• Published 12th Apr 2015
  • 1,039 Views, 56 Comments

A New Tale In Equestria. - Sylif Daring Doo



After returning home with Fang and Roxanne, Gwen finds that she might lose her memories, but when she receives a letter from an old friend, her life will be changed forever.

  • ...
17
 56
 1,039

PreviousChapters Next
The empire of Crystals, Part eight: Looking for a corpse.....no, I am completely serious.

____*two and a half weeks later, the Crystal Empire, 5:19 AM*____

A cool breeze passed through the city, much like it always did, I was starting to get tired of the cold, but I had to tough it out a bit longer because something called the 'Crystal fair' was being prepared, in my opinion?....waste of time, the crystal ponies need to toughen up, I mean come on, they rely on a magical artifact for their happiness.....how the hell have they survived this long?

As I walked through the dim and empty streets, I found myself thinking more and more on the events that passed recently, Lyaroa sent a mare called Sunset Shimmer to Canterlot, apparently to speak with Celestia about something important, I looked around and found a ladder on a nearby building, a smile came across my lips as I walked toward it and climbed up, when I reached the top I felt a cool breeze brush against my fur, I sighed and looked around, the night sky was slowly fading away as the sun came out, I decided to get a better view of my surroundings so I headed for the tallest nearby building other than the castle.

I walked across the roof and saw that there was no ladder leading to the building I was headed to, with some quick thinking I headed back to the ladder from before and picked it up, it was of course heavy, but i was determined, so when I reached the edge of the rooftop, I carefully set the ladder down and started to walk across, thankfully the ladder was extremely durable, the only part that I actually had trouble with was the center of the ladder, where it had actually bent and I was forced to jump across, my hands and feet landed on the crystal roof and a brief pain shot through my arms.

When the pain subsided I stood up and continued moving, I loud clang came from behind me but I knew it was the ladder, I sighed and climbed up a small rise on the roof, I walked around until I found a found a good spot, I then looked around and saw nobody, but I was actually looking for where the sun was rising, I soon found it and smiled before sitting down to watch the view.

I don't remember how long I sat in silence as the sun rose, it could have been hours, or even minutes, all I know however, is that when the sun rose, something sparked, I sighed and raised my hand, the faded red was just barely visible through the white fur, I yawned and stood up, my bones and joints aching from lack of movement, I stretched briefly and decided to walk around the city some more, so I walked to the edge of the roof and jumped off.

When I landed, I did so with a thump, I stood up slowly and started walking, with no particular direction In mind. 'You know what? I'm going to have me some fun later.' I thought with a grin.

____*four hours later, 9:02 AM, Crystal Empire castle.*____

Gwen groaned as she opened her eyes, she sat up and rubbed her eyes.

Gwen yawned and stretched out, she then stood up and fanned out her wings, she walked over to the door and started heading for the bathroom.

When Gwen left the room, she heard some doors opening and closing, meaning that she wasn't the first one awake, she sighed and continued walking.

Soon enough, when Gwen found the bathroom, she found it to be locked, she sighed and decided to wait on whoever was inside.

It was four minutes until the door finally opened and Firefly walked out yawning. "Good morning Gwen." The filly said groggily.

Gwen nodded and walked into the bathroom as Firefly walked away.

As Gwen approached the toilet, she then saw something......disturbing, it looked like a brown figure made out of dung rising out of the toilet, she raised an eyebrow but made her way to the handle to flush, the dung figure then sprouted two arms and a face......then warmed up?

Gwen decided not to find out and quickly flushed the toilet, she then heard the figure speak immediately afterward. "Noo!.....I'm flushing! I'm flushing!......how could this have happened to me!?......." The figure then was gone from sight and Gwen blinked, she then sighed and attempted not to think on it.

_____*meanwhile*_____

Spark felt a familiar sensation and he looked around the room, seeing only building materials and walls, he sighed and rested his head on the table. "Strange....." He mumbled.

_____*three minutes later.*_____

Gwen exited the bathroom, now refreshed, she decided to get some food, so she started walking to the kitchen, but one thing was for sure, she was NEVER going to the bathroom after Firefly again.

