• Published 13th Jan 2014
  • 7,486 Views, 231 Comments

A new Discord - Galaxy Knight



This isn't a story about a reformed or even a changed Discord, this is what happens when someone gets a hold of Discord's powers. Contains many references to TV, anime, video games, movies etc.

  • ...
45
 231
 7,486

A peek into reality

Author's Note:

Consider this my Christmas present to you all: A look at what's to come in the future of this story. Battles will be fought, friendships will be tested, new bonds will be forged, and in the end...the main character dies.

Hope you all enjoy your respective holidays and have a happy new year. I'll see you all in 2015 for the beginning of the Dimensions saga!

You want to know something interesting? When you travel between dimensions you can see into other realities, and as I flew in the space between realities I saw images. I don’t know if they were past, present, or future but all of them seemed to do with me, so I watched them unfold.


I was falling through the air and in front of me I saw a massive air balloon, I extended my arm and it shape shifted into a large jagged blade.
As I got closer and closer I raised my arm and then with one powerful slice I went clean through it; as I continued to fall downwards it exploded above me in a burst of fire.

It was loud, it was huge…and it was glorious


“Wait mister!” I heard her cry.

I turned back around to face her and she had a look of appreciation on her face, but also confusion.

“I appreciate your help but I don’t even know your name.”

I smiled down at the mare, she was something special. Totally innocent and sweet, if a bit of a clutz.

“Me? I am Bedlam.”


I raised my arm into the air and my hand became surrounded with energy and it glowed. “Giga-“

I pulled my arm back and the energy grew and formed a massive metal drill. “Drill-”

I jumped into the air to intercept her in midair. “BREAKER!” The drill created an energy trail behind it and it looked like a missile was being launched as I made contact with her and the drill ripped through her and I passed right through.

When I landed on the ground I retracted my drill arm and the glasses flew back on my face.


“I’m a human from the planet Earth given the powers of a draconequus.”


I smiled. “You guys stay here and guard the castle, keep Celestia and Luna safe and make sure no changelings can get inside. Shining, mobilize the guards and protect as many citizens as you can and leave the army to me.”

Shining Armor ran out of the room as I walked towards the balcony and prepared to take off until I was stopped Rainbow Dash.

“Oh no, I’ve been on the sidelines for too long and after having the wool pulled over our eyes I think it’s about time for a little payback.

“Rainbow I need you to stay here with the rest of the girls.”

“Psch, come on they can take care of themselves. You need me out there, there’s hundreds of them and only one of you and while you may
like those odds we want you back here safe and sound. Besides, you’ve been training me all this time, now seems like a good chance to put it to use.”

I looked at her defeated; I knew she wasn’t going to let this go. “All right fine, hold still.”

She landed on the ground and I put my hand on her forehead, suddenly a white aura began to surround her and her friends looked surprised.

“Power up!” I shouted

Suddenly she went through her transformation, her coat turned pure white and her rainbow mane stood up and the tips waved as if they were on fire. “Aw yeah, that’s what I’m talking about.”

All her friends looked shocked to see this form of her, I looked at them nervously. “Oh yeah, this happened.”

“When?” Pinkie asked.

“Um, about that time we had that race and I faced the shadow hydra.”

Twilight looked shocked. “That was months ago.”

“Look we can talk about me keeping things from you guys later; right now we’ve got a city to save. Come on Rainbow.”


“My mind is 17 years old, my body 20, and my true form at least two millennium.”


I put my arms together and put all my energy into my final transformation.

“Protect the light, unleash the knight!”

I thrust my morpher in front of me and it materialized into a purple, silver, black shield with a sword hilt sticking out of the top. I pulled out the purple broadsword and pointed it to the sky, then a lightning bolt came down and the rest of my armor materialized. It was full plate armor with two wolf heads for pauldrons and a golden crest in the middle, the armor and helmet was also purple and black with a golden belt.

“Fury of the beast, knight wolf!” I shouted.

We were a formidable force to be reckoned with all right, the battle hadn’t started yet but I knew it was going to be legendary and if I survived it would be talked about for centuries to come.


“So when somepony is in trouble I don’t ask questions, I just do. I assume you don’t have a problem with that?”

She shook her head. “No.”

“In that case…” I smiled and turned around. “Allons-y my friend.”


The ponies at the table started tapping on the ground with their hooves, and then the guy in the corner started playing the flute. As soon as I felt the beat and a few words started to form in my head I hopped up on the table and began my ode.

Will: Gather round and hear the tale…

All: Here’s to Princess Twilight!

Will: Of a mare who tried never to fail.

All: Here’s to Princess Twilight!

Will: She’s got a thesaurus up in that head

All: Here’s to Princess Twilight!

Will: Here friends they love her, her enemies dread!

All: Here’s to Princess Twilight!

They slowed down a bit so I could fit more words into the next verses.

Will: There once was a mare from high society

She was socially awkward, that we all could see.

She didn’t want to make friends, not a one-

She was stuck up, hung up, and tried to have no fun.

But when push came to shove she passed the test-

Her friends were a sight, she banished the night, and now she’s the best of the best! Hey!

All: Here’s to Princess Twilight!

Will: The mare I’d follow to hell and back.

All: Here’s to Princess Twilight!

AJ: The kind of girl who can pick up the slack

All: Here’s to Princess Twilight!

Rainbow: A mare who’s anything but dumb.

All: Here’s to Princess Twilight!

Will: May your praise be sung for years to come!


“Girls! You’re not gonna believe this!” Applebloom cried out.

“You got a mysterious gift in the middle of the night to?”

