• Published 6th Apr 2014
  • 6,385 Views, 131 Comments

InFAMOUS Second Son: New Adventure - unleashedtwilight



After dealing with the D.U.P. Delsin fulfilled his promises to the Akomish... But now he had something else to do...

  • ...
14
 131
 6,385

Conduit of Magic

Twilight Sparkle walked out of a portal near the space needle, while the portal disappeared without a trace. "Alright... Time to do some research..." She stopped and looked at her own body. She sighed, "I still don't like this body... But I guess I can deal with it now that my magic actually works." She levitated her quill and scroll, taking notes of her surroundings. "This place is filthy..." She cringed walking on the sidewalk. "A lot of interesting paintings on the walls though..." Suddenly without noticing, she bumped into a female civilian.

"Watch where you're going!" The woman exclaimed and paused, obviously shocked to see a girl with purple skin.

"It was an accident, I was just taking notes."

"Why don't you take notes with a smart phone like everyone else??"

"Uh... Smart phone?" Twilight asked. "I've heard of phones, but a smart phone?"

"You're kidding right?" She asked taking her smart phone out of her pocket. "You seriously don't know what this is?"

"That's a phone?? It looks like a brick! Where are the buttons?"

The woman just stared at Twilight with disbelief. "It's a touch screen phone..." She said activating the phone, showing twilight the dial pad. "All you have to do is tap the number. Or better yet, add the number into your phone so you don't have to remember it."

"Fascinating... We don't have these types of phones where I come from." Twilight said in awe.

"And uh... Where exactly are you from? The 80's?" She asked sarcastically. "Almost the whole world uses smart phones."

"Well uh... I'm part of the world who doesn't have it." Twilight smiled sheepishly.

"Oookay then." The woman just walked away mumbling to herself. "Weirdo..."

"Smart phones... Another one to tell Celestia about." She said writing the note down. She then noticed a very big armored vehicle with 'D.U.P.' On it. "Whoa... I've never seen a car like that the last time I was here." She said writing more on the scroll. Just as she was, she then heard a loud siren coming from the mobile D.U.P. Vehicle. "What the...?" She said rolling up her notes.

"Bio-terrorist, stand down!" One of the D.U.P.'s said looking directly at Twilight, pointing a gun at her.

"Bio... What??"

"I said stand down!"

"Wait wait! I don't even know what your talking about!" She stood back a bit. "I'm not a terrorist!"

"Don't even try to fool us, we saw you using your power with that pen of yours."

"Pen?" She asked taking out her quill. "You mean this?"

"Yes, now come with us right now!"

"So I used my magic! Big deal! Why is that bad??"

"It's unnatural and you must be contained!" The D.U.P. said shooting near Twilight.

"Ah!" She exclaimed falling to the ground, staring back at the D.U.P. "Help!!" She closed her eyes expecting to be taken away. However, she had a sudden cool feeling along with a slight breeze. She opened her eyes slowly to see what was happening. She then noticed she was about 200 ft in the air, being carried by what seemed to be an angel. "You're... Not gonna hurt me are you?" The angelic being didn't answer. It was just carrying Twilight to god knows where. Eventually, the angel just let her go on top of a roof top. "Ugh... Where am I...?" Twilight said getting on her feet.

"Hey, you alright...?" A boy asked coming out of hiding.

"Uh... Yeah I'm okay... Wait! Was that angel you??"

"Well, not me directly, but it was one of my angels that I created." The boy said. "I'm Eugene by the way. Eugene Sims." He said shaking her hand.

"It's nice to meet you Eugene, I'm Twilight Sparkle." She greeted him nicely. "Uh, question. How did you know where I was and why did you help me?"

"Well for how I knew where you were, my angels help me with that." He said with a slight grin. "And as for why, well... You're a conduit trying to avoid the D.U.P. Like every other conduit... Including myself."

"By any chance, is conduit another word for bio-terrorist?"

"Yeah... But it really is conduit. Bio-terrorist is just a word that the D.U.P. uses to get people to be afraid of us." Twilight paused and quickly took down some more notes in her scroll. "So... I guess your power is levitation?"

"Well, technically it's magic... Levitation is just a small part of what I can do."

"Magic? I don't think I've seen a conduit with that power." Eugine admitted. "Where are you from?"

"Uhhh... Look, can you keep a secret?" Twilight asked.

"Well, I guess... I don't exactly talk to many people. What is it?"

"I'm not exactly from this world. I'm from a world know as Equestria. A place inhabited by many different types of ponies, myself included."

"Okay... A lot to take in..." Eugene said a little shocked. "You're saying that you're really a pony?"

"Yes, and a princess as well..."

"Oh man, I can only imagine how Delsin would react to this."

"Delsin? Who's that?"

"He's one of my friends."

"What's his power?"