After a while, Gwen found herself in the kitchen with Applejack and Dark, who were working on breakfast, Gwen soon found herself 'recruited' by her two friends to help with breakfast.

_____*five minutes later*_____

Lyaroa entered the dining room and took a quick look around, seeing Twilight, Fluttershy, Rarity and Pinkie all sitting down, along with Spark and Firefly, Skitter was also in the room, her usual feisty attitude dulled by grogginess, but she seemed to be complaining about stupid things, judging by Spark and Firefly's stifled laughs.

Lyaroa rolled her eyes and walked over, she took a seat near Skitter and rested her head on the table.

A conversation seemed to be going on around the table, it seemed to be about nothing specific, but instead it was about random things, at the moment the topic had changed to plans for the fair. "So, what's everypony doing for the fair?" Twilight asked.

"Well......I planned on browsing the souvenirs, you never know what you'll find." Rarity said.

Skitter chuckled. "I am definetly going to look at the crystal shards, never know when you'll find something of use." She said with a shrug.

Lyaroa yawned and closed her eyes, attempting to fall asleep without anyone noticing.

Sadly.....Twilight got curious. "So Fang, what are you planning on doing?" She asked.

Lyaroa grumbled and sat up slowly. "If you must know.......I plan to do absolutely nothing and sleep." She replied groggily.

At that exact moment, Roxanne walked into the room with an annoyed expression on her face. "Hey everyone." She said with pure aggravation.

Skitter looked back and immediately noticed that Roxanne's left eye was twitching. "Hey Roxie......you alright?" She asked curiously.

Roxanne mumbled some incoherent words and walked over to the table before sitting down next to Lyaroa. "No I'm not alright......some guy that works at a zoo just tried to get me into one of their pens, you would think that standing upright and speaking English would be enough to make him understand that I am NOT a pet." She complained as she put her elbow on the table and rested her head on her hand.

Lyaroa chuckled and looked at Roxanne. "Something tells me that you aren't going to the fair." He mumbled.

Roxanne sighed. "Of course I'm going, I'm actually going to the jousting arena.....I've been having this urge to knock everyone involved in the tournament on their butt." She said.

Skitter chuckled. "Thankfully, I should be able to see that, but are sure you'll be okay?.....you might have to face Gwen or Applejack, they've been training for it." She wondered.

Roxanne chuckled. "If the jousting is anything like I'm thinking, then I'm going to be fine, and if magic isn't allowed, all the better." She replied confidently.

Lyaroa chuckled before falling silent again, she then stood up and walked to the door with a thoughtful look on her face. "I'll see you all later, I got something to look into." She told everyone before walking out.

Roxanne looked back and sighed. "He didn't even eat breakfast.....did he?" She wondered.

Everyone shook their heads and soon went back to discussing their plans for the day, Roxanne and Skitter however were left wondering why Lyaroa left so abruptly, they looked at each other with a look of curiosity and soon grinned before standing up and following Lyaroa.

As Skitter and Roxanne left the room, Gwen walked in along with Applejack and Dark along with a trolley holding breakfast. "Howdy everypony!....breakfast is served!" Applejack stated.

Gwen looked around but noticed a distinct absence of three people, she raised an eyebrow and looked at Twilight. "Have you seen Roxanne, Skitter and.....Fang?" She asked carefully.

Twilight nodded. "They just left, I think they decided to skip breakfast though." She replied.

Gwen thought on it for a moment but eventually shrugged and decided not to question it further.

_____*meanwhile, (at the funny farm)*_____

Lyaroa walked out of the castle and immediately made a sharp left turn, as she walked through the streets, she saw how the preparations for the fair were coming along, but her mind was focused on another matter as she walked. 'So.....if it isn't in Equestria, it must be around here somewhere.' She thought.

Eventually, Lyaroa found herself waiting for workmen to move a piano out of a building, she sighed and leaned up against the building.

After a few minutes, Lyaroa growled and closed her eyes. "Alright you two.....the jig is up, come on out before I resort to violence." She warned.

A whistle came from around the corner of the building, and soon enough Roxanne and Skitter revealed themselves. "Guess we aren't good at stealth." Skitter commented.

Lyaroa sighed and looked at the two. "No, you're actually good at it, but I could sense your presence......also, why is it you two always travel in a pair?" She asked.

Roxanne shrugged and walked around. "No idea, but we got curious, so we decided to follow you." She replied.

Skitter grinned and flew up next to Lyaroa. "Don't like it?.....better face it, we're going with you Senti." She teased.

Lyaroa sighed and leaned her head against the wall, but then she realized what Skitter said. "Senti?" She wondered.

Skitter grinned. "Yep, that is your new nickname." She replied.

Roxanne looked to the workmen who finally finished. "Ok, so what are you doing?" She asked.

Lyaroa rolled her eyes and walked around, she pointed straight ahead. "I'm looking for my body.....and since it isn't in Equestria it has to be here." She said calmly.

Roxanne raised an eyebrow and looked at Lyaroa. "Wait, how do you know that?" She wondered.

Lyaroa shrugged. "What did you think I've been doing? licking my wounds?......I searched all over Equestria with my time magic and I never found it.....also, I can sense my body from about two hundred yards, so that helps, I also felt the presence of my body while we headed here from Frosthoof." She explained.

Skitter shrugged and began walking. "Then come on, let's go find......you?" She said with slight confusion.

Lyaroa half nodded and walked up ahead of Skitter. "Alright then, you know the deal, we find my body, I get back in and stick around to torment you guys, and you get Fang the clueless dog." She said as she walked.

Skitter raised an eyebrow but Roxanne seemed to understand the joke and burst out laughing. "Did I miss something funny?" Skitter asked.

Lyaroa chuckled. "It's Earth humor.......don't worry about it." She said with a grin.

Skitter sighed and shook her head. "I had to pick the psycho's didn't I?" She asked herself.

_____*one hour later, the frozen plains.*_____

Lyaroa had brought Soul and Spirit along with him on this journey, and also had Roxanne grab Life and Death for extra protection.

Lyaroa looked around the plains, while it was harder to see with the falling snow, she could still see that there was......absolutely nothing but snow in all directions, she sighed and went to speak to Roxanne when she felt an all too familiar feeling, it was a very firm tug at her arm, it was cold, cold and still, she looked in the direction of the feeling and started walking. "Hey!....over here!" She called out.

Roxanne looked over in Lyaroa's direction and held her arm over her eyes. "I hate when he does this." She complained quietly as she walked over.

Skitter walked up to Lyaroa and noticed that he was keeping low, when Lyaroa stopped, he unsheathed Soul and plunged it into the ground.

Lyaroa stood up and pointed at the sword. "We should dig here." She said.

Skitter raised an eyebrow but decided not to question it, her horn lit up and fired a small magic blast at the ground, leaving a small hole.

Roxanne sighed and pulled out Life and Death as she appoached. "Hey.....you two still with us?" She asked.

The two spirits soon manifested and looked at Roxanne. "You called?" Life asked calmly.

Death looked around and saw only snow. "Can't see a damn thing." She complained as she ignited the area surrounding the group, melting all of the snow and warming Skitter in the process.

Roxanne rolled her eyes and looked at the two spirits. "Do you think you two can help us out?" She asked.

Life nodded. "Of course, how can I be of assistance?" He asked.

Roxanne looked at Death who nodded. "Alright, Death, can you keep the area clear of snow?" She wondered.

Death nodded and threw up a flame shield around the group.

Roxanne then looked at Life and pointed at the ground that Soul was in. "You have earth magic right?" She asked.

Life looked at the ground. "Yes, I assume you wish me to use my magic to assist you in digging?" He replied.

Roxanne watched as Lyaroa pulled out Soul and sheathed it. "So can you?" She wondered.

Life nodded and channeled his magic, using it to move the earth away from the designated area.

After that, it was a matter of waiting as Life worked.

