• Published 12th Apr 2015
  • 1,039 Views, 56 Comments

A New Tale In Equestria. - Sylif Daring Doo



After returning home with Fang and Roxanne, Gwen finds that she might lose her memories, but when she receives a letter from an old friend, her life will be changed forever.

  • ...
17
 56
 1,039

PreviousChapters Next
The tale of Lyaroa, An interesting couple of days.

Author's Note:

I want to say something before you read the chapter, I have reached the dreaded 'filler' part of the story, where i basically try and pass time, not much plot will unfold but it's high time I did this, anyway, each filler will focus on a specific character or characters depending on the situation.

Thanks for reading this message, back to the story.

Ps. Possible spoilers for early season three involved.

____*one week later, Ponyville town square, 12:00 AM*____

Lyaroa grumbled as she sat on the bench, she flipped an old bronze coin, she caught the coin and put it on the back of her hand, tails, she sighed and flipped the coin again.

At the moment, she was waiting on the previous owner of the house to show up and give her the key, she had met with him two days ago, and they had come to an agreement on the price, afterwards, the house was hers, but she wanted to have the key ahead of time, she didn't have to buy a bookshelf for her room thankfully, as the old owner didn't want it.

Lyaroa continued to flip her coin and it continued to land on tails, only landing on heads twice out of eleven, but as she flipped the coin again, it was snatched by a familiar hand, she chuckled and looked up. "Hey Roxie, what's up?" She asked.

Roxanne shrugged and sat down next to the Sentinel. "Not much really, I was just walking and I spotted you." She replied as she gave Lyaroa her coin back.

Lyaroa took the coin and sighed, she then looked at Roxanne. "I wanted to ask you something."

Roxanne crossed her arms and leaned back. "What is it?" She wondered.

Lyaroa scratched behind her ear. "You wanna go out for coffee sometime?......assuming they still HAVE coffee." She asked.

Roxanne raised an eyebrow at the question. "Where is this coming from?"

Lyaroa laughed nervously and looked down. "We haven't really had a chance to talk, and something I realized is that every time I talk to someone, it's like an interrogation, I would like to have what counts as a 'normal' conversation." She answered.

Roxanne closed her eyes in thought for a moment before letting a small smile out as she opened her eyes. "Why not?.....it'll be a nice change of pace." She replied.

Lyaroa nodded and continued flipping the coin as Roxanne stood up and left.

____*one hour later, outside Lyaroa's house.*____

Lyaroa walked up to the door of the building, the outside walls of the house were a deep brown in color, the door was the same color only slightly brighter.

She pulled out the key and put it into the lock, she turned the key and heard a click, she then opened the door and headed inside.

Lyaroa closed the door and locked it, she then got a good grasp of the inside decor, it was completely bare save for soothing tan walls and simple gray carpet, she grinned and walked forward into the center of the room. "Ahh, just how I like it." She then fell backwards to the floor and let out a content sigh.

It wasn't until a few moments later that Lyaroa opened her eyes and looked around. "I guess I need to get some furniture in case of visitors." She sat up and rubbed her eyes. "It was nice while it lasted though." She blinked and there was suddenly furniture neatly placed in the corner of the room.

Lyaroa stood up and stretched. "I hate decorating." She muttered as she walked over to the furniture to begin getting everything set up.

____*thirty minutes later.*____

Lyaroa walked into the living room and plopped down on the sofa, she grumbled at the growing numbness in her arm muscles. "If someone comes to the door today, I am going to do something stupid to get rid of them." She said aloud.

It was ten minutes before Lyaroa grew tired of the silence, she then snapped her fingers in laziness and her headphones appeared over her ears along with her music player.

However, before she could turn it on and listen to the music, a knock came at the door, Lyaroa, opened her eyes and they screamed frustration, she sat up and unplugged her headphones and quickly found a song, she raised the volume to max and played the song.

After the song finished, the knocking stopped, only to be replaced by a voice. "Lyaroa, I know that was you, now come on, I think you need to see this." Said the familiar voice of Skitter.

