ceiling and chuckled. "This is so going to suck for a while." She mumbled.

"At least you won't be alone." Roxanne said.

Night Frenzy looked and saw that Roxanne had signed the papers as well. "Uh oh." She said.

Frenzy then looked at Celestia. "Don't expect me to salute you all the time." She said.

Celestia nodded. "I wouldn't dream of it." She replied.

It was at least ten minutes until the tension in the air settled, as then the sisters bid farewell to Celestia.

Night Frenzy looked at Roxanne. "I just thought of something." She said.

"What is It?" Roxanne asked.

Night Frenzy sat down on the couch. "I didn't think about it until just now.....but I unintentionally signed myself up for the Wonderbolts academy to learn advanced flight and military discipline from the guard." She said.

Roxanne sighed and walked up behind Night Frenzy.....she then delivered one mother of a head slap to the back of Frenzy's head.

"Thank you." Frenzy said.

"You'll do fine." Roxanne said.

Frenzy chuckled. "Wait, did your paper say something like that?" She asked.

Roxanne paused and groaned. "CRAAAAP!"

Author's Note:

[1]To those who do not know, Tmi stands for: Too Much Information.

Anyway.....FINALLY!:yay:

I am done with this story!

Not that that is a good thing, as I think some of you like this story, even though it IS a random cluster of crappy ideas thrown together to make something.

But still, like I said, it's over, this is the final chapter, I might make a finale at some point, but until then let's cover some stuff up.

Umbrea, aka Lyaroa, removed her memories and those of everyone else, to live a normal life.

Roxanne is still supportive but tough, and stands behind her friends and sister.

Night Frenzy, aka Nightmare Rox, newly appointed captain of the not yet formed Shadowbolts.

Star Shifter, aka Fang, is basically the same as before, he just has magic and two siblings now.

Gem, aka Skitter, blind, lazy, and very dedicated, yet still finds time to insult people from time to time.

Sapphire, aka Sapphire, aka Skitter's sister. Diamond Tiara and Shards, mom, and wife to Filthy Rich.

Firefly, not shown, but around somewhere.

Anyway, that's all guys/gals, see you in a different story I suppose.

PreviousChapters
Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment