• Published 12th Apr 2015
  • 1,038 Views, 56 Comments

A New Tale In Equestria. - Sylif Daring Doo



After returning home with Fang and Roxanne, Gwen finds that she might lose her memories, but when she receives a letter from an old friend, her life will be changed forever.

  • ...
17
 56
 1,038

PreviousChapters Next
The tale of Gwen and Derpy, Healing the broken bond, A night in silence.

____*that same day, Gwen's house, 9:19 AM*____

Gwen opened her eyes and blinked, she sat up and rubbed her eyes as she lifelessly made her way to the bathroom.

After she reached the bathroom, she was annoyed to find that someone was inside, she waited for it to become available and Firefly came out, Gwen then shook her head. "Uh uh." She said as she made her way to the downstairs bathroom.

_____*after Gwen finished in the bathroom.*_____

Gwen walked into the kitchen and found that Fang had started on breakfast, she also noticed that Skitter was not here while everyone else was. "Anybody know where Skitter is at?" She asked.

Roxanne shrugged. "She might be in her room." She said.

"Well if she is, someone go up there and wake her up, tell her that breakfast is almost done." Fang said.

Spark then got up and stretched. "I'll do it." He said as he headed for the stairs.

Gwen rubbed her eyes and looked at Roxanne. "So how have you been doing lately?" She asked.

Roxanne rested her arm on the table. "Guy I'm working for is a jerk, but the pay is good, still looking for a better job though." She replied.

It wasn't long however, before Spark came back down the stairs, he was holding his head like he had a migraine from hell and was followed by a highly annoyed changeling. "Can't a girl meditate in this madhouse?" Skitter complained.

Spark winced as he sat down at the table. "How was I supposed to know that knocking on the door would make you fall down?" He said.

Skitter sighed and sat down. "Wuo mep." She complained In Changish.

After that, Fang served breakfast to everyone, and sat down himself.

____*later that day, Derpy's house, 12:00 PM.*____

Derpy sighed as she paced back and forth through her living room. 'You know, if you keep doing that, I'll need to stop you.' Golden said.

"Not in the mood." Derpy said.

She heard Golden's mechanical sigh. 'If you want to patch things up with Gwen, you might actually want to try talking to her.' He pointed out.

Derpy stopped for a moment then bit her lip. "And what would I say?" She wondered.

'Figure it out, it's not my relationship that's on the line here.' He replied calmly.

Derpy then sighed and walked over to the front door to leave the house, but just as she reached for the handle, a knock came at the door, she then opened the door and Gwen was on the other side. "Oh.....hey." She said quietly.

Gwen nodded. "Hey." She replied.

Golden groaned as the two stood in silence. 'Invite her in damnit!' He shouted.

Derpy cleared her throat. "Would you um.....like to come in?" She asked.

Gwen then entered the house and looked around as Derpy closed the door. "I uh, I came over to see how you were doing.....we haven't talked much in a while." She said.

Derpy looked away. "Yea, that's probably my fault." She replied.

Golden facepalmed before materializing a couch to sit in. 'How did I get stuck with the job of counselor?.....don't be timid, just talk!' He shouted.

Derpy rubbed her head. "Golden, stay out of this, and stop shouting." She muttered before looking at Gwen. "I hope you understand why I was angry." She said.

Gwen nodded. "You have good reason to be mad, I did just up and leave after all......but like I said, I'm staying next time something happens." She replied.

Derpy looked at Gwen. "I'm holding you to that, but if the next danger needs the Element of Loyalty, I can't stop you." She said as she started pacing.

"Um.....Ditzy, there is something I need to tell you." Gwen said.

Derpy gave Gwen a curious stare. "What is it?" She wondered.

Gwen sighed and walked over to the couch. "You might want to sit down, this'll take a while." She said.

Derpy sat down in a chair and listened as Gwen started talking. "It started when we left for the Crystal Empire, we had just arrived and left the train when we soon ran into Shining Armor, Twilight's brother."