Lyaroa's thoughts however were occupied by something else. 'This is strange, either they didn't know about my abilities or they didn't think anyone would go looking for it, either way, this all seems to be happening way too fast.' She thought skeptically.

____*ten minutes later*____

Lyaroa looked down into the hole that Life had created, it was dark, and you couldn't see the bottom, but Lyaroa was determined to find her body, so she looked at Roxanne. "Can you throw a quick fireball down there?" She wondered.

Roxanne shrugged and threw a fireball down the hole, she looked down it as Life and Death both returned to their swords, the fireball went down for a while before dissipating.

Lyaroa sighed and looked at the two. "Alright, I'm going to go down there and retrieve my body, stay up here and I'll communicate with you telepathically." She said before pulling out a stake and planting it firmly into the ground, she pulled some rope out of her travel pack and tied it to the stake and around her waist.

Roxanne raised an eyebrow and looked at Lyaroa skeptically. "You don't have telepathy." She pointed out.

"Yes I do.....just don't use it a lot." Countered the voice of Lyaroa in Roxanne's mind.

Roxanne grumbled. "Stay out of my head, the last thing I need is YOU in my mind." She replied.

Lyaroa then grinned and carefully went down the hole. "I don't get why you get so worried......if you are concerned about me being a pervert......" Her voice trailed off for a moment.

"You seem to be forgetting that I created these body's personally, so I know EVERYTHING about that.' Lyaroa teased mentally.

Roxanne's face went red and her fist seemed to tremble. "When you get your body back.....I am going to kick your ass." She mumbled.

Skitter groaned and facepalmed. "Oh my god.....get a room!" She snapped.

Lyaroa laughed and continued her descent. "You know.....I am opened minded, and I've never had a lesbian relationship, maybe that could work?" She commented.

Skitter stifled a laugh but realized what Lyaroa said. "Wait a second.....you're a female!?" She asked.

Lyaroa chuckled. "I thought it was obvious, I never said I was guy did i?" She replied as though it were obvious.

Roxanne groaned and held her hands over her ears as she sat down looking away from the hole. "Can we change the subject now?.....this conversation turned weird quickly." She wondered.

Skitter grinned and looked at Roxanne. "Alright.....but this isn't over." She replied teasingly.

"Hey, I think I found something......no, wait, it's just an old coin." Lyaroa told Skitter and Roxanne mentally.

Skitter shrugged and looked down the hole, no longer able to see Lyaroa, she decided to test the mental connection. "What does it look like?"" She asked.

"It's an old brass coin by the looks of it, one side has a unicorn and the other has a crystal shield.' Lyaroa replied.

Skitter whistled. "Bring it up if you can, it's probably worth something." She said.

____*down in the hole*____

Lyaroa sighed as she made her descent, she had put the coin in a small pouch hanging off her belt, the tunnel itself was dark and cold, along with a distinct smell accompanying the dampness.

As she descended, Lyaroa soon found a strange metallic plate, she rubbed her hand over it and as the dirt fell off it was revealed to be part of either a wall or armor.

Lyaroa raised an eyebrow and decided to check something out. "Hey Roxanne......did Life happen to mention anything about metal?' She asked mentally.

The reply was not instant, but after a few moments, Roxanne's voice responded. "No, he said he couldn't sense any metal.' She replied.

Lyaroa grinned and slowly began to remove the dirt from around the metal. "I think I found what we're looking for.....I'm getting a strong pull here." She told the others.

This time it was Skitter who replied. "Alright then, see if you can bring it up....if not, Life could probably help out some." She suggested.

Lyaroa scoffed and channeled some magic to the area around the dirt, the dirt then slowly began to dissipate and the metal became looser, eventually it became loose enough to pull out so she gripped it tight and made sure it was secure before starting to climb back up.

Skitter sighed and sat down, she closed her eyes and her horn lit up, she steadied herself as her vision changed, she made a quick check of her surroundings before looking down the hole, it was now clear as day as she examined it, she delved deeper and soon found Lyaroa carrying what looked like a large metal crate, curious, Skitter attempted to examine the contents of the crate but she was confused to the reaction.

