• Published 12th Apr 2015
  • 1,039 Views, 56 Comments

A New Tale In Equestria. - Sylif Daring Doo



After returning home with Fang and Roxanne, Gwen finds that she might lose her memories, but when she receives a letter from an old friend, her life will be changed forever.

  • ...
17
 56
 1,039

PreviousChapters Next
The Grayroot Forest, part one: Reunion.

_____*The Grayroot Forest, one hour later on a forest trail.*_____

Derpy followed Firefly along the trail since she was the only one who knew the path.

"Um, so why is it that Vulture lives all the way out here again?" Derpy asked.

Everyone else looked at Firefly as if waiting for her reply.

"Because no one ever comes to this forest." Firefly replied.

Twilight raised an eyebrow. "Why not?" She asked out of curiosity.

Firefly looked at the inquisitive unicorn and shrugged. "Because no one ever came out alive." She said simply before continuing her walk.

Everyone's jaws simultaneously dropped at Firefly's words.

Fang's eye twitched. 'She couldn't have told us BEFORE WE CAME HERE!?'

Twilight's eyes nearly bulged out of their sockets in response. "Why didn't you tell us?" She questioned.

Firefly shrugged. "Slipped my mind." She replied.

Gwen sighed and nudged Firefly in her side. "Come on, let's keep moving." She said.

Firefly nodded and started walking along the path again. "Alright everyone, let's just get this over with.....dont want to be here when the golems show up." She said, whispering the last part to herself.

Fang's ears picked up what she said though and he raised an eyebrow but chose not to say anything.

Derpy sighed and Golden groaned. 'I HATE golems!' He shouted while causing Derpy to get a headache.

'Calm down Golden, so what if there are golems? we have six magic users, two of us who fight in the air, two physical powerhouses, and finally me and you.' She replied.

Golden rolled his eyes and sat down in his 'chamber' as he called it. 'Whatever, just don't yell at me when I say 'I told you so'' He said.

Derpy nodded and continued her walk.

______*four hours later (what did you expect? a detailed explanation of every second?)*______

Firefly walked up to a clearing that had a rather large forest hut, she grinned. "We're here!" She shouted to the others.

Fang sighed. "What do you want? an achievement?" He asked while walking into the clearing.

A sound rang through the air, much to Firefly's confusion.(Achievement unlocked, [1]The obvious.)

Firefly shrugged as the others entered the clearing. "Well, I see Vulture still has a thing for bones." Trapper stated.

Tracker chuckled and slapped his brother on the back. "And you still have a thing for Rocks." He teased.

Twilight and Rarity both shared a look of confusion as they passed the twins.

Gwen smirked. "Hey Rarity.....didn't you have a boulder named Tom?" She asked sarcastically.

Rarity's eyes narrowed. "We agreed to NEVER speak of that Boulder!" She snapped.

Gwen smirk only grew larger and she walked away.

Roxanne walked up to Rarity. "Who's Tom?" She asked out of confusion.

Rarity looked like she would have a conniption before she huffed and walked away while grumbling angrily.

Roxanne looked at Twilight who sighed and walked away. "Seriously......who the hell is Tom?" She asked the mare.

Twilight rolled her eyes. "Believe me.....you don't want to know." She replied calmly.

Firefly and Fang both blinked about the spectacle that just unfolded before their eyes. "Nope." They both said.

Another sound rang through the air. (Who's Tom? [2])

Firefly shook her head and walked towards the door of the hut, she knocked on the door three times.

A set of footsteps came from inside the hut and the door let out a series of clicks.

The door opened to reveal a scrawny Changeling male with orange eyes, the Changeling smiled at the sight of Firefly and the others. "I'm glad to see you've come, didn't think any of you would care enough for a reunion." He said with a partially sad look.

Gwen grinned. "Wouldn't miss it." She said.

Vulture nodded and invited the group into the hut, he did pause for a brief moment after seeing Derpy but seemed to pay it no mind.

Firefly entered the main room and looked around. "Nice place Vulture." She said while looking at a strange mask.

"Thank you, but wait until you see what I have for you to see." Vulture replied happily.

When everyone was finished entering the hut Vulture couldn't help but noticed an absent person. "Where's Gilda?" He asked sadly.

Gwen huffed. "She told me that she never wanted to speak to me ever again." She replied in an irritated tone.

Vulture sighed but his face returned to a small smile. "Well, let's not dwell on that eh?" He said cheerfully.

Firefly and Skitter both raised eyebrows at Vultures attitude in confusion. "Vulture, you feeling ok?" Skitter asked in concern.

Vulture nodded and through the main room and towards a table. "Let's just enjoy the reunion for a while, don't want to spoil it by showing you the big surprise." He said with a grin.

Fang rolled his eyes and leaned against a nearby wall, Firefly and Roxanne soon joined him. "Why don't you go join your friend? it is a reunion after all." Fang pointed out.

Firefly shrugged. "Nah, me and Vulture never really got along, i only came because I knew none of the others not counting Gilda never missed a reunion." She replied.

Roxanne chuckled and looked over at the group of friends currently sitting at table talking, she noticed Dust was wincing at something, so she decided to keep an eye on her.

Twilight was currently talking with Darkestlight and Derpy about something, Derpy looked like she was going to fall asleep but Dark kept her awake by saying something odd that made her blush.

Fang chuckled at the scenery that the room offered and closed his eyes. 'This will be one long day.'

______*two hours later*______

"Hurry up!" Called Vulture, he sounded impatient.

Firefly groaned and jogged forward with the others. "Vulture, maybe next time, you could NOT put the surprise so far from your house?" She asked.

Vulture chuckled. 'Oh ho, you have no idea why.' He thought darkly as he chuckled.

Derpy shook her head as Firefly groaned in annoyance as they kept pace with Vulture.

'This better be worth the trip.' Golden said in annoyance.

Author's Note:

[1] 10g's (Because Firefly stated the bleeding obvious)

[2] 20g's (Seriously.....WHO THE FUCK IS TOM!?!?)

As always I hope you enjoy, and yes I will be continuing that achievement thing.....speaking of which.

Achievement unlocked, (Completed sequence 2, 10g's)

Pinkie: I have some news for everypony!

Me: Please don't.

Pinkie: Our author is a pony!

Me: Damnit Pinkie!

*Pinkie shrugs* :Well I thought they would like to know what's happening to you.

Me: Are you EVER going to untie me?

*Pinkie gasses me: Nope.

*I Mentally make a note to NOT let Pinkie be my co-author in any more stories as the gas puts me to sleep*

Pinkie: Oh uh.....i almost forgot I have a one chapter special for you readers!

You can choose between surprise 1 and surprise 2 for the next chapter.

*Pinkie waves goodbye to the audience* :See you in the next chapter!

Pinkie: How many times am I going to have to teach that man a lesson?

PreviousChapters Next