• Published 12th Apr 2015
  • 1,039 Views, 56 Comments

A New Tale In Equestria. - Sylif Daring Doo



After returning home with Fang and Roxanne, Gwen finds that she might lose her memories, but when she receives a letter from an old friend, her life will be changed forever.

  • ...
17
 56
 1,039

PreviousChapters Next
The tale of Roxanne, Bridging the gap, Talking things over and a wager gone somewhat wrong.

_____*Ponyville, Gwen's house, 10:21 AM*_____

Roxanne sighed as she lied down on the couch with her eyes shut, Firefly was home as it was a Saturday, but she was upstairs with Solar, Skitter was nowhere to be found, and Gwen was still at the academy, leaving Roxanne on her own.

After a while, she finally gave up on trying to sleep, she got up and stretched her arms and legs before heading to the basement stairs, she opened the door and headed down, she looked around and sighed in slight sadness, now that Fang had moved, she was more alone than ever, she walked over to a small table and picked up the small talisman on it, it had a diamond on one side, and a broken horn on the other, she blinked and put the talisman around her neck, she walked back up the stairs after that and decided to check on the kids.

As she headed up the stairs, she thought back to the gem that Spark always had hanging around his neck, he refused to eat it, and practically slept with it, it was disturbing to say the least, Roxanne approached the kids room and knocked, a voice answered a few moments later. "Yes?" Asked Solar from behind the door.

"Just checking up on you two." Roxanne answered.

"We're fine mom!" Firefly said afterwards.

Roxanne chuckled. "Alright, I'll be downstairs if you need me." She said before heading downstairs. 'Its a good thing those kids aren't greedy, or that would haunt me.' She thought.

_____*two days later, outside Lyaroa's house, 2:08 PM*_____

Roxanne crossed her arms, she had already knocked and was waiting for a reply, seeing as there was no possible way for anyone to NOT, be at this particular house.

The small opening above the door opened and Wheatly popped out. "Oh heeey......sorry she isn't home, just wanted to say that, if you want to talk to her, you can either find her yourself or come back later...."

Roxanne cut him off. "I'm not here to talk to Lyaroa......is Fang home?" She wondered.

Wheatly paused for a moment and eventually he sighed. "Yes, he is, but he doesn't want to talk to anyone right now." He answered.

Roxanne grumbled. "Tell him it's Roxanne." She said.

Wheatly shook his head for a moment and went back inside silently.

She felt footsteps heading towards the door after a while, and the door soon opened to reveal Fang. "Hi Rox." He greeted.

"We need to talk." Roxanne said calmly.

Fang blinked but allowed the fox inside and closed the door after she was in.

They walked to the living room and sat down as Wheatly went upstairs. "What did you need to talk to me about?" Fang asked as he got comfortable in the chair.

"About us, or more importantly, you." She replied easily.

Fang blinked but said nothing as Roxanne continued. "Ever since we got back from the Empire, you've been distant, at first it was just the occasional brooding, but now you don't even talk to anyone outside this house and work, so what's going on Fang?" She questioned.

Fang sighed and stood up, he paced around a little and soon looked over his shoulder at Roxanne. "I think we should move this conversation outside." He said.

Roxanne stood up and crossed her arms. "Better just us talking than the whole town hearing it." She countered.

Fang shook his head and pointed at a door in the corner. "Not outside in the town, outside in the training yard." He said as he walked to the door.

Roxanne raised an eyebrow at that. "Training yard?" She asked as she walked over.

Fang nodded and opened the door as he reached it. "Lyaroa added this in last week, trust me, don't think about the logic of it all." He suggested as he went through the door.

Roxanne followed Fang and soon found herself outside.....in a courtyard around fifty feet wide. ".......Ok, I refuse to accept any explanation other than its bigger on the inside." She finally concluded.

Fang actually seemed to crack a smile as he shook his head, he looked over at Roxanne. "We can talk freely, no one can hear us out here." He mentioned as he rubbed his palm.

