• Published 5th Sep 2014
  • 4,102 Views, 192 Comments

Room 219 - LastAmongEquals



A pony has to pay the bills somehow...

Comments ( 37 )

Well, there you have it. I have no idea what my next project will be, or if there even will be one, but I'd like to thank you all again for sticking with me through this ride. It's been fun. :raritywink:

5097589
If there won't be any more projects, I will crai, and you don't want that. Trust me. I am trustworthy.

You have great talent and it would go to waste if you didn't write more horse-words. That would ultimately lead to more crai, and I'm guessing not only from me. So please write more sensual, comical and introspective pieces of art made of pastel pony. Or face the crai :fluttercry:

5097589 Not at all! Thank YOU for such a wonderful story :pinkiehappy:

This roller coaster...

Man, you did a stellar job on this fic. The emotional highs and lows of our main character... just...

Well done. :yay:

This story:
derpicdn.net/img/download/2012/7/22/52634__safe_twilight+sparkle_animated_scootaloo_sweetie+belle_apple+bloom_adorkable_the+cutie+mark+chronicles_pronking_yes.gif

Honestly, I loved this story. Don't really have much to say. Although I kind of wish that High Society got a little more severe punishment. I mean, he's raped three ponies! He should have his flank hauled off to the Canterlot Dungeons for raping Dust Cloud. Poor Dusty. :applecry:

I never thought a fic like this would have a genuinely engaging story to go along with the, ahem, "story". Props to you, good sir.

This is - the perfect ending.

You rock out loud. I can't gush enough about this. I'd write another review but I don't have much to add. :D

Comment posted by Boneywings deleted Jul 19th, 2021

That is how you end a goddamn story. All my favs, and thumbs up, and hooves up, and wings up, and whatever else I can hold up.

Absolutely fantastic. I can't critique this. There is nothing to critique. This has gone from a story that piqued my interest to the second best character driven clopfic I have ever read on the site. Bravo.

Also, if you like A State Of Trance, you should try listening to A Future Sound Of Egypt. They're my favorite trance show :yay:

5098307
Thanks, mate, it means a lot. And yeah, I have di.fm on pretty much daily at work, so I get ASoT, Future Sounds, Skylarking, and all the good shows. :D

5097802 Ha, I think your first review was complimentary enough. :raritywink:

5097606
Please no. No crais. Such tear. Many feel. So write.

A great end to a great story. I really enjoyed this.
i.imgur.com/DiN4IKW.gif

I kind of want to see sequel that has a Dust/Tinker Footlight/???? double date.

Gah! I'm so sad this is over. I think I grew a little over attached to Dust, I really love him as a character. I'd definitely love to see him in any other works, and as silly as it sounds, I'd love more M/M clop with him... I like Copper too. I won't go on a super complex, anylizing rant here about how much I adore this story here, but I just might do a post about it somewhere.. Maybe even some artwork.:pinkiehappy:

5127357 Thank you! I can't say if anything will happen with Dust in the future, but I'm glad you connected with him. As a writer, that's a win for me. :twilightsmile:

Well, This story certainly deserves a like and a Favourite!

5189153 Haha I see what your saying but In some countries like mine, College costs alot of money :pinkiegasp:

This was a good story to start with but the romance with Tinker at the end seemed extremely rushed to me and a bit forced.

Over all it was okay after that.

5338456
To properly answer that would be an entire thesis on headcanon, but simply put, I see it as the all-encompassing power that creates Equestria. It grants ponies their abilities and cutie marks, and chose Celestia and Luna as its avatars, and then the M6 after them. It's essentially a non-sentient deity-type power.

5351792
I've mentioned this before, but I'm an old fart among pony fans, and when I was in school the rule was still that a double space always follows a full stop. It's habit, even though the rule is really more of a suggestion in the digital age. I like the way it looks, frankly.

all things about plot and setting aside
wow , guess i should have taken heed of the dark tag , cause i was expecting this to progress into an increasingly cloppy fic about the protagonist but it instead turned into a downward spiral of the protagonist becoming an anorexic sex addicted self loathing rape victim who bleeds near the end.........

M'kay... liked, favorited and this goes into my recommended fics.
That's all I need to say. :twilightsmile:

Also:
5340826
Perhaps an idea for one of your future writings? :trixieshiftright:

5384862
Actually, a past one. One that isn't on this site, but if you PM me I'll let you read it.

5384068
I'm a story whore. Everything has to get dramatic around me. :rainbowlaugh:

If someone had told me when I bought into this fandom that at some point I would be so emotionally invested in some fanfiction about original characters only featuring gay sex, rape, and self-mutilation, I would have looked at them funny. You've danced through a minefield of cliches and didn't set off a single bomb, which is a feat in itself, and I was really blitzing through this story to keep getting to the next part; I felt so bad for Dust and I seriously, genuinely wanted someone to just give him a hug and tell him it would all be okay. That he was crumbling from the inside while deluding himself was something I didn't start to suspect until too late, and when it all comes crashing down and he hits bottom, it's a very heavy landing, and the climb back up was just prolonged enough and infinitely rewarding. From a guy who doesn't really read gay clop to a guy who doesn't really write it, I loved this story, no homo.

5834486
Awww... Thank you so very much! I'm very glad you enjoyed it. :twilightsmile:

I don't think I've ever encountered a character in a fic that I wanted to hug more than this poor little guy. At some point I had started a little mental incantation... please somepony hug him, hold him tight and stroke his mane and tell him it's okay, as if I could wish it hard enough to make it happen. I'm glad it did. You pulled off that thing where the reader sorta knows they're going to get what they want, but it's executed well enough that I could still lose myself in the story and enjoy the moment.