She found herself unable to see inside, some unknown force had repelled her from the crate, she decided that it was time to return to her body and did so.

Roxanne however was stuck waiting for the others as she laid back in the snow, she sighed and held her hand out in front of her face, she could barely make out the faded red in her fur amongst the snow and bleak sky. "Hey Lyaroa, can I ask you something?" She wondered.

Lyaroa's voice came in clearly. "Sure." She replied.

Roxanne set her hand back on the ground and sighed. "Just so I know, how long should me and Fang stay alive for anyway?" She asked.

Down in the tunnel, Lyaroa blinked and soon chuckled. "Believe it or not, but I may have made a mistake in my haste to construct new bodies, and I forgot to set a limit for you two." She replied evasively.

Roxanne groaned and closed her eyes. "Meaning we can't die of old age?" She asked.

Lyaroa whistled, and it echoed through the tunnel. "......Yep, unless you care to change it?" She wondered.

Skitter rolled her eyes and looked down the tunnel, still unable to see Lyaroa. "Don't bother.....because then I'll be stuck without anyone fun to talk to." She added.

Roxanne looked at Skitter with curiosity. "You're immortal?" She asked.

Skitter shrugged. "Probably......Changelings usually die within ten years unless it's a queen, and since I rejected that path, I honestly have no idea how long I'll be around." She replied.

____*ten minutes later*____

Lyaroa braced herself as she reached the surface, now all she had to do was made one last leap of faith and she would be home free, she gathered her strength and leaped up and grabbed the earth, but the metal crate weighed more than she thought as she barely made it and was slowly losing her grip. "Skitter!" She called out.

Lyaroa's grip on the earth faded and she started to fall, but she was relieved as a green aura enveloped her and the crate, she was lifted to the surface and she landed on the ground with a thump.

Skitter panted as she released her magic on the crate after setting it on the ground away from the hole, she fell back and her breathing became heavy.

Roxanne walked over to Lyaroa who simply looked up at her, she chuckled and held out a hand, which the sentinel gladly took. "You are one strange person." She said.

Lyaroa shrugged. "Can't deny that." She replied before walking to the crate.

Roxanne rolled her eyes and walked over to the crate, Skitter had gotten up and walked over as well. "So.....this thing is holding your body?" Skitter asked.

Lyaroa nodded and looked the crate over for a way to open it. "Yea.....without a doubt, I'm getting a powerful pull from this object, now all we need to do is open it." She replied.

Roxanne tapped the crate with her finger and looked at Lyaroa. "How do we know that your body isn't decomposed?" She wondered.

Lyaroa chuckled and flipped the crate, after the loud crash she looked at Roxanne. "Do you honestly think I would be stupid enough to make a body for myself that can decompose?" She asked as though she were insulted.

Skitter looked at the two and sighed and soon she noticed Lyaroa grin. "Found it!" The wolf stated.

Lyaroa had seen the opening, it was a lid but it was hard to make out, she gripped it and attempted to lift it, but it would not budge, so she attempted to slide it out....but it did not move. "Strange." She commented.

Roxanne scratched her head and gripped the lid, she tried pushing it but it would not budge, she blinked and shrugged. "So.....anyone get the feeling that there is some kind of magic at work here?" She asked.

Skitter nodded and carefully examined the crate, hoping to find something. "Well......it seems like there is a very peculiar magic at work here, or it's just the ice." She pointed out.

Roxanne groaned and ignited her hands in white flame, she then fired a stream of flames at the crate hoping to melt any possible ice.

Lyaroa and Skitter waited for a few moments before stopping Roxanne, Lyaroa then attempted to open the crate again, only for it to open slightly and a magical shockwave exploded from inside.

The shockwave caused a gust of wind to blow in all directions, hitting the small group dead on, Lyaroa grumbled as she fought against the wind. "I hate this place." She muttered.

Thankfully the wind did not last long, Roxanne sighed in relief at that fact, so she centered herself before walking back to the crate.

Lyaroa did something similar, but she had approached the crate before centering herself.