Roxanne blinked and started walking back and forth. "My question hasn't changed, what the hell happened to you?.....aside from the obvious." She added that last part for good measure.

Fang stopped moving entirely, it was brief, maybe a few seconds, but it was.......scary, he sighed deeply and looked at Roxanne with irritated eyes. "Do you really need to ask that?" He wondered. "You.....of all people should know." He added.

Roxanne said nothing as Fang continued. "Ever since I got back, everyone has been treating me as if I don't exist, when they look at me, they act like they are seeing a ghost, and when they talk to me, they don't know what the hell to say!" He continued.

Fang crossed his arms and walked around. "The worst part is, is that whenever something happens, everyone talks about it, and acts as if I'm supposed to know, or they don't tell me until a week later, so in short, I'm tired of being treated like I'm not here!" He finished loudly.

Roxanne, for the first time, truly did not know what to do, after all, the other times, someone had been around to help explain it, or help her get through it, but now.......she was on her own as she watched her old partner.

Before all of this happened, he was an odd one, but he was special in his own way, he seemed to make things better just by being there, but now.....what he felt, was loneliness, more than anything, he truly believed that everyone forgot about him, what made it worse however, was how Roxanne didn't do anything about it, she should have seen that something was wrong from the start, and could have helped him.

She did the only thing that she could do that made any sense. "Fang." She started quietly as she started walking over.

Fang looked at his partner and blinked. "What is it?" He asked.

Roxanne stopped a few feet away and crossed her arms. "Fight me." She said calmly.

Fang's eyes seemed to bulge out of their sockets, but he quickly shook his head rapidly. "Uh, um.....why?" He asked cautiously.

Roxanne backed up a few feet. "When two people have a strong enough connection, it is believed that they can see into each other's minds, to an extent, also, when two people fight one on one, they achieve a far greater understanding of the other in mere moments, I want you to fight me, no weapons, no magic, just hands and feet......and head." She explained.

Fang backed up a few feet and positioned himself on one end of the courtyard. "I fail to see how this will help." He pointed out.

Roxanne chuckled and stood on the opposite end. 'You'll figure it out partner.' She thought as she readied herself.

They both waited a few moments and they soon moved, their movements weren't lightning fast, they were moving at a decent speed to get closer, but just as they neared, they stopped and backed off slightly.

The two partners circled each other for a few moments before finally charging, Roxanne threw a swift kick at Fang's side, which was countered by him grabbing the foot with one hand and throwing a punch with the other while simultaneously throwing the foot to the ground and forcing Roxanne into a collision course with his punch.

Roxanne used her newfound momentum to her advantage and quickly threw her hand out to block, her hand shook as Fang's punch impacted hard, she latched on to his hand however and threw him to the ground.

If Fang was caught off guard, he hid it well, he recovered soon after hitting the ground by blocking a jab from Roxanne and rolling away from her, he then forced himself up and ran at Roxanne, who, in turn jumped up and prepared herself for another grapple.

Roxanne readied herself and soon enough, Fang had thrown a punch and a kick at her in two different directions, she blocked the punch, but was still hit by the kick, she landed on the ground with a thud, she blocked another attack by her partner and threw her foot up at him........and impacting in the nether regions.

Fang whimpered audibly and fell to the ground holding his privates. "Right in the round tables!" In retaliation, he punched Roxanne in her privates, immobilizing her instantly. "Son of a bitch!" She cried out.

Just like that, the fight was over, it ended almost as soon as it started. [1]

_____*fifteen minutes later, Lyaroa's kitchen.*_____

Roxanne said nothing as she sat at the table next to her partner, they both had ice cold water bottles and were still recovering from the damage, the worst was over thankfully.

"So." Roxanne started nervously.

Fang sighed and drank some of his water. "Did you seriously have to kick me in the balls?" He asked blandly.

