• Published 12th Apr 2015
  • 1,038 Views, 56 Comments

A New Tale In Equestria. - Sylif Daring Doo



After returning home with Fang and Roxanne, Gwen finds that she might lose her memories, but when she receives a letter from an old friend, her life will be changed forever.

  • ...
17
 56
 1,038

PreviousChapters Next
The tale of Spark, strange occurrence, differences of two dragons.

____*Lyaroa's house, three days later, 7:49 AM*____

Spark walked down the stairs and into the living room, he watched as Wheatly slid along his rail, he watched as Fang moved into the kitchen, the only one missing was Lyaroa, but he knew that she was still asleep. 'She could sleep all year if she felt like it.' He mused as he headed into the kitchen.

As Spark entered the kitchen, he saw Fang sitting at the table drinking some coffee, he walked over to the fridge and opened it, he then pulled out some orange juice and headed to the counter before realizing he couldn't reach it. "You want some help Spark?" Fang asked.

Spark looked around and saw that there was no way for him to get a cup or evenup to the counter, he sighed. "Sure." He replied.

Fang stood up and walked over to one of the cabinets, he pulled out a cup and took the juice, he then poured a cup and set it on the table. "There." He said as he went to put the juice away.

Spark walked over to the table and got on one of the chairs, he then drank his juice silently.

Fang sat back down and drank the last of his coffee, he then set the mug off to the side. "Hey.....I think we should talk." He suggested.

Spark set his cup down and put his arm on the table. "What about?" He wondered.

Fang crossed his arms and sighed. "I'm not sure, but I think we should try to find some common ground, we are father and son after all." He replied.

Spark blinked, he thought on this a moment as Fang's words ran through his mind. 'Technically, he is my dad, but I barely know the real him, and he wasn't even there when he gave me my name, not that Lyaroa gave him a choice.' He shook his head free of the thoughts. "Alright, so what do you think about politics?" He asked randomly.

Fang rolled his eyes. "I don't care about politics, they're boring." He answered easily. "So, what do you know about robotics?" He asked.

Spark raised an eyebrow. "Uh......other than Wheatly and Dark's leg, not much." He replied.

____*thirty three minutes later, Lyaroa's house.*____

Spark got off the chair and stretched his arms, he had just finished talking with Fang, and they both discovered a bunch about the other, for one, Spark didn't know that Fang was technically only six years old, he was really around twenty seven, but he didn't act like it, he mostly preferred to observe or take a passive approach to things.

But as he walked out of the kitchen, Spark remembered that he had school, his eyes widened and he darted upstairs to get ready.

Spark quickly ran up the stairs, nearly running into Lyaroa who just left the bathroom, and into his room almost startling Wheatly off of his rail.

The actual time that it took for Spark to run upstairs, head to his room, and quickly get everything he needed for school, took about twenty seconds......in frame by frame time.

Spark quickly returned downstairs and put his backpack on the couch, he was now breathing heavily and had his hands on his knees. 'Bad idea.....really bad idea.' He told himself.

It was about a minute later that Fang came out with a small paper bag, he handed it over and looked at Spark's backpack. "That was fast." He said.

Spark nodded and put the bag in the backpack. "Yea, it was." He replied.

A few moments later, footsteps were heard coming down the stairs and they both looked and saw Lyaroa walking down groggily, Fang stifled a laugh at something he saw, but Spark didn't see it.

But the moment Lyaroa walked to the kitchen, Spark saw it, a large stripe of yellow paint went right down her spine, he resisted the urge to laugh.

Fang looked away and patted Spark on the head. "Come on, let's get you to school before your late." He suggested.

Spark immediately agreed and followed his dad.

After the two left the house, they headed for the school.

The walk was mostly quiet, but that was mainly because they didn't really have anything to talk about, the only thing that was said between them was a short explanation as to why Roxanne was picking Spark up from school today.

But as they approached the school Spark noticed that Fang had gotten unnaturally quiet, he gazed up at his father and noticed a strange look in his eye, but he chose not to ask. "I'll see you later Spark, I got to get to work." Fang said before walking away.

Spark looked back at his dad curiously but he was soon greeted by an all too familiar voice. "He Xona." Firefly said in Changish.

"He Kare." Spark replied. [1]

Spark walked over to Firefly and noticed that Solar was here, and saw Skitter walking off. "I see Skitter walked you over." He said.

