• Published 12th Apr 2015
  • 1,038 Views, 56 Comments

A New Tale In Equestria. - Sylif Daring Doo



After returning home with Fang and Roxanne, Gwen finds that she might lose her memories, but when she receives a letter from an old friend, her life will be changed forever.

  • ...
17
 56
 1,038

PreviousChapters Next
Things returning to normal.

_____*Ponyville, the next day*_____

Roxanne awoke to the sun glaring in her face, she groaned and flipped around and shut her eyes tight, trying to go back to sleep, she felt warm fur and opened her eyes, she saw Lyaroa's back, and she noticed all of the injuries she sustained, seeing this made Roxanne cringe, the memory of the mountain fresh in her mind. "I'm sorry." Said Lyaroa quietly.

Roxanne sighed and sat up, she looked up at the ceiling and closed her eyes. "I never should have dragged any of you to that mountain, if I had gone alone, none of this would have happened." Lyaroa said.

"Migraine." Roxanne said.

"Yea?" Lyaroa asked.

"Shut up." Roxanne said blankly.

"Ok." Lyaora replied quickly.

Lyaroa soon got up and sat next to Roxanne, she patted the fox's shoulder and looked down, saying nothing.

Roxanne leaned in and rested her head on Lyaroa's shoulder, she blinked a few times and opened her eyes. "Can I ask you something?" She asked quietly.

Lyaroa stroked Roxanne's head and breathed lightly. "Yea." She replied.

"Can you tell me his story?.......If he didn't come here." She asked.

Lyaroa nodded. "Sure thing." She replied.

"He was created early in the year 1983, he was a revolutionary if experimental machine, he performed in his own right, and when Fredbear's shut down, he was brought back with the opening of Freddy Fazbears in 1984, he worked alongside his new friends for a couple years, until that location was shut down as well." She said.

"He awoke in Freddy Fazbears pizzeria in 1987 to find himself and his friends damaged, he was fixed, but his friends were not, soon after, he discovered that he was to be scrapped along with his new friends, in favor of the original Fazbears crew, and he would then go on to become a phantom of sorts thirty years later, haunting the murderer of children, but unlike the others, he does not find peace, nor does the killer." She finished.

Roxanne huffed. "Crappy story either way." She said.

Lyaroa let out a sad smile. "I know Roxie, I know." She replied.

Roxanne closed her eyes and sat there in silence with Lyaroa for a while, neither willing to get up.

____*meanwhile*____

Golden was sitting on his bed, he felt like crap, as he didn't sleep at all last night, all he could do was think about the events that he and Fang shared, there weren't many, but he treasured them now more than ever, normally, he would be angry at the loss of a friend or comrade, but he couldn't muster up any anger, not now.

Golden looked out the window and saw the sun in the clear blue skies. 'I always argued with him, we never agreed on anything......he would do things his way, and I would do the same.....I guess I just don't want to admit to losing him so easily.' He thought before standing up and leaving the room.

_____*meanwhile*_____

Lyaroa got up and looked at Roxanne. "Come on Roxie, we should get moving, seeing Firefly again will do you some good." She said.

Roxanne looked at Lyaroa, seeing the Sentinel's calm smile was strangely encouraging, she sighed and stood up. "Alright." She replied.

_____*downstairs*______

Lyaroa saw Shade asleep on the chair, and Emerald sitting on the couch reading, she didn't see Golden anywhere, so she instead headed to the kitchen to get some food.

Roxanne paced for a while, she was restless, and didn't want to just stand around, but she couldn't leave.....not now. "Sit down." Emerald said calmly.

Roxanne looked at the drake. "Why?" She asked.

Emerald sighed and set the book down. "Because your unstable, your holding in too much energy, and your also making it worse with your restlessness, it would be a bad time to explode in a fit of anger." He replied.

Roxanne shook her head and sat down, she crossed her arms and fidgeted around. "It's not helping." She said.

Emerald closed his eyes and rubbed his chin. "Just stop moving around......you need to relax, or its just going to get worse." He insisted.