She shook her head. “Not just that, I saw who did it to!”

Oh, that might be bad.

Applebloom began recounting her tale. “So I was just sleeping in my bed right? And then suddenly I heard this thump from the roof. I got up an’ went down stairs to see what all the hubbub was about and I saw a present in the middle of the room! Just sittin there. I wondered who had left it there, thinkin it was my sis or Big Mac, but then I hear another rustling from outside. When I went to the window I just saw a flash of red, but I knew it was something.”

The other two girls seemed off put by this story.

“I don’t know, what do you think mister Bedlam?” Sweetie Belle asked me.

I thought about what it could mean.

Flashback…

I was sitting in Sugarcube Corner, enjoying a nice cup of Pinkie’s double chocolate hot chocolate when Rarity came in looking a bit down in the dumps. She walked to the counter and ordered a coffee but she did so without any emotion, which wasn’t like her at all. Figuring something was wrong I got up to talk to her.

“Rarity, is something wrong?”

She turned around quickly, almost shocked by my presence. “Oh, nothing’s wrong dear, I’m just…tired.”

“Long nights?”

She groaned and rubbed under her eyes. “You don’t know the half of it; I’ve been making dresses by the dozens just trying to sell enough to cover the repairs to the boutique and to get presents for everypony for Hearth’s Warming.”

I sighed. “Yeah, the last giant monster attack really hit the town hard…no thanks to me.”

“None of that dear, you did what you had to to stop it…even if it did cost this town quite a bit in damages.”

Rarity got her coffee and started walking out of the shop, I decided to grab my cocoa and follow her.

At that moment I felt very guilty, I don’t like living with the consequences of my actions so it only made sense that I should try and set things right.

“Tell me something Rarity, what was it you were going to get for Sweetie Belle?”

“Oh, a new mane styling kit. Why do you ask?”

“I don’t think you need to worry about getting it for her.”

“Why not?”

I merely gave her a subtle wink and she understood what I meant.

“You would do that for me?”

I leaned in closer and whispered to her. “Oh not just you Rarity, I’m doing this for all my friends and for everyone in Ponyville, including you.”

“Darling, that’s very sweet.”

I smiled at her compliment. “It's about time I gave back to the community in another way.” I pointed a finger at her. “But you must promise to be in bed by midnight tonight, I can only do this act if everypony is asleep and I’m undiscovered.”

“Of course, but why?”

“Call it an old earth tradition.”

Later that night I had gotten everything ready: I used my magic and my crafting equipment to make dozens of presents for everypony in Ponyville, I put them all in a bag of holding which would keep it lightweight as well as letting them all fit inside, and I planned my route so that it would take the least amount of time to hit all the houses.

Of course no make shift Santa is without an iconic form, so I gave it my own special touch; I took the form of Greninja but I included a skintight Santa costume with the same red suit and white trim cuffs, black belt with golden buckle, and hat. I excluded the boots because I needed the mobility of my frog toes.

At midnight I climbed to the roof of my house with the bag in my fist, the night was clear and I couldn’t risk being seen. The first thing I did was use Blizzard so that a cloud of ice and wind blanketed the city; once there was a veil of cold to hide me I took the bag and began leaping from building to building with my increased agility, freezing my water attacks the minute they left my hands to create icy slides for me to slide upon.

Back to the present…

“I have no idea how they might’ve got there.”

Comments ( 24 )

5423925 Sorry man (or girl) writing takes time, and i'm very prone to procrastination, what with all the video games and such in my home. But don't worry, every chapter I make will be packed with insane action, improbable events, and wonderful characters. This I swear!

5420548
I know, that was just me saying it was good, and the rainbow part was hilarious.

Lol, just saw that Goddess Elysian had the same motion-meme-thingy.

please have more zelda in the next saga :D Will needs to use the master sword it would be so awesome ^_^

5450885 Um...I don't have that planned. If it pleases you I have a chapter planned out where Button Mash and Bedlam get into a duel where Button wields the Master Sword and Will uses the Shadow Saber...

So you have that to look forward to.

5516912 Only one of the coolest Brony musicians ever. He was actually the first one I discovered and remains in my top 5 favorite Brony musicians (top 5 because his stuff is still great quality but i'm not the biggest fan of dubstep and electronic)

Congrats on over 100k words man! :pinkiehappy:

5613651 Tanks...though i've still got a long way to go before this story is done: The rest of season 2, Season 3-4, Season 5 (which will probably be out by the time I catch up with the timeline) Love, marriages, death, and it all ends with the death of our protagonist. Granted it takes over 100 years, but it happens.

5822789 That is exactly what I did there.

This is a great story!

6792107 Really? I thought I was WIll in real life. Eh, what do I know?

6811832 I'm surprised it took you a year to ask that question.

6812615 If it's marked as Hiatus, I'll wait a year, if not, three months, as long as I'm going through my favourites.

7599697 Really? I've seen a good number in my days. Also yes to your first question.

I looked at her seriously. “I hated taking Spanish in school; it is the language of demons.”

And just like that your no longer mi héroe :pinkiecrazy:
Kidding though I'm surprised Pinkie didn't reply to him in Spanish she speaks it as evidenced by Pinkie Pride, unless this was all written before that aired.

7600520 I started writing this before even season 4 came out.

7600861
I thought as much, hopefully all the new episodes will inspire you on what to add once you jump back into this like Mary-su...erm Starlight Glimmer.

U gonna write more?

I am sorry to say this but I like the idea but it is a little too fast-paced and ruched so good bye!

Login or register to comment