"Well... I guess it's the ability to absorb other conduit's powers. That's actually how we met in person."

"Well, thank you for helping me get out of that little situation..."

"Hey, it's no problem. What are you going to do now?"

"Well, I think I've done enough research in this world... I guess I should be heading back."

"Alright, I'll see you-..." Eugene paused looking at the figure behind Twilight. "No... That's not possible."

"Huh? What's wrong?"

"Get out of here! Run!" Eugene exclaimed jumping off the building letting one of his angels catch him. Another angel was about to grab Twilight as well, but was quickly blasted away by a concrete shot.

"Huh!?" Twilight got a look at the figure behind her. "W-who are you?"

"I could ask you the same thing young lady. It's not everyday you see a human being with purple skin." The figure answered. "Where was that boy headed?"

"Eugene...? Why does that matter?"

"It matters, that's all you need to know."

Twilight felt something strange around her feet. "What the...?" She said looking down only to discover that her feet and lower legs were being covered by concrete. "What!? Wait, stop!"

"I know you're a bio terrorist as well, Twilight. I heard it all." The figure stated bluntly. "I can let you go... Let you leave town. But only if you tell me where Eugene Sims is headed."

"Who... Just who are you!?"

"Brooke Augustine... Head of the D.U.P." She stated. "So what will it be Twilight?"

H-head!? Great, what am I going to do!? I have to get back to Equestria! But I can't just give Eugene after saving me! What am I going to do!?


Refuse to give Eugene away. Give up Eugene
Risk your return to Equestria, and Getting back to Equestria is more
your friends. important than anything else.
Your first step in becoming a hero. Your first step in becoming inFAMOUS.
(Coming Soon) (Coming Soon)


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So, where is Twilight right now?" Delsin asked still practicing with his new found powers.

"She should be back in Ponyville... Although she seemed a bit nervous when she returned." Celestia answered.

"Well, she was being called a bio-terrorist. That's reason enough to be nervous." He stared. "Can't possibly be Augustine. I exposed her for who she really was and got her locked away."

"I'm not sure... I have a feeling that it's something else... Something much more serious."

"How can you tell?"

"I'm not exactly sure... But perhaps we should meet up with her."

"Sure, I'd love to meet the new bio-terrorist of Seatle." Celestia shot a glare of disapproval at him. "Kidding! Jeez, can't you take a joke?"

Author's Note:

I know this is kind of short but I've been really busy lately.... Anyway! Yes, this story will have you choose between good and bad for Twilight. I know what you're thinking: "why would Twilight go bad?" Well, why would DELSIN go bad? Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this chapter. You'll find out more on how Augustine got out in the next chapter: Good or Bad. Either will explain it.

Comments ( 92 )

Twilight wouldn't be one to just backstab someone out of the blue.
Nevermind the fact they only just met.:applejackunsure:

Refuse to give Eugene away. Good

4250484

Yeah but like I said, Delsin wasn't the type of person to be evil.

4250485

Most people decided to go hero too on the game... But there are some that thought the evil ending was bad ass so I'm gonna write both stories... Yup, more work for me.:twilightoops:

It's unnatural and you must be contained!

Um... you did play the game, right? The DUP doesn't care whether or not conduit powers are natural or not, they were created because Kessler, Cole by accident, and The Beast left a really, really bad first impression of conduits on the world. It's not that they're unnatural, it's that they're dangerous.

Augustine is a changeling, calling it now. Also Celestia would probably be able to figure that out, you know, given how old she is.

4250561

I did play the game. I want to give the D.U.P. SOME lines different from the game. Plus every D.U.P. Soldier has their own reasons.

Good choice. Save Eugene.

4250605 Hmm, point taken. Also, good choice. I really can't see :twilightsmile: going the infamous route.

I don't think twilight would give anyone up, so Good

Hm. Well, not all that much better than the first chapter, but we're getting somewhere. Also, can't really see Twilight backstabbing Delsin/Eugene, even though she hasn't met Delsin yet. She doesn't seem like the type. Plus Eugene just saved her life, so there's that.

Though on that topic, good/bad karma choices... I've seen it done before, but it never really ended well. But now onto my main gripe for this chapter: The D.U.P.

If Delsin really did expose Augustine, then the D.U.P. wouldn't have attacked Twilight for being a Conduit. People would have given her a chance rather than them going ape shit over the fact they saw something unnatural, all thanks to Delsin's actions.

Plus there was a LOT of sensitive information being passed between parties for first impressions, same as with Celestia and Delsin. I can understand Twilight needing someone to tell more than Celestia would, but I still don't believe she would up and reveal everything at the drop of a hat like she did.

4250716

Yes but if you played the game you would've seen at the end there were still D.U.P. and people that were against Conduits.

4250731 That's just post game stuff. The game needed to have the people against you even then because nobody likes to do missions where nobody tries to stop you.