Lyaroa then peaked out of the kitchen. "Maybe you should get a shower, that should help relieve some stress." She suggested before going back into the kitchen.

Roxanne then got up and headed into the kitchen, there she found Lyaroa making eggs, she walked up behind the Sentinel and put her arms over Lyaroa's shoulders. "How are you not affected by this?" She asked.

Lyaroa closed her eyes and turned around, she put her forehead to Roxanne's. "Who says I'm not?.....I'm just dealing with it my own way, and so is everyone else, besides, I am mourning.....in my mind." She slowly put her hand to Roxanne's heart and channeled her own power into the fox.

And suddenly, Roxanne heard a melody in her mind, it was beautiful, it felt fitting, she also felt something familiar, she felt Lyaroa's heart again, and she could feel what she felt, a tear dropped from her eyes and she wiped them away.

Lyaroa also felt Roxanne's heart, it was quiet, she felt the raw emotion coming out of it, she also felt something else in there, she did a quick scan of it, and felt two other presences there, as well as something incredibly powerful, she was surprised at what she found, she quickly pulled her hand back and went back to work. "I should get these done, before they burn." She said.

Roxanne placed a hand on the Sentinel's shoulder as she turned around. "Thank you for showing me that Lyaroa." She said quietly before walking away.

"Before you worry about it Roxie." Lyaroa said, making Roxanne pause. "I killed the shadow creature, it's hold on me weakened when Fang stabbed me, and it died shorty after you removed the shard." She said.

Roxanne smiled a little at the news. "Good for you Migraine." She said before walking out of the kitchen.

_____*a few hours later.*______

After everyone had eaten and felt they were ready, they decided to go outside, Emerald went to look around the town, Shade decided to simply go back to the forest, while Golden and Roxanne went with Lyaroa to see Gwen and the others, they felt it would be good to see them again.

As they walked, Roxanne heard a familiar voice. "Roxanne!....welcome back!" The voice was Skitter's.

The trio looked at Skitter who was walking with Dark, she seemed happy to see them again. "How are you guys doing?" She asked.

Lyaroa sighed and crossed her arms. "We're on our way to Gwen's place, we can tell you there." She said grimly.

Dark looked at the group and noticed something was off. "Where's Fang?" Dark asked.

Golden stepped forward. "That's one thing we need to talk about, but we would rather not talk about it more than once." He replied.

The reply seemed to make the pair silent, they instead joined the trio heading to Gwen's house. "How's Firefly been?" Roxanne asked.

Skitter chuckled. "She's been alright, she misses her mom, but she's doing good." She replied.

Roxanne sighed and closed her eyes. 'This is going to break those poor kids hearts.' She told herself mentally.

______*Gwen's house*_______

It didn't take long to get the group together for a meeting, they didn't include everyone this time, so it was only Twilight, Gwen, Derpy, Rarity, Skitter and Dark.

Roxanne wished that they were all meeting under happier circumstances, they wished they didn't have to tell them what was going on, the only saving grace was that the kids were with Sparkler over at Derpy's house.

Golden was leaning in a corner with his arms crossed and his staff on his back, he was trying to stay out of the conversation as long as he could.

Lyaroa was sitting by the window looking outside, she didn't have the heart to tell them, but she would if she had too.

Roxanne was pacing around the room waiting for everyone to settle in, the only one that wasn't here was Gwen surprisingly, it was at least five minutes until she showed. "Hey Gwen." Roxanne said grimly.

Gwen didn't seem to notice. "Welcome back Roxanne." She said before walking over to the couch and sitting with Derpy. "So what's new? You have to have some good stories to tell right?" She asked.

Roxanne looked at Lyaroa and then at Golden who didn't respond, she sighed and crossed her arms. "While we're glad to see you all again, your probably asking yourselves a question......where's Fang." She started.

Seeing the nods from everyone and the knowing look on Skitter's face, Roxanne took a deep breath and put her hand on her chin. "Fang........is dead." She said sadly.

