• Published 12th Apr 2015
  • 1,039 Views, 56 Comments

A New Tale In Equestria. - Sylif Daring Doo



After returning home with Fang and Roxanne, Gwen finds that she might lose her memories, but when she receives a letter from an old friend, her life will be changed forever.

  • ...
17
 56
 1,039

PreviousChapters Next
Last Spark of Hope, Part Four: The Break.

'One thing we wanted to avoid at the time was telling Lyaroa about the shadow creature, so we instead focused on getting through the next few areas, which turned out to be very interesting.'

_____*Back then.*______

Roxanne looked around the room, it was nothing special in terms of architecture, plain stone with small cracks in various places, the design however, in terms of placement were odd, there was a rusty iron gate on the opposite side of the room, across a spike pit, there were two levers off to the side that they could pull, as well as two levers on the other end of the spike pit.

Roxanne looked back at Lyaroa, who was still unconscious on Fang's back, it had been ten minutes now since Golden bound the shadow to the Sentinel, and it was concerning as she showed next to no signs of life, aside from light breathing, she sighed and looked at Golden.

"How long do you figure until she wakes up?" She asked.

Golden paced a little bit. "Not sure, the shadow possessing her was one thing, and then when I bound it to her it caused a lot of stress, with all of that, it would exhaust her just to stay in control, so I wouldn't pin any hopes on her right now." He replied.

Shade walked over to one of the levers and pulled it, the spikes on the floor slightly lowered. "For now, let's figure this out." He said.

Roxanne pulled the other lever and the spikes slowly retracted into the floor, however, spikes on the ceiling lowered quickly, and it seemed like they would reach the bottom just before the floor spikes.

Shade released the heavy lever and the spikes slowly returned to normal. "If we time it right, we can get three of us over.....or maybe two, if Lyaroa slow's Fang down." He said.

Fang carefully laid Lyaroa down on the floor, he then walked over to the edge of the spike wall. "Let's get this over with." He said as Golden approached.

Shade and Roxanne pulled the levers and the spikes lowered, it wasn't long before Fang and Golden hurried to the other side, it was a close call as Roxanne lost her grip on the lever and the spikes began rising.

Fang looked back at the others. "We're gonna lower the spikes." He said.

As Fang and Golden walked over to the levers, Roxanne picked Lyaroa up.....she was much heavier than she looked. "Fang, how the hell did you carry her?" She asked.

Fang thought on it for a moment, but could only appear perplexed. "I don't know, she isn't heavy." He said easily.

Roxanne grumbled as she slowly approached the spike wall, thankfully, Shade helped carry the unconscious Sentinel.

As Golden and Fang pulled the lever, they were surprised as the door opened but the wall didn't move. "What the hell?" Shade muttered.

Golden released the lever and the door closed at a decent rate, he sighed. "It seems this room was intended to split up any who came here as a group." He observed.

Fang kept his lever held down, he thought on the situation as the others discussed it, soon, he opened his eyes. "Pull the lever Golden, I'll go through and find us way to pass, it's better than sitting here." He said.

Golden gave Fang a curious glance but did not say anything, he instead pulled the lever and allowed Fang to do what he was going to do.

Fang waited until the door was completely open, he then slowed down time and rushed for the door, the lever was incredibly slow to raise, and the door was even slower to lower.

Fang made it to the other side of the door as time returned to normal.

Golden stroked his chin and looked at Roxanne and Shade. "We should be able to go somewhere once he does what he needs to do." He said.

Roxanne nodded. "Yea, we should be fine." She said as she suddenly fell down and heard stone slam against stone. "Fuck." She said blandly as she looked down to see a very long fall.

"Well Roxanne, this is a predicament." Shade commented.

At that exact moment, Lyaroa groaned. "What just happened?" She asked groggily.

Roxanne and Shade shared a glance before talking simultaneously. "We're falling down." They said.

Lyaroa's eyes shot open and she looked around, she then crossed her arms. "Typical." She muttered.

_____*meanwhile.*_____

Golden blinked, one second Roxanne, Shade and Lyaroa were all there, the next, they fell through the floor followed by a loud crash, and he had no way of telling what happened.