Lyaroa sighed and lowered the volume on her player, she then walked to the door as she plugged her headphones back in, after she reached the door she opened it to reveal a soaked Skitter. "Do I even want to know?" She asked.

Skitter shook her head. "No, you don't, but look around." She gestured outside to the......dozens of Pinkie Pie's?

Lyaroa blinked. "What the fuck?" She mouthed as she watched the spectacle.

Skitter shrugged. "Figured this would be right up your alley, with the world breaking and all." She explained.

Lyaroa's expression of confusion turned to one of amusement as she walked outside. "Well, this isn't my concern, seeing as it's actually of something from this world, but this? this is just.....neat." She said with a grin.

Skitter raised an eyebrow as Lyaroa started walking to the town, where the Pinkie's seemed the most active. "How is this neat?" She wondered.

Lyaroa chuckled as she walked. "It's amusing watching them cause chaos, and I didn't even have to do anything for it." She raised her hand up and it was high fived by one of the Pinkie's.

Skitter sighed. "Why me?" She wondered quietly.

_____*later that day.*_____

Lyaroa blinked. "That's your plan?.....seriously?" She asked in disbelief.

Twilight nodded. "Yes, it can't fail." She replied calmly.

Lyaroa sighed and rubbed her eyes, the idea to gather all of the Pinkie's in one place and have them stare at a wall was ridiculous enough, but vaporizing them for losing concentration for even a second was ludicrous. "And if you end up hitting the original?" She wondered.

Twilight went to speak but then thought on it for a moment, but just as she went to speak again, the Pinkie's showed up. "I guess we will find out." She muttered.

After that, Lyaroa mostly zoned out, not willing to watch the stupidity of the situation any further, she put her headphones on and resolved to simply listen to music.

'Such a shame.' She thought.

_____*a few days later, Lyaroa's house, 11:36 AM*_____

Lyaroa opened her eyes and sighed, it was days like this that she wished she had the mortal impulse to stay in bed, but that would be an even bigger weakness than actually sleeping. "I hate mornings." Obviously, she was nocturnal.

Lyaroa got out of the bed and stretched, she then walked out of the room and headed downstairs, she had recently put the finishing touches on the house, thankfully there wasn't any rent or mortgage to pay, and she recently cut off her water utilities, not she needed them, but she did put in an unending water supply in so she didn't have to worry anyway. 'Why pay for water when I can get it just as good for free?' She chuckled and walked into the kitchen.

Much like her water utility, she didn't need gas or electricity, which was little more than lighting in this world, she cut off the gas and installed her own infinite source.

Lyaroa pulled out a few eggs and a large white bowl, she then broke the eggs open and got the yolk out, she threw the shells away and began to mix, she then looked to her left and reached her hand over. "What is this? a cooking show?.....switch scenes already!" She snapped.

_____*a few hours later, 2:06 PM*_____

Lyaroa stared at a blank space on the shelf in the living room, she crossed her arms and closed her eyes, thinking on it for a moment before talking. "You have any ideas buddy?"

Soul then showed up near Lyaroa and leapt forward randomly. "Spaaaaaaaaace!" She shouted before vanishing.

Lyaroa opened her eyes and nodded in approval. "I agree." She snapped her fingers and a round white mechanical core with an orange eye showed up on the shelf. "Space, space, got to see it all, space." It rambled.

"I like it." Lyaroa said before realizing something. "Hmm, you need a buddy, one sec." She then reached her hand out to the right and pulled an identical core but with a cracked blue eye out of nowhere. "Aaahh!" It exclaimed in shock, clearly british.

Lyaroa then put the other core next to the other one. "Perfect." She said.

The blue eyed core then noticed the Orange one. "Oh perfect, just what I wanted, I get five seconds alone and then I'm back with this guy." It complained.

Lyaroa sighed and walked to the front door, deciding to let the core vent its frustration for a while.