Everyone had looks of shock and sorrow at that news, Twilight didn't seem to be able to process it directly, Skitter and Dark kept quiet while taking it in, Derpy and Rarity weren't able to muster any form of response along with the others.

Gwen however was different, she had tears going down her eyes as she stared down at the floor, she sobbed quietly as she mourned her friend.

Out of everyone there, the only one who could speak was Skitter, she took a quick breath and spoke. "What um.......what happened?" She asked.

"He fell in battle." Golden said from the corner, it was a half lie, but it was sufficient for him.

Lyaroa looked to the others. "He died, saving me........" ⎌She added shakily.

Gwen looked up and then at Lyaroa. "Why did you take them with you?" She questioned.

Lyaroa didn't respond, she simply turned her head and looked away, she bit her lip and closed her eyes.

Gwen stood up and walked over to Lyaroa, her sadness barely blocking the hatred she felt. "Answer me!" She demanded.

Derpy stood up. "Gwen please." She pleaded.

Gwen didn't hear Derpy and she forced Lyaroa to look at her. "TELL ME!" She shouted.

"I was scared!" Lyaroa admitted tearfully, she put her hands on her knees and sobbed, Gwen backed off and blinked. "What?" She asked out of surprise.

Lyaroa shivered and looked up at Gwen, she wiped the tears from her eyes and spoke. "I knew that something was there.....I didn't know what and it scared me, so i asked the others to come with me.......I could have done it alone, but I was too afraid to act on it." She continued.

Golden didn't say anything, instead he walked over with his arms crossed. "Look, we are all susceptible to emotion Gwen, I'm no exception, she didn't want to face an unknown threat alone, and we followed, if we knew what could have happened." He sighed. "We would have handled things differently.

Gwen looked at Lyaroa who sat there quietly sobbing, she shook her head and walked upstairs. "I need to be alone." She stated.

______*Ponyville*_______

It has been three months since they told the others the bad news, it was hard at first.....it always is, when Emerald and Gwen saw eachother again, it helped things some, if only for a while, Twilight had many questions as to how Emerald was back, but none could be answered.

It wasn't until a week passed that Gwen finally started talking again, but she still blamed Lyaroa for Fang's death, then again, she isn't wrong about what she says, but I think Lyaroa's answer made her think more.

When Firefly heard that Emerald was back, she was overjoyed, it was a happy reunion, along with Spark and Spike meeting Emerald for the first time, Spike had so many questions for Emerald about the dragons at first, they were answered to the best of his ability.

Golden kept to himself at first, like he always does, but after a while opened up a little, he wouldn't talk about the world he went too all those years ago, but he was at least someone that could hold an intelligent conversation.

Two weeks passed and Shade finally introduced himself to everyone, Scootaloo was frightened of course on the count of what happened, but when Shade explained why he had 'attacked' it actually made sense.

Firefly and Spark weren't told about Fang's death, instead they were told that he was away on business, Firefly didn't catch on, but Spark had his suspicions, when confronted about it, Lyaroa told him the truth, he didn't take it well, and he didn't talk for weeks.

It was a month until things returned to a semblance of normal, and by then, Emerald took Spark and Spike under his wing, teaching them everything he could, while avoiding anything to do with him being the Judge.

Dark had began having visions, she couldn't explain them easily, as they were little more than fragments and brief images, she went to Lyaroa for help, but the Sentinel claimed she couldn't as her powers left her drained after Dalcorus, but she swore to help as best she could.

Roxanne had mourned Fang in her own way, she kept on going, she focused on living one day at a time, instead of grieving, Lyaroa was doing this as well, doing her best to take care of Spark while trying to keep it together.

It wasn't until the second month that things went back to normal for good, Gwen and Derpy were engaged by the middle of the month, it was a happy occasion, and for the first time in a long time, things were good.

Shade had moved in a week before, claiming that since the forest wasn't making him happy, he might as well try the town, he bonded quickly with Dark, seeing as they had a lot in common, he never told anyone why he refused to return to his world, but he said he had a very good reason.