Firefly shrugged. "Mom had to cover for someone today." She explained.

Spark nodded in understanding before walking to the schoolhouse. "So, how is everyone?" He asked.

"Gwen and Derpy's relationship is improving, slowly but it's progress, mom has been kinda busy, Solar has been a good roommate, and Skitter.....she's dealing." Firefly explained.

Solar looked at Spark. "Um.....hi, and I'm right here you know." She told Firefly as they all walked.

The three entered the classroom and saw that Cheerilee was not here, nor were most of the class, Spark looked at Firefly and Solar with a shrug. "Find a seat I guess." He suggested.

Soon enough, after they all found seats nearby each other, Spark saw the Crusaders enter the room, he watched out of the corner of his eyes as they all took seats. 'Well......time for some more boring classes.' Spark put his elbow on the table as the rest of the class arrived and a minute or so later, Cheerilee walked into the classroom to begin the lessons.

Spark took his elbow off the table and he quietly yawned with a hand over his mouth, he then focused on paying attention. 'Last thing I need to do is cause trouble.' He thought.

____*later that day, Recess. (Yes, I am skipping the actual learning part of school.....what a shock!)*____

Spark walked over to an empty table with Firefly and Solar, the two girls sat down at one of the benches while Spark sat on the table. "I know you like doing that, but could you sit on the bench like a normal kid?" Solar wondered.

Spark shook his head and rested his arm on his knee. "Na, i like it up here." He replied easily as he took the paper bag out of his backpack, he looked inside and there was three gems, a ruby, a sapphire and an amethyst.

Spark pulled them out and eyed them. "You know.....I don't think I've ever eaten gems, not once." He said to the fillies.

Firefly blinked and shrugged. "Is that bad?" She asked.

Spark sighed and put two of them on the table. "Not sure.....here goes nothing." He put the amethyst in his mouth and chewed it up.

Solar and Firefly watched curiously as Spark ate the gem.

Soon enough, Spark blinked and he then put the other two gems in the backpack. "Note.....never eat gems, they're horrible." He stated.

"That's odd, I thought all dragons liked gems." Firefly said.

Solar nodded. "Same here, though I guess not all dragons like them." She added.

Spark shrugged as he rested his arm on his knee again. "If so, I doesn't matter, I can always eat other things." He finished.

The school bell soon rang, and recess was over, the three then headed to the school. 'At least the other gems won't go to waste.' He thought as he returned to his seat.

As the class resumed, Spark gazed away for a second and looked out the window, he raised an eyebrow at what was out there, it was a large shadowed figure, it seemed to look at the school for a brief moment before walking away.

Spark quickly returned to paying attention to the lesson, but he was definitely going to mention this to Fang and Lyaora....they would most likely know something.

Although, one thing was bothering him today, where was Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon? 'I'll figure this out later I guess.'

_____*later, after school.*_____

Spark, Firefly and Solar all walked outside the schoolhouse as they waited for they're respective pick ups, as in, they were waiting on Roxanne to show up.

The crusaders had already gone home, so the three were left alone to entertain themselves. "Hey guys, what happened with the storm a couple of days ago?" Spark asked.

Firefly and Solar both looked at Spark with a slightly shocked expression. "You didn't hear?....the weather team was unable to contain the storm and it went out of control." Firefly explained.

"It's just good that nobody was seriously hurt." Solar added.

Spark blinked and shrugged. "Well....it really seems like I need to 'ketchup' on recent events." He joked. [2]

Firefly sighed. "You set that one up!" She complained.

Spark did a mock bow with a grin. "Come on, your smiling." He pointed out.

Firefly and Solar, were in fact, smiling. "I am, and I hate it." Solar argued.

It was just as Spark sat down, that he spotted Roxanne. "She's here you guys." Spark mentioned as he stood up and jumped off the table.

As the three walked over to Roxanne, they saw that she seemed distracted. "What do you think is on her mind?" Solar wondered.

"I don't know, but it can't be good." Firefly said quietly.

Roxanne seemed to snap out of whatever trance she was in as the kids approached. "Hey guys, come on, I got to get you three back." She said casually.

Spark blinked and saw the small glimmer of worry on Roxanne's face but did not ask.

____*a few minutes later.*____

Spark looked around as he walked with the others, it was a little later on that Roxanne spoke more than two words. "Gwen got accepted into the Wonderbolts academy." Roxanne said.

