• Published 5th Nov 2014
  • 26,703 Views, 5,268 Comments

A little loopy. - FaelaArts



Sweetie Belle gets stuck in a time loop.

  • ...
111
 5,268
 26,703

PreviousChapters Next
L9

Sweetie’s ninth loop began with a simple idea. ‘I don't want to see my friends.’ The idea slowly formed into a theory; could she skip school for an entire loop? She could probably fudge two days from Rarity and Twilight, but the other three would require her to actually not go. Sweetie bit her lip.

I could probably do it, but is it worth it? I mean, sure any effects it causes will be gone by next loop, and I’ve always wanted to play the bad filly. Plus, I really don’t want to have to go through that talk with Bloom and Scoots. Should I do it…’ Sweetie debated it as the sun slowly rose behind her.

“Sweetie Belle, wake up, it’s time for school!” Rarity’s voice barely registered on Sweetie, as the idea, as stupid as it was, slowly grew more and more appealing. Besides, she did need time to copy over her notes and double check them. Sweetie sat there for a few more moments, before shrugging and standing up, letting the paper plane in her magic drop.

Oh why the heck not. You only loop once.


“I’m not feeling too well sis.” Sweetie stumbled down the stairs to where Rarity was, holding her head. Rarity placed two plates of pancakes down, and put a hoof on the filly’s head.

“You are a bit warm, do you want something to eat? I made your favorite.” Rarity smiled as she levitated a plate in front of Sweetie, who had to cover her mouth and stop herself from throwing up. Sweetie would never tire of pancakes, but it was important for her act.

“No-urp-thanks.” Sweetie swayed slightly and lowered her head.

“Wow, you really are sick. Alright, I’ll go tell Apple Bloom you won’t be coming today shall I? You go back to bed and sleep this off.” Rarity watched as Sweetie nodded, and slowly walked back upstairs. Turning, she headed toward the door to break the news to Apple Bloom

Sweetie closed her door and levitated the paper plane once more, sighing as her headache cleared. Nothing was more convincing than a headache, and saying no to her favorite food. Now she just had be in bed at midday for when Rarity came to tell her she was going to Manehattan, and she was set until Wednesday.

Alright, let’s check over my notes while I have time.’ Sweetie slowly rifled through her paper, and began to read.

Time loops

Ways to get out:
1: Death(sometimes).
2: Stopping the cause(usually).
3: Performing the right sequence of events to find the ‘true’ loop(sometimes).
4: Cleaning up the world, or scrubbing it with toothpaste(never, but sounds like fun).
5: Kill the mastermind(Sometimes).

Tested:
Having people in same room as me.
Leaving something outside room.
To be tested:
Being outside room.

Objectives:
1: Deal with DT and SS.
2: Get CM, and get friends said CM.
3: Learn every question going to be asked during school so I don’t have to listen during class.
4: Win snowball fight.
5: Get out.
6: Get DT and SS to become CMC.
7: Regain friends

Alright, so I’ll test being outside my room once I’ve copied the notes and put them into my saddlebags. I’ll take two of the loop books, the ones that have the most information, as well. Oh! I almost forgot, a note for myself in case me leaving means I restart at loop one with no memories.’ Sweetie nodded, that sounded like everything she would need. All that was left was to wait for Rarity to come up, and get to work


“I’m sorry Sweetie, but you can’t miss a third day.” Rarity had come on Wednesday right on cue, and had quickly convinced Twilight to force Sweetie to go to school. Sweetie decided it was a good time to test her acting skills, and was currently pouting, giving both angry glares as she grabbed her saddlebags, and marched away from her home.

It took a little longer than expected to make notes of everything. I’m exhausted.’ Sweetie stifled a yawn as she paused, looking back to make sure Rarity and Twilight couldn’t see her. Sweetie decided the treehouse was the best place to hide while she skipped. It would be one of the first places they’d look, but she didn’t want them to think she had gone missing.

“All that’s left is to write myself a note to leave on the table, but I can do that on Friday.” Sweetie plopped her saddlebags down, and opened one. Pulling out one of the loop books, she opened it and sat down to re-read it. Sweetie felt she had been pretty extensive her first time, but it didn’t hurt to go through it once more.