He looked around, and much to his dismay, there was nowhere for him to go, so he simply sat down and closed his eyes in meditation. 'Nothing to worry about.' He thought.

_____*The present.*_____

Lyaroa blinked and looked at Fang. "Hey, come here." She managed to say.

Fang moved a little closer and then raised an eyebrow as Lyaroa reached her hand out to him. "What are you doing?" He asked.

Lyaroa breathed a little. "I'm unlocking your memories, so you can know what happened while you were alone, and while you were with us." She answered somewhat shakily.

Fang hesitantly reached and took Lyaora's hand, almost immediately he felt his mind expand, as if he had absorbed years of knowledge. "Whoa." He mumbled as he pulled his hand back, he then saw something red and shiny out of the corner of his vision, but it vanished as he looked at it. "The hell?" He muttered.

_____*Fang's past.*______

Fang forged his way through the stone caverns, as he entered rooms, he found himself fighting more and more golems, but once he beat them all, a small puzzle revealed itself, when he completed it, the door opened.

Soon after he exited the rooms, he heard the door slam behind him, and the sound of stone grinding soon followed.

Fang continued to move on, but he stopped when he reached a particular room, there were no golems, a door was nearby, and it had a single lever, it also had a large glass wall, Fang walked over and looked through it, and saw the room Golden and the others were in, but it was only Golden for some reason. "Where are the others?" He whispered to himself.

He saw how Golden was calmly meditating in the room while the others were missing, did they go back?....or did something happen?

Either way, Fang had no way of going back for now, so he walked over to the lever and pulled it, it locked into place and the door opened, but the spikes did not lower, he sighed and continued through the caverns, hoping the others were alright.

_____*Golden's POV*_____

Golden opened his eyes as he heard a sound nearby, he looked around and saw the door opening, Golden stood. 'It may be a trap, but I don't have any other choice.' He walked through the door and it soon shut behind him.

He walked along the path which led him along a gauntlet of traps and golems, however, everything seemed to be in perfect condition, and there was no sign of Fang anywhere, which meant one of two things, either Fang went along a different route and the paths changed, or he found a way to avoid it all.....the former was much more likely than Fang learning stealth.

Golden destroyed the golems, and made it past the traps, but as he did so, he saw strange carvings on the walls, it seemed as though this was an ancient cavern, however, these carvings began making sense when he saw one particular figure carved the wall, it was a Pegasus mare with a rainbow mane and green eyes sitting with a white wolf. "Oh......so that's what these are, key moments throughout the planets history." He muttered.

He went back to the beginning of the carvings, the first was that of the planet forming piece by piece, for a while it was simple evolution until the white wolf encounters a tribe, and then it left the tribe and left to the woods, representing isolation, then it resurfaces again with two little fillies, one white, one dark blue. "The princesses?" He muttered.

The next carving was that of the white wolf in the background as the two fillies, now grown up, rule over their subjects, the next carving was more sinister as it depicted the sisters decapitating the wolf, Golden cringed from that one. "Bit overkill." He thought.

The next was that of the sisters flying off not noticing the head have streams of light going back to the body, then it was that of the wolf going through a sewer gate to hide from the world above.

The next was the one of the filly meeting the white wolf, but with an unknown stallion setting the wolf on fire, afterwards, the next was a carving of the wolf going through a portal while waving goodbye to the filly.

Then it showed a golden bear, slouched in a corner, then it showed Lyaroa's attempt to enter his mind, and then him vanishing, next, it showed Fang, standing away from the others in the old location, then it showed Roxanne for the first time, meeting Fang shortly after, then it showed Roxanne as the Mangle, as Fang watched.

The next was more odd, as the carving showed Gwen and Twilight in the library, a spell gone wrong, then Gwen vanishing only to appear at Freddy's.

It then went through the various events that transpired until Jandoka, it showed them facing off against him, but it showed Lyaroa NEAR Fang, not in his place, which was odd because that's how it happened, then it showed the Empire, which was most disturbing, it showed Lyaroa cutting the heads off of Equestrian soldiers, and then hanging them, other than gruesome, it was completely insane, the last one on the wall however was the strangest, it showed the white wolf, the golden bear, the white fox, the black and white wolf, and the night wolf all in one area, however, it showed Lyoara in the far back, Fang in the middle with Shade, Roxanne and Golden.