Firefly whistled in amazement. "That's cool....but mom, you seem worried, you alright?" She asked out of concern.

Roxanne nodded. "Yes, I'm alright....what I'm concerned about is the others, Twilight, Rarity, Fluttershy, Applejack and Pinkie Pie, they seem distant, like they don't really know what to do, it's......concerning, to say the least." She explained calmly but with some worry plain in her voice.

"It's none of my business, but I think they should try to make use of this time, they shouldn't be spending it all worrying if she'll be alright or not." Solar said.

_____*later that day, Lyaroa's house, 4:28 PM*_____

Everyone was in the living room, Lyaroa was listening to music while taking up the entire couch, Fang was reading Verdant's journal while sitting in a chair, Wheatly was in sleep mode, also, Roxanne was there, but she was leaning on the wall across from Lyaroa, while Spark was pacing in deep thought, eventually, Fang looked up from the book and looked at Spark. "Something on your mind?" He asked.

Spark stopped, but he soon sighed and nodded. "I need to tell you two something." He admitted.

Fang then looked at Lyaroa and stood up, he walked over and pulled the headphones off. "What is it?" She asked quickly.

Fang pointed at Spark and Lyaroa sighed, she rubbed her eyes and sat up to let Spark sit. "Come over kid, what's up?" She wondered as the young dragon walked over and sat down.

Spark looked between the two and made sure they were paying attention....they were. "Alright.....this is going to sound insane, but I saw something I can't explain." He started.

Fang seemed thoughtful, while Lyaroa was neutral, Roxanne blinked. "It happened today, it was a large shadowy figure, It looked at the school before walking off, I'm not sure what it was doing, but it was creepy." He continued.

"......I've seen it too." Fang admitted.

Lyaroa, Roxanne and Spark looked at Fang with concern. "When?" Lyaroa finally asked.

Fang set the book aside and crossed his arms. "Ever since the day I agreed to move here, it came as a figure like the one Spark mentioned, but it spoke, it was talking as though the world underwent a great catastrophe." He answered.

Soon enough, the four were in silence until Roxanne spoke. "I didn't see this shadow, but what about you Lyaroa?" She asked.

Lyaroa shook her head and stood up, she sighed and paced back and forth. "I haven't seen it, but I think I know what happened." she replied, she then looked at Fang. "It's my theory that when I left your body to return to mine, I accidentally left behind some of my time powers, and you must have unintentionally released some of it." She explained.

Fang stood up and walked over to Lyaroa. "So how do I fix it?" He asked.

Lyaroa blinked. "I'll show you how to get it under control, but I won't teach you how to move time, at best, you'll learn how to slow it down." She replied.

Spark looked around and he let out a sigh of relief. 'At least it's getting fixed.' He thought, he then looked at Fang who had sat back down. "Hey dad.....I can't eat gems." He mentioned.

Fang shrugged. "Ok, it was a suggestion Twilight gave me, but now I know not to do it anymore." He replied calmly.

Spark paused and looked at Fang. "How would Twilight know?.....she's not a dragon." He asked.

"Twilight has a dragon son named Spike.....I thought you knew." Lyaroa answered before putting her headphones back on.

Spark scratched the back of his head as he tried to recall mention of Spike.....he didn't. "Nope." He said finally.

____*a few days later, Ponyville, 2:23 PM*____

Spark walked with Lyaroa to the Golden Oaks Library, which also happened to be Twilight's house, Spark had mentioned that he wanted to meet Spike, Fang was at work, Wheatly didn't know the town and couldn't get off the rail, thankfully, Lyaroa was already heading over and offered to take him there.

As the two approached the library, Spark found himself looking at Lyaroa. "Hey uh....what's Spike like?" He asked.

Lyaroa shrugged. "He's kinda mischievous, he does have a greed issue but that's normal with dragons, he also has a crush on Rarity, unlike you he likes gems, he's also constantly annoyed by Twilight and her obsession with reorganizing the entire library, other than that, you need to figure out." She explained as she knocked on the door.

The sound of shuffling and books falling came from the other side, but the door soon opened, revealing Dark looking stressed. "Hey guys." She said hurriedly.

Lyaroa raised an eyebrow. "Let me guess, Twilight has you and Spike helping her reorganize again?" She asked.