Skitter however had gotten the short end of the stick, as she had landed face first into a mound of snow, she pulled herself out and she wobbled around as she attempted to stop spinning.

Lyaroa sighed and continued opening the crate, she pulled off the rest of the lid and immediately braced in case of another wind storm.

Thankfully none came.....and Lyaroa was left looking like an idiot as Roxanne walked up. "What are you doing?" She asked.

Lyaroa opened her left eye and glanced at Roxanne, she soon chuckled and stood up. "Nothing." She replied evasively.

Skitter meanwhile had recovered from her sense of vertigo, she walked over to the others and looked at the crate. "So, what's inside?" She asked.

Lyaroa shrugged and tossed the metal lid over her shoulder carelessly, completely oblivious to the yelp that followed, she looked inside the crate and saw a large bundle wrapped up in cloth, she reached in and grabbed the bundle, immediately feeling a massive wave of power, she knew what she had found. "Well you two.....we did it." She said as she set the bundle on the ground and started to remove the cloth

Skitter and Roxanne watched as Lyaroa worked, but as they did, Roxanne got an uneasy feeling in her gut, she walked up to Lyaroa and put her hand on her shoulder as the wolf went to remove the final piece of cloth. "Hey.....maybe we should wait, you know.....reveal it back where it's warm?" She suggested.

Lyaroa looked back at Roxanne and stared at her with a questioning look for a few moments, she eventually sighed and picked up the bundle. "Alright......I waited a long time for this, I can wait a while longer." She said quietly before walking back to the castle.

Skitter walked up to Roxanne and looked at her with a confused look. "Roxie.....what was that about?" She asked with curiosity, but when she saw that the fox seemed down, she decided to leave her alone.

Roxanne began walking after Lyaroa, she walked slowly and the snow seemed to actually pile on her shoulders as she somberly walked.

Skitter blinked at the strange behavior of her friend, she sighed and transformed into Star before following the others. 'She might be thinking on what will happen to Firefly, she might even be considering all options, I guess I'll have to wait and see.' She thought to herself.

Lyaroa however was simply concerned with what was in the bundle, her thoughts completely on returning to her body.

____*later that day, Crystal castle.*____

Lyaroa sighed and set the bundle on the bed, she looked back at Roxanne and Skitter, she noticed that Roxanne had a down expression and sighed, she stood up and walked over to the fox. "Roxanne, are you alright?" She asked.

Roxanne looked at Lyaroa and sighed, she then leaned against the wall and closed her eyes. "I was just thinking that your body would take longer to find.......but we found it so easily, and now everything seems to be coming to an end." She replied quietly.

Lyaroa shook her head and put her hand on Roxanne's shoulder. "The truth Roxanne." She said calmly.

Roxanne opened her eyes and walked into the center of the room. "Fine." She relented, she then turned around and looked right at Lyaroa. "You want to know the truth?....sure, no problem what so ever." She said with agitation.

Skitter blinked and looked outside the room. "You know.....I'm going to keep an eye out, you two go ahead and talk." She then walked out of the room and closed the door before taking up watch outside the room.

Roxanne sighed and started pacing. "Alright......you know what my problem is?....it's the fact that I have no idea how much of my life was under my control, it's that I have absolutely no way of stopping any of these things from happening......and you." She stated.

Lyaroa blinked and took a deep breath. "Roxanne, the only thing I did to alter your life was bring you to Equestria and give you a new body, as for the second, I don't like to drastically alter the future or the past, so I couldn't tell you anything even if I wanted to.....as for the third, what exactly is your problem with me?" She asked.

Roxanne glared at Lyaroa and growled, her left hand formed a fist and trembled. "Do you even have to ask?.....you alter the lives of my friends, you take over my partners body, you act like you never did anything to us, you even lied to Spark......who sees you as his father, and you still ask what my problem is with you?......if you still don't get it, I'll simplify it for you, I. Hate. You." She declared angrily.

Lyaroa sighed and walked in front of Roxanne. "Alright, fine then......when I get back in my body, you can think of any punishment you see fit to hit me with, but until then, you'd only be hurting Fang." She replied calmly, her expression revealing no deception as she walked over to the bundle on the bed and tore some of the cloth off.