I choose Good because that's how I roll (If I ever get the right system for InFAMOUS: Second Son, I'll start off bad just to get it over with!), also Twilight Sparkle and Delsin Rowe are My Favorite Characters (Twilight is My Most Favorite and Delsin is just my Favorite)! :pinkiehappy:

Just to Prove my Point, here are My Favorite MLP and InFamous Characters:
My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic:
01.) Twilight Sparkle (Most Favorite)
02.) Pinkie Pie
03.) Rainbow Dash
04.) Princess Luna
05.) Big Macintosh
06.) Lyra Heartstrings
07.) Trixie Lulamoon
08.) Shining Armor
09.) Flash Sentry
10.) Maud Pie
11.) Queen Chrysalis

InFAMOUS (1 & 2)/InFAMOUS: Second Son:
1.) Delsin Rowe

Yo, Unleashedtwilight, What do you think of the list I made?! :twilightsmile: :pinkiesmile: :rainbowdetermined2:

Evil. Gotta watch out for yourself

Definitely good. Twilight would never backstab friends, and a guy that just saved her would definitely be considered such.

Go good it more like twi

I say evil, have a confrontation between the two sides. That being Twilight versus Delson, where humanity's influence affects her way of thinking on decisions.

Good, then have Eugene alert delsin and celly, create a mission to save her

First off, thanks for the (rather) fast update. We hear a little from Twilight's side of the story, but I wish it would have been a little longer.

But first, I just want to get this little tidbit off my chest:

The angelic being didn't answer. It was just carrying Twilight to god knows where. Eventually, the angel just let her go on top of a roof top. "Ugh... Where am I...?" Twilight said getting on her feet.

"Hey, you alright...?" A boy asked coming out of hiding.

Where the hell did Eugene manage to hide on top of a frikkin' rooftop. Must have invisibility like Delsin or something...

Anyways! I'm voting for Good, because in the game, Delsin taking the Infamous route didn't make a lick of sense, and it wouldn't make any sense even more so here. But it also gives the opportunity to get Twilight (and readers who aren't familiar with the series proper) to learn more about the Conduits. And what better person to teach her that than Augustine?

However, It was rather jarring to see her, seeing how she was arrested according to the "Good" ending, but that leaves another plot hole: if she's arrested and the DUP's shut down (the DUP showing up is just to keep the player keep playing post-game, methinks), why are they still active? Hell, maybe you could have introduced some of the more "evil" inmates of Curdan Cay to introduce what happened post-game (assuming this story takes place after finishing the game, of course). Of all the conduits locked up, surely there were some that were truly evil (remember Hank Daughtry? The repeat offender that escalated his crimes when he got smoke powers?) that wants Twilight for some unknown reason.:pinkiecrazy:

That's all I got to gripe about for now. I hope it's not much. Oh, and here's a grammar mistake I found:

"Well, she was being called a bio-terrorist. That's reason enought to be nervous." He stared. "Can't possibly Augustine. I exposed her for who she really was and got her locked away."

Can't possibly what Augustine. Be careful not to make too many mistakes at crucial junctures. It detracts readers from the story. "Pops the bubble of immersion", I say.

4251227
Celly? You mean Celia? Isn't she dead? You mean Fetch?

Twilight always goes Paladin. Good.

good. Twilight would protect Eugene, if only because he saved her not more than a few minutes before.

4251301 celly, celestia

Good karma. Go for the good choice.

H-E-R-O I would not let Eugene get captured again by ?Augestine?

good karma its more like twilight

Refuse to give Eugene away.
Eugene is a cool guy and good friend.

Write one chapter for the good path, and one for the evil path. Sure, Iit means more work, but it seems cool.

twilight can't be infamous, she has a pure heart man, good karma, hero twilight :twilightsmile:

GO FOR TEH GOOOOOD

I don't know. I kind of want to see infamous Twilight. Bad choice ago!

She should go for the good choice.

You know, Twilight can simply just lie and say Eugene went somewhere else. That way Twilight can go back to Equestria and Eugene will be safe.

Hero Twilight!

4267686 Augustine will probably keep her captive anyways, so no point in lying.

Also, I want good twilight :twilightsmile:... But I do love a bad girl :twilightangry2:. Crap I never good with tough decisions! :facehoof:

never played the game but it is too late now sure it is fun and stuff but i have seeen the story why would i want to play it but great chapter

hero be a hero it's the only way to get good ending

4250508
Definitely sounds interesting! Are you going to do both the good and bad versions all in one chapter? Or are you going to write them separately?

What the Hell is Augustine still doing walking around! The DUP is down, Augustine is likely in prison (or dead if you went bad). This is really interesting, but still, not accurate on these points. I'm still looking forward to this continuing though. I think.

4279946

Seperate chapters. But yes, writing them both.

Login or register to comment