Sweetie’s ear flicked as a bell sounded off in the distance. Time sure flew when she was reading. Packing up the book, Sweetie left the treehouse and began to trot back home. Once she got on the path, she turned and walked down the path she would normally go coming back from school.

“Welcome home Sweetie, have a good day?” Rarity smiled warmly as Sweetie entered, and she beamed a smile in response. Sweetie knew Rarity would notice if she told an outright lie, but she had only asked how her day was.

“Yep!” Sweetie trotted toward the stairs and up to her room before Rarity could enquire further. The mare chuckled, and returned to her work on a gown.

Three down, two to go.’ Sweetie was feeling pleased about her acting skills. So far; everything had been easy. Why, if Sweetie had known she could skip school this long before this loop, she would have done it ages ago.

The next morning, breakfast was interrupted by a knock at the door. Rarity opened it to see a nervous Cheerilee at the door.

Oh, Sugar Honey Iced Tea.’ Sweetie kept her face innocent but curious as both glanced to her.

“Uh, hello Rarity. I was just coming to make sure Sweetie Belle was ok. Will she be attending class today?” Cheerilee smiled warmly as she looked at Rarity, who narrowed her eyes and looked slowly toward Sweetie.

“Yes, just as she attended class yesterday, did she not?” Rarity watched her sister for any signs of guilt or the ‘busted look’, but found nothing but innocence. Rarity had never known her sister was such a good actor.

“No, Sweetie Belle wasn’t in class yesterday.” Cheerilee looked at Sweetie as well, and both slowly approached the filly.

“Very well, would you please explain why you didn’t go to class yesterday Sweetie Belle?” Rarity leaned forward and looked Sweetie directly in the eyes as she shrugged.

“I got lost.” It was an obvious, and poor excuse, but it caused both to pause and share a glance.

“Cheerilee, would you be a darling and escort Sweetie Belle to school so she doesn’t get ‘lost’ again?” Rarity smiled pleasantly at the teacher, who gave a slow nod as she bit her lip.

“Uh, sure, are you ready to go Sweetie Belle?” Cheerilee began to back toward the door. Sweetie stood up and beamed a pleasant smile at them both as she picked up her saddlebags, and trotted merrily out the door.

“See ya Rarity.” Sweetie paused and waited for Cheerilee to start walking as well, before trotting toward the school once more. Cheerilee picked up the pace, trying to keep up with the filly. Turning the corner, she blinked, Sweetie Belle was gone.

Sweetie hid in the bush as Cheerilee began to look around, before biting her lip and rushing back to Rarity’s. As she realised there was an evil smile on her face, she winced as guilt laced through her. Turning, she quickly began to run toward the edge of town.

Ignore the guilt, they won’t remember this after Friday anyway. And even if they do, this isn’t going to damage me beyond a grounding and an armed escort to school for a week or two. If this is what it takes to get out, I’ll gladly accept the punishment.’ Sweetie dove into the treeline as Rarity and Cheerilee jumped out of the corner, and began scanning for her. Sweetie felt her heart beating fast as they slowly approached her hiding spot, and stopped.

“Tch, when I find Sweetie Belle she is grounded for a month!” Rarity stomped her hoof as she began to trot away. Cheerilee followed closely behind, before she paused and sighed.

“I’m really sorry Rarity, but I have to get to the school, the kids are waiting for me.” Cheerilee bit her lip again, and glanced in the direction of the school. Rarity paused, and gave a nod.

“No problem, I’ll get my friends to help me search for her. Ask Apple Bloom and Scootaloo if they know where she’s hiding, and join us after school.” Rarity and Cheerilee split, and slowly left Sweetie alone.

This is getting serious. Rarity I can handle, but Twilight too? She probably has some sort of tracking spell too. I’ll have to be extra super sneaky if I want to not go to school today and tomorrow. But I don’t want Rarity to worry, I’ll have to make sure to be found right as school ends. Oh! I know just the place’ Sweetie smiled, and slowly looked around. It would take a lot of effort to sneak all the way into her room, but Rarity’s face when she realised she had been there the entire time would be priceless. Sweetie winced as another stab of guilt passed through her.

