• Published 25th May 2014
  • 3,248 Views, 58 Comments

The pony of her dreams - theMANEman



When Twilight is summoned to Canterlot at short notice she fears something is wrong. Something much better comes out of Twilight's visit than anypony could have imagined. Celestia doesn't approve but Luna can lead her own life how she wants

  • ...
18
 58
 3,248

A new arrival

Once again Twilight had only just arrived on time. Out of breath and red in the face she burst in to the same hall as she was in earlier.
"Sorry... Late...sleep...tree...garden...ran...sorry...just...give...second," she panted between laboured breaths before collapsing in the closest chair. Celestia was sitting down and halfway through an elegant sip of tea when Twilight had burst in so spectacularly and remained frozen for a full 20 seconds before setting down her cup and clearing her throat.
"Twilight, you're just in time for the first course," Celestia said as if nothing odd had happened. "Luna ordered snowdrop and crocus salad for you," the smile on Celestia's face warm and loving.
Luna spoke to Twilight now "I thought you'd like to try something new." Twilight thought she saw a little wink as Luna spoke.
"Come up this end of the table, won't you Twilight?"
When Luna mentioned her name, Twilight's ears pricked up and she snapped her neck round to face the younger princess. Now slightly flustered at the thought of Luna wanting her to be nearer to her, even if it was as menial as a seat at a table. A minute later and Twilight had re-seated herself by Luna but the calmness was disturbed by the entry of Cadance who was looking, as always, radiant.

Celestia was already on her hooves and was running towards the hall entrance and embraced Cadance in a protective embrace. "Cadance where have you been, I was worried sick." To an onlooker it would appear that Celestia was Cadance's mother, the way that she was protectively smoothing down her tri-coloured mane and checking her over thoroughly for injury.
"Aunty I'm fine, I'm not hurt in fact I feel wonderful!" Her eyes were wide and the happiness in her voice was clear to hear.
The power now coming through in Celestia as she scorned like a little filly.
"You might be the ruler of the crystal empire now but that doesn't mean you can run away like that." The worried parent streak still clear as Celestia finished her rant. "Where were you, and why didn't you tell anyone you were going anywhere you could have bee-."
"Aunty!" Cadance interrupted as she broke free of the hug. "I'm here now and I'm fine, I was meeting somepony at the station on short notice and I forgot to tell you about it. I'm sorry," she finished feeling thoroughly told off.

Shining Armor had been stood behind the two of them the whole time since he had come in seconds after Cadance but had gone unnoticed. He cleared his throat loudly to announce his presence.
"Shining!" The lavender unicorn was latched on to her BBBFF and hugging hard before anyone had a chance to move.
"Umm hi there Twiley, you seem..."
"Happy to see you," she finished. "Yes I am because its been months since I saw you last and now you here, with Cadance at the same time!"
"Yeah well here we are!" He smiled weekly, and was obviously tired from his long journey from the crystal empire. He kissed Twilight on the forehead, just underneath her horn and unwrapped her legs from around him. "Its great to see you too but right now I'm shattered. Can we hang out with each other in the morning."
"Sure," Twilight chirped, "we can hang out all day tomorrow!"

Shining Armour bade the rest of the dinner party goodnight and went to the door but was stopped by Cadance. She called him back before heading over to Luna and speaking in hushed tones with her.
"Could you send some food up later on, I think my Shining needs something to keep him going. I need some time to get... Reacquainted with him," the obvious meaning of her words not needing to be said.
"Don't worry about a thing Cadance" Luna said, a broad smile on her face. "Enjoy your fine stallion but remember, in an hour the guards will come in with a delectable spread so bear that in mind."
"Oh thank you Luna!" Cadance squealed excitedly, hugging Luna hard before bouncing out of the room to catch up with Shining.

Luna shook her head slightly and turned to Celestia with a confused look on her face.
"Tia, how long has it been since cadance came here with out Shining?"
"Three weeks and no more," the older Alicorn said. "The two must be madly in love if they can't even stand to be this far apart from each other for less than a month."

"So that it what it is" Luna thought. "It seems that I am in love with a mare! Oh my gosh, everypony is going to think I'm some disgusting made for living another one. And its Twilight! I can't stand to be apart from her and she's all I think about. Celestia will banish me again for loving her student when I'm over two thousand years older than her."

She looked around the room and saw Celestia's fork hovering delicately in the air with the tiniest morsel of food on it. At last she would take it no more, her fears of rejection making her feel unwell.

"What if she doesn't love me anymore," she murmured.
"Pardon dearest sister, what was that," Celestia asked quietly.
"Oh um it was nothing, I didn't say anything." Luna got up from the table. "I am going to retire to my room now, if you need me you know where I will be," she finished. No one said anything to object as she walked away. No sooner had she left the hall tears began to well up in her eyes. She ran all the way to her room, past Cadence's suite and to her tower. She layed on her bed and began to weep.

Author's Note:

Im sorry that not much happened this chapter but I thought it was necessary. Next chapter will be split between twiluna and Cadance/ Shining. I might make two short chapters if you'd prefer it though. If you have anything you want me to put in it specifically let me know and I'll try to find a way to put it in.( credit will go to you).