Roxanne chuckled but winced as the memory of what came after returned. "I'll admit I'm in the wrong here." She admitted.

Fang shook his head and rested his arm on the table. "If anything, I'll admit that I feel.......relieved, i didn't have a spiritual episode, but it felt good to get that off my chest and let off some steam." He said calmly.

Roxanne nodded. "Yea, did some good for me too, but still, could have gone better." She replied.

Just then, they heard the front door open and close. "Fang, where are you at?" Asked Lyaroa.

"In here." Fang answered.

Roxanne drank some water but it didn't help much. "Hey Lyaroa." She said easily.

Lyaroa was attempting to sneak up as she said that, she sighed and walked over to the table and sat down across form the two former animatronics. "So guys, what did you guys do?" She asked inquisitively.

Fang quickly ignored that conversation. "We sparred, it tied, end of story." He answered.

Lyaroa pouted. "No fun, didn't even have a single conversation at work either." She complained.

And now Roxanne was curious. "Ok, I've actually been meaning to ask you this, but what IS your job?" She asked.

At that the entire room darkened, the only light came from a small flashlight that Lyaroa now held. "I......" She trailed off as she quickly held the flashlight beam up so it hit her face and she had a scary look on her face. "AM THE GRAVE KEEPER!......HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA!" She got even closer to Roxanne for that last part, only to get a fist jam her face to the table. "Ow!"

Fang raised an eyebrow as the light returned to the room. "That was different." He pointed out.

Lyaroa rubbed the new sore spot on her head and laughed nervously. "So guys, whatcha talking about?" She asked.

Roxanne said nothing as she crossed her arms and looked away. 'One of these days I'm going to kill that girl.......or at least I'll try.' She told herself mentally.

Fang had to be the voice of reason once again. "Roxanne here is concerned about me and our relationship, she wants a way to bring us back together." He answered.

Lyaroa put her hand under her chin and rubbed it in thought, after a while, she looked at the two and suggested the worst idea possible. "Threesome?" She suggested, immediately receiving a fireball to the chest from Roxanne and a punch in the face from Fang. "I'm glad I'm immortal." She mentioned as she rubbed her chest where the fireball hit.

"Let's be clear.....that is never happening." Roxanne said flatly.

After that, it was simple conversations for a while, before Roxanne eventually had to leave. "I'll see you two some other time." She said as she walked away.

Lyaroa simply stared happily as she watched the fox leave, soon after Roxanne was out of sight, she was whacked on the head. "Knock it off." Said Fang.

_____*five days later, Lyaroa's house, The kitchen, 11:01 PM*_____

Roxanne found herself coming over most of the time, mostly because everyone had their own things going on, but tonight Roxanne and Firefly were sleeping over, the three friends were just sitting there now, idly passing time. "Is it a Chandelier?" Fang asked.

"Yes." Roxanne replied.

Lyaroa sighed and rested her head on the table. "Guys, we played twenty questions for twenty minutes straight, can we PLEASE change the game?" She pleaded.

Fang rolled his eyes. "You know, as fun as this has been, I need to get to bed, if you didn't like this game, you shouldn't have made us play poker half the night." He pointed out as he left the room.

Lyaroa muttered something unintelligible and sat back up.

Roxanne blinked and crossed her arms. "Hey Lyaroa, can I talk to you?" She asked.

Lyaroa nodded and shook her head. "Go ahead." She said, clearly relieved to have changed subject from twenty questions.

"Back at the Empire, when we talked I said some things, I guess I wasn't really thinking, but still, I meant them, I can't change that." Roxanne said.

Lyaroa said nothing, listening as Roxanne spoke. "When I said I hated you.....it was out of anger and frustration, and you continuously adding more and more of it didn't help, but I didn't regret what I said, I guess if i was asked, I'd say the same thing, but maybe not.....what I'm getting at here is that you haven't really given anyone a reason to trust you, and it's going to be even harder since they might think that you forced them to trust you, after all, you did manipulate everything up to the Empire." Roxanne added.