I’m going to have to grow a heart of stone eventually. I don’t think I’ll be able to cope with hearing Apple Bloom and Scootaloo do...that...every loop.’ Sweetie sighed quietly as she snuck into the house and up to her room, closing the door. Turning, she closed the curtains on her window, and sat down to continue reading her book.

After a while, she heard Rarity return, and glanced at her ‘borrowed’ clock. School had ended. There was the sound of multiple hoofsteps, Sweetie felt a giddy smile fall on her face. This was it, time to make her appearance. Oh, this would have to be her best acting yet. Sweetie breathed in, and slowly walked down the stairs, a curious look on her face.

All seven faces slowly turned toward her, and blinked. Sweetie looked between them in confusion, and tilted her head. Rarity’s eye twitched, and she leered over Sweetie.

“Where have you been?” Rarity’s eye twitched as she breathed heavily over Sweetie. Sweetie frowned, and pointed to her room.

“I’ve been in my room all day, why?” Sweetie turned back to Rarity, and blinked, taking a step back as her face got even closer.

“Why did you leave Cheerilee's side?” Rarity forced herself to step back. Behind her Cheerilee bit her lip.

“I forgot something, so I raced back home to get it. When I got back to where Cheerilee was, she was gone. I came to the house to find you but you were gone as well. You told me Cheerilee was gonna escort me to school, and I thought you’d be angry if I went by myself. So I waited for you to come home.” Sweetie looked down at her feet and scuffed the ground, crouching as she shivered under Rarity’s gaze.

Rarity tried to find a possible way that Sweetie could be lying, but the filly’s behavior was simply too truthful to be anything but honest. Turning, she glanced toward Applejack, who narrowed her eyes.

“Ah can tell you’re lyin’, Sweetie.” Applejack watched as the filly growled, and stood up straight. Sweetie suddenly looked a lot more serious, and a lot less innocent.

“Darn, I was so close too.” Sweetie folded her ears back and glared at the wall. Curses, that was why she’d been trying to avoid lying. Sweetie had fallen for the obvious trap, and now she was going to pay for it. Rarity stepped forward, eyes blazing fire.

“You’re grounded for two weeks, and I will personally carry you to school tomorrow.” Rarity turned and bid her friends farewell. Sweetie lowered her head and sighed. No matter, it was only for one day. Sweetie supposed skipping school for an entire week would have to wait for another loop.


Sweetie slumped on her bed and sighed, she was exhausted. It wasn’t the fact Sweetie had been carried like a foal to school, or the laughing of the other students, that had caused her to feel like this. It was the fact that she had been actively avoiding Scootaloo and Apple Bloom all day.

They were playing with Diamond and Silver, which means the previous loop was correct, they now become friends while also kicking me out. I’m not sure how to solve that though. Maybe if I go to school next loop.’ Sweetie closed her eyes and sighed, rolling into a sitting position and grabbing a piece of paper. Pausing, she began to write.

Dear Sweetie Belle, if you are reading this, you have indeed lost all memory of the events that led to this note. If Saturday exists for you; congratulations on getting out of the loop. (You won’t have any memory of this, but it still deserves congratulations.) If Saturday does not exist, you are still stuck, and my memory has been erased. Here is what you need to know:

Sweetie began to briefly describe all the loops she had been in, and placed it on the top of a pile of papers, the copy of her notes. Picking up her saddlebags, she triple checked all the correct papers were safely secured. Levitating the clock over, she waited as time slowly ticked by.

11:58

Sweetie snuck slowly out of the room and turned to look toward it, standing in the hallway. Beside her levitated the clock, taking the place of a paper plane for now. Sweetie breathed in, and waited.

11:59…

12:00

Sweetie watched as every piece of paper in her room, including the books from Manehattan, vanished. Sweetie peeked her head in, the teddy bear she had thrown outside was back in its proper spot too. Sweetie unpacked her notes, and sat back down on her bed.

Ok, so now what do I do?

Author's Note:

Here is another poem made by: Divine Path

The approach of that something has been halted,
that creature of darkness
lurking in the hearts of all touched by this infinite nightmare.
Presently,
you must strive for that light
lest it flickers and fades with the coldness
of this single, solitary,
never fortnight.

PreviousChapters Next