• Published 12th Apr 2015
  • 1,038 Views, 56 Comments

A New Tale In Equestria. - Sylif Daring Doo



After returning home with Fang and Roxanne, Gwen finds that she might lose her memories, but when she receives a letter from an old friend, her life will be changed forever.

  • ...
17
 56
 1,038

PreviousChapters Next
The empire of Crystals, Part four: Madness sets in.

Author's Note:

I wanted to leave a quick message, most of this chapter will be focusing ENTIRELY on Fang, Spirit and Soul, so don't expect to so much of anyone else right now.

Oh and in case anyone is wondering what Spirit's voice sounds like, think Lancer from Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works, English voice.....it's only my preferred voice for him though, just informing you.

____*Snowgem, the next day, 5:37 AM.*____

The village of Snowgem was quiet that night......Sombra's undead had assaulted the town just as Skitter predicted, and because of the preparations they had made, none of the undead made it in or out of the town, and now a cool breeze blew through the quiet town, the guards patrolled around the town and the gate.

Most of the buildings in the village had been repaired or mended enough to sleep in, the blacksmith however was still in disrepair, but there was still someone inside regardless.....Fang, who had refused to sleep in the homes and went inside the destroyed blacksmith.

_____*Unknown location.*_____

The world was a haze, the sky was black while dark gray smoke filled it, flames incinerated the land while the clang of steel blades rang through the wind.

In a flurry of steel, two swords descended upon one, which were quickly repelled and returned with a deadly barrage.

In the middle of the incinerated land, stood three figures, two were equine in nature, one however was not, one of the equines had dark blue fur and a light blue mane, she was garbed in dark blue magical body armor and had wings and a horn, the sword she held had a dark blue handle and the blade was a dark steel, the equine also had a mark on both flanks which had a crescent moon next to a black area, her eyes were a bright cyan, she was known as Luna.

The other equine was the exact opposite, this one had pure white fur and a soft pink mane, she was garbed in golden body armor and had wings and a horn, the sword she held had a golden handle and the blade was fine steel, the equine had a mark of the sun on each flank, her eyes were a soft magenta, she was known as Celestia.

The final figure had pure white fur and had shadows dancing around it, it stood upright on its two wolf like legs, it's sword had a silver handle and the blade was silver with a dark red steel along the edges, it's eyes were dark red and held only one emotion........pain.

The two equines unleashed another barrage of sword slashes and thrusts that synced perfectly, the third figure parried the attacks swiftly, but was unable to go on the offensive as the sisters unleashed yet another barrage.

It took time, but eventually, the figure finally broke off and jumped back. 'I can't beat both of them in my current state.......maybe if I hit them wit-Gah!' The figure's thoughts were broken off however when something lodged itself in its back.

The figure coughed up blood and looked down at what impaled it.....a long iron spear had gone straight through its chest, the figure's sword dropped to the ground and more blood was coughed up.

The figure dropped to its knees and attempted to remove the spear from its chest, only for a golden aura to envelop it and hold it in place, the figure wheezed as it coughed up even more blood.

The sound of armored hooves made its way to the figure, who simply looked up shakily to see Luna and Celestia standing before it.

Celestia's eyes glared death at the figure, her horn ignited and the figure screamed in pain as the spear pulled itself out and Impaled the figure in the spine. "Your deceit shall never harm innocents again.......traitor!" She proclaimed as she pinned the figure down to the ground with her magic.

Luna walked to the side of the figure and put her sword to the figure's neck. "None shall remember your name.......from this day forth, let this be the end of you......." She trailed off as she raised her sword.

The figure's eyes met the sword and its eyes widened in fear, but it could not scream, for Luna's sword had cut clean through its neck.

The world started to fade as the world burned, but one word was clear. "......Lyaroa."

_____*Snowgem.*_____

Fang shot up and gasped, he was covered in sweat and was panting heavily, he swallowed and slowed his breathing, once he was calm he stood up and leaned on a nearby wall. 'This is getting annoying.....I need to do something.' He told himself as he walked over to the swords that he had set on an old table.

Fang grabbed the battle harness and started to put it on, once it was secure, he grabbed the sword sheaths and strapped them onto the harness, he then grabbed Soul and Spirit and sheathed them. "Going for a walk?" Asked the familiar sarcastic voice of Spirit.

Fang sighed and turned around, he walked towards the door and through Spirit. "Not exactly." He replied simply.

