• Published 25th May 2014
  • 3,248 Views, 58 Comments

The pony of her dreams - theMANEman



When Twilight is summoned to Canterlot at short notice she fears something is wrong. Something much better comes out of Twilight's visit than anypony could have imagined. Celestia doesn't approve but Luna can lead her own life how she wants

  • ...
18
 58
 3,248

I love you Twilight

Luna will be the main character in this chapter set right after chapter 5

It had been a few minutes since dinner had ended so abruptly and she had left. Tears were still streaming down her face even after she had told herself to stop being so silly. Deep down she knew that Celestia would always support her, even if she was unsure as to what she believed Luna should do. This served little comfort to the princess of the night as she was above all else, being irrational.
A knock came at the door but Luna ignored it and instead buried herself underneath her silk duvet. Seconds later and the sound came once more. Knock knock knock.
"Luna its me Twilight, please let me in."
"No!" She almost shouted at the smaller pony. "I don't want to see anypony now."
"Luna." Twilight was trying another approach and being stern, trying to get Luna to react to her and let her in. "Let me in now princess, you invited me here and now you refuse to let me in?" Twilight was going to get a shock at what was to come next.

"WE WILL NOT LET YOU IN, NOW LEAVE AND STOP DISTURBING US. THOU SHOULD NOT HAVE COME HERE TWILIGHT SPARKLE, AND YOU HAVE ANGERED US." The distinctive sound of the royal Canterlot voice boomed through the entire spire that belonged to Luna. Not a single word was uttered whilst Luna recovered from her outburst and sat on her bed panting. Coming to her senses Luna at once ran to the door and not caring about her appearance pulled it open with her magic. The sight before her cut through the anger and sadness of the last half an hour since dinner and drop kicked Luna's heart, almost as far as the very moon.
Twilight was sitting on the floor with her tail wrapped around her flank. Her eyes were full of sadness and were starting to well up with tears. Her ears were pressed flat against her head and the final thing to push Luna over the edge was Twilights eyes. Eyes that's pupils were so large and deep that one could get lost in them.
Luna rushed over to Twilight and embraced her with a front leg and her neck.
"Please don't cry Twilight, I didn't mean it." Luna's voice was once again the calm and soothing tone that Twilight was used to.
The princess continued, "I want you to come in and talk, I truly do. Come now." As Luna said this she gently levitated Twilight like one would a baby and carried her to the bed.
Once that Twilight had been set down Luna shut the doors ever so softly and flew a few feet to her bed. The unicorn had already stopped tearing up and was at the sniffing stage as Luna shuffled over to Twilight.

"Goddamnit Luna, pull yourself together." Luna thought to herself as she sat by Twilight. "Its just a hug. She's upset and your comforting her with a hug, no big deal. You'd do the same if it was Discord. She stopped herself there, shook her head and shuddered. She did no want to remember THAT particular part of her youthful years.

Still hesitant, Luna wrapped a leg around Twilight and immediately the two of them melted together filling up the little gaps between them and giving them both a warm feeling inside. Luna felt Twilight's breathing calm to an gentle rise and fall before lifting her head and looking at Twilight's face. Her heart warmed when she looked upon Twilights face and saw tears still flowing. They were tears not of sorrow, but relief happiness and a deep acting all at once. Twilight looked up at her once more and this time a smile played on her lips.

"Thank you Luna, for everything," she said and drooped her head in to the safety of Luna's chest once more. Luna's face lit up when she heard those words and moments later the sounds of a gently sleeping pony.
"I love you Twilight" Luna said quietly and stroked her mane softly.

Author's Note:

Yay another chapter. I know its short again but I promise the next one will be much longer. Trixie in 2 chapters! I'm so nervousited. Also last chapter was pretty much a one off with the whole Cadance/Shining bedroom part. (I wasn't happy with it any more than you guys). Thanks for your support so far