Skitter's pregnancy was getting worse a few days after Gwen and Derpy's engagement, she almost blacked out and was bleeding, leading everyone to assume there was a miscarriage, thankfully, Shade said it would be alright after an examination, apparently he was trained in medical, much to Golden's surprise.

Dark eventually had a clear vision one day, it was of her and a child, her child by the looks of it, they were simply spending time together, enjoying some mother and daughter time, the only thing that Dark couldn't understand was the name, whenever the filly's name came up, it was muffled, and unable to be heard, but for some reason, she knew the name.

Firefly and Spark seemed to be doing well in school, they had joined up with the crusaders along with Solar, Spark flat out refused two things, the first being the cape, he refused that immediately, he also refused the oath, not giving a real reason for either.

When Emerald revealed that Spark and Spike were actually brothers, Spark was speechless while Spike celebrated happily, Twilight was filled with so many questions she almost exploded.

It was the third month that things started to look up in however, Lyaroa and Roxanne had gotten together officially, Firefly and Spark seemed overjoyed at the prospect of being legitimate siblings, this however led to Firefly asking if Roxanne was going to propose at some point......everyone laughed, until Firefly said she was serious, then they went silent, the older Firefly seemed to knock some sense into the younger one however and she left it alone.

Dark's visions were becoming clearer, as though something was going to happen, but Lyaroa was unable to help, as she claimed that these visions were personal, and she had absolutely no right to them.

Solar was beginning to worry about Skitter at this point, the changeling seemed to be in a constant state of anger, and never actually smiled anymore, and was getting worse everyday.

Eventually, at the middle of the third month, Skitter's water broke and Shade, who was visiting at the time, quickly moved her upstairs, stating that there was no time to get her to the hospital, so they had a home birth.

To everyone's surprise, that being Lyaroa, Roxanne, Gwen and Derpy, Twilight, Dark and Golden, Shade handled the operation with incredible efficiency, even though it was an unnatural delivery on both sides, thankfully, Twilight had contacted the hospital and they sent Nurse Redheart, who was happy to assist, even on such short notice.

Skitter was screaming as the pain shot through her constantly, it was difficult for her to keep calm, especially with Redheart talking.

_____*Skitter's room.*_____

"Alright Skitter, deep breaths ok?....you'll be alright." Redheart assured.

As they worked on getting the child out, Skitter found herself getting increasingly annoyed at the constant talking, she finally had enough, she looked Shade dead in the eye and spoke. "I know about the breathing! Just get the baby out already you douchebag!" She screamed.

Redheart immediately shut up, and soon, Shade finally got the baby out, as the baby cried for the first time, Skitter collected her breath and looked at Shade. "Well?" She asked.

Shade smiled and slowly handed Skitter the baby. "Congratulations Skitter, you have a boy." He said.

Skitter held the baby and laughed a little, he was still covered in blood, but Skitter didn't mind too much. "You know, I can't believe I'm about to say this, but I didn't even think up a name." She said to herself as she handed Shade the young changeling.

Shade took the baby and set him down on a nearby table with cloth on it, he then took care as he cleaned the blood off. "It's alright Skitter, you have time to think up a name." He said.

Skitter took a deep breath and looked at Nurse Redheart. "Sorry about yelling, I'm glad you could help." She said thankfully.

Nurse Redheart nodded with a smile. "I'm happy to have helped." She replied.

_____*Hours later*_____

Skitter looked at Shade who was sitting in the chair next to her bed, he decided to stay and help her until she could fully walk, she took a breath and spoke. "Hey, can I get some water?" She asked.

Shade nodded and stood up, before he left, he looked at Skitter. "Anything else?" He asked.

Skitter shook her head. "No I'm fine, just the water." She answered.

Shade left the room, leaving Skitter with her child.

Skitter looked up at the ceiling and sighed, she felt like crap for not thinking of names, she thought on possible ones and by the time Shade returned to the room, she had one.

Shade handed Skitter the water and sat back down, he rubbed his eyes and closed them. "Hey." Skitter started, forcing Shade to stay awake. "Yea?" He asked.

"I thought of a name." Skitter said.