Spirit shrugged and started to follow Fang. "Where you go I go......I guess." He commented.

"You mean where the sword goes you go?" He corrected as he pointed at the blade.

Spirit chuckled and put his hands behind his head. "Sure thing, so what's up boss?.....you seem distressed." He pointed out.

Fang raised an eyebrow and looked at Spirit. "Boss?" He asked.

Spirit nodded. "Yea, your the one wielding my blade, so that makes you the boss, so what's up?" He asked.

Fang looked up and the night sky and sighed. "That Is private." He replied.

Spirit chuckled and looked around. "This place ain't doing so good." He commented.

Fang nodded. "Yea, so Spirit, what exactly can you and Soul do?" He asked.

Spirit grinned. "That is private." He teased before laughing quietly.

Fang gave Spirit a glare and sighed. "I'm being serious, i need to know what you can do before going into battle." He said calmly.

Spirit sighed and looked at Fang. "We have a very different enchantment from Life and Death.....instead of always being at full power, we progress, if you need me to hit harder?....done, you need me to hit farther?....done." He paused.

"We can't fight in our physical forms yet, right now, we are at what would be called, level zero, if you want to make us stronger, all you need to do is fight with the blades." He explained.

Fang rubbed his eyes and walked towards the gate. "Guess it's time to go hunting." He muttered as he approached the gate.

Spirit returned to his blade and left Fang on his own for the moment.

Fang walked up to the gate and noticed that two of the guards got in his way, they were both staring at him with cold eyes and they did not budge even as Fang walked up. "Nopony is allowed to leave, under the orders of Shining Armor." One of the guards said.

Fang nodded and looked around. "I see.....if I see one I shall inform you immediately." He replied before walking forward, only for the guards to block his path. "Turn around, and return to your kennel.....dog." The other said threateningly while readying his spear for emphasis.

Fang's eye twitched, he sighed and looked at the guard who insulted him. "I'll give you two warnings, one, never call me a dog or imply that I belong in a kennel, two, get out of the way or else." He warned.

Neither guard moved, they seemed completely willing to stand their ground. "Or else what?" The other guard asked with a tone of amusement.

Fang closed his eyes for a moment and ran something through his mind, he soon opened his eyes and looked at the two. "Or else I will cut your heads off and hang your lifeless corpses from the gate as a warning." He replied coldly with absolutely no hint of restraint.

Both guards stepped back but quickly returned to their positions. "Your bluffing, you wouldn't dare do that.....even if you could." The one taunted.

Fang counted the amount of times in his head and grinned. "Four times." He said.

One of the guards raised an eyebrow and blinked. "What's that supposed to mean?" He wondered.

Fang held up four fingers with his left hand and reached back for one of the swords with his right. "You stopped me four times.....so you get four attacks." He explained calmly.

Both guards quickly threw their spears at Fang before he could move, but he was already out of the way before the spear even got close.

Fang was soon behind the guard one the left with his swords drawn, he was soon greeted by two magic blasts, he simply moved out of the way and swung Soul at the guards head, the head soon landed on the ground and was followed by the body.

Fang then looked at the other guard and saw his face of terror. "You......murderer!" The guard snapped.

Fang moved at lightning speed and swung Spirit and the guard's head, which soon went flying, the now headless body collapsed to the floor and Fang sighed.

"We could have avoided this, but you had to be difficult." He sighed and sheathed Soul and Spirit. "...When I said for you to fight, I didn't mean against your allies." Spirit said blandly.

Fang picked up the lifeless body and walked over to the other. "I did warn them what would happen.......now I'm simply following up on that promise." He replied as he carried the body.

Spirit rolled his eyes and returned to the sword. "Whatever it ain't any of my business anyway." He countered before fading.

Fang looked around the area calmly for a moment before picking up the other body, he then walked out through the gate and fulfilled his promise.

_____*twenty minutes later, outskirts of Snowgem.*_____

Fang quick stepped off to the side as the bear charged, he quickly jumped onto its back and swung Spirit down at its neck, the blade cut deep as the bear roared in pain, Fang jumped off and looked back at the bear as it fell over dead.

Fang looked around and saw his hard work, there were multiple piles of bones from various skeletons and several dead artic bears, he sheathed Spirit and Soul and walked back towards the village.

"Well....I can already tell you that I have double my old power.....not enough to beat up Life or Death.....but it's a start." Spirit commented as he materialized behind Fang.