Golden was confused, but he couldn't understand what it meant, so he continued forward, hoping to find Fang or the others ahead.

_____*Roxanne, Shade and Lyaroa*_____

Lyaroa paced and rubbed her eyes and head. "So, who's bright idea was this?" She asked out of irritation.

Shade didn't say anything, instead, he looked around to try and find a way out, sadly they had landed a a jail of some kind, the walls were incredibly thick, and the bars wouldn't break off no matter how hard they tried.

Roxanne leaned up against a wall, she sighed and looked at Lyaroa. "Are you back to normal?" She wondered.

Lyaroa nodded and sat down, normally she would have destroyed the bars easily, but they were trying to remain covert. "Yea, I think that creature or whatever had gotten to me real badly." She answered.

Shade looked out of the cell and shook his head. "There's nothing out there, we might as well wait." He said.

Lyaroa opened her eyes and looked up, the ceiling had closed after they landed, of course, they were unconscious, but it was the best explanation for it, she looked at the bars and stood up. "Alright, let's get going." She said as she put her hands on some of the bars.

Shade watched as Lyaroa melted the bars and made them a path out, she then looked back at them with a grin. "Shall we kids?" She said happily.

Roxanne raised an eyebrow at those words. "You sure you're alright?" She asked.

Lyaroa nodded and left the cell. "Come on, let's explore!" She said cheerfully as she ran off.

Shade and Roxanne shared a concerned glance but followed Lyaroa to keep her out of trouble in her......curiosity.

Lyaora led the others through the jail and to the armory, they soon looked around in it, but what was concerning was the fact that Lyaroa was acting......childish, or just plain loopy.

"Say, Lyaroa, why the sudden personality change?" Shade asked.

Lyaroa shrugged. "Because I'm bored, and I feel like it, besides, I haven't been like this in thousands of years, and it's fun!" She replied happily.

Roxanne didn't find anything she felt like taking, Life and Death would be just fine for now, but as she went to leave, she found herself curious about something, so she looked back at Lyaroa, who seemed very keen on.....anything. "Hey, Lyaroa, I have a question for you." She started.

Lyaroa looked over at Roxanne curiously as she left the armory. "What is it?" She replied.

Roxanne walked with Roxanne as they walked around. "Your lesbian right?.....i'm asking because I know about your.....you know what, im not even going to finish that." She said.

Lyaroa put her arms behind her head. "Bisexual.....is that so wrong?" She asked. [1]

Roxanne blinked and kept walking. "Ah, ok then.....that explains a lot." She replied.

Shade decided to keep to himself, so he didn't pay attention as the others talked about whatever. "Hey Shade." Lyaroa said.

Shade looked at the Sentinel. "Yea?" He asked.

Lyaroa began walking backwards. "What's your world like?.....industrial, steampunk, futuristic, modern?" She asked.

Shade scratched the back of his head, he honestly didn't expect THAT kind of question. "I would have to say between modern and futuristic." He answered.

_____*Fang's POV*_____

Fang fought his way through the fortress like area, he had to fight through swarms of little golems before facing full on constructs, which were by far more annoying than the golems, he had to deal with rock throwing golems, and shield wielding constructs guarding them.

He was able to just punch them and they actually took incredible damage from it, which was surprising as Fang could barely hurt the construct from before.

So as Fang fought his way through, he couldn't help but notice something, it was a large entryway at the end of the fortress, but as Fang approached it after destroying the rest of the golems and constructs, he watched as a giant construct approached from the entryway, accompanied by four rock throwers and two shield wielders.

Fang braced himself for combat, he then charged the entourage of golems, hoping to destroy them before they became a nuisance, however, Fang needed to kill the shield wielders first as they threw a magical shield on the others, and could teleport the golems a short distance.