Roxanne then put her right elbow on the table. "And to top it off, you keep acting like none of that happened, like it's all okay, news flash, it isn't, they don't talk about it, but everyone is pissed, the only exceptions are the kids......and maybe Fang and me but that's irrelevant, you do know what I'm saying right?" She wondered.

Lyaroa sighed and hung her left arm over the backside of the chair. "I know, I'm not blind or deaf, I'm not stupid......but it's better that I let them hate me, besides, I don't blame them, I did use them to get what I wanted, I didn't want too, but i had no choice, I couldn't just wait it out, I was constantly being hunted, and besides, i wasn't able to cope with what happened." She sighed. "Oh well, live and learn I guess." She said.

Roxanne didn't know what to say about that, truthfully, when she first met the REAL Lyaroa, she didn't know what to think, she originally thought that the Sentinel would be an unstoppable creature with tremendous powers, she was partially correct, she knew that the Sentinel had heart, and wasn't a stone cold statue with her emotions, but knowing that she willingly accepted being hated by those she called friend, it was strange to her eyes, but could only be explained as true strength, not just power, but force of will and heart. "If I wasn't as nice as I am, i would say that you made me believe you, but eh, screw it." She said as she rested her arms on the table.

Lyaroa chuckled and seemed to think of something, she grinned and crossed her arms. "I've got an idea." She said.

Roxanne raised an eyebrow. "What is it?" She asked.

_____*the next day, Lyaroa's house, 10:00 AM*_____

Fang sighed as he sat in the chair. "Ok, run that by me again, but this time, don't drink coffee in the middle of it." He said.

Roxanne actually found it amusing, but Lyaroa sighed and looked at Fang. "Simple, we play a game, the winner decides what the other two have to do for twenty four hours." She explained.

Fang shook his head but eventually relented. "At least we are all off today." He muttered. "Alright, what are we playing?" He asked.

Lyaroa materialized the familiar game of Life. "One game, I hope you both are familiar with the rules." She said.

The two partners nodded and they all chose their car and began the game.

All three went the college path, and they continued on through the game.

____*after the game, (because I'm not going to go through the entire board in this chapter.*____

Fang sighed as he sat back, Lyaroa had won, literally by one five dollar bill, game money that is.

So now they waited as Lyaora thought on what they had to do for twenty four hours, problem was, the kids were now up and they wanted to watch, so they had that to deal with as well.

Eventually, Lyaroa decided. "Ok guys......I've got it!" She declared.

Roxanne blinked and crossed her arms. "What is it?" She asked.

Lyaroa simply grinned.

____*later that day, Gwen's house, 1:20 PM*____

"Shut up." Roxanne growled as she waited. "It's not like I have a choice." She added.

Gwen was finding this amusing however. "So, run me by it again." She said.

Roxanne shook her head. "Lyaroa had an idea and the next day she gets me and Fang playing game of life, she says that the winner gets to decide the 'punishment' the other two have to deal with for twenty four hours, me and Fang lost, and now this." She was not happy as she talked, it continuously annoyed her, she wiped her brow and glanced at what was once her hand, which was now a hoof.....yes, a hoof, apostrophe hoof.

Roxanne had been turned into a Pegasus, supposedly it fitted her personality, SHE thought that Lyaroa had done it just because the wings would annoy her, they did, and Gwen teasing her about it didn't help either. "Shut up.....or I WILL set you on fire, not the house, just you." She warned as she walked away.

"So Fang, how does it feel?.....can't be easy I bet." Wondered Skitter.

She then heard Fang chuckle. "It's not that bad actually, I still want my old body back but this won't be that painful." Fang said.

