• Published 25th May 2014
  • 3,248 Views, 58 Comments

The pony of her dreams - theMANEman



When Twilight is summoned to Canterlot at short notice she fears something is wrong. Something much better comes out of Twilight's visit than anypony could have imagined. Celestia doesn't approve but Luna can lead her own life how she wants

  • ...
18
 58
 3,248

Is that what I think it is?

Twilight awoke the next morning on the most comfortable bed she had ever been on. The duvet was so soft and the unimaginable luxury of the Princess's suite surprised Twilight even more than it had last night now that she could take it all in in the morning rays. She rolled over and yawned, pulling the covers back up to her neck with a short blast of purple magic. Not ten seconds after she had done that she was once again disturbed from her rest this this time however by a far less objectionable reason than waking up. Luna opened the doors and came in, quite obviously tired from a long night watching over the nightmares and guarding the dreams of innocent ponies.

"Morning sleepy head!" Luna's voice lighting up when she saw Twilight's body curled up on her bed and moving to get comfortable.
Twilight responded with a noise of her own. "Eurgh, is it already morning?"
"Tia raised the sun over an hour ago! Surely you can't still be tired." Being an Alicorn had clearly caused Luna to forget about the worries of mere mortals, sleep amongst them. You see, an alicorn does not need to sleep but it does help them to refresh themselves and is one of life's little comforts that the Princesses enjoy very rarely.

"Fine I'll get up then." Twilight wasn't very tired as she was usually awake far in to the night and at the crack of dawn also to read this "oh so important" book as Spike put it. In truth, this was the most she had slept in months because after all, running a library could be immensely taxing on the brain.
"Come on Twilight, you haven't even brushed your mane yet and we only have an hour until breakfast in the hall."
"Oh no, an hour!" The mock horror in Twilight's voice was clear for all to hear. "However shall I prepare my self for such an important event that is breakfast?" She lifted a hoof to cover her mouth, going for the Oscar.

This was not lost on Luna, who lifted an eyebrow and tried, unsuccessfully, to conceal her grin. She burst out laughing and fell to the floor, "Oh Twilight, stop it, your killing me!" Unbeknownst to the element holder, her mane had a large section sticking up.
"Luna what in Equestria is so funny," a smirk of bemusement sat upon her face.
In response Luna only used her magic to summon a mirror, her breathing ragged from giggling so much.

Twlight's face face fell, her shocked expression saying everything. Had it been Rarity looking at the mirror, the famous feinting couch would have been needed and Luna would have recoiled for on the ear piercing scream that would ensue. However this being Twilight, her reaction was very different.
"Ohmygoodnesswhatamigoingtodo!" The rant had started and there was no stopping it now. "Mymaneisruinedandnowimgoingtohavebreakfastwithroyaltyand...andilookaweful!" She began to suck in copious amounts of air, trying to recover from her panicky rant.
"Told you so" Luna managed to croak out through side splitting chuckles.

"Luna." A deadly serious voice came from Twilight's mouth. "There is simply one solution," she said whilst getting up from the bed and setting down Luna's mirror.
Luna's smile fell and the expression on her face matched that of Twilight's voice.
"Go on." She said to Twilight and motioned with a hoof.
"I need you to do some powerful magic, that only an Alicorn can do."

"What is it Twilight?"

She sighed. "I need you... to stop time." If those words had been any others then the situation might have turned out better for all parties involved.
For a number of long seconds, Luna in silence, her mouth slightly agape in a most unladylike manner. "Bwa ha ha!" Luna couldn't retain it this time and had hit the floor once more, clutching her belly. "Stop time, ha!" Still shaking on the floor, Luna pointed at Twilight accusingly. "Do you even know how hard that is? It would take both me and Tia to do one on such short notice."

"But Lunaaa," she whined. "I can't go down like this, my mane looks worse than no mane at all!" She crawled over to Luna and snuggled up to her. One last attempt she decided, "Please, I'd do anything for you?"
When she heard those words she knew that Twilight really was desperate to look good for her mentor and friend. Luna knew that whilst Celestia might giggle at the state Twilight was in she certainly wouldn't think anything less of her or mock her over something as menial as a bad hair day.
"Listen to me Twilight, we now have around twenty minutes to be at breakfast I will assist you with your hair until then and then I will depart for my meal, I will give you a further ten minutes to arrive or I will fetch you myself." Twilight bowed her head and dropped the notion of a time stop, resigning herself to be late for breakfast. When the princess of the night herself told you to get your flank in to gear, you did.

