• Published 29th Jul 2014
  • 1,776 Views, 103 Comments

Manehattan Blues - Samey90



It takes some small-town fillies a while to learn it's everypony for herself in the big city. But Babs isn't a small-town filly...

Comments ( 22 )

4979409
I guess every guy did... Though he had it coming :pinkiecrazy:

4979473
Well, Babs acquired lots of negative karma by mugging somepony who looks that adorable:
derpicdn.net/img/2014/8/17/701980/large.png
It just couldn't go unpunished...

You sure know how to end stories, Samey. I enjoyed every chapter of this and you've created a wonderfully dark universe to base even more stories in. Keep on writing.

whoa! Where the BUCK did all these chapters come from? Go from reading the first chapter and I guess I forgot to add it to read later or favs because all a sudden that's like THAT many past the first with a big ol' COMPLETE stamp on it! xD

P.S. Add links to these stories in your latest story and this one with the sequel in its description somewhere.

So many updates in DT stories and new stories. Time to play catch up to see ho wthis ties into the latest one!

(Also, you should totally add Children of Equestria into Children of Equestria group if only JUST BECAUSE! :trollestia:)

4979976
Yeah, it happened to me at least once – I thought I faved a story, then I started to wonder why it doesn't updates and found out that my fav somehow disappeared.

oi62.tinypic.com/vq1ulf.jpg
:trollestia:

5020310
Well, there's one more sequel to go... Don't think I (or Babs) forgot about him... :pinkiecrazy:

5020330 For the record, if a person (like me for example) makes a comment on a chapter of a story, the person won't know they received a reply unless it's made on the same chapter as the comment. (I've tested this several times and know it to be true. What you do with this information is up to you and anyone else who reads these things. FYI: On stories with multiple chapters, I often check the homepage of them for replies unless I make them on the last chapter. :twilightsmile: I don't want to think about what this info says about me. :facehoof: )

5020410
So that's why I only find some replies after a long time... :facehoof: Fimfiction sometimes works in mysterious ways (ie. chapter's word counter is always higher than in gdocs. But I figured why it happens).

5020472
Because fimfiction doesn't count words such as "isn't", "doesn't", "haven't" etc. as one word, but rather as two words, like "isn" and "t", and so on. It's easy to spot in fics with very short chapters.

Well, I finally finished it and I gotta say I should've seen that Coco thing coming back to bite her. Is that 'spoiled filly' Diamond Tiara? (I personally doubt it seeing as how Babs would've recognized her). Training psychos? Oh yeah, that'll work out well (sarcasm).
Lastly, is there some kind of darkness causing this or is this just life? (Personally I hope the former rather than the latter. That kind of evil can be fought and won against.) In the meantime, have a 'thumbs up' on me. :twilightsmile:

5163646
It's not Diamond Tiara – I'm kinda thinking about that spoiled filly as "White Dove who was lucky" (she got caught before she did something worse). Though "lucky" is relative, since she now lives with Babs and the mule (she's named "Ice Nine" in the next story).

Lastly, is there some kind of darkness causing this or is this just life?

Probably a bit of both. Babs' life is hard, but she generally has some choice (her sister, who isn't a nice pony either lived in the same conditions, yet she didn't end up in jail). It's up to her what way she chooses.

I don't want to sound like a kiss ass but this is one of the best stories I've read in a while, mlp or otherwise, and Ive read a lot. Can't wait to start the next one in the series.

5570057
It means "serenity" in Swahili. Generally, my idea was that Lightning got inspired by the description of tortures from some uprising in Zebrica.

Damn...well, when they say that karma's bitch, they weren't kidding. But then again...it was bound to happen when Babs mugged Coco Pommel from the very start of the story. And karma came back and bite her in her sorry blank flank. But hey, after all the shit she been through, what's a few years in boot camp can do to her that she hadn't been through before, right? :ajsmug:

So great story, man. :pinkiehappy:

5771696
Yeah, the boot camp's effect on her was an opposite of what they intended...

11096241
Fair enough. Like I said, minor nitpick.
Overall, I loved the story. The ending made sense and was very satisfying. :twilightsmile:

11328164
Ah, right. It's from this song:

https://m.

11328921
Great choice, it's actually my favorite one

https://m.
Login or register to comment