Fang assaulted one of the shield wielders, he threw a punch at the center, one at the shield, and one to the head, however, he had to back off as the large construct swung a huge battle axe at him, Fang jumped away and the axe collided with one of the shield wielders, destroying it easily.

Fang quickly rushed to the second shield wielder, he threw a powerful punch at the shield, forcing it to recoil from the force, next, he leapt up and threw a barrage of attacks onto the constructs head and torso, and when Fang struck his final blow, the punch went straight through the head.

Fang jumped away as the large construct swung it axe at him in a sweeping arc, it then charged, swinging all the way, Fang was lucky to be alive, as one of the rock throwers hit him and his head almost collided with the axe.

As Fang charged he also felt large shakes in the earth, and they were getting closer, he looked back and saw the large construct, which was much more active now.

Fang didn't have time to attack the golems, but he saw the construct raise its axe, he waited for opportune moment, and then jumped out of the way.

The constructs axe swung and took out all four golems at once, Fang grinned, it was only the one to go, but his grin quickly faded as he saw what the construct did next.

The rubble and parts from the other constructs and golems flew to the large one, it all began fusing with the big one, soon enough, the construct gained a shield and armor, but what happened next was more concerning then anything, the construct seemed to shrink, it's armor and weapons compacted and it was soon Fang's height, he braced himself as the construct soon charged at him, much faster than before, Fang just barely dodged and was unable to fight back as the new construct fought fiercely.

At first, it seemed as though the construct had no weakness, and that its form was perfect, however, Fang noticed one small thing when he attempted a counterattack, when the construct backhanded him away, Fang noticed that the left arm was loose as one of the golem pieces didn't fit in correctly.

Fang decided to do a risky attack, he charged the construct and as it went to strike him, Fang quickly fell to the ground then quickly flung himself back up and at the construct, his strike came in the form of a headbutt and the constructs arm soon fell of, with only one arm, the construct seemed much more manageable, so Fang wasn't surprised as when he assaulted the construct, it quickly fell apart and died.

After making sure it was dead, Fang continued through the entryway, and into the next area.

_____*Lyaroa, Roxanne and Shade.*_____

The trio exited the building and found themselves I'n a prehistoric village of some kind, the buildings were all made out of hard stone, and they had no windows save the iron bars, every building looked alike, except the one they came out of.
Roxanne examined the area and blinked. "Hey, Lyaroa, you know anything about this place?" She asked.

Lyaroa looked around and she soon sighed, she seemed to have lost her energy. "Yea, I know this place......this was the village I told you about back at the Crystal Empire, I didn't think it was still standing after all of this time." She said somberly.

Shade walked up to Roxaanne and lowered his voice. "Roxanne, I think now would be the best time for a talk, there isn't anything nearby." He whispered.

Roxanne looked at the night wolf. "Shade, this village was her first home on Equis, now is a bad time." She said before beginning to walk to Lyaroa.

Shade grabbed Roxanne's arm and looked at her. "Hear me out?" He asked.

Roxanne nodded after Shade released her arm.

Shade looked around. "Think about it this way Roxanne, what other chance are we going to have to tell her?" He wondered. "She needs to know before something happens that MAKES her realize it." He suggested.

Roxanne fell silent, listing to Shade talk, as he did, it slowly began making sense.

Lyaroa was walking around the village, she eventually found an all too familiar arch, she wordlessly walked to it and looked around, there were many tombstones, but one name was written quite clearly on the one, in a language far beyond understanding. "Ankip.....its been a long time my friend." She said quietly in the ancient tongue.

Lyaroa could see Ankip's web of life all in and on his grave, they tended to do that, they would be all over the place while they were alive, but would form around the body upon death, his life was short for his race, but she wouldn't change it at all, she sighed and rubbed her eyes before walking over to the others.

Shade looked at Lyaroa. "You alright?....you look drained." He asked.

Lyaroa nodded. "We should leave, I don't want to be here longer than necessary." She replied quietly before walking away.

Roxanne and Shade shared a look after that, she sighed. "Lyaroa, we need to talk." She said.

Lyaroa stopped and listened as Roxanne talked. "I know that you don't want to talk right now, but this is important.....do you remember the shadow creature?" She wondered.