Roxanne looked over at Fang and Skitter, Fang had been turned into an Earth Pony, he still had the black fur and glowing green eyes, he had short dull white hair and a matching tail, his butt tattoo was that of a mechanical claw, he was actually well built, in size he was slightly smaller than Big Macintosh, but he wasn't small either.

Roxanne herself kept her white fur and amber eyes, she had very short faded red hair and had a tail, her butt tattoo was that of a claw with a small white flame in the center, her wings were annoyingly itchy and she felt a strange but constant need to fly, the most irritating part were her ears, she had recently learned that Lyaroa has a wicked sense of humor, unlike Fang, who got normal pony ears, she had fox ears still, which had white fur, this normally wouldn't be an issue, but they itched and they apparently drew guys to her, which was annoying on its own.

Roxanne looked outside and sighed, she felt her wings itch again and she growled, thankfully, Lyaroa had made one good decision and let her keep her sharp teeth and carnivorous appetite.

Firefly seemed to like the change, as it allowed her to teach her mother something, flight. 'Show her how to do a backflip midair if you get the chance!' The ghost challenged.

Firefly sighed and lightly batted the left side of her head. "Quiet." She whispered.

Roxanne looked over at Firefly and chuckled as her daughter approached, they actually looked like mother and daughter now, if only for twenty one more hours.

Roxanne also noticed a distinct change in behavior from Gwen, who seemed to get a lot better after Firefly made her decision, apparently she was mostly anxious over not knowing what Firefly would choose, she still missed her sister, but knowing that she was watching in a manner similar to Golden Freddy, she cheered up a lot, she didn't hide her face from Firefly anymore, she actually laughed and smiled now, it was good to know.

Roxanne and Firefly hugged, it was brief, but it was strangely calming in this now stormy weather, which had literally started two minutes ago.

"Hey mom, if you want I can show you how to fly?" Firefly offered.

Roxanne chuckled and looked outside, for some reason, that sounded okay. "Sure thing......but maybe AFTER the storm?" She suggested.

Firefly and her mother shared a laugh at that as they watched the rain.

Roxanne heard foot, or more accurately 'hoof' steps getting closer, she looked over her shoulder and saw Fang walking over. "Why do you think this started?" He asked.

Roxanne shrugged. "I have no idea.....frankly? I don't care." She replied.

Spark's telltale claws were heard heading over and he soon showed up next to Fang and climbed up onto the windowsill.

Roxanne chuckled as she felt Firefly climb onto her head. "I really hope you don't get too used to that." She joked, getting a laugh from Fang and Spark.

Firefly giggled and the four looked out to the storm, as the rain pelted the window and fell to the ground, the quiet rumbling of thunder far off in the distance, and the faint reflection of the four shimmering in the rain.

At this moment, Roxanne felt something she hadn't felt in her entire life, something that she always wanted, but considered impossible.

She was at peace, finally.

Author's Note:

I should have said this earlier, but the year that I'm using for this story is 1024, as I said before, I don't care about exact timelines, it's WAY too confusing to be consistent.

Also, for those wondering, one of the reasons I did what I did was to give you guys an idea of what they would look like if they were ponified.

[1]No, they are not wimps, they just never got hit in that particular part before.

I'm going to do something new......I am NEVER EVER EVER, doing it again, I'm giving you guys a small glimpse of the future.

"Don't do it, no matter what goes through your head, do not do it."

Me: Anyway, I don't think I could have ended the filler arc on a better note, I could have been more descriptive, but you guys know me......I'm not good at that kind of thing, even if I try, you get one scene with loads of detail, and the others have little to none.

Pinkie: Well, I'm happy, sorry for being absent for so long, had something to take care of.

Me: Well, I think we can both say that it was a nice ending.....for the chapter.

Me and Pinkie: See you next time!

Pinkie: Also, I didn't say it, but I should mention that like most Five Nights At Freddy's games, stories and such, the past of this story matters, so if you get lost on some facts, go ahead and reread some chapters.

PreviousChapters Next