_____*a few hours later*_____

Lyaroa was walking when she noticed something odd, she spotted the crusaders trying to hide from someone, curious, she walked over to them. "Hey you three, what's wrong?" She wondered.

"Hey Lyaroa." Sweetie Belle said.

The crusaders peeked around the corner and then responded. "We're playing.....hide and seek." Scootaloo whispered.

Apple Bloom nodded. "Yea, that's it." She added.

Lyaroa rubbed her eyes. "You know, hide and seek is better when you hide in DIFFERENT spots, so what's up?" She questioned.

The three crusaders quickly convened and then looked up at her. "Can you PLEASE promise not to tell anyone?" Sweetie Belle asked.

Lyaroa sighed and nodded. "What is it?" She asked.

Apple Bloom leaned in and spoke. "We're hiding from mah cousin Babs Seed, she just started picking on us with Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon." She said.

Lyaroa blinked and shook her head. "Ugh.....I had to ask, look, I'm not telling you what to do, but either confront her alone, or deal with it until she leaves you alone." She suggested before walking away.

____*a while later, during the parade or whatever it was.*____

Lyaroa watched as the floats went by, it wasn't until she saw the giant gold Apple and the crusaders mischievous faces that she was certain that nothing would happen, she sighed and prepared to act should she be forced to do so.

As the float went by, Lyaroa glanced over and saw that the crusaders now had faces of guilt, she sighed as realization hit her when she saw Babs driving the float.

Lyaroa started walking through the crowd to head the float off, which sounded pretty damn stupid.

As she was walking, Lyaroa noticed that Babs had suddenly lost control of the float, she shook her head and channeled a bit of magic.

Just as the float went out of control and speed off down the hill, Lyaroa seized the entire thing in her magic, even Babs, who she teleported out of it.

____*a few moments later.*____

As the recent events cooled off, Lyaroa walked up to Applejack with a curious question. "Who's idea was it to hold a parade going downhill?" She wondered.

Applejack shrugged. "It's been held here for a while now, I'm not sure why, but then again, the parade isn't supposed to go down the entire hill and no pony ever sabotaged a float before." She explained.

Lyaroa shook her head as she walked off. "I can't believe this place." She grumbled.

As she walked, Lyaroa got to thinking. 'The sisters know I'm back by now, no way they don't, so why haven't they done anything?' She wondered.

She looked up and noticed an odd cloud in the sky. "Strange, the sky's supposed to be clear today." She muttered, she chuckled and continued walking. 'So, I'm being watch eh? well, I guess they are up to something.' She concluded.

_____*a few weeks later, Lyaroa's house, 12:16 PM.*_____

It was a cold afternoon, and as such, Lyaroa skipped her morning walk in favor for some relaxing, last week she had extended an offer to Fang and Roxanne, saying that they could live in her house, mostly so Gwen's house wasn't comepletly crowded, they had said they needed some time to think it over.

Lyaroa understood, in fact, she wasn't expecting anything, she just thought it would be polite, Lyaroa looked up at the sky and took a deep breath, she chuckled at the fresh air, ironically, it was better on the roof then in her house, Wheatly was being testy again, and Space core was being.....Space core.

After a while, approximately seventeen minutes, Lyaroa stood up and looked around the town, seeing nothing remotely of interest happening, she jumped off the roof and headed inside.

When she entered the living room, a wave of heat hit her, she chuckled and walked over to the couch, she then sat down and reclined all the way back as she materialized her headphones and music player.

As she went through the songs, she heard Wheatly begin talking. "So, what are we just mindless decorations now?....or what?" He wondered.

Lyaroa sighed then looked at the core, she sat up and weaved some of her magic, she then stood up and grabbed Wheatly.

In a few short moments, the house changed, if only slightly, the ceiling was higher and there was now a rail that led upstairs and around the room, she then put Wheatly on the rail and he himself seemed to be quiet during the change, he finally spoke after properly securing himself on the rail. "Uuuh, ok....um, how did you do that?" He asked out of curiosity.

