• Published 24th Apr 2012
  • 5,030 Views, 55 Comments

Duality - RaijingtheClockworkPony



A young man must choose between two worlds, but can he?

  • ...
11
 55
 5,030

When Gods Talk

Mister sat on a small chair on a rather calm and beautiful night. The stars shone brightly and the moonlight was almost playful in a way. He reached over to lift a cup of tea to his lips. It was rather good all things considered to him.

"Could use some more sugar though."

He heard the door to the balcony open behind him. He placed the cup gently back down on its saucer and turned to greet the alicorn that had just walked outside.

"Looking radiant as ever Celestia. Would you like me to get you something to eat?"

She shook her head. "No thank you. I'm fine. I must admit, however, that I was surprised that you wanted to see me again. I thought you would be off doing whatever it is that you tend to do."

She sat down across the table from him and used her magic to prepare her own cup of tea. Mister adjusted his tie and took another sip before pressing on.

"I was wondering how the love birds are doing?"

She finished her sip and gave him a welcoming smile. "They are set to get married on the Solstice. All of Equestria couldn't be more happy for them. I must say I approve of the stallion you chose for Luna but that does bring me to the question that has nagged me since you made—"

"—the offer to do anyone thing you wanted me to? Let's just say that I made a promise to an old friend and I intend to uphold my end of the deal."

He noticed her raised eyebrow. He sighed, leaned forward, and placed his elbows on the table. "I made a promise to a dying friend that I would help out their... descendents for the rest of time. So I go around all of reality helping them by giving them favors."

Celestia saw his expression change to remorseful, his smile even faded. She reached across the table and gently touched his hand. His smile returned. He chuckled a little and patted her hoof.

"Thank you for your support but I must say I have accepted this fate. The Solstice huh... I suppose that would make the most sense. Longest night of the year. Clever pair those two, planning the wedding on that date. Must have something planned for the night."

He watched with amusement as Celestia blushed deeply at the implied action. "I don't think that is appropriate to talk about. However I must thank you for bringing Pluto to her. I have never seen her happier."

Mister chuckled to himself but was interupted in his amusement by another question. "Why an alicorn? Wouldn't any other type have worked just as well?"

He tilted his hat back. "That was your doing actually"

Celestia gave him a confused look. He leaned forward some more and spoke in her voice. "'I want you to find somepony she can love for the rest of her life. Somepony she will always be happy with.' Can you see my logic now?"

She let a small gasp. "So he's..."

Mister nodded. "Yup. He's immortal because she's immortal. Can't love someone until you die if you don't die."

Celestia looked at him with a thankful smile. He leaned back in the chair and sighed. "Though I will never understand why you chose to make her happy instead of yourself. I could have found you the perfect stallion."

Celestia let out small laugh. "I have already found a 'stallion' for me. I just need some time to convince him to change a little bit for me. Thank you for what you have done."

Mister chuckled and rose from his seat. "Well I guess you could have time for that if he could just stop being stoned for a moment or two to listen to you." He removed his hat and bowed to her, "I must bid you a fond farewell. I hope that this will stay a secret between us, and also I'll give you my well wishes for the happy couple seeing as I can't."

With a flash and the sound of a whoopee cushion deflating mister disappeared. Celestia finished her tea and cast her gaze down to the gardens where a very familiar statue was sitting.

"I hope so too."

Comments ( 17 )

Well that was short but interesting celestia + discord I'm guessing

Bravo, bravo. Hmm, I always wondered, why is it 'bravo', or 'brava'? Who came up with the words to accompany applause anyway?

It was good while it lasted :pinkiesad2:
Great fic, I really like it :pinkiehappy:
Good luck with your future and current stories :raritywink:

A heartwarming story. Exactly what I was looking for. Bravo sir. You are a better author than I. I will have my eye on you

Awesome story I liked it alot :twilightsmile:

Great story! it was well done. the way you wrote this is fantastic it could be made a series because of the way you wrote it. i hope you do another story like this one.

Comment posted by darkrider5 deleted Jan 26th, 2013

Very well done best i've read of all the fanfics i have read so far

I hope you do a sequel some time when you have time

This story really doesn't have the recognition it deserves. It was one of the first fanfics I ever read and is still one of my favourites to this day :pinkiehappy:
I hope you make a sequel for this, because I would love to see how Luna and Pluto's relationship continues :raritystarry:
Anyway, amazing story, keep up the good work! :twilightsmile:

Not bad. Very good. Did like. Sequel? :duck:

well worth the time i spent to read. it was simple and well written. bravo i say. will there be a sequal?

ppplllleeeeaaaasssseeee:applecry::fluttercry::applecry::fluttercry:

3454580 There might, I've had this idea of following Discord and Celestia for a fic.

very good well done

That was absolutely fantastic. A few minor complaints here and there, but overall it was a great read. Defiantly needs more recognition, that's for sure!

Login or register to comment