• Published 12th Apr 2015
  • 1,039 Views, 56 Comments

A New Tale In Equestria. - Sylif Daring Doo



After returning home with Fang and Roxanne, Gwen finds that she might lose her memories, but when she receives a letter from an old friend, her life will be changed forever.

  • ...
17
 56
 1,039

PreviousChapters Next
The empire of Crystals. Part one: Introductions and complications.

_____*The Crystal empire, ten minutes later, *_____

Skitter groaned as she walked through the streets of the empire, there was many things she was used to, she was used to people giving her hateful glares, or a look that proclaimed that they wanted her to die......but she wasn't used to people hiding in their homes.

Skitter noticed some blinds close in some of the homes. "I've heard stories about this place......they say that their was an evil king who enslaved his people and forced them to harvest the crystal." She said quietly to Fang.

Fang shrugged. "If you ask me, they should get over it.....their here now, and Sombra is outside the dome, they should be happy about that at the least." He said plainly.

Skitter nodded absentmindedly. "I guess that's true." She replied.

Fang looked down at Spark who looked around the city with a sympathetic expression.

"What's on your mind Spark?" Fang asked.

Spark looked at Fang then back at some of the homes. "It doesn't seem right, that's all......wish I could help them." He said sadly.

"The only way we can help them right now is getting to the castle and making a plan, the sooner we do that, the sooner we can get rid of Sombra." Fang replied.

Skitter sighed and walked on ahead of the two, she then flew up and spotted the castle. "Come on slowpokes!......the castle is this way!" She shouted down before flying towards the castle.

Skitter could hear Fang cursing under his breath and she was pretty sure that it was meant for her. "Whatever dog breath." She said quietly.

Skitter noticed some guards standing around the entrance to the palace and around some weird pedestal, she raised an eyebrow and a mischievous thought entered her mind, her horn lit up and she soon vanished.

She reappeared again on the pedestal and looked at one of the guards, she grinned and tapped the guard on the shoulder. "Excuse me, but I believe you have a pest problem." She teased.

The guard did not move.

Skitter grumbled and raised her hooves, she moved them over the guards head......and proceeded to bang on them like a pair of drums.

The guard did nothing except fix his helmet.

Skitter's left eye twitched. 'Fine, I can make him crack.'

She noticed that Fang, Twilight and everyone else had just come into view, she saw Twilight about to say something when Skitter silenced her by making a zipping motion across her mouth.

Apparently, Pinkie Pie got the message and pulled out a bowl of popcorn and started eating.

Skitter was about to question it but ignored it so she could continue, she quickly jumped in front of the guard. "Hello mister fartpants!" Skitter proclaimed when she landed.

The guard's reaction was almost immediate, his horn flared and fired a volley of magic blasts, which Skitter simply dodged.. "Changeling!" He shouted.

Skitter smirked as she began to play cat and mouse with the guards, she would appear in one spot and soon reappear in another.

"Over here bozo!" Skitter taunted as she appeared on the pedestal.

Fang and Roxanne could only facepalm, which was mirrored by Spark and Firefly. "Morons." Fang and Roxanne said in sync.

Twilight and the others watched in disbelief as Skitter toyed with the guards, Pinkie was still eating popcorn and Shining Armor looked completely annoyed.

Skitter popped up in front of a guard and slapped him silly. "That was for being an idiot." She taunted.

Skitter proceeded to slap every single one of the guards while following up with an insulting sentence. "That was because I feel like it!" She said to one of the guards.

"That's because I want to see if the author continues this stupid scene!" She told another.

Shining Armor sighed and walked up. "Knock it off!" He shouted.

Skitter pouted innocently and teleported over to the group. "I know nothing of what you speak." She replied calmly.

Shining looked at his guards and facehoofed. "I thought I trained you boys better than this." He grumbled as he walked over to talk to his guards.

After about ten minutes of discussion between Shining Armor and the guards, the group finally entered the castle, Skitter simply laughed at the guards as she entered the castle.

Skitter entered the throne room and looked around in awe. "Wow.......nice place you got here Crystalbrain." She teased.

Shining pretended not to hear Skitter and he walked into the room. "Cadence!...I'm back!" He called out.

Skitter rolled her eyes and looked around the room. "Will say this though.......crystal ponies are at least consistent." She commented randomly.

"I'm glad to see your ok Shining." Came a new voice.