Lyaroa blinked. "Magic, or in your logic, unexplainable expansion." She said.

Wheatly himself was also different, as in, Lyaroa simply repaired him. "Well, it's better than being a decoration." He said quietly as he moved along the rail.

Lyaroa rubbed her eyes and looked over at Space core, who seemed to be ranting about space again, she sighed and snapped her fingers, sending him back to where he was before.

After she did that Lyaroa walked over to the couch and sat down, simply wanting some peace and quiet for now, and just as she sat down, there was a knock on the door, she groaned and got back up.

Lyaroa walked over to the door and opened it ready to punch whoever it was, seeing Roxanne however, she decided against It. "Hey Rox." She greeted.

"Hey Lyaroa." Roxanne replied.

"I assume that you didn't drop by to say hi." Lyaroa said as she leaned up against the doorframe.

Roxanne nodded. "You wanted to get coffee sometime right?....well, I found a place that serves it and I got nothing better to do, so how about it?" She asked.

Lyaroa rolled her eyes and looked inside. "Wheatly!....I'm going out, don't destroy my house!" She shouted before walking out and closing the door.

The two then walked away from the house, leaving Wheatly alone.....probably a bad idea.

____*ten minutes later, Indigo cafe.*____

Lyaroa sat across from Roxanne as she waited for her coffee, she closed her eyes and waited, but Roxanne had other ideas. "Hey Lyaroa, tell me about yourself." She said.

Lyaroa chuckled at the question. "What's to tell?.....you know most of my story." She replied.

Roxanne sighed and leaned on the table. "Well, I know all of that, but it was mostly your plotting for revenge, I would like to know about YOU, not your story." She explained.

Lyaroa shook her head and put her arms behind it. "I suppose it couldn't hurt, besides, it's better than an awkward silence." She replied.

"Well what can I tell you?.....I'm exactly seven thousand, two hundred and sixteen years old, healthy living really." She paused and put her elbow on the table and hand under her chin. "My full name would be Lyaroa Pioax Juzor, only child, no relatives, I like cinnamon rolls with and without lava glaze, yes that's a thing back home, I also like hot cocoa and the smell of rain" She started. "I don't like watermelons or pineapples, I can't stand onion and I have a clear hatred of snow, if it wasn't obvious." She continued.

Lyaroa stopped talking as the man who took their orders returned with their coffee. "Can I get you anything else?" He asked.

Roxanne shook her head. "We're ok." She replied.

After the man left, Lyaroa continued talking. "My hobbies, well, I have a lot of em, but the most notable are looking up at the stars and spectating random chaos." She continued. "The one thing I really hate however are intentional world hoppers, people or creatures who knowingly cross dimensions willy nilly." She finished.

Roxanne blinked as she processed the information, afterwards, she took a big sip out of her coffee. "Wow, hate to say it Lyaroa.....your old." She pointed out.

Lyaroa shrugged. "Nah, I'm just in my teen years really, there are some Sentinel's who are at least twenty thousand years of age, but I figured it would be better to get out and start making worlds, beats the power struggle back home." She answered.

"Power struggle?" Roxanne asked curiously.

Lyaroa sighed and rubbed the back of her head. "Ugh, don't remind me." She replied.

Roxanne nodded and continued drinking her coffee. "Well, alright then, but what can you tell me about your world, like its name?" She wondered.

Lyaroa chuckled and drank her coffee. "You wouldn't be able to hear, see or speak its true name, to you it would sound little more than a bunch of whirring and humming, but translated to English it would say the Forge Of The Void, as for the main city itself, it's mostly a hive of noise, the only place that has important noise is the meeting Cove, other than that, there isn't much to tell." She explained. "So what about you Rox?....tell me about yourself." She said.

Roxanne finished her coffee and leaned back in her chair. "Well, you practically know my story in and out, as for my personality?....eh, you've seen that too, besides, didn't you give me and Fang all of this?" She wondered.