Roxanne growled but simply stormed out of the room instead of picking a fight. 'She may say that, but will she go through with it?' She wondered.

Skitter could only watch as an angry Roxanne stormed out of the room and headed downstairs, she blinked and chased off after her. 'What's with her?' She asked herself.

_____*meanwhile*_____

Lyaroa pulled the rest of the cloth off and closed the door with her magic, she then gazed down at the body before her, it was that of a white wolf with blood all over, a tail that was missing most of its fur and was cut all over, the legs were missing chunks of fur and were burnt along with bruises and cuts up and down, the arms were in basically the same condition as the legs, but they had far more burn marks, the chest was covered in bruises and cuts, burn marks littered the chest,

Lyaroa then looked at the head, which was the best off by a long shot, despite having been removed from the rest of the body and then reattached, the only notable injures to the head were missing patches of fur and part of the ear was missing, there was also blood right under the left eye, the eyes were thankfully closed and the nose didn't seem broken.

Lyaroa smiled softly and stood up, she then locked the door and sealed it with her magic, she then sat down in the nearby chair and closed her eyes, she began to channel an enormous amount of magic and soon lost herself in a trance.

____*ten minutes later, two minutes until the Crystal fair begins.*____

The dining room was quiet, with only two occupants, Roxanne and Skitter.

Roxanne grumbled as she paced around the dining room, she was getting sick of waiting, wanting nothing more then for the fair to start so she could forget about everything for the day.

Skitter however was busy wondering what Lyaroa was up to, she was getting curious as to why the room was sealed by unknown magic, but she concluded that the sentinel wanted privacy so she could return to her body without interruption.

Roxanne then stopped pacing and sat down in a chair, she looked at Skitter and she gained a curious expression. "Hey Skitter, why are you so interested in crystals?" She asked.

Skitter's train of thought was broken but she walked up and sat down near Roxanne. "Well......forgive me for answering a question with a question.....but did I ever tell you what kind of magic I use?" She wondered.

Roxanne shook her head. "Nope." She replied easily.

Skitter chuckled, she set her hoof on the table and closed her eyes, she took a deep breath and soon enough, her hoof was glowing a faint orange, she opened her eyes and they were now gray, she soon pulled her hoof back and revealed a small crystalline black cat, which began moving and looking around the room, Skitter looked at Roxanne and grinned. "I mostly summon familiars, but I sometimes use crystal magic, which is NOT the same as jewel magic, believe me." She explained. [1]

Roxanne smiled as ahe watched the cat move around. "It's nice." She replied.

Skitter nodded. "Yea, any species with magic can use this magic, but because of this, it's considered one of the 'weaker' kinds of magic, crystal magic is pretty much the same way.....funnily enough, they refuse to teach this magic in magic academy." She said with amusement.

Roxanne chuckled and looked at Skitter. "You think you could teach me?......I don't want to rely on fire forever." She asked.

Skitter grinned again and stood up. "Sure thing, it'll be nice to have another person who can use crystal magic and summon familiars, there aren't many anyway, besides, could be fun." She replied.

Roxanne stood up and walked to the door. "Alright then, might as well head to the fair, Lyaroa will most likely show up late." She said.

Skitter nodded. "Agreed." She replied.

Roxanne walked out of the room and headed to the entrance, with one thought on her mind. 'Here goes nothing.'

Author's Note:

[1] Yes, I am referring to the jewel magic from Fate/stay night.

Okay, so now Lyaroa has her body back along with some strange behavior.....and before you ask, no, I didn't rush the obtaining of Lyaroa's body, Skitter also finally revealed what kind of magic she uses, so that is a plus.

Roxanne however, she seems to be having some issues.......maybe I can do something about that?

Me: Anyway, I think I've covered most or all of the plot, and I think it's time for something less tense, what do you think?

Pinkie: Not my turn to decide, I'll wait and see.

Me and Pinkie: See you next time!

PreviousChapters Next