Skitter looked in the direction of the voice and saw a pink alicorn with a crystal heart for a cutie mark, her mane and tail were a combination of a form of purple, some kind of yellow, and pink, and her eyes were purple, she walked down and welcomed Gwen and the others, but when she looked at Twilight something happened.

Skitter could only watch in confusion as Twilight and Cadence did some kind of greeting. "What the fuck?" She muttered to herself.

"Sunshine sunshine, ladybugs awake, clap your hooves and do a little shake!" The two mares said.

'We also have a mental problem!' Skitter added mentally. [1]

Cadence then spoke with Twilight a moment before noticing Dark, Fang and Roxanne, along with the two kids, she welcomed them all to the Crystal empire and then she finally noticed Skitter, who simply waved.

"Yo." Skitter said.

Fang sighed, he had heard from Twilight that Cadence and Shining had a wedding not that long ago, and that it was almost ruined by Changelings. 'This won't end well.'

Cadence walked over to Skitter. "Welcome to the Crystal empire." She said in a neutral tone, she held her hoof out.

Skitter raised an eyebrow and shook Cadence's hoof catiously. "Good to be here......I think." She replied.

"Alright then........on to business!" She declared while walking towards the group.

"What just happened?" She asked herself quietly.

____*one hour later*_____

Skitter groaned as she banged her head against the wall. "This has got to be the stupidest idea ever." She told her friend.

The plan that they had come up with was to boost the moral of the populace with something called the crystal fair, they would also need something called the crystal heart, which would act as the city's defense like in the old days, but apparently Sombra had taken the heart and locked it away somewhere in the castle, so Cadence was exhausting herself to keep a magical shield up around the city, and so, Skitter and Twilight were tasked with finding the heart, the only problem was Twilight, who insisted on manually finding the damn heart.

"It wouldn't be right to find it that way, you can't just cheat your way through everything." Twilight countered.

Skitter sighed and opened another door, seeing that the heart wasn't there she walked back to Twilight. "Hey.....do you feel that?" She asked the mare.

Twilight paused and soon a shiver went up her spine. "Yea, Sombra is attacking again, we have to hurry." She said.

"That's not it Twilight......listen." She said.

Twilight paused again but this time she listened carefully.......and soon, she heard something.

Dark whispers, they brushed along Skitter and Twilight and they continued their work.

After a time, Twilight found a dark door that had dark magic oozing out of It, she assumed that the heart was in there.

Skitter lit her horn up and soon sighed. "Don't go in there Twilight, it's just a trap." She said.

Twilight and Skitter then continued their search, their search led them all the way to the top of the tower and the last door was revealed.

"This can't be good." Skitter said as she felt a malevolent presence behind the door.

Twilight gulped and braced herself, she looked at Skitter with a detirmined stare. "You ready for this?" She asked.

Skitter sighed and nodded. "Might as well." She said simply.

Twilight's horn lit up and the door opened to reveal an old observation room, the two walked into the room and noticed a heart of pure crystal slowly rotating on a black pedestal, Twilight rushed up and grabbed the heart in her magic, causing the entire room to shake and a prison of black crystal to appear and imprison Twilight.

Skitter quickly rushed over to the prison and looked at Twilight. "You alright there?" She asked.

Twilight was currently breathing heavily but nodded. "More or less, we have to break this prison." She stated as she stood up.

Skitter rubbed the back of her head and fired a penetrating magical bolt at the crystal, only for it to bounce off and stick itself in the floor.

"Well that's problematic." She said.

Twilight briefly glanced at the heart and then at Skitter. "......Get the heart down to the bottom." She said.

Skitter gave Twilight a shocked look. "You can't be serious!"

Twilight sighed and levitated the heart to Skitter, she looked out the window and saw that Sombra was in the city and was currently heading for the castle.

"Go! we don't have time to argue!" She shouted.

Skitter took the heart and looked at Twilight. "I'll come back with someone......we'll get you out." She promised.

Twilight nodded and Skitter jumped out the window and took flight. "Be safe." She said quietly. [1]

Author's Note:

[1] 10g's Good luck with that.

Ok uh.....I'm going to explain something about this part of the story.

It's most likely going to focus more on Skitter's point of view, I might switch over now and then but I'm focusing on Skitter.

Btw, achievements are back!

I know it seems rushed, but I literally do NOT want to watch the damned episode/episodes, around three times each.

Pinkie: What's wrong with the Crystal empire?

Me: Nothing.......except that Sombra=Asshole.

Pinkie: Ok then, I better get going.

Me: You do that.....i was doing just fine without you anyway.

See ya next time!

PreviousChapters Next