Fang turned around and sighed. "Let's just get back, I don't feel like dealing with your verbal abuse right now." He retorted.

A soft chuckle was heard before Soul materialized in front of Fang. "Why so serious big guy?.....way I see it all you have to worry about is that army your fighting." She teased.

Spirit groaned and facepalmed. "AND the army we are working with, that little stunt of yours is bound to draw attention......worse case scenario, we end up fighting two army's at once before we can get started." Spirit said before realizing what he said.

Fang paused and slowly turned to face Spirit, when he looked directly at Spirit, the ghost visibly gulped and backed up nervously, for in Spirit's view, Fang's eyes practically screamed death.

Spirit laughed nervously and rubbed the back of his head. "I get it.....shutting up now." He added.

Fang sighed and continued walking. "So long as we remain calm and don't say anything, we will be perfectly fine." He told the panicked ghost.

After that, both Soul and Spirit returned to their swords and remained silent, even as they entered Snowgem.

Fang returned to the blacksmith and set the swords down, he took the harness off and sat down at a somewhat decent area. 'Soon.' He told himself.

It was not long before Fang had gone to sleep, and when he did, old memories rose up.

____*many years ago, Fredbear's Family Diner, 2:13 PM.*____

The wind silently blew through the sunny sky, the city buzzed with life and excitement, the restaurants and shops were all busy as ever, the cars drove by in a blur of motion, and one building in particular stood out from the others.

This building was a large pizzeria commonly known as Fredbear's Family Diner, it stood out as there was an animatronic band that would play lively music, there was also an animatronic who would tell stories to the children at its cove, or even send them into a maze to look for treasure, and they even had an animatronic who resided at the arcade ticket area.

The band consisted of three animatronics, there was the main singer Freddy Fazbear himself, a large brown animatronic bear with brown eyes, a handheld microphone, two black buttons on his chest, a black tophat and black bow tie, the backup singer Chica, a large yellow animatronic chicken with purple eyes, a cupcake and a bib that said 'Let's eat!', and the guitarist Bonnie, a large purple animatronic bunny with pink eyes, two black buttons on his chest, a red bow tie and a red guitar.

The animatronic at the cove was Foxy, a large red fox with a black eyepatch and yellow eyes, he had a silver hook on his right hand and wearing brown linen pants, the animatronic at the arcade ticket area was a black and white animatronic wolf called Fang, he had green eyes, and a moderately sized tail.

It was a very busy day at the pizzeria, the tables were filled, the arcade was buzzing, and the cove was lively, and in the ticket area, stood Fang, who was busy exchanging kid's tickets for prizes, before long, four hours had passed, and after handing out the seventh plushie of Chica, Fang noticed that the building was getting awfully quiet, the kids were walking away, and the employees were cleaning up.

Fang looked around and saw that the customers were exiting the building, he then heard Freddy speak. "Thanks for coming to Fredbear's Family Diner! I'll see you next time!" He called out.

Fang instinctively waved goodbye to the customers, as they left the building, Fang noticed something odd about one particular chIld, unlike the others who were ecstatic or saddened about leaving, this one seemed not to care much at all, in fact, he seemed to be bored of the rush, the boy met eyes with Fang for just a moment and chuckled.

Fang blinked as the doors to the restaurant closed, he watched as the employees continued working on cleaning the building, he watched as some of them shut down the other animatronics, Fang sighed and backed up to a wall, he then shut himself down to conserve some power.

'Ah well, I'll be awake soon enough anyway.' He thought as he powered down.

_____*six hours later*______

Fang opened his eyes and raised his head, he took a good look around the room for a moment, the entire building was dark and the clock on the wall read midnight, Fang knew that the security guard would be in his office by now, Fang looked to the stage and saw that Bonnie was standing next to table two, Fang looked over at Pirates Cove and saw that the curtains were completely closed. 'Must be the first night, I'll leave this night to Bonnie in that case.'

Fang simply observed for the night as Bonnie made his way to the office, eventually, at three AM, Chica left the stage and made her way to the office.

The layout of the building was quite simple, you had the party room in the middle, the show stage just next to it, you had the backstage nearby and the bathrooms were on the opposite side of the room from the backstage, there were also four smaller party rooms for private parties down a single hallway, there was the arcade and Pirates cove which were more off to the side, the entrance was in the main party room and the kitchen was through a door in the main room.