Dark nodded. "Yea.....apparently Celestia is visiting." She replied before spotting Spark. "Hey Spark, how are you?" She wondered.

"I'm fine." The young drake replied.

Lyaroa chuckled and shook her head. "Mind if we drop in? Twilight asked me to see her."

Dark moved and let them inside, she then shut the door. "Twilight!...visitors!" She called.

Lyaroa raised an eyebrow as she watched Twilight zoom around before realizing what Dark said, she spotted the Sentinel and Spark and headed over. "Oh good, you could make it." She said.

"Yea." Lyaroa then looked around and saw Spike, he had just finished putting some books away. "Hey Spike, I want you to meet someone." She said.

Spike looked over and saw Lyaroa, he then noticed a small orange dragon with dark green jagged scales, the dragon also had light blue eyes and was looking around curiously, he blinked and walked over. [3]

Lyaroa looked at Twilight and walked to a part of the library that wasn't occupied. "Come on Twilight, let's talk." She said.

Spark watched as Dark walked over to the couch to sit down, he then noticed Spike walking over, when they were close enough to talk, he heard Spike talk. "Hi, names Spike." He introduced.

Spark put his hand on his chest and spoke. "Ki Dorag Po Spark." He said in Changish.

Spike raised an eyebrow at the language. "Uh.....do you speak Equestrian?" He asked.

Spark nodded. "Sorry, force of habit....I'm Spark." He replied.

"What language was that anyway, it sounded familiar?" Spike asked curiously.

"Changish." Spark replied easily.

Spike blinked again. "Huh, so uh, is she your mom?" Spike asked while pointing at Lyaroa.

Spark shook his head. "She's like my mother, but she isn't." He answered as he crossed his arms. "So what about Twilight?.....she your mom?" He wondered.

Spike sighed. "She is, but I don't think she realizes it." He answered.

Spark sat down and rested his right arm over his knee. "That sucks....anyway, enough with the personal stuff." He stated.

Spike sat down across from Spark. "So, can you breathe fire?" He asked.

Spark nodded and held out his hand, he then breathed some controlled fire into the palm of his hand for a few seconds before harmlessly dispelling it. "It's still a work in progress though." He admitted.

Spike however was stunned. "How did you do that?....all I can do is breath it for a brief moment, and it's linked to a spell." He said.

Spark raised an eyebrow. "You weren't taught this stuff?" Seeing Spike shake his head answered his question. "Let me guess.....they taught you the spell you mentioned and that was it?" He guessed.

Spike nodded. "I know other things, but not a lot of it is on dragons, the only time I learned anything was when I met Garble and his friends, but they were just plain cruel. "He replied.

Spark sighed and facepalmed. "Oh boy.....fine, you need to know this stuff at some point, when you go to breathe fire, ignore the spell, you need to focus your flame in the chest and in the throat, you might know this, but breathing is a major part of breathing fire, not including Roxanne....she just ignores the logic of it all." He explained.

Soon enough, Lyaroa and Twilight walked back over. "Alright Spark, let's get going." Lyaroa said.

Spark stood up. "Seeya Spike." He said as he headed for the door.

The two left the library and closed the door behind them. "Why'd we leave so soon?" Spark asked.

"Simple, Twilight is trying to get the library ready for Celestia's visit, and she didn't want my helpful advice 'distracting' her." Lyaroa answered.

The two walked in silence after that, but when they neared the house, Spark looked at Lyaroa. "What are you going to do when she arrives?" He asked.

Lyaroa stopped as Spark spoke. "I don't know......I'm not going to cause a fight, but it depends on whether or not SHE keeps calm, or if we even see one another." She replied.

Spark looked worriedly as Lyaora entered the house extremely quietly. 'Learn to shut up Spark!' He berated himself mentally as he facepalmed and headed inside.

Author's Note:

[1] Xona means Brother, Kare means Sister, in Changish.....if it means something in a different language that I don't know, forget that, this is what I'm calling it, also, in Changish, He, means hi or hey when you mix it with certain words.

[2] As of this moment, I am handing control of pun master to Spark, as was my idea from the beginning!.....don't be surprised if Skitter pulls a rabbit out of a hat though.

[3] Spark changed between when he was first hatched and now am I right?...and yes I have a legit reason, it being that Spark looked like a recolor of Spike.

So that happened, see you next time!

Pinkie: I am still here by the way!

PreviousChapters Next