A slow nod was the reply. "What about it?.....it's dead." She said simply.

Roxanne clutched her right arm and took a quick breath, she then looked at Lyaroa. "No it isn't." She replied.

Lyaroa's head raised slightly. "Where is it?" She asked.

Shade turned and faced Lyaroa. "It's inside you, bound to your soul." He answered.

Lyaroa looked back at Roxanne and Shade, her teal eyes screamed anger as the blood red sclera glowed. "What?" She said, her voice eerily quiet.

Roxanne and Shade both backed up as they felt the Sentinel's anger surge over them, the ground itself shook and steamed, as though it were on fire. "The creature possessed you, and the only way we could have stopped it was to bind it until we could safely remove it." Shade explained.

Lyaroa's teal eyes shined and the ground erupted around the three of them, she turned around entirely and faced the two. "There's a creature that drove me insane and then tried, AND almost SUCCEEDED to kill me!....and you wait till NOW TO TELL ME!" She roared out of anger, and whatever remained of the ancient village crumbled into dust.

Lyaroa's roar also let out a shockwave that threatened to throw Roxanne and Shade away, but they managed to hold their ground.

Shade looked at the angered Sentinel, she had sent Soul and Spirit away, and had a glare that could kill, however, Shade also noticed a small amount of shadow flowing from her body. "Lyaroa, look, I know your pissed off, but don't you think that this is a bit reckless?" He asked as Lyaroa slowly walked towards him. "I-i-i mean, weren't we supposed to keep a low profile?" He nervously reminded.

Lyaroa opened her left hand, revealing the claws. "I think I can make this quick enough." She said calmly.

Roxanne stepped between Shade and Lyaroa as she braced herself. "Lyaroa, I don't want to fight you, and we both know that it would be impossible for me to fight you on even ground, but I won't just LET you kill us." She stated firmly.

Lyaroa chuckled and the shadows dispersed. "I'm not gonna kill you, I'll just beat the living shit out of you." She replied easily.

Roxanne braced herself for a fight, but was caught off guard as an attack came from behind, even as Lyaroa stood there calmly, she flew off to the side.

Shade watched as Roxanne was easily thrown aside by an unseen force, he growled and threw a disintegration blast at Lyaroa, who casually waved it aside.

Lyaroa then vanished, and reappeared right in front of Shade with a smirk, she kicked him in the gut and sent him flying. "You were right Roxanne, you can't beat a Sentinel in combat, especially when they are pissed off." She said as Roxanne stood back up.

Roxanne wiped her lip and saw blood on her palm, she was curious, but it could wait. "Fine then." She muttered before charging at Lyaroa.

In response, the Sentinel turned to face the former animatronic, and when Roxanne reached and began fighting, Lyaroa held back.......a little.

Shade held his stomach as he sat up, still dizzy from that kick. 'Ok, bad idea, tell her immediately next time.' He thought as he stood up, only to fall back down.

Roxanne threw a punch and hit Lyaroa's cheek, the only thing that happened was feeling the bones in her fist shatter and seeing Lyaroa's all knowing and confident smirk. "Is that your best shot?" Lyaroa asked mockingly as Roxanne stood there frozen in shock and pain.

Lyaroa grabbed Roxanne's arm. "Now let me show you one of my favorite attacks." She grinned and threw Roxanne away, she heard a quiet hum next to her and looked to her left, her eyes widened.

Shade stood there next to Lyaroa, he slammed a disintegration bomb on Lyaroa and it exploded, he was tossed aside, but he chuckled. "No way she didn't feel that." He said confidently.

Shade's confidence went out the window however as Lyaroa stood there unaffected, she had her arms crossed and was looking at him in disappointment. "What a shame, I would think that would do more." She said with a sigh.

Lyaroa turned her attention to Roxanne and blinked. "Where were we?" She wondered. "Oh yea, I remember." She stood straight and put her hands together in front of her, energy could be seen as she built it up, it was so powerful, holes in the earth appeared everywhere.

Roxanne attempted to get up, but found herself unable to do so because of strange runes on her legs.