The office was located at the end of three different hallways, with a metallic door at each entrance to the office, but the five animatronics had come up with a set of rules that they should follow, and they were actually quite simple.

On night one, it would be only Bonnie until three AM, Foxy could also come out ONLY if his camera was never checked, if the power went out however on any night, Freddy would come out and approach the entrance on the right and play the Toreador March for a short time before grabbing the guard and stuffing him in a suit.

Night two would be somewhat similar, except Bonnie and Chica would be slightly faster, and Foxy could come out more often ao long as his camera was not constantly maintained.

Night three however was when it got hectic for the guard, as Freddy became active that night, and the others became even more active.

Night four was when Fang began to take action, the other animatronics became even faster as well.

Night five was just a general speed increase for the five animatronics.

Night six was basically the same as night five, except that Fang would occasionally block the Pirates Cove camera.

Night seven was when things would either calm down, or become a living nightmare for the guard.

The animatronics movements were simple, for Bonnie it was the stage, the main room, the backstage, party room two, the hallway on the left, the supply closet, then the left hall corner, then the left door.

Chica would go from the show stage, the main room, the bathroom, party room three, the kitchen, the right hallway, the right hall corner, and the right door.

Foxy would be in Pirates Cove, the Arcade area, the main room, the left hall, and the left door, the simplest movements of them all.

Fang went to the ticket area, Pirates Cove, the Arcade, the main room, party room four, the center hallway, and the center door.

Freddy himself would be on the stage, the main room, the bathroom, the kitchen, party room one, the right hallway, the right hall corner, and the right door.

The first night was quite boring for all the animatronics, as such, the night ended quietly, with the guard giving the animatronics a nervous glare that none of them noticed as they were offline.

The next day, Fang had simply allowed his programming to work for him as he was not in the mood for anything else.

The world began to fade away as it became foggy and voices became mumbling.

_____*the next day, end of flashback, the village of Snowgem*______

Fang groaned and sat up, he rubbed his head and heard a faint chuckle from a familiar voice. "You know.....your kinda cute when your asleep." Teased the cheery voice of Soul as she materialized.

Fang mumbled something and stood up slowly. "I'm not awake for even a minute and your already teasing me." He complained.

Soul grinned and walked around behind Fang. "Oh cheer up you party pooper!.....your acting like someone you like just died, but since that isn't true.......cheer up or I ain't gonna help you!" She said firmly.

Fang could only blink at the girl, he cleared his throat and looked at Soul. "I'll make an effort." He said calmly.

Soul sighed and facepalmed. "Close enough.....now get moving lazy bones, you got a war to fight." She said before returning to her sword.

Fang shook his head and walked over to the table that the swords were, he grabbed the harness and strapped it on, after it was secure he grabbed the swords and sheathed them into the sheaths on his back.

"Let's go then, come on Spirit." He called out before making his way to the door.

An annoyed groan was the response that came from Spirit as he materialized near Fang with a yawn. "You know.....while I'm glad to have you as the boss, you give the worst wake up calls." He complained.

Soul laughed quietly and followed the two. "Settle down Spirit.....you make it sound like a bad thing." She then paused before shrugging a few seconds later.

Spirit grunted and looked around. "Could this place possibly get more boring?" He wondered silently.

Fang chuckled. "Most likely, it IS a equine town." He said aloud with a slight hint of distaste.

Soul grinned and ran up in front of Fang and began walking backwards while facing him. "Is that Ire in your voice Fang?" She asked out of curiosity.

Fang could only blink at Soul as she practically got in his face, eventually he found his voice again. "We....well, I guess so, what about it?" He asked.

Soul gave a sly grin and walked out of the way. "Oh...no reason, just curious." She replied teasingly.

Fang looked at Spirit with a question on his mind. "Is she always like this?" He asked.

Spirit blinked and looked at Fang, he then nodded and looked around again.

Fang sighed and continued walking towards the town hall. 'One thing is certain, if this keeps up, we'll win in a day....two day's tops'

After a few more minutes of walking, Fang approached the town hall and noticed that three of the gaurds were moving a rather large box, he took note that the two carrying the box seemed a bit green in the face, it was at that moment, that Fang knew that the bodies of the guards he killed were inside the box.

Spirit walked alongside Fang and eyed the box. "Be careful boss......I'm getting a weird feeling." He warned before disappearing.

Fang walked up the stepps and into the building, and almost immediately upon entering the room, the air stiffened as all eyes gazed at him.