Lyaroa shook her head and finished her coffee. "Not really, true I created the original Fang, but your current minds and bodies?...that wasn't me, I simply supplied the means to make it, you two actually made them, in truth, I had next to nothing to do with how you two ended up." She replied.

"Fine." Roxanne admitted. "You already know my name, so I'll just skip to age, mentally and physically, I'm twenty, if you are going by the time I was made, I'm two, unlike you I like watermelon, I also like meat, as long as it isn't fish, I don't like cantaloupe or pineapples, and I have a fondness for comedy." She continued.

Roxanne stopped as the man from before came back and took their coffee, when he left, Roxanne continued. "I don't really have a hobby, the only one I had was the game we played back at Freddy's." She finished.

Lyaroa then pulled some bits out of nowhere and put them on the table. "That should cover the bill." She said.

Roxanne blinked and then rolled her eyes. "Do I even want to know where you got those?" She wondered.

Lyaroa shrugged. "There was a small gold deposit ten feet beneath us, I simply utilized it." She explained.

____*seven hours later, Ponyville town square.*____

Lyaroa rubbed her eyes as she watched the specticle before her, a mare calling herself the Great and Powerful Trixie showed up and practically stomped Twilight in a magic duel, primarily due to the power of the Alicorn Amulet.

She could only scratch the back of her head in confusion as Twilight was 'banished' from the town. "I must be missing something." She muttered.

Lyaroa quickly teleported to the top of a roof and started digging through the past, soon seeing the memories of what happened in the town and to Trixie, the memories were clearly before Gwen ended up in Freddy's.

Once Lyaroa was finished going through the memories she sighed. "That was fucking stupid." She said to herself as she jumped off the roof.

Lyaroa then decided to wait for the events to unfold, not needing to take action just yet unless necessary. "This should be only slightly interesting." She muttered.

____*some time later.*____

Lyaroa watched from above as Twilight challenged Trixe to another magic duel, claiming that she had a magical amulet that made the Alicorn Amulet look like a child's toy.

Lyaroa sighed as she sensed absolutely no magic from the new amulet. "Terrible fake, Trixie would have to be an idiot to take THAT bait." She muttered.

And much to Lyaroa's annoyance, Trixie actually accepted the duel, Lyaroa's jaw dropped at the sheer stupidity of the situation, thankfully Fang and Roxanne were not here, or this would just be a laugh fest.

Lyaroa watched as Twilight acted as though she could turn a mare into a stallion, but she saw that Applejack and others were simply hiding behind something, at this point Lyaroa had enough and teleported between the two mares. "Ok, enough with the shit." She said calmly.

Trixie seemed to be shocked and confused while Twilight was annoyed. "What are you doing Lyaroa?" Twilight asked.

Lyaroa looked at Twilight. "If there is one thing I hate it's a liar, and you are horrible at it." She then used her magic and took both of the amulets from the mares, even through the shield projected by the Alicorn Amulet, she then snapped her fingers and Applejack and the stallion disguised as her showed up nearby.

Lyaroa then looked at Trixie who seemed to be in complete shock of what just happened. "You!....I get what happened to you wasn't fair, but get a grip!" She then rounded on Twilight. "And you!...you can't lie for shit so don't even try it, besides any idiot can sense that this amulet is fake!" She then threw the fake amulet on the ground and smashed it.

Lyaroa then chuckled. "See ya!" She said before teleporting away with the Alicorn Amulet.

____*Lyaroa's house.*____

After teleporting into her house, Lyaroa quickly materialized a small box and put the Alicorn Amulet into it, she then locked it down in her magic before hiding it. "I hate having to work." She muttered.

Lyaroa then walked out of her room and headed downstairs. 'Regardless, they won't be able to get the Amulet now, that's a plus.' She thought as she entered the living room.

Lyaroa then walked over to the couch and laid down across it, she put her headphones on and turned on her music player. 'So far, life isn't too bad, I wonder how things will go from here?'

PreviousChapters Next