I do want to echo one criticism you've already heard... that of Dust's 'light switch' personality change where he just sorta starts liking it suddenly. An additional scene could perhaps have fixed this. There's nothing wrong with the scenes that are there, it just seems like another one could have better bridged that gap. Something to keep in mind for the future.

Another thing to keep in mind for the future... The dramatic tension just sorta fell apart and dissolved towards the end. The fic could have ended with the scene where Tinker took Dust out to her little special place, and it could have been a satisfactory ending. You mentioned that you had some concerns with the ending as well... it seems to me that the core of the issues was an attempt to tie up every loose end and satisfy everypony, when it wasn't strictly necessary. The heart of the conflict was Dust realizing that he needed to get help. Admitting that was the climax. The last meaningful piece of that conflict was concluded when Dust decided he was ready to talk to a professional about the rape. While it's nice to know that he lived happily ever after, the depth given to the discussion of housing and the therapy session feels extraneous. Nice, but doesn't really serve a purpose... like petting a dog. The reader can pretty much infer that things are looking up when he and Tinker share special time in the woods. As for the last clop scene, I'll make no further comment than the observation that it was an epilogue and not really part of the story.

Your writing is really really good. The grammar and sentence structure and narrative voice and all that good stuff is all proficient. The only flaws there are the tiny glitches like a professional pianist missing that one little tiny note. Half the audience doesn't even notice, and the other half doesn't care. I hope you know how good your writing is, because it has that little intangible feeling I notice with authors who are comfortable with the act of writing, like a pianist who can play with their eyes closed and just follow the music. It's neat and good and I just wanted to point it out but this I'm starting to sound awkward so let's just move on...

Despite the flaws later on, the dramatic tension was handled very well before then. The internal conflict was great, despite its bumps. Perhaps the greatest aspect of this fic is the main character, who is pretty much exactly what he needed to be for the story. I liked him. I felt bad for him. I wanted to hug him. And that rape scene hurt, holy hell. Do you need a hug? Because I do.

If you're one of those authors who sets your highest goal as evoking feels in the reader, you've succeeded. Not just because of the parts that hurt, but also the parts that healed and the parts that satisfied my growing need (no pun intended) to see him hugged and loved.

Like. Favorite. Hug. <3

I hope this comment-turned-review is somehow helpful and/or encouraging!

5863334 Your metaphor is highly apt, as I am also a rather experienced pianist. :moustache:

Thanks so much for your review. I very much appreciated it. I definitely understand what you're talking about for the weak point to the story, because I realized as I was writing it that I needed to advance the plot more than I needed to fill in all the holes along the way—partially because it was just getting too damned dark to hold an audience for the whole ride. My hope is that the reader can at least imagine for himself that there were things that happened in the meantime without needing it all to be written out, because I like leaving things for the reader to imagine for themselves. Most of the time, the reader's imagination is better than what I can paint in words anyway, so why not use it? :twilightsmile:

If nothing else, your comment definitely told me that I accomplished my mission in writing Room 219.

This was one of the best fan fictions I have ever read, the way the story was set out was amazing and it had emotion, half way through I felt extremely sorry for the little guy with his little incident but by the end happy for him because of the way he had turned his life around, I really with there where more stories out their like this one you have a tramendus talent with story writing and I wish you the very best for the future if you decide to continue writing.

Alright....

Sweet gods above, I finally fell into the temptation. I had this story recommended to me by a friend ages ago: I have been putting off reading this damn thing for months. I was uncomfortable with the idea of the story, not because it was a clopfic, but because of this unimaginable territory that I had trained myself to avoid for years:

Prostitution.

The thought of purchased sex, no matter how consenting it could be, just downright terrifies me. It scares me just thinking about allowing oneself to consent to the act. Some view it as a way of entertainment, saying that it is innocent in its own way, as represented by multiple sources all across the web, but it really does just scare me and make me sick. I just see too many bad endings, specifically rape.

And my fears were reinvigorated by High Society. I'm still extremely uncomfortable even after the story's conclusion. As weak as it is to say, I almost had to stand up and vomit halfway through.

But you managed to keep me reading despite the territory. Here's a round of applause for making me like a story based upon a revolting idea. But to bring this stupid comment to it's actual point:

Fuck you for making me like this and twisting my thoughts in the worst way possible.

Tldr; Thanks for making me feel sick in a somehow good way. You're the best/worst.

P.s. If you see this Soaring, god damn you.
P.p.s. Seriously though, your writing of Dust's emotions and every other character? Phenomenal.

6986051

P.s. If you see this Soaring, god damn you.

You know you love me for showing you this. :raritywink:

7055668
Maybe...

Alright. I do. :heart:

I may be late to the party, but after finally reading this from my Read Later list I find this story phenomenal. I thoroughly enjoy it, the themes although deemed dark are quite handled with stark. This is incorporated into the list as one of my top favourite stories, ever. I thank you for typing this all up, as well for the help from others who pitched in for ideas:twilightsmile:.

jxj

wow, this turned out way better than I expected. Well done

Well, after being badgered to read this, even though gay makes me hurl, very well done!

This was one of the best stories I've ever read. Too real, in the best possible way, and resonated so deeply with me and my own personal trials. I identify on so many levels with Dust, Tinker, Shadow, and Breeze <3 Is there any fanart of them around? I'd love to make my own to show my appreciation for this story. Instant favorite.

Login or register to comment