Lyaroa continued to charge up energy, and very soon, lightning began to crackle in the air around her, she chuckled she readied to fire.

Shade growled again, he didn't like this feeling, he knew he couldn't do anything to stop the Sentinel, nor could he save Roxanne in time with his injuries, he clutched his side and fell to the ground, he winced in pain and held his hand out in front of him, seeing to blood on it, he closed his eyes and pounded the ground. 'You know, most people would crumble under dangerous circumstances.' Said a familiar voice.

Shade's eyes shot open, he remembered those words. "Sonya?" He asked quietly.

'But I know you better than that, and I didn't go through everything we did, just to watch you give up, so......what's it going to be Shade?' Said the memory.

Shade clenched his fists and forced himself to stand, if nothing else, he wouldn't die like a coward, but as he began to move, he realized something, and came up with a plan.

Roxanne watched in horror as Lyaroa prepared her attack, she couldn't move, and now her arms were covered in those runes, rendering her almost defenseless, she could see the hatred in the Sentinel's eyes, and was petrified by that stare.

Lyaroa bared her teeth and blinked and as she went to fire, she saw Shade get between her and Roxanne. "Another attempt at being a hero?.....you know you can't kill me, and I can bat you aside like a rat." She said calmly.

Shade smirked and put his right hand on his wound. "You know, if been wondering." He was oddly calm now, which Lyaroa found interesting.

"Would you really kill us for something like this?.....or are you testing us?" Shade wondered.

Lyaroa sighed and powered down her attack. "Ok, enlighten me with your theory." She said.

Shade looked back at Roxanne and then at Lyaroa. "You know what I think?.....I think you've known about the shadow creature all along, and that you didn't know why we weren't talking, your anger?.....you wanted to test us, see how we would handle it, am I close?" He asked.

Lyaroa chuckled and removed the runes on Roxanne. "I knew the moment I woke up during the fall, the shadow creature was talking to me the entire time, telling me how you were betraying me for power and such." She shook her head. "I know better than that, after all, I did make this world, or universe as you would call it." She grinned and held her hand up.

Roxanne immediately felt all pain and fatigue leave her, she looked at Shade and his wounds healed. "How come you didn't tell me?" Lyaroa asked as Roxanne stood.

Shade crossed his arms. "We were afraid of what you would say." He answered simply.

Lyaroa rolled her eyes and started moving. "Come on, let's get out of here." She said.

_____*Golden's POV*_____

Golden didn't know what to do, one second he was leaving a room, the next the entire ground felt like it was shaking, he was lucky not to be crushed by falling pillars.

Now he was making his way through yet another gauntlet of enemies, he had to deal with various golems and even some zombies, which was weird and nostalgic for him, they gave him little trouble aside from numbers.

Golden finally reached a giant dome room, there was an exit on the other side, but there was a device in the center, he approached it and quickly realized what the device and the room were, he used the device by turning the discs it had, he looked at the walls and saw the planets star and moon moving, it then suddenly came to a stop as the moon refused to moved, at first Golden thought it was broken, but he then remembered the tale of Nightmare Moon. "I doubt there's anything for me here." Golden muttered.

Before Golden left he turned to discs to a random time, he was about to exit the room when he noticed something odd, he looked back. "Where's the sky?" He wondered.

Golden looked around, but couldn't find the sky, he approached the device again, this time, he set it back a little, and then he saw the sky, but if he turned it just right, the sky disappeared, he looked at the date, but it was burnt off by something, he sighed and decided to continue on.

The next room was different, as it was an empty room but with pedestals with books on them, curious, Golden decided to check it out.

Golden approached one of the books and read the cover, it was The Sentinel, Golden shook his head and looked at the rest, eventually, he stopped at the last book. "Equestria's death?" He wondered quietly.

Golden opened the book and read through it, it was a complete and detailed explanation of someone's vision from one thousand years ago, who saw the world turn to dust, it said that on a quiet night, the one of power would die, and the immortal one's curse, would be lifted, allowing the world to fall into destruction, the rest was of similar talk, except a magical note at the end, Golden read it. "I have foreseen this my brothers, just like our founder and the ones who followed, the immortal one will die, because of the one she trusts, and if she does not, it will be too late regardless, have faith brothers, our destiny is finally at hand." It read.