Among them, Shining Armor cleared his throat and looked down at the map. "As I was saying.....our scouts reported a weak spot in the city's defenses, we should strike as soon as possible!" He stated.

Fang walked over to a corner in the room and leaned against the wall as someone else spoke. "Your plan is foolhardy Shining Armor, even if you get into the city, we don't have the numbers to keep the undead at bay long enough to defeat Sombra!" Countered an old gray stallion.

Fang sighed and looked up at the ceiling, appearing bored, but that was when Shining looked over to him and shook his head. "We have more than enough." He started.

Shining looked back and motioned Twilight over, she seemed to be carrying a small brownish red box, Fang eyed the box curiously.

"What's in the box Armor?" Asked the stallion.

With that, Twilight opened the box, revealing five necklaces and a crown, all with different gems. "The Elements of Harmony!" Gasped one of the strategists.

Fang raised an eyebrow and chuckled quietly, no one seemed to notice however, then Shining spoke up. "With these, we simply need to hold off the undead long enough for my sister and her friends to defeat Sombra." He said confidently.

At this the older stallion seemed to go into deep thought, he then looked at Shining with a skeptical look. "And what if Sombra defeats them?.....if he gains the Elements of Harmony, all will be lost." He replied.

Fang could not help but let out a chuckle, this time everyone in the room turned to face him. "What's the problem wolf?......do you have no patience for strategy?" Asked one of the strategists.

Fang looked at Shining with a grin. "Your betting all of our lives on six mere gems!?......don't make me laugh!" He said with an amused tone.

Shining's right eye visibly twitched at the disrespect that Fang seemed to be showing, he stomped his hoof down and looked at Fang firmly.

"Do not underestimate the Elements of Harmony!......you know nothing of their power!" Shining shouted.

Shining then pointed at the Elements. "Those 'gems' as you put it, contain more power then all three of the princesses combined, not even Discord can stand up to them!" He stated.

Fang sighed and walked over to Shining Armor and stared him down firmly. "Uh huh.....you keep telling yourself that bub....I can tell you for a fact, that all you need to do to avoid the Elements.....is take one short step to the right.....if Discord wasn't so cocky, he would have won....." He then walked towards the corner he was In and looked at the strategists around the table.

"And another few things....one, I could defeat Sombra with my bare hands if I felt like it....." He let that comment sink in for a second before continuing. "And about that little snipe about me not having patience for strategy, you are partially correct.......you see, I have no patience for the terrible 'strategy' that I'm hearing from your traps.....so shut up and let me think." He said bluntly, leaving everyone's mouths hanging open.

The room fell quiet for what felt like forever until Shining Armor spoke. "Ignoring the outburst." He said in complete disregard of Fang's words. "I believe that this is our best shout at defeating Sombra......agreed?" He asked the room.

"Agreed!" Everyone shouted.

Fang simply sighed and walked towards the door, he opened it but looked back at the others. "So be it." He said quietly before leaving.

As Fang walked towards the center of town, he heard Spirit and Soul laughing as they materialized. "That was so hilarious!" Soul blurted out.

Spirit slowed his laughing and looked at Fang. "That was so wrong, but still funny." He commented.

Soul soon slowed her laughing down to a grinding halt, and looked at Fang with a serious expression. "So, I guess this means we're going through with your plan?" She asked solemnly.

Fang paused in his walking, but silently nodded before continuing his trek.

Spirit looked around and sighed before looking at Fang. "It's for the best, if anything, it'll close this chapter of our story." He said quietly.

Fang looked up at the sky and noticed that it was already nighttime. "Strange." He said, he then noticed a large star up in the sky and chuckled. "Wonder how this will turn out." He said before walking off.

Soul and the others were then walking off towards the blacksmiths when Soul saw a small white flake fly by her, she stopped and looked up at the sky, she saw a rather bright blue star and smiled, she chuckled and started following the others.

_____*meanwhile, the Crystal Empire.*_____

Sombra overlooked the city from the destroyed observation room at the top of the castle, he watched as the demoralized crystal ponies mined his black crystals and he watched as the undead patroled the streets. He looked out onto the horizon and saw the fading sun out int he distance, it was at this moment that he sighed and closed his eyes. 'Soon, it won't be long now.....' Thought the dark king.

Sombra opened his eyes. "Let it begin." He said quietly.

PreviousChapters Next