____*thirty minutes later.*____

Derpy blinked as Gwen finished her tale, she crossed her hooves and talked to Golden. "So Golden, what do you think?" She asked.

Golden paced around the area he was in, he then looked out the eye towards Gwen. "She isn't lying, that much is obvious, but as for Lyaroa, I just can't believe I didn't notice!" He complained.

Derpy looked at Gwen. "So, what now?....between us that is?" She paused for a second. "What do YOU think we should do?" She added.

Gwen rubbed her eyes and stood up slowly. "All I can say to do is just try to move on, but that doesn't feel right for some reason." She replied.

Derpy stood up and stretched a little. "Right now, I think that's what we need, it'll be better than what we're doing now." She argued.

Gwen sighed and then reluctantly nodded. "Alright, if you think it'll help, I'll go along with it." She relented.

____*later that day, Ponyville Park, 7:23 PM*____

Derpy walked with Gwen through the park, there was a strange feeling of peace at night here, the wind was still and the air was cold.

As they walked they did not speak, as it would ruin the peaceful silence, it wasn't four minutes later until one of them spoke. "Hey, Gwen, I uh.......have something to ask you." Derpy said.

Gwen looked at her marefriend curiously. "What is it?"

Derpy looked at at the night sky and then at Gwen. "Would you like to uh.....spend the night, like old times?" She asked nervously.

Gwen smiled and extended her left wing over Derpy's back. "Yea, that'd be a welcome change of pace." She answered.

Derpy smiled back and extended her right wing over Gwen's back. "Thanks Gwen."

At that moment, the night was perfect for the two mares, even if it was only for a moment, not even Golden was willing to ruin this moment.

_____*the next day, Derpy's house, 9:12 PM*_____

Gwen opened her eyes and felt something wrapped around her chest, she looked groggily and saw a pair of gray hooves, she smiled and laid her head back down.

Soon enough she heard a voice. "Morning Gwen." Derpy said quietly but groggily.

"Morning Ditzy." Gwen replied.

The two mares laid there in silence for a few minutes before reluctantly getting up and heading for the bathroom.....seperately.

____*Twenty minutes after the two mares woke up, the dining room*____

Gwen waited at the table irritably, Derpy had firmly told her to wait on breakfast, Gwen put her elbow on the table and glanced over at Dinky, who seemed to be mimicking her. "Can I help you?" She asked.

Dinky blinked at Gwen. "Are you and mommy getting back together?" She asked curiously.

Gwen sighed and went back to waiting. "We're working on it." She told the girl.

Dinky went to talk again but was interrupted by Derpy and Sparkler showing up with breakfast.

As Derpy passed out everyone's breakfast, Sparkler looked at Gwen with curiosity just as she took a drink of water. "So.....did you and my mom sleep together last night?" She asked.

Gwen immediately spit out all of the water, thankfully, it didn't hit the table.

Derpy looked at her daughter in shock, she was about to ask her where she got that idea when Golden burst out laughing, answering her question for her. "ANYWAY.....let's eat." She said, dismissing the situation. 'We are going to talk later Golden.' She warned.

Gwen nodded and started eating.

Sparkler looked between her mother and Gwen curiously. "What?"

Dinky looked around in confusion. "Did I miss something?" She asked.

Gwen and Derpy both answered. "No." They said in sync.

After that, the four ate quietly, but during and even after breakfast, when the kids got ready for school and even when Derpy and Gwen walked them to it, Gwen had a thoughtful look on her face, but it went away as they approached the school and dropped the kids off. 'Well, Derpy was right about one thing, this is a lot better than before.' Gwen thought to herself.

Author's Note:

This chapter might be a bit short.

Apologies.

Edit: Ok, to those of you who read the previously released version, you will notice that this version is longer.....this is because i didn't realize that all of my finished progress didn't save.....it sucks.

PreviousChapters Next