Shade looked at Skitter. "Oh?.....mind telling me?" He asked.

Skitter looked at her child and smiled. "Yea......I like the name Garth, how about you?" She asked.

Shade shrugged. "It isn't my place to say, if you want Garth to be his name, then so be it." He replied.

_____*meanwhile*______

Lyaroa saw Roxanne lying down on the couch reading, she grinned and walked up, she then jumped over and then flopped onto the couch with Roxanne. "Hey Roxie." She said.

Roxanne smiled and closed the book and put it away, as in she threw it at a pile of books that was growing in the corner. "Hey Migraine." She said as she rested her arm over Lyaroa.

Lyaroa felt a nibble on her ear and she chuckled, she looked up at Roxanne. "So what're you up too?" She asked.

"I've been thinking." She replied.

Lyaroa closed her eyes and felt her head being rubbed. "Ok, let's see, your being affectionate on the couch, your thinking, and you have your arm around me...." She opened her eyes. "You want to know if I can bring Fang back?" She asked.

Roxanne blinked. "Actually I was going to ask if you wanted to go upstairs and if you fixed Skitter's medallion?.....but that works too." She replied.

Lyaroa sighed and sat up after Roxanne let her up, she sat next to the fox and looked at her. "You see, I've been working on that." She said.

Roxanne watched as Lyaroa handed her Skitter's now fixed medallion. "Oh." She said quietly.

"As for going upstairs, yes.....but as for Fang, that's a bit trickier, firstly." She held up a finger......literally. "I quite literally used all my power up in Dalcuros, between healing everyone, having my powers taken from me twice, firing that beam, and my heart being ripped out......literally, I'm drained, the only reason I was able to get my powers back up so quickly was because I overcharged them." She paused.

"I now have to wait a long time for my powers to come back, now if it was someone else, I'd be able to bring them back easily......but with Fang, as powerful as he is, and the fact that he's immortal, it takes a lot of power for that to work, and this isn't even counting the fact I would have to remake the body." She explained.

Roxanne sighed and felt a pat on the shoulder. "Don't be so down Roxie, there's no hurry, you know that right?.....I can bring him back, just need time is all." She said before standing and walking to the stairs.

Roxanne smiled and stood, she watched as Lyaroa walked up the stairs, she put her hand over her heart and smiled. "Nothing to worry about, your right about that." She whispered before following Lyaroa.

_____*unknown*_____

Pain, Suffering, Despair, that's all I feel these days, other than my brief one hour reprieves, it just gets worse and worse every single day.

And that isn't even accounting for the time here......a day can pass here while a minute passes in the outside world, it's horrible here.

At first I resisted, but after a few days, I finally gave up hope, I wasn't able to withstand the pressure, I found myself giving in and allowing them to torture me endlessly, I'm very aware that this must have been the plan, but it's not worth trying to resist again.

The only thing I have left is a cell mate.......and he sucks, all he wants to do is drain shit......I didn't catch his name, but he's a centaur of some kind, he's boring, and I think spending time in the same cell is worse than the torture, which might have been the idea as well.

I walked over to the cell bars and looked out, the complex I was in was enormous, it didn't seem like it should exist, it gave off a sense of dread, and it was always burning here, as though it was hell on earth, I sigh and turn around to face the cell mate. "If I were you centaur, I would give up on your plan.....you aren't that powerful." I say.

The centaur growls and approaches me. "I will become powerful in time!......I am Tirek! you have no idea what I am capable of!" He threatened as he put his face right in front of me.

I then threw my arm up and grabbed him by the throat and looked him in the eye. "And I am the Herald......and you have absolutely no idea what I can do, so shut up and deal with it!" I drop the centaur and let him return to the corner of the cell, I then look out to the complex. "This place sucks." I mutter.

Author's Note:

So yea, this stuff happened.

I will point this out, Tirek has nothing to do with the plot, I have never personally seen him, but I felt like throwing him in as that one random baddy.

Oh well, so yes, I covered a little bit, and it's getting very close to the end, so I'll stop wasting your time and say see you next time!

PreviousChapters Next