Golden closed the book and walked off, he didn't know what to make of this, but he was sure that it was linked to whatever happened here. 'I have to figure this out.' He told himself.

_____*Fang's POV*_____

Fang finally managed to take a break from fighting, he made it to the core of the fortress, and destroyed whatever it was that made the golems and constructs, and now he had a break, he sat down on a bench in a temple like room, he sighed to himself as his arms and legs rested.

'I can't wait too long, I have to find the others.' He told himself.

Soon, he stood up, and made his way through the now quiet fortress, eventually making it to a large door, he looked it over and went to open it, only to find it was locked, he sighed and kicked its handle, breaking it entirely, he was now able to pass.

As Fang entered the next area, he found himself in a dungeon styled structure, he walked through it and it gradually got darker, he eventually found a lantern and some oil, he took the lantern and filled it, he then set off with his light source down the dark hallways. "Let's see where this goes." He said to himself.

_____*Lyaroa and the others*______

The trio found themselves in quite the predicament, they were in a warzone of sorts, two sides were fighting eachother, but they were both golems, some threw rocks, some charged, some ambushed, and some guarded, it was a never ending stalemate as neither side could get an advantage.

They then decided to end it themselves, they looked around and eventually found where the golems were coming from, two strange statues the pulses with energy, causing golems to be summoned around it.

The trio began fighting their way through the golems, they cut a path straight to one of the spawning statues, and once they reached Lyaroa summoned Spirit, and destroyed the statue.

They now faced a bigger challenge, while the golems were weak, they now all worked together to attack the trio, still, even with the newfound numbers and coordination, they still fell to the onslaught that the three unleashed.

And soon enough, they destroyed the second statue, and then the rest of the golems followed. "You guys should take a breather." Said the familiar voice of Soul as she was summoned.

Shade raised an eyebrow. "How come?" He asked.

Spirit appeared next. "Because, since that village, you went through seven different areas, and you can't keep having Lyaroa restore you." He answered.

Roxanne chuckled. "He is correct." Said Life as he appeared.

Death showed up in a grumpy mood. "Look, I hate agreeing with the hippy, but he's right, besides, golems don't feed me at all." She said grumpily.

Roxanne closed her eyes as she sat next to a wall. "I'm fine with it, we won't be any good to anyone exhausted." She said as she did what she could to make herself comfortable.

Life channeled his power, and in place of the stone, soft dirt appeared. "This should make it easier to get some rest." He said before vanishing.

Roxanne set her blades next to her and Death held up two fingers. "Peace out." She said before vanishing.

As Roxanne closed her eyes to get some rest, Shade looked at Lyaroa. "Hey, are you doing alright?" He asked.

Lyaroa nodded. "I'll be fine, I got enough sleep from before, go ahead and rest, I'll keep and eye out." She said as Soul and Spirt vanished.

Shade gave Lyaroa a cautious glare, but relented, he got comfortable where he could, and closed his eyes.

_____*a few hours later*____

Lyaroa walked back to her companions, she had done a little patrolling, and had cleared a few rooms up ahead, just to pass the time, only when she got back, she saw that the two were fast asleep, Shade was unconscious in the dirt, while Roxanne was up against the wall, resting on what was now dirt from stone.

Lyaroa smiled, she walked over to Roxanne and knelt down, she noticed a bruise on her shoulder and she healed it. "I'm sorry, I hope you understand that Roxie." She said as she rested her hand on the fox's shoulder before getting up and sitting down on a nearby rock.

She looked at Shade, and thought of something. 'I don't really know him that well, so why did I bring him?....if he dies here, I'll never forgive myself so why did I do it?' She wondered out of curiosity.

Normally, she would search a persons memories, and know everything about them, but these were people she liked, and she wouldn't do that unless she had no choice, she chuckled. "Good night you little shits." She said quietly but jokingly.

Author's Note:

[1] To those who don't know, a Bisexual is a person who is attracted to others of the same and opposite sex. aka, males and females.

PreviousChapters Next