Luna levitated a brush and tossed it to Twilight who wrapped the handle in a tendril of her lavender magic. "OK Twilight, get brushing filly, you've got one bad hair day!"
"Thank you Luna," Twilight said.
"Not to worry Twilight, just remember this, you owe me one," a grin crossing her midnight blue face, just thinking of the things she could get Twilight to do.
"Ummmnm yeah, I owe you one princess!" The purple pony started to manipulate the hair brush through her tangled locks.
Luna got out a second brush and gave her own mane a short once over before going over to her mirror and a previously unnoticed box. A simple unlock spell opened the ornately carved miniature chest and revealed its well kept secrets; the make up of Canterlot's one and only Princess of the night.

"Luna, is that what I think it is?" Twilight was in disbelief at the vast array of beauty products and another less appropriate object of Luna's.
Luna slammed the lid of the box down and teleported it across the room to her bed.
"N-n-no, that was um, 'Tia's box so I, um, didn't know that... thing was there." She blushed and lied obviously at this discovery and blunder of her own.
"Why in Equestria did you have your sisters make up box AND know the enchantment," she pressed.
"Well you see, I lost mine and borrowed her make up and." She paused to buy herself a few seconds time but Twilight was having none of it.
"Well? Why was that... item," she let out a shudder of discus. "Still in your possession," she finished with such distain.

"Come on Luna, we must get a grip upon ourselves! Stop panicking and just tell her it is ours, it is even the same colour as our coat for Discord's sake! How couldn't it be ours? We could just erase her memory..." She mused over this point for a few seconds before remembering that was illegal and then that Twilight would hate her forever if she was to find out. "Just be calm, we are all adults and don't say that we haven't thought of her whilst using it. Luna! Focus now, just tell Twilight its ours and move on. Now!"

"Twilight you see really it is..." She trailed off once more before seeing the perfect escape. "Oh my goodness will you look at the time, I need to leave for the dining hall at once."
Dissatisfied with Luna, Twilight moved to block the Princess's path and force an answer out of her but forgot one thing, Luna could teleport and did so right out of the room. Only the sound of a galloping pony could be heard for a few seconds until silence fell once more.

"Did I really just find Luna's... no surely not it must have been something else entirely." The naïve side of her said but she knew that there was no fooling herself, Luna has a sex toy. She made a promise to find out once and for all why Luna had one, and in with her make up! A shake of the head dismissed the issue and set about brushing her mane once more.

Comments ( 14 )

Really good story so far, cant wait for more. I would volunteer for editing, sadly i have dyslexia, but for some reason instead of messing words up, it fixes them, thus making me a useless editor as i cannot see the errors. makes it easier to read though no matter the error/story.:rainbowlaugh:

4675550 good to see you like it! I've got my sister editing for now so at least the story won't have too many errors. She's only doing it for a little while cos her stories on ao3 have slowed down a bit but let's keep on with chapters anyway! To everyone interested in the story I'll be updating more than last month so keep subscribed or whatever.
One last thing, now that the story is established, where do you want me to go with it? Do we want the ships to go nice and romantically or maybe just some domestic dramas once the couples have hooked up? A quest or just leave it short and simple? Im open to wherever you guys want to see!

4829338 see how unimportant he is? :ajbemused: but seriously I don't know how I messed that up, I even reread it and missed that. Oh well I'll go change it now. I need to update this story but I'm laying out another story with notes about Octavia and Vinyl so that's taken over any time that I use to wright

Luna, you naughty girl. Those type of things are usually hidden under one's bed, not one's make-up box.:twilightblush::rainbowlaugh:

5030097 either I'm a lazy writer and that just slipped my mind, or I'll make something up like that flash was knocking about before the events of EQG. (Option one is most likely)

Oh hey this story,... I require more so where is it? WHERE? Meh I can wait

5041013 so is this story dead...or what?

5942836 I kind of forgot about it after the death of my computer and not being able to write on anything, then having my GCSE exams. I'm definitely going to get back to it now that I have a clear schedule.

6209387 great, i cant wait for the next chapter

6209387 so how is the new chapter coming?

6340510
I've finished the writing of it , I'm just waiting for my prereader to get back to me with an edited copy :)

6343340 So, how much longer for the edit to be finished?

6343340
6450232 seriously...it shouldnt take more than 20